AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-26, 04:11   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Good morning. Welcome to another week of Bleach. Meh. Speaking of mehs, if I try to say meh five consecutive time at a really quick pace, I come out sounding like a goat... probably complaing about the weather. 15 other outstanding Bleach fans agree according to the last week's episode discussion poll. Regardless of the questionable story-telling in these anime original arcs, two things always remained consistently good. I kid you not. The omake tend to be the best segment of the entire 20+ minutes of shinanigans, and the comments by the fans are consistently better. I grinned like an idiot as I was going through last week's episode discussion thread. Capt. Planet has always been an upstanding citizen in the world of supernatural heroes. The man definitely knew how to look good on those unobtrusive bulges in tights.

Enjoy the discussion.

Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!
Old 2010-01-26, 04:27   Link #2
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Location: Where the morale of the people is as black as the sea.
Monir, I am at work and have decided to say MEH 5 times fast, on top of people looking at me funny, they have also informed me that I do not sound anything like a goat complaining about the weather. So next time please don't say things that idiots (namely me) might actually try.... I never payed much attention to captain planet's "bulges" but his s curl was the bigatty bomb yall!!!!
Spoiler for might piss some people off:

Last edited by MAQI; 2010-01-26 at 04:44.
Old 2010-01-26, 04:44   Link #3
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAQI View Post
Spoiler for might piss some people off:
After the next "mini-arc". My guess is it's 10-13 eps long, but I have nothing to go on except the zanpakuto spirits OP.
Old 2010-01-26, 04:46   Link #4
Aqua Knight

Beginning of april is rumored to be the return to manga.

Watched it, had some moments.
First, when Ichigo channeled his reaitsu through his sword, then the surfing scene,lol.
But why the heck animators waste great tracks on such rubbish scenes?
Omake is hilarious as ever.
New mini-filler arc starts.
And the zan arc , I rate it 6/10, entertaining but too predictable again.

Last edited by Aqua Knight; 2010-01-26 at 05:53.
Old 2010-01-26, 06:29   Link #5
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Raw was enough for me, don't have to understand a thing cuz' I'm quite fed up with this arc. It was one of the best, sure, but this last battle with Ichigo are annoying as hell. He starts to loose then he hears some damn voice or his determination powers up and he starts winning. Can't there be anything else, please? Yeah animation was top notch and action scenes were good but still...

Like Murasaki said, entertaining but too predictable, still a good arc though.
Old 2010-01-26, 07:12   Link #6
Gin
*Artist

I didn't even finish monir's intro, as soon as I read the part about sounding like a goat, I just started saying meh really fast to see if it was true. (I don't think it is but I might be too drunk.)

I don't know if I will even watch this episode, I think I will wait and see what others have to say about it before I risk exposing my eyes to something that has the possibility to be as attrocious as last week's 'episode' was.
Old 2010-01-26, 07:33   Link #7
Rheehemoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
I don't know if I will even watch this episode, I think I will wait and see what others have to say about it before I risk exposing my eyes to something that has the possibility to be as attrocious as last week's 'episode' was.
That's my plan
Old 2010-01-26, 08:09   Link #8
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
Raw was enough for me, don't have to understand a thing cuz' I'm quite fed up with this arc. It was one of the best, sure, but this last battle with Ichigo are annoying as hell. He starts to loose then he hears some damn voice or his determination powers up and he starts winning. Can't there be anything else, please? Yeah animation was top notch and action scenes were good but still...

Like Murasaki said, entertaining but too predictable, still a good arc though.
That's exactly what always happens with Ichigo in each fight, all his fights are big piece of... well you get the idea
Old 2010-01-26, 09:15   Link #9
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Have't watched the episode yet, but I'm sure it will have about 6 good moments, which is good enough for me Unfortunately I won't be watching bleach first thing in the morning tomorrow thanks to exams taking priority over bleach (2 years ago, bleach>all) but it will definitely be the first thing I do once I get back~
Quote:
Omake is hilarious as ever.
Want!
Old 2010-01-26, 10:39   Link #10
kitten320

Yeh, seeing Ulquiorra casually drinking tea was good^^
Old 2010-01-26, 10:55   Link #11
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I still haven't even watched the last two episodes because of everyone talking about how shite they were...
Old 2010-01-26, 11:18   Link #12
medigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
That's exactly what always happens with Ichigo in each fight, all his fights are big piece of... well you get the idea
Except in this case there was no actual power-up as far as I can tell
Ichigo just did what Byakuya did and trusted on his sword to tell him where the real Muramasa was. The voice was zangetsu's of course...
So no, its not that bad as its made out to be
Old 2010-01-26, 11:49   Link #13
Crimson Reaper

Well as a whole the Arc was pretty good. Some great zanpakuto designs and some great fights but also suffered from annoying moments and bad fights as well. All in all I enjoyed it though, a good efort by the anime team. Even though Ichigo again did his "I'll never forgive you" attitude to bleeding heart mode with Muramasa.
But man judging by the Omake even Ichigo was eager to get back to the plot. But any Omake with Nel is awesome. And the preview looks rather interesting as well.
Old 2010-01-26, 12:31   Link #14
kitten320

That's also the problem with Ichigo like in his fight with Zaraki. Zangetsu said several nice phrases and Ichigo gets up like nothing happened. Back then he wasn't bleeding anymore and was standing as a fully healthy person. Atleast they shouldn't have showed how pathefic Ichigo was before that...

Thankfully in this fight he wasn't that messed up.
Old 2010-01-26, 16:15   Link #15
Ichiban Hayai

Finally a conclusion. The last ep had an Ok battle, all the acrobatics around the waves were a nice touch. But it was nothing special either.

As for the arc itself: 10/10 until the point Ikkaku first meets Houzukimaru, after that 3/10 at best. There were a couple of extra good moments (the fight of Byakuya & Sode no Shirayuki), but most of it was below average. I will certainly have mixed feelings for this arc.
Old 2010-01-26, 18:18   Link #16
Kayin
s c a r l e t
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Kayin
I just wish they could do some filler flashbacks that relate to the manga storyline. Something like the fall of the Shiba Clan, maybe a look at Soul Society before Yami took over and brought order, etc. I doubt Kubo intends on putting all that stuff in the manga, in detail at least.
Old 2010-01-26, 21:03   Link #17
Jerseykid

Thank god it's over and oh my god how can they still not let us back to Ichigo vs Ulquiorra
Old 2010-01-26, 21:26   Link #18
Zek
Eyebrows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayin View Post
I just wish they could do some filler flashbacks that relate to the manga storyline. Something like the fall of the Shiba Clan, maybe a look at Soul Society before Yami took over and brought order, etc. I doubt Kubo intends on putting all that stuff in the manga, in detail at least.
Yeah, the filler could be so much better if they would get Kubo to give them some details on that stuff. No way is the manga going to cover even a fraction of the backstory that's been hinted at.
Old 2010-01-26, 21:49   Link #19
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Ahhh love is in the air..... can u fell the love? CAN YOU FEEL IT?

Ichigo holding hands with Ulquiora and getting through to the very depths of his soul just before he faded away (no he didn't die! proud zanpaktou like that don't die, they just ... fade away) ..... and Byakuya thanking Ichigo... yeap...this was a BL fest all around, and I am deeply disgusted by all that!
Old 2010-01-26, 22:28   Link #20
Lendial

i really think this is how the fight with aizen will go, with ichigo and zangetsu synchronizing.