AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-06-27, 01:56   Link #481
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

With so many jokes going around about the new dante, I taught it was necesary fro em to put my grain of aslt into this gallery of good jokes. XD

Old 2011-06-27, 02:06   Link #482
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

I actually liked the new Dante over old one because he no longer have bishounen stereotype anymore.
Kameruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 02:18   Link #483
Used Can

The new Dante is still a pretty boy though. So, he's a bishōnen too, just that unlike the original, the new one seems to have some bad hygiene and dresses like a bum.
Old 2011-06-27, 04:47   Link #484
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
The new Dante is still a pretty boy though. So, he's a bishōnen too, just that unlike the original, the new one seems to have some bad hygiene and dresses like a bum.
Don't worry, he'll grow up from a teenage emo bum to a white hair cool, kickass, badass guy.
Old 2011-06-27, 06:58   Link #485
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

maybe you guys will grow up to :-P

how many pages of constant complaining about his looks are there? The comics and stuff are funny, But I thought by now everyone would have calmed down about it... or atleast stop caring at all.

@evilrick - I lol'd at the first panel with them just staring at him XD, and it woulda been funnier if you made dante say "Can I help?" at the last second.
Old 2011-06-27, 11:59   Link #486
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Kyero Fox I'm sorry no matter how strongly you try to defend this, and I've seen you try your damnest to try to defend this, it won't change the fact that most fans of the original myself included, still find this all to be totally unnecessary especially since the main reason for this change was because Ninja Theory thought the original dante wasn't "cool".

And the hate even went so far as to get the attention of Platinum game where they would be more than willing to clean up their mess should this bomb.

Plus with the gameplay looking....terrible that also doesn't help much. However with them losing their nerve and stating that it's going to be a prequel and not a reboot it makes this a bit more tolerable.

Naturally though I'm still gonna rent it and try it out but that doesn't mean I accept the change.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 12:05   Link #487
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

But I'm not defending it, well not anymore. I guess it seems like it.. I'd just rather the hate posts stop Because every time i see this thread bumped i think new details are out, but nope.. more hate =\

I wish ninja theory would change the name of the game and the story a little bit and make it a original game really.

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2011-06-27 at 14:07.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 00:44   Link #488
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

It seems like the true original Devil may cry fans are upset about this. I mean my friend who happened to be one of the biggest fan was not happy with the design either. As for me, I never cared for this series too much, much as I don't really like the design, I'm not really concerned one way or another.

And as for the new redesign, it seems like Ninja Theory is really trying to appeal to the teenagers by making Dante drenched in today's trendy fashion and basically ignoring the original DMC fans. Not like this is the first time this sort of thing happened. EA tried to reinvent Dante's Inferno in their own style, people who happened to like the original novel were just as upset leading to endless arguments in the thread.

I saw the DMC game trailer, at least the gameplay seems in tact and remains unchanged. As long as they don't try to abuse the license as much as they can, it seems it could be decent.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 07:54   Link #489
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

So I'm not true fan because I'm not raging or upset about it? Sorry but I'm calling BullShit.
Old 2011-06-28, 19:58   Link #490
Player
Sorcerer of Awesome

Send a message via MSN to Player
WARNING: Rant. You have been warned.

I think I wouldn't mind this game if it had ANYTHING that actually MADE it a Devil May Cry, besides the name.

Sure, gameplay style is similar, but it's not going to be the same, considering the 30fps. There's also the fact that it's... Not Devil May Cry. The only soundtracks that have been heard for the game DON'T match it. We have a completely different attitude AND looks for a character, a completely different sort of story which one can tell isn't fitting when CAREFULLY paying attention to the games.

ALL games have been about Sparda, in one way or another, after looking at DMC and it's details, I could tell that every single game gave more details about him, and his descendants continuing his legacy. What do we see here? Only details told are "DANTE WILL HAVE TO CHOOSE BETWEEN GOOD AND EVIL AND HE'LL GO AFTER REVENGE LOLOLOL", basically.

And there's also the fact developers are treating fans like idiots, laughing at people for VALID complaints (seriously, only a small minority complained about the hair. I can understand the smoking, since that alone goes completely against the character). Their attitude towards fans, the fact they COMPLETELY misunderstand what the series is about, already foretells the game will be a failure.

End Rant

Long story short: Most people aren't complaining about just the looks, we have more than enough reasons to dislike the game, and the game is going to be a complete failure which will actually surprise me if it somehow reaches a million (probably won't sell any more than that if that happens XD). kthxbai
Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 20:44   Link #491
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Also the initial blog post calls Donte/Dino as Tony Redgrave.
So pretty much they're taking novel and manga elements.
Old 2011-08-16, 04:55   Link #492
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

GC trailer :

Gameplay looks intense. Wait for more.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 05:13   Link #493
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Gameplay looks intense. Wait for more.
I cannot tell for sure, but it doesn't look like 60fps to me. But then again it is just a video. Will get it once it is hits sub £20 on steam.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 05:40   Link #494
Sciel
Etoilé

I believe its 30 FPS since its on the unreal engine and not MT Frameworks (DMC4's engine).

The gameplay looks "all right" and i'll reserve judgement on its actually out; the combat doesn't look "fluid" to me though. The gun animation also looks very very weird though, the transition from weapon -> gun in that trailer looks .

I still can't get over Dante's redesign. Its the equivalent of say Nintendo taking Mario and shaving off his beard while dudebro-ing him.
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 05:45   Link #495
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciel View Post
I still can't get over Dante's redesign. Its the equivalent of say Nintendo taking Mario and shaving off his beard while dudebro-ing him.
Apparently NT's dante is a different dante to capcom's. Think marvel's mulituniverse. In NT's DmC, dante is half angel and half demon and has a different character, so it is not the same dante form capcom's games.
Old 2011-08-16, 05:47   Link #496
Westlo
Lets be reality

No mention of the redesign of the redesign? He actually looks like he can slash those weapons around now. Still no O.G Dante but a much better tweaking from what we got originally.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 05:51   Link #497
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I have a feeling anyone hate Japanese stuff will end up liking this game, based on all the arguments around I've seen.
Old 2011-08-16, 06:18   Link #498
Aqua Knight

Dante using Batclaw???
Old 2011-08-16, 06:46   Link #499
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I have a feeling anyone hate Japanese stuff will end up liking this game, based on all the arguments around I've seen.
Well apparently Ninja Theory games have a large following, i personally don't like any of their games. With big backing NT can put up a successful blockbuster title, as seen in the past.
Old 2011-08-16, 07:33   Link #500
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Well apparently Ninja Theory games have a large following.
Going by their sales this large following must not buy their games.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote