AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series > F/SN UBW TV Spoiler-Free Threads (for New Viewers)

Notices

Old 2015-06-28, 10:28   Link #161
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

The episode imo was amazing. Everything I wished for (well not everything. I did want a kiss! ).

Fast somebody make avis/sigs from this episode ASAP! Rin was so gorgeous in this episode!

Rin is love! Rin is life!
Old 2015-06-28, 12:13   Link #162
Mister Twit

Damn, that was too heavy. I was expecting more in the way of fun and goofiness. Stuff more along the lines of Magical Pro-Wrestling, but in the end with that being the only light-hearted moment, it ended up feeling out of place. Even when Taiga showed up everything was weirdly serious.

Incidentally was I only imagining it, or was the subtle focus with Rin's hand on her stomach early in the episode supposed to indicate that she was pregnant? It was so quick and unrelated to the conversation that I wasn't sure, but that's such a common shot I had to wonder. It's certainly possible in that situation.

I don't understand why the secrecy about the long-haired mage. When I found out who it was it was a nice surprise, but couldn't they at least have thrown a name into the scene for the people that watched Fate/Zero? There was no real way to be sure who he was.
Mister Twit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-28, 14:15   Link #163
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Really nice epilogue. Though I couldn't believe Sakura was taking care of Shinji in the hospital. What a nice person she is.
Was I the only one who thought she had kind of a wicked face during that scene?
Old 2015-06-28, 15:08   Link #164
Fizix
Nitpicking

I've watched zero but didn't recognise the long haired guy. The only possibility I could think of seems unlikely.

So who was he?
Fizix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-28, 15:13   Link #165
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
Fate/Zero was like that too, yet that series wound up with a second half far stronger than its first. Okay, the problem is less that it was about Shirou and Archer's conflicting ideals... the problem is that the entire conflict basically went down like this:

And this lasted for three episodes straight. It was neither all that interesting nor all that enjoyable, and for all the focus it got, I didn't feel it was resolved all that well either.
I think the goal was for people to be able to empathise with Archer's position.

The guy basically turned into an assassin out of what he later believes were mistaken ideals. Now imagine some teenage punk walking around saying he's going to ally with justice, probably boils your blood when you know he's just going to commit mass murder and not accomplish what he wished for. Archer doesn't simply want to correct his mistakes of youth, slapping Shirou to his senses, he basically wants to kill the villain that he sees himself as, and Shirou becoming one in the future. He sees himself as almost a menace to this world, rather than a hero protecting it, while at the same time being fed the possibility he wasn't that mistaken to go down the path he is on now.

In short, Archer is still full of contradictions, and the outcome is what it is. So while I think they could have just skipped to the main fight and be done with it, they wanted to drill his turmoil inside people's heads - and they still failed!

Besides I think that wasn't really the most entertaining part of the show. Gilgamesh v. Shirou is the better storyline. As I've said previously, meta as fuck!
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-28, 15:14   Link #166
Gaulek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizix View Post
I've watched zero but didn't recognise the long haired guy. The only possibility I could think of seems unlikely.

So who was he?
F/Z spoilers:
Spoiler for F/Z:
Gaulek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-28, 15:17   Link #167
Fizix
Nitpicking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaulek View Post
F/Z spoilers:
Spoiler for F/Z:
Spoiler for F/Z:
Fizix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-28, 19:56   Link #168
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Was I the only one who thought she had kind of a wicked face during that scene?
I guess it was supposed to be a more determined look. She is more determined at that point to have a better relationships with Shinji and isn't letting him refuse her.
Old 2015-07-13, 14:59   Link #169
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Considering that Shinji is the definition of trash... I wonder why Gilgamesh let him inside his treasury of weapons? Gil's fire-at-will vault stores the best treasure, doesn't it?
Old 2015-07-15, 09:33   Link #170
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

As much as Shinji is an asshat, I think he actually manages to amuse Gilgamish, so far as Gilgamesh can be amused by mongrels.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-22, 14:30   Link #171
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
As much as Shinji is an asshat, I think he actually manages to amuse Gilgamish, so far as Gilgamesh can be amused by mongrels.
Even mongrels don't go inside a treasury....
Old 2015-07-22, 15:32   Link #172
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

You're assuming that he didn't just shove him inside whatever transportation Noble Phantasm and chuck him out of it on the other side.