AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-01-30, 11:02   Link #41
TCman

Is Jiraiya still alive? I don't remember that he's ever revived with Edo Tensei. Anyway, I don't exactly like recycling the idea of of reviving the Hokages again, it's been done more than once, twice already. Though if Sasuke is going to team up with Obito and Madara, then it would be more interesting.
TCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 11:04   Link #42
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Orochimaru just soul transferred with a Zetsu but he can only do this every 3 years so this may mean Orochimaru wouldn't be able to soul transfer with Sasuke until 3 years.

If this is still true then Sasuke doesn't need to worry about Orochamru taking his body unless Orochimaru planned to trap Sasuke for 3 years and then soul transfer with him which seems unlikely.
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 11:07   Link #43
Hiking_Bear

This chapter matches my prediction from Ch 592. I expect that Minato will be a jinhcuriki for the Yin half of the 9-tails chakra. At some point, this will be transferred to Naruto to effectively double his power. I expect Hashirama to help contain the Juubi and Niidaime to help end Madara's Edo Tensei.

If I'm understanding it correctly, Orochimaru sacrificed himself to the Shiki Fuujin and then survived via soul-transfer into one of the subdued Zetsus. So, now Orochimaru has a body that is made of Hashirama cells. If he could only get his hands on a Sasuke somehow, he'd have the potential to create a new Rinnegan.
Old 2013-01-30, 11:15   Link #44
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCman View Post
Is Jiraiya still alive? I don't remember that he's ever revived with Edo Tensei. Anyway, I don't exactly like recycling the idea of of reviving the Hokages again, it's been done more than once, twice already. Though if Sasuke is going to team up with Obito and Madara, then it would be more interesting.
Jiraya can't be brought back (technically) since not even Kabuchimaru was able to attain any DNA from him.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 11:22   Link #45
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Jiraya can't be brought back (technically) since not even Kabuchimaru was able to attain any DNA from him.
hey you never know! this is naruto after all!
Old 2013-01-30, 11:37   Link #46
azenable
President of TecoT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
hey you never know! this is naruto after all!
don't you need the DNA of the dead person to revive him? I can understand the 1 and 2nd, but how did he EDO 3rd and 4th?
azenable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 11:42   Link #47
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
He had their genetic material at hand.
Old 2013-01-30, 11:49   Link #48
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by farhan View Post
1) why did uzumaki shrine abandoned just like that? dont they have any guards? where is anbu?

2) why uchiha shrine still exist? wasnt konoha now is v2.0 so they should also clear uchiha place? and no one is around guarding? and open space in the middle of village?

3) how can zetsu body be edo tensei sacrifice? wasnt zetsu souless? if anything can be medium that means a rabbit or snake or panda is possible?

4) there are two more zetsu. why not revive itachi and danzo? for a debate?
1- it's the uzumaki district whichalready been abandoned just like uchiha district.

2- same as above + even if they try it most higher up will refuse since they don't know all f it secret yet don't to mention about remaining traps

ANBU? most shinobi (including ANBU) fighting on war since what the opint to save any if losing = death? ( eternal sleep)
Reset > protecting 5 countries nobles

3- Zetsu = lame copy of first ( mass copy ) also even plants have soul you know.

4- there is only 1 more not 2 because Orochimaru need one for himself since he sacrifice his older body to free 4 kage and for last one Orochimaru might need to make few test on him.
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 11:54   Link #49
james0246

I hate the Kages revival (it was very predictable, but still, imo, unnecessary). Beyond getting them released from the death god's stomach, anything they say could have just as easily been read in a book, and having them fight anyone would be pandering at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
Is it me or Orochimaru look little different?
Maybe it because he come from Anko CS?
(His soul was revived from Anko cursed seal.)
How was his soul revived? Is it even revived? And if Anko was a horcrux then why did the Orochimaru that emerged from her lack the arms of the later Orochimaru? He did place the seal on her a decade plus ago, so if it is a soul fragment, then how could it still retain the damage that the main Orochimaru had. Or are all the soul fragments somehow connected?

This whole cutting souls, transferring souls, etc is a bunch of nonsense within the series. There seems to be no real rules and even the death god now is nothing more than a play doll you bring out during festivals.

Quote:
1) why did uzumaki shrine abandoned just like that? dont they have any guards? where is anbu?
Why is there even an Uzumaki shrine in Konoha? They had their own village and seemingly only two ever came to the village. Additionally, why wasn't it destroyed with all the other Uzumaki stuff during whichever war their village was destroyed in?
Quote:
2) why uchiha shrine still exist? wasnt konoha now is v2.0 so they should also clear uchiha place? and no one is around guarding? and open space in the middle of village?
The Uchiha residence was outside the main village somewhere (they lived in a "ghetto"). Still, after Sasuke went rogue the land should have been reclaimed by the government and turned into new housing. Maye the rubble was the new housing?

Quote:
3) how can zetsu body be edo tensei sacrifice? wasnt zetsu souless? if anything can be medium that means a rabbit or snake or panda is possible?
Good question. You just need a living sacrifice (and since the idea of a soul is so stretched out by Kishimoto at this point, I guess that doesn't matter too much to the discussion), so anything counted as alive should do. But I'd guess that you need something equivalent or approximate in size and shape to make the sacrifice count.

Quote:
4) there are two more zetsu. why not revive itachi and danzo? for a debate?
Why not revive Izuna, the only person who could conceivably understand what is going through Madara's mind?
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 11:58   Link #50
b1gdawg

For once, my theory turned out to be correct!!

One Problem though, they didn't mention the Kyuubi's Chakra. And they only showed like 5 little spirits coming out of the Reaper Death God. I assume that 4 of those were the Hokages and the other one was Oro's arms? Maybe that fifth one was the Kyuubi since the arms aren't really spiritual.
b1gdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 12:05   Link #51
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Why is there even an Uzumaki shrine in Konoha? They had their own village and seemingly only two ever came to the village. Additionally, why wasn't it destroyed with all the other Uzumaki stuff during whichever war their village was destroyed in?
The Uzumaki and Konoha were friends, it could have been set up long ago. Alternately, Kushina could have set it up after her village was destroyed.

Quote:
The Uchiha residence was outside the main village somewhere (they lived in a "ghetto"). Still, after Sasuke went rogue the land should have been reclaimed by the government and turned into new housing. Maye the rubble was the new housing?
Sasuke wasn't put in the Bingo Book either, for probably the same reason: Tsunade believed Naruto and Sakura could bring him back.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 12:16   Link #52
b1gdawg

Forgot to add something.

I might be getting a little carried away here, but its obvious that Oro is more Advanced using this Jutsu than Kabuto, and he's collected more DNA. I mean he did just resummon 4 of the strongest Ninja ever, but, if he can do this, what's saying he doesn't revive Uchiha Shisui, Jiraiya, Danzo (even though he's probably weak without his sharingans), and also Tsunade since she might be dead by now.

And where are the rest of the Leaf village Elders? The people Sasuke vowed to kill, i assume they're quite powerful since they were in the same group as Sarutobi and Danzo under the 2nd Hokage.
b1gdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 12:27   Link #53
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

I wonder if the 6th zetsu clone will be used to raise from the dead Naruto's mom.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 12:47   Link #54
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

it needs to be next week yesterday...
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 13:16   Link #55
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminion Lancer View Post
I...what the hell am I even reading? You mean to tell me that big, dramatic moment for the Third Hokage in which he sacrificed everything in his battle against Orochimaru has now been undone in 1 chapter?
Uhhh just this part. I feel the need to point out that the buildup to this point was quite a lot longer than just 1 chapter.

I wasn't sure it would happen. I just knew that "if the ones who know everything are the hokages, then there needs to be a way from the death god". Turns out there was, and they were.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 13:19   Link #56
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by azenable View Post
don't you need the DNA of the dead person to revive him? I can understand the 1 and 2nd, but how did he EDO 3rd and 4th?
He had their souls at hand, thus he just needed the sacrifical bodies to seal them into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gdawg View Post
One Problem though, they didn't mention the Kyuubi's Chakra. And they only showed like 5 little spirits coming out of the Reaper Death God. I assume that 4 of those were the Hokages and the other one was Oro's arms? Maybe that fifth one was the Kyuubi since the arms aren't really spiritual.
It was sealed inside the 4th hokage, so not having anything else coming out of the death god should be proof that it's inside Edo-Minato now, so with the kyuubi's chakra he should be even stronger than he was in his prime, it will be a quite cool battle against Naruto.

Quote:
Why not revive Izuna, the only person who could conceivably understand what is going through Madara's mind?
If it's an Uchiha shouldn't it be either Sasuke's father or that Kagami guy who was among the 2nd hokage's team but later disappeared along with the fat guy?
I mean the 4 hokages may know much about the village but they probably don't know what was the Uchiha's secret plan that they believed would help them to take over the village. Also the disappearance of Kagami might be connected to that. Izuna was already dead before the village was started and the Uchiha joined the 1st hokage, so he probably can't answer Sasuke's questions about "what's a village, what's a clan?".

Quote:
It seemed to me that they began rebuilding with the central part, so the outskirts were still under construction, we see on some pages that some buildings on the side of the picture are still under construction. So the shrine itself was just rubble, nothing was built yet there, but the secret room was underground just like Itachi said to Sasuke when he told him where to look for the secret of obtaining the MS eyes.

Quote:
It makes sense if the lands of the Uzumaki clan were claimed by Konoha after their destruction. The two clans were relatives, so the story could be that when Konoha heard about an attack on the Uzumaki clan's land they sent their army to help them but they only found the destroyed clan and some survivors, so they took in the survivors and annexed the land to Konoha. Still it doesn't make much sense that valuable artifacts were left in a ruin. It would make much more sense if they broke into the hokage's office and stole it from some secret and sealed boxes, also a flashback could have been added for that which shows the child Orochimaru and Sarutobi: the child Orochi being invited by the 3rd to visit his office and at some point Orochi finds the mask and plays with it but the the 3rd takes it away telling him that it's very dangerous because ...

Last edited by Ero-Senn1n; 2013-01-30 at 13:48.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 14:19   Link #57
gibits
Endless

Revived the 4 Hokage but not Jiraiya..... Had me a little sad.
This seems like a bad idea for Oro, I mean the 2nd was the one who first made the Edo tensei, if anyone knows how to undone its control it would be him. Then you have the 3rd who was the "professor" of jutsu, and the 4th who was a known innovator of new jutsu. Just this combination makes me think team Taka is playing with fire (hey a pun!).
All 4 of them being stuck in a death god's tummy, you would think they would have talked about how to escape from either the seal or the edo tensei. Considering the 1st and 2nd were just under its effects.

Could we possibly see naruto fight his father? A reenactment of Madara vs the 1st? The 3rd Hokage at his prime!? The possibilities are mindblowing!
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 14:41   Link #58
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

One question: Will Minato remember his talk inside of Naruto? I really don't understand the whole chakra/souls in Narutoverse. Especially after seeing what Oro did in this chapter.
Old 2013-01-30, 14:55   Link #59
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Guys...I added that Jiraya TECHNICALLY couldn't be brought back because I know that this is Naruto and Kishimoto can take something BS like that out at any time.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 15:13   Link #60
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibits View Post
Could we possibly see naruto fight his father? A reenactment of Madara vs the 1st? The 3rd Hokage at his prime!? The possibilities are mindblowing!
I would like to see the 1st face Madara, so that we can see if he really lives up to his hype

I also would like to see Naruto face his father. The boy has some issues with his dad that could be worked out nicely with a few fists to the face. It would also be a measuring stick for Naruto since he's always seen the 4th as the greatest of the Hokage. Add to that that he knows he's the 4th's son, and Naruto may go all out like we've never seen of him before. His dream has always been to surpass all the Hokages, and a fight between father and son would go a long way in proving to Naruto that he's either on the right path, or has a lot of work to still do before he can complete his goal.

I can also see the 2nd turning on Orochimaru, ala Madara breaking the Edo Tensei control, which would turn into another good fight with a full power Orochimaru.

As for the 3rd, he's hardly going to be in his prime. The soul that was in the Shinigami was from the twilight of his life, and even in the manga he appears to be an aged man. He's still an impressive ninja at this stage in his life, fighting and defeating the 1st and 2nd along with nearly crippling Orochimaru. But regardless, I wouldn't count on seeing him in his prime.
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote