AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2011-09-13, 11:07   Link #181
virox

Okay, I have a simple question,
I noticed that in one of the releases I got, the ordered chapter ED is off by one frame, i.e. one frame too late.
I simply want to change that, what do I need to do?
Can I just extract the chapters xml with mkvextract and change the value? Will the fansub be affected?
Old 2011-09-13, 15:44   Link #182
cyberbeing

1) Note down the length of the ED (for example 00:01:30.048 to fix CGi Bake15 ED)
2) Open mkvmerge GUI (mmg.exe)
3) Chapter Editor -> Load (select the main mkv for the episode which gets cut off)
4) Find and select the chapter(s) for the ED and change the 'End:' time to what you notated in step 1
5) Chapter Editor -> Save to Matroska file (selecting the same mkv you loaded the chapters from)
Old 2012-07-17, 06:54   Link #183
kill-o-matic

Recently converted to Linux and I can't get any mkv with ordered chapters to play reliably with the suggested SMplayer + mplayer2 setup. The timeline loads correctly, but when it attempts to switch to the external segments playback will stall in most cases (except when it feels like cooperating, which is rarely). I can still seek into the external segments or play them from the chapters menu, so I don't know what the problem is. Anyone encountered this before?

VLC Player can handle the ordered chapters correctly, but I really rather not use that if I can.

Edit: Found it. Switching the audio output option in SMplayer from "pulse" to "alsa" or "sdl" fixes it (the others give me no sound but still transition correctly). Don't know if this has any downsides yet and I only tested it with AAC (LC) 2 channel audio. VLC however works correctly even with its pulse module selected, so either they use different versions or its a mplayer2 bug.

Edit2: "alsa" seems to cause hanging when quickly pausing/unpausing or flipping frame by frame, so switched to "sdl".

Last edited by kill-o-matic; 2012-07-22 at 19:05.
Old 2013-02-20, 13:07   Link #184
kill-o-matic

Does anyone know of any Linux-compatible mplayer frontends that let you actually select between multiple MKV editions?
Old 2013-02-20, 22:51   Link #185
cyberbeing

SMPlayer2 supports switching MKV editions.
Old 2013-02-21, 18:47   Link #186
kill-o-matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbeing View Post
SMPlayer2 supports switching MKV editions.
Oh, I thought smplayer2 was just the regular smplayer with a mplayer2 backend, when it was a separate fork entirely. Thanks for the suggestion, it works well enough, though it seems to have a few bugs not present in the main version and it doesn't want to recognise the tags that are needed to name the editions something other than 1, 2, 3, etc. Looks like the next major VLC version will also support editions.
Old 2013-07-21, 08:23   Link #187
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Might I ask a slightly off topic question?

I remember quite a few years ago many TV animes were released with ordered chapters, which ofc allowed them to use much less space per episode. I've seen that now, BDrips aside (and that's only Coalgirls), nobody is using them anymore.

Does anyone know why? Considering that often OP/ED take 100MB easily in a 24 minutes episode, why do the fansubbers still put OP and ED in each and every episode?

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

Tags
mkv, ordered chapters, wiki candidate