AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-12-29, 00:45   Link #81
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

My dad used to tell me that a guy has to do either of two things to get on in life:
1.) Get married, or:
2.) Learn to cook

Since I'm still single, I guess this means my cooking is at least passable, if nothing special. But what that also means is, I've got quite a different idea from most of you when it comes to what an "ideal wife" is...namely, I haven't got one even at my age. There are anime characters who I'd love to be romantically involved with (See my Nanaha avatar). But when I think of "Wife", I tend to take it more seriously.

There's something else I recall, comes from a moive, that goes: "She is not perfect. You are not perfect. What is important is if you are perfect for each other." Being Husband or Wife means more than just romance or sexuality, or even the willingness to have children with another person. Emotions shall come and go, the way you feel for someone today may not be the same thing as what you or they will feel tomorrow. However, marriage as in husband and wife (and potentially as father and mother) will not go away the next day, or week, or month. You decide to make a long-term committment to another person for life.

It may be because I'm from a relatively conservative upbringing (blame the Catholics), and the fact that I don't approve of divorce, but...I found that it takes more than just love to keep two people together after a long time. Many things factor in: Will the person you're with always feel this way? Will the person you're with change? Even after your love is gone, after they've turned old, gray, with wrinkles, lost all of their physical beauty, can you realistically say you want this or that person to be your husband or wife?

When you marry someone, you have to accept the bad as well as the good. You have to accept that the girl or boy you want to be with has certain habits, traits, or other little quirks that you will eventually find one day and find that you can't stand it (Trust me, something as insignificant as leaving the toilet seat up becomes ABSOLUTELY ANNOYING once you face it every single day). I notice many of you say Kaede or Nyu or whoever, -except- their "psycho" personalities. That's not a fine way to finding someone you want to live the rest of your life with.

You have to share in it, all the bad and all the good. Sorrows and joy. Your wife or husband isn't someone you can attend to part-time. Yes, both of you need your personal space. But you also have to know when you need each other.

I believe in the sanctity of marriage, which is why I can't just answer. But if I did find an anime character I could marry, trust me, I'd be surprised if she was someone I'd like romantically--in fact, I think it's highly likely that the type of girl I'd want to marry is someone I could see more as a friend than a lover. Someone whom I could get along with even after years of being with them, even after the romance and sexuality have gone.

Love is too fickle an emotion to be the sole reason for marriage.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-29, 01:50   Link #82
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post

When you marry someone, you have to accept the bad as well as the good. You have to accept that the girl or boy you want to be with has certain habits, traits, or other little quirks that you will eventually find one day and find that you can't stand it (Trust me, something as insignificant as leaving the toilet seat up becomes ABSOLUTELY ANNOYING once you face it every single day). I notice many of you say Kaede or Nyu or whoever, -except- their "psycho" personalities. That's not a fine way to finding someone you want to live the rest of your life with.
Personally I didn't exclude Kaede's psycho-mode, I just said I know under what circumstances it can happen and how it can be treated effectively before it goes out of control and thus I'm at ease, cause it's very simple really Not to mention that if something were to happen to me, she'd massacre those responsible which I think IS the way to go in a good number of occasions.
Old 2006-12-29, 02:17   Link #83
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Many things factor in: Will the person you're with always feel this way? Will the person you're with change? Even after your love is gone, after they've turned old, gray, with wrinkles, lost all of their physical beauty, can you realistically say you want this or that person to be your husband or wife?
Indeed, C.C. from Code Geass is looking good now. She seems like a tsunderekko, and I'd cook for her everyday. ^o^

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-29, 06:24   Link #84
Ziv

Hmm... I think Osaka from Azumanga Daioh would be cool to have around. It's almost scary how similar she is to my mom. Problem is I dunno if Osaka could ever get her act together enough to have a romantic relationship. If she could, though, then I'ld definately marry her.

Last edited by Ziv; 2006-12-29 at 06:43.
Ziv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-29, 14:12   Link #85
uyuu_ishida
ArTiSt

Send a message via MSN to uyuu_ishida
id marry orihime from bleach, she hot
uyuu_ishida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-01, 04:23   Link #86
Lotiman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang View Post
Indeed, C.C. from Code Geass is looking good now. She seems like a tsunderekko, and I'd cook for her everyday. ^o^
Perhaps you can order her some Pizza instead? xP
Lotiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-03, 00:40   Link #87
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotiman
Perhaps you can order her some Pizza instead? xP
- Dunno about you, but if C.C. likes Pizz Hut THAT much, introducing her to REAL Italian food would probably tick her off...
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-04, 14:50   Link #88
Shiuch

Possible, Eruru or Touka. :>
Shiuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 16:50   Link #89
Gemmaknight22

haha, what would be so funny is while your pondering which anime character is the best one for you; you'll come home one night and your parents tell you have an arrange marriage with ......KYOUYAMA ANNA (Shaman King)....haha, she's like......the harshest of them all.....
Gemmaknight22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 16:54   Link #90
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

^ Er...and why would you need to accept their decision ?
Old 2007-01-06, 20:05   Link #91
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
^ Er...and why would you need to accept their decision ?
Because Anna says so.
You'll have nothing in the saying that matters.
or else she'l kick your ass and still marry you

Areguzanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 20:52   Link #92
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiuch View Post
Possible, Eruru or Touka. :>
hell yeah! Eruruu owns!, what's is there not to like about her, she can heal you cause she is a doctor, she is nice, a virgin and gets aroused when you touch her tail!!

Eruruu forever!
holyman282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 23:53   Link #93
Calca
Expressionless

Maybe Tina from Ai Yori Aoshi.

She's legal at least since she's 21.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 08:55   Link #94
Kiety
Feito-ism
*Fansubber

Evangeline (Negima)

or

Feito (Nanoha)

^__^)v
Kiety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 08:57   Link #95
Kiety
Feito-ism
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang View Post
Spoiler for For CC's real name:
Kiety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 09:13   Link #96
Dan_87

Hinamori Momo from Bleach

she has such a nice personality, and she's kinda cute too :3

Dan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 18:09   Link #97
ThoHell

I don't know about marrying an anime character or in love with one, but the most pleasing anime voice to my ears is Yumiko from Read or Die. That voice is just mmmmm.......
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 22:26   Link #98
traziemykel
Chimpira

Mmm omg. i dont know ^^

First choice - Belldandy
Second - Chidori (FMP)
Third - Asa(Shuffle!)
Last - Tessa (FMP)
traziemykel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 02:05   Link #99
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor View Post
Maybe Tina from Ai Yori Aoshi.

She's legal at least since she's 21.
Aoi is allso "legal" as you call it.
she's just 1 year younger than Tina.
(Aoi and Kaoru are the same age, and Tina is kaoru's Senpai)

but on-topic: Aoi Sakuraba = the perfect wife

Areguzanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 00:36   Link #100
Davecheat

Ryuuguu Rena from Higurashi no Naku Koro ni or Athena from ARIA
Davecheat is offline   Reply With Quote