AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-12-01, 17:03   Link #4561
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Ok, activating ultra-objective mode, no whining and no bias.

3... 2... 1... ok let's go!

Nanoha already acknowledged Tohma's innate talent for both bombardement magic and swordsmanship and of course is excited about the possibility of being the one who polish said talents. Knowing Signum, she probably be curious about said statement being a swordfighter herself, also probably she makes her own conclusions about how to fight an Eclipse Driver from her defeat at the hands of Cypha. So now that Section Six have their own eclipse driver, Signum may want to test her theories in battle and to her nothing will be better than having the strongest Eclipse Driver at her dispossal to do it.

One of three plausible things popped up in my mind about the results of this(of course, putting aside all the other biased possibilites that have Signum being curbstompped by the kid xDU) are:

a) Tohma defeats Signum(or corner her which can also be counted as a "defeat" in a sparring match) and everybody is amazed but Signum is unconvinced and tells Tohma he needs to be even better than that but thanks him for allowing her the chance to fight him.

b) Signum struggles at first but discover some important flaw in Tohma's attack pattern that allow her to defeat/corner him followed by some indication that Tohma is indeed absurdly powerfull but lacks the skill/experience to use said power to it's full potential and warns him that if she was able to find openings in his fight-style other adversaries will also be able to do so. Tohma, being the honest kid he is, will thank her for her advice.

c) Neither of them actually manage to completely disable their opponent, Signum then can take the same attitude as in the other two examples or in the contrary will congrat him for being a tough adversary and will praise Nanoha's statement about his potential. Then she'll ask Tohma for a future chance of continuing their practice, Tohma will gladly accept.

Taking into consideration the circunstances around Signum and Tohma i think she will try to do something for the kid, specially after she get to know about Tohma's past, she already was teased by Cypha about the cruel destiny that is awaiting for him as also telling her she will be unable to save him. After knowing the early hardships of his life probably she will feel identified with the boy, possibly even developing a sisterly liking of him. Naturally, Signum being Signum, she probably won't be open about this and there's even the possibility that she behave strict and cold towards him, after all, she didn't have a close relationship with him and because of this she probably decides to protect and help him from the distace, letting Subaru and the other more caring girls taking care of the emotional support.

....oooor probably i'm just talking buckets of nonsense again xDU

...."ultra-objective mode" shutting down in ...3 ...2 ...1

OFF!

Phew! i feel my head spinning xDU

EDIT: Page claimed for my first lucid post about Signum in MONTHS!

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 17:38   Link #4562
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I wouldn't put it past Tsuzuki to have Signum curbstomp Thoma (experience fighting a Huck + Thoma no longer being controlled) in order to set up a "you must grow stronger if you want to protect the people you love" story.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 17:48   Link #4563
LostSome

I kind of having a problem with getting from "you`re a sick person in need of a cure" to " you must grow stronger".
Or is being infected not a bad thing anymore ?
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 17:49   Link #4564
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Touma's being treated for his infection, so as long as he continues said treatments it shouldn't be much of a problem for the rest of the force.
Old 2011-12-01, 17:53   Link #4565
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
AIDs? C'mon tsuzuki show some back bone

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 17:57   Link #4566
LostSome

Lily is the one that is keeping his infection down and he had to have her at his side at all time. Not exactly a cure...
I don`t think I would be playing with his infection since the fight between the infected have shown, the more you`re infected, the stronger you are.
Old 2011-12-01, 18:03   Link #4567
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSome View Post
I kind of having a problem with getting from "you`re a sick person in need of a cure" to " you must grow stronger".
Or is being infected not a bad thing anymore ?
He's not exactly sick with a disease that forces him on the bed. But he has taken upon himself the responsibility of protecting people, a sentiment Signum can understand perfectly, and is a very common jumping board for the "you must become stronger" cliche.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 18:07   Link #4568
malekith

i think he/she meant getting stronger as in getting better techniques and experiance as far as has been shown b4 striker had begun thoma had hardly any to no training all of his attacks were the tomb on autopilot not thoma himself he might need quite a bit of training to be able to fight at the lvl he has earlier in the series by his own will
malekith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 18:09   Link #4569
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Oh hey gaiz, guess what?

Spoiler for 20:
Old 2011-12-01, 18:10   Link #4570
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I wouldn't put it past Tsuzuki to have Signum curbstomp Thoma (experience fighting a Huck + Thoma no longer being controlled) in order to set up a "you must grow stronger if you want to protect the people you love" story.
Probably, maybe Signum wants Tohma to cash more on his natural talent than the automatic battling powers of the Silver Cross. Still, i doubt Signum will "curbstomp" him, not after Tsuzuki already claimed that Tohma is the strongest character of the new cast. If Signum manage to win, i think it only be after Tohma show a couple of cool flashy moves of his own, we musn't forget that Isis and Lily are also aiding him in battle.

Assuming my previous statement of Lily being superior rein and Agito is only an exaggeration i wonder if Tsuzuki have plans for them, they seem to be motivated during that fight. Did Tsuzuki have planned something for them? A power-up? a new way to use their current powers? I admit it will be nice if Tsuzuki actually think about a way for the little unison sisters to get around their horrid disadvantage and manage to be of some utility on the battlefield again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Touma's being treated for his infection, so as long as he continues said treatments it shouldn't be much of a problem for the rest of the force.
I wonder if Tohma will now have something of a time or power limit while accesing his uberhaxx mode, something like "using the full power of the book/divider will raise the chances of making your infection unstable again" So Tohma will be limited to use his game breaker powers only as a last resource.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSome View Post
Lily is the one that is keeping his infection down and he had to have her at his side at all time. Not exactly a cure...
I don`t think I would be playing with his infection since the fight between the infected have shown, the more you`re infected, the stronger you are.
Probably but maybe Lily is councsious about the consequences of abusing the viral powers, the virus description says that no matter how powerfull they are, Eclipse Drivers always meet an untimely violent death. an infected person can releiev the symptoms of the disease by killing and cutting loose periodically but that's not a cure, the virus is still working in their bodies, what if the virus become more progressively exigent with the amont of violence and madness released when time passes? It probably reach a point when the host's body can take the sudden outburst anymore and finally surrenders to the final fate of an Eclipse Infected. that also could explain the desperate attempts of the Huckebein to find a real way to control the virus as also their distrust of the TSAB's methods due to them considering those "inefficient".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
He's not exactly sick with a disease that forces him on the bed. But he has taken upon himself the responsibility of protecting people, a sentiment Signum can understand perfectly, and is a very common jumping board for the "you must become stronger" cliche.
Yup, sounds pretty plausible.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-12-01, 18:14   Link #4571
LostSome

Thanks, Raiser.

Sexy Curren ? I`m always up for that.
And yeah, I kind of knew Curren had a link with Thoma.
Old 2011-12-01, 18:14   Link #4572
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
I wonder if Tohma will now have something of a time or power limit while accesing his uberhaxx mode, something like "using the full power of the book/divider will raise the chances of making your infection unstable again" So Tohma will be limited to use his game breaker powers only as a last resource.
Sounds plausible and possible to me. Nanoha's super-mode in StrikerS had its own life-threatening drawbacks, after all. Touma's has bigger risks in that he didn't choose to have such powers; Nanoha at least volunteered to use Blaster Mode.

EDIT: Wouldn't surprise me if all the Books of the Silver Cross are interconnected with one another.
Old 2011-12-01, 18:19   Link #4573
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Oh hey gaiz, guess what?

Spoiler for 20:
A draw, like every other mock battle in the series ...surprise, surprise xDU

LOL! well, the formation makes sense, Rein and Lily perform Unison while Agito and Isis give support firepower(Agito's powers can't do a thing to Tohma but are perfectly able to work on Isis). Shame we weren't able to see the interaction between Signum and the kids, it really amuses me how they will interact or if at least Lily remembers who Signum and Agito are but hey! It's Vivio!

Tohma + Lily + bed! And you guys told me there are no hints between them xD

I wonder if Curren really have a direct connection with Tohma through their Eclipse powers, like Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader who sometimes are able to communicate or share toughts throught "The Force".

Curren: Come to the dark side! We can rule togheter as sister and brother!

Looks like we finally gonna met the true Big Bad or at least the True Big Bad's Dragon.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-12-01, 18:20   Link #4574
ZeroIchiNi

Send a message via AIM to ZeroIchiNi
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Oh hey gaiz, guess what?

Spoiler for 20:
How many Draws are we up to in this series? and they all are in mock battles right? Did the one who's winning goes "maybe I should make it a draw so that there are no hard feelings"?

Okay who's in better condition?

Edit: Ninjaed
ZeroIchiNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 18:26   Link #4575
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
well if they keep nuking the battlefield, yeah there will be a draw. :3 such maniacs they are

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 18:27   Link #4576
LostSome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
I wonder if Curren really have a direct connection with Tohma through their Eclipse powers, like Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader who sometimes are able to communicate or share toughts throught "The Force".

Curren: Come to the dark side! We can rule togheter as sister and brother!

Looks like we finally gonna met the true Big Bad or at least the True Big Bad's Dragon.
Curren being Thoma`s mother or sister ? Why not ?

God... TSAB needs somekind of eclipse detector. Double!
Old 2011-12-01, 18:33   Link #4577
Justin_Brett

Quote:
Either Thoma's book has a direct line of communication with Curren, or Curren left a pre-recorded message in it.
That second part is impossible. She never got anywhere near him.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 18:37   Link #4578
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Finally watched the scans...

Spoiler for Yippe?:

Context DAMN IT! I NEED CONTEXT!

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-12-01, 18:39   Link #4579
LostSome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
That second part is impossible. She never got anywhere near him.
Actually, Curren said that she got a good look at him and since we have not idea how she got to Hayate, I`m not saying she could not.

Also, since it was never shown what happen after Thoma fired the Zero...
I say she could have mess with him all she wanted before he appeared before Lily and Isis.
Old 2011-12-01, 18:41   Link #4580
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Doubtful. The Tome knocked Isis out for raising her voice at him; I seriously doubt Curren would've risked going near him in that moment.

Tags
manga, nanoha force