Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-03-09, 07:57   Link #81
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
I am not worried since so many people know this Reeves fella that means he has experience as a actor and that is what we need I actually can't wait so far they seem to being true to the story hopefully this will be good
Being a well-known actor doesn't always mean being a good actor. Just look at Nicholas Cage A lot of famous actors make it big because they have connections with important people in the industry. The fact that they're famous means they have strong connections. But if you look at most of their movies, you'll find that their acting ability is....well....not really that great
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-09, 13:55   Link #82
Solafighter
Hige

Ah yea, i totaly forgot about this thread. Well, we have 2011, already.

I guess, the movie died?
Old 2011-03-09, 14:22   Link #83
solomon

I certainly hope it did.

Darn thing is the epitome of redundancy.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-09, 17:16   Link #84
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
Being a well-known actor doesn't always mean being a good actor. Just look at Nicholas Cage A lot of famous actors make it big because they have connections with important people in the industry. The fact that they're famous means they have strong connections. But if you look at most of their movies, you'll find that their acting ability is....well....not really that great
Yea but as a an actor your supposed to be able to take on different roles.

What I am really trying to say is your supposed to be a good actor depending upon your experience in acting
Old 2011-03-09, 17:29   Link #85
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Bleh, why not cast Keanu Reeves as every anime lead?

Whoa.

Well, good thing this is buried.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 07:47   Link #86
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
Yea but as a an actor your supposed to be able to take on different roles.

What I am really trying to say is your supposed to be a good actor depending upon your experience in acting
Yes, you're supposed to take on different roles, and experience can make you a good actor and it does in most cases. But if that's all it took to be a famous actor, then there'd be plenty more actors out there in Hollywood movies right now. Instead, you tend to see the same faces all the time because they know how to market themselves well and they know people in the industry. People like Keanu who've been in the industry for so many years has a lot of connections, and from the producer's perspective, having a well-known name in the movie will get them more money than having a genuinely good actor but is relatively unknown because it attracts a bigger audience. The more people watch the movie, the more they make in the box office. So really, it's more to do with money and marketing than skill and talent. Being famous doesn't mean you're good at what you do when it comes to acting (with some exceptions, but sorry to say, Keanu isn't an exception).
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 14:38   Link #87
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
Yes, you're supposed to take on different roles, and experience can make you a good actor and it does in most cases. But if that's all it took to be a famous actor, then there'd be plenty more actors out there in Hollywood movies right now. Instead, you tend to see the same faces all the time because they know how to market themselves well and they know people in the industry. People like Keanu who've been in the industry for so many years has a lot of connections, and from the producer's perspective, having a well-known name in the movie will get them more money than having a genuinely good actor but is relatively unknown because it attracts a bigger audience. The more people watch the movie, the more they make in the box office. So really, it's more to do with money and marketing than skill and talent. Being famous doesn't mean you're good at what you do when it comes to acting (with some exceptions, but sorry to say, Keanu isn't an exception).
Umm being one in Theater arts I have learned that different thing. Listen if you have skill and talent that all you need to act well. money doesn't actually come to later.

This is a better casting than
Justin Chatiwn- Known with little experience
Noah ringer- this guy had nothing and still didn't do that bad yea his acting was a little sulky, but hey your just being

Either way how bad can it really be. I mean it isn't like the guy who played "Speed" became part of the movie "Ninja Assassin"
Old 2011-03-31, 18:56   Link #88
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
While the pot is cooking for this movie, here's another 'just leave the anime alone, it'll be DBE 2 from Hollywood' update on Akira.
(Thought we had a thread for it, obviously not...) :\

(No, it isn't an April fool's joke, IMDB has an entry and it was written a couple of days ago)
Short of it being cancelled, methinks it's sadly legit.

The article is written in satire but for fits and giggles, sake
Quote:
The screen is a haze through me tears of rage and frustration.

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia

Last edited by Mystique; 2011-03-31 at 19:08.
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 20:27   Link #89
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
While the pot is cooking for this movie, here's another 'just leave the anime alone, it'll be DBE 2 from Hollywood' update on Akira.
(Thought we had a thread for it, obviously not...) :\

(No, it isn't an April fool's joke, IMDB has an entry and it was written a couple of days ago)
Short of it being cancelled, methinks it's sadly legit.

The article is written in satire but for fits and giggles, sake
Cowboy Bebop and Last Air bender were one thing and DBE was bad but sill this is a little off this is completely and uterluy westernized, DBE was at least somewhat Eastern but this is the whitish of the white for Akira and it doesn't even work Akira isn't that modern
Old 2012-03-29, 07:12   Link #90
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

It's 2012 and the movie's still up in the air, but that hasn't stopped some from fantasising about the ideal Bepop cast, it seems.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 07:27   Link #91
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
^ Damn that's some amazing photoshopping. They don't look awkward at all for trying to look like anime characters.

Vicious looks more like dante though, need a skinnier jaw
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 11:14   Link #92
Solafighter
Hige

I think these wishes will stay wishes. I dont see a Cowboy Bebop movie coming.
Old 2012-03-29, 15:50   Link #93
mochichan

I really don't want one to happen...I feel like whenever Hollywood do adaptation, they'll butcher it like they did to DB D:
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 06:16   Link #94
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Those pictures are awesome, I love Bruce Willis as Jet, looks awesome.

But yeah, in typical Hollywood fashion the characters will not have those sort of details that makes them who they are. They'll probably be reduced to a few american sterotypes and get rid of many of the quirks. I'd be optimistic if the ships looked even half as close as they are supposed to.
Old 2012-11-10, 07:53   Link #95
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Shinichiro Watanabe was a guest at the Anime Festival Asia 2012 in Singapore, and I managed to catch him during his stage appearance. Host Danny Choo asked him to describe his early years in the anime industry and also asked about his work on Sakamichi no Apollon.

More importantly, Watanabe was asked about Cowboy Bepop, and he revealed a few interesting tidbits:
  • Cowboy Bepop was originally meant to promote a new line of toys.
  • The toy company told Watanabe that he could do anything he wanted, so long as the anime featured spaceships.
  • Watanabe took the sponsor at its word; the toy company pulled out mid-way when it realised that the anime wasn't what it expected.
  • Cowboy Bepop would not have been completed had Bandai not stepped in with the funds at the last moment.
  • Regarding the Hollywood movie — Watanabe confirmed that the project is still in the works, despite a temporary stall.
  • The US director is working on a script in consultation with Watanabe, who plays a supervisory role.
  • Watanabe seems optimistic about the project, and he has insisted on just one condition: Don't let it become another Dragonball.
  • Watanabe revealed that he first visited Singapore about 20 years ago. He is amazed at how much the city has changed.
  • When it comes to creating new works, Watanabe said he loves to mix influences from many different cultures, like he did in Cowboy Bepop.
  • He credited this approach to Singapore's multilingual, multi-racial and multicultural society, which greatly inspired him 20 years ago.
  • Episode 24, Hard Luck Woman, in which Faye Valentine finally discovered her origins, was Watanabe's tribute to Singapore.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 15:46   Link #96
Alchemist007
*Author

Nice tid bits there.
Old 2012-11-10, 17:28   Link #97
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Shinichiro Watanabe was a guest at the Anime Festival Asia 2012 in Singapore, and I managed to catch him during his stage appearance. Host Danny Choo asked him to describe his early years in the anime industry and also asked about his work on Sakamichi no Apollon.

More importantly, Watanabe was asked about Cowboy Bepop, and he revealed a few interesting tidbits:
  • Cowboy Bepop was originally meant to promote a new line of toys.
  • The toy company told Watanabe that he could do anything he wanted, so long as the anime featured spaceships.
  • Watanabe took the sponsor at its word; the toy company pulled out mid-way when it realised that the anime wasn't what it expected.
  • Cowboy Bepop would not have been completed had Bandai not stepped in with the funds at the last moment.
  • Regarding the Hollywood movie — Watanabe confirmed that the project is still in the works, despite a temporary stall.
  • The US director is working on a script in consultation with Watanabe, who plays a supervisory role.
  • Watanabe seems optimistic about the project, and he has insisted on just one condition: Don't let it become another Dragonball.
  • Watanabe revealed that he first visited Singapore about 20 years ago. He is amazed at how much the city has changed.
  • When it comes to creating new works, Watanabe said he loves to mix influences from many different cultures, like he did in Cowboy Bepop.
  • He credited this approach to Singapore's multilingual, multi-racial and multicultural society, which greatly inspired him 20 years ago.
  • Episode 24, Hard Luck Woman, in which Faye Valentine finally discovered her origins, was Watanabe's tribute to Singapore.
Good to know.

Dragonball z live action movie.... *shudders*
Old 2017-06-07, 03:50   Link #98
saya_leviathan

The interest for a live-action Cowboy Bebop has resurrected once again and this time, it's a TV series.

Sunrise to Co-Produce Live-Action Cowboy Bebop TV Series
Quote:
Entertainment news magazine Variety and entertainment news website Deadline reported on Tuesday that Tomorrow Studios, a partnership between producer Marty Adelstein (Prison Break, Teen Wolf) and ITV Studios, will produce a live-action television series adaptation of the 1998 television anime Cowboy Bebop. Chris Yost (Thor: The Dark World, Thor: Ragnarok) will write the adaptation.

The studio Sunrise, which animated the original series, will executive produce the live-action series. Other executive producers will include Adelstein, Becky Clements (Good Behavior, Aquarius), Midnight Radio, and Matthew Weinberg. Midnight Radio is composed of Josh Appelbaum, Andre Nemec, Jeff Pinkner, and Scott Rosenberg.

Adelstein said, "We are excited to work with Sunrise in bringing this beloved anime to the U.S. and global marketplace as a live-action series." The producer also said, "The animated version has long resonated with audiences worldwide, and with the continued, ever growing, popularity of anime, we believe a live action version will have an incredible impact today.”

The original anime's director Shinichiro Watanabe commented on the proposed Hollywood live-action film adaptation of the anime in 2014. He said, "I'm afraid I don't know what they're thinking in Hollywood. Apparently the project hasn't come to a stop but I don't know how it's going to progress from here on. I hear that there are a lot of 'Hollywood' problems." The director also said he had no interest in creating an animated Cowboy Bebop sequel unless "I thought I could do better [than] last time. If I feel that way, I might make more but I don't know when that would happen."

Actor Keanu Reeves said in 2013 that "Cowboy Bebop does not look like it is going to happen with me in it." Reeves was originally slated to star in the proposed live-action film. The American film studio Twentieth Century Fox, the production company 3 Arts Entertainment, and Sunrise announced in January 2009 that they would be co-producing the proposed adaptation of the anime.
I don't know how I feel about this. But I'm curious that if this really goes through, will they keep the jazz soundtrack? Also, I doubt Keanu Reeves would play Spike as he's already too old (at 52).
saya_leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-07, 05:58   Link #99
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Nice to know it hasn't been abandoned.
Old 2017-06-08, 22:18   Link #100
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

If they couldn't make this into a movie because it would have cost too much, how in the hell do they expect to make it into a TV series?

Tags
live-action, movie