AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2017-02-06, 19:42   Link #561
FerrusManus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Likely the boat where Izanario Fareed's office is and where Seven Stars meet.

Water means the boat is sinking.

We haven't seen an underwater MS in this series wonder how somebody will recover those Gundams if it does sink.
I am pretty sure they exist, but we just didn't see them until now.
FerrusManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-06, 20:14   Link #562
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Likely the boat where Izanario Fareed's office is and where Seven Stars meet.

Water means the boat is sinking.

We haven't seen an underwater MS in this series wonder how somebody will recover those Gundams if it does sink.
It's not sinking, it just floats on the water. Vingolf isn't a boat persay, it's more of a manmade, movable island. Not only is it an HQ where everyone meets, but it's also where all the Seven Stars live, work, go to school, have parties, ect. It has stores, parks, highways, it's basically a small city that floats.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-06, 22:35   Link #563
NBG

Question

Has Agnika Kaieru been confirmed to have been a Gundam pilot?

I know there was information released a couple weeks ago saying he was the son of the man who created Gundam frames ( i actually might be wrong on this ) but I don't remember if they said he was a pilot
NBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-06, 22:51   Link #564
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgrodriguez View Post
I kinda think that maybe some of the vaults are empty, aside the one from Gaelio. Rustal probably has one, and Bael most likely is also down there. But if Iok's family has a Gundam, I bet he would have already used it to protect the honor of their family, so I'm guessing their family has lost their Gundam Frame (then again, maybe Iok is that stupid not to use a Gundam Frame).
Iok probably doesn't hold much regard to Gundam Frames. His comment about the MA being 300 year old scrap metal indicates he probably sees his Gundam frame as nothing more than a museum piece. His only real encounter with a Gundam frame was when Tekkaden and Arianrhod was fighting the Dawn Horizon Corps and Iok tried to shoot Barbatos which Mika wasn't even trying to dodge after he deduced he would most likely get hit if he actually dodged....
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-06, 22:57   Link #565
FerrusManus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBG View Post
Question

I know there was information released a couple weeks ago saying he was the son of the man who created Gundam frames ( i actually might be wrong on this ) but I don't remember if they said he was a pilot
He is the pilot of the Bael
FerrusManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-06, 22:58   Link #566
Skye629

Despite hating Iok I would love to see the Kujan family gundam, if Iok's Reginlaze is any indication of the colors used by him/his family, a black/gold gundam would be straight up my alley in preferred colors. Sadly though I doubt we are gonna ever see it in the current storyline

As for Rustal, I would hate it if he went out in his Gundam, he doesn't seem to be that type of guy who would risk everything by going out in a MS (nor have they built up or shown any indication of him being a competent pilot, like Char/Scirocco/Haman/Zechs/Trieze etc.etc.). If anything I would see him handing the machine to Julietta near the end if her Julia got busted
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-06, 23:49   Link #567
Irenesharda

Quote:
Question

It hasn't been explicitly said, but considering how Mika's actions in the Barbatos and how he moves is what reminded McGillis of Agnika. I'm pretty confident he was a Gundam pilot.
Also, since he led the other Seven Stars and was the founder of Gjallerhorn, who all got their start fighting in the Calamity War against the MA, I can't see him being able to do that without having fought out there himself. He is said to have been hot-headed, so we can bet he was a fighter. And the only way you can fight effectively against the MA, is with a Gundam.

It's not confirmed that he was the pilot of Bael though. Though, it's very likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post

As for Rustal, I would hate it if he went out in his Gundam, he doesn't seem to be that type of guy who would risk everything by going out in a MS (nor have they built up or shown any indication of him being a competent pilot, like Char/Scirocco/Haman/Zechs/Trieze etc.etc.). If anything I would see him handing the machine to Julietta near the end if her Julia got busted
I actually would like to see him fight. Sure he could stay on his ship, but he's been on his ship all this time, I want to see him doing something different.

I'm also sure that he's going to die, probably in battle. Which I think will throw poor Julietta over the edge into taking that final plunge into becoming one with her machine in order to avenge both Rustal and Galan.

Actually in might just be HER who will be Mika's final opponent. A female Ein 2.0 (Zwei?) on steroids, who is insane with revenge.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-02-07, 01:36   Link #568
Skaddix

Here is the thing. If the vault has multiple gundams doesn't it make more sense for Rustal and Iok to grab their gundams before they bolt to the Moon Base or whatever.

Seems weird to try to secure after you leave when presumably security will be boosted. I assume its more about Gali knowing that McGillis would go for Bael and confronting him there. But runs into Mika.

As for the Seven Stars. Most of those guys are old besides the Fat One. Seems simple enough to phase them out. Marry some of his loyal buddies off to other Seven Star Members.

Nothing about McGillis suggest he wants a Democracy. Maybe Kudelia wants a Democracy. But at this point I don't see McGillis or Orga trusting someone else to call the shots and free and fair elections. Granted free and fair elections are probably more of a negative for McGillis. As long as Orga brings Kudelia into the fold, there is really no one who can win an election against him. And even then its not like Orga doesn't know who she gets most of her funding from. Wouldn't be hard to smear her, especially with Tekkadan out on the front getting Wins. So really she either sits around and does nothing or helps Tekkadan somehow.

McGillis though has to put up with 4 Earth Blocs would probably quite like total independence from Gjhallahorn.

Honestly, depending on how this series ends do you think we could get an Expanse Situation? Mars as free and independent force at logger heads with Earth with a bunch of habitat zones and outer colonies in the middle.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-07, 07:11   Link #569
tdx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
We know Mika wouldn't be able to function if Orga died. I think Orga could technically function if Mika died, but I don't think he would be the leader Tekkadan needs anymore. Yes, he's grown as a leader since first season, and while he's resigned himself for now. If it were to actually happen, I think he would break, especially considering all that he's already lost.
So, if for only the sake of his sanity, I'm hoping Mika holds on.
And outside OVAs and movies, the chances of a Gundam MC surviving in the end is pretty high. Even Kamille came back eventually.
So, while I am prepared if he dies, I also have this feeling that he won't either.

Here's hoping...
We'll see, I guess. From the very beginning I had my fears that, unlike with one obvious main character, two equally important protagonists makes it way too easy to kill off one of them without shattering the plot and going into the completely hopeless ending territory. A convenient compromise, so to speak. Those fears are strong as ever, the only thing that changed is that in season 1 many people (me included) were expecting Orga to bite it, but for this season the death flags are the highest for Mika.

Quote:
I thought red head girl was talking about Ein, not Vidar. Vidar doesn't seem to have any problems himself since Rustal implies that he would be perfectly fine in taking off the mask and Gjallarhorn (who are a fickle bunch) would be fine with him. So, I don't think anything about him would be too "taboo".
His mech though? Possibly...

Another thought though--do you think it's possible that the Gundam Vidar can function without a pilot? I know we've supposed that Ein might be inside Vidar somehow, and with the MAs showing that an AI is possible, could the mech Vidar be able to operate without person Vidar being inside?

Just a thought I had since I think Gaelio would be more interested in talking face to face with McGillis rather than fighting Mika. Ein on the other hand? Well, we all know Mika has been the target of his obsession.
Though if Ein is indeed in mech Vidar, then this end fight would get a heck of a lot more complicated.

And if he is, I'd better not hear one " Crank-nii". Crank is like Nicol, you barely saw them, and yet their name radiates through the series. :P
I don't know, with Ein, it's not like he had a choice, he wasn't even conscious to be able to make any sort of choice, regaining his consciousness only after he had been immured into the machine. To me, it sounded like the mechanic was talking about a voluntary, consciously made choice to give up humanity, and Vidar is probably the only one to whom it's possible to apply.

A conscious Einmech not needing a pilot sounds exciting and suitably creepy, though it definitely also sounds like stepping into the Mobile Armor territory. MA might be much saner though Well, I wouldn't mind in any case. I only hope it has no voice output system so that we don't have to hear any KURANKU-NII! anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrusManus View Post
He is the pilot of the Bael
In the light of the info that Bael and Barbatos are sibling machines that were built similar and near each other, McGillis' reaction of disbelief when Mika swooped in to save him from Mossa back during the Earth branch arc, like he almost couldn't believe his eyes that what he was seeing was indeed Barbatos, finally makes sense to me. Since the two are brother machines that look very similar, Macky really almost thought he was seeing Bael in those moments. So a circumstantial confirmation that Agnika piloted Bael.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
Here is the thing. If the vault has multiple gundams doesn't it make more sense for Rustal and Iok to grab their gundams before they bolt to the Moon Base or whatever.

Seems weird to try to secure after you leave when presumably security will be boosted. I assume its more about Gali knowing that McGillis would go for Bael and confronting him there. But runs into Mika.
Yeah, I also had a similar thought, that it could be that Rustal, knowing that McGillis would want Bael, set up a trap in the vault in the form of Vidar. But Macky isn't stupid enough to not suspect it, so he didn't go himself, instead sending in Mika first to deal with the trap while Macky retrieves Bael.

Quote:
So really she either sits around and does nothing or helps Tekkadan somehow.
She definitely won't sit on her hands, and I'm excited about the fact. Tekkadan is in for a surprise if they really thought telling her to stay put would make her stay put. There's a tiny fear in me though that she somehow might end up going against Tekkadan "for teh drama", but I'm convincing myself it's unfounded and that we don't have nearly enough episodes left for that kind of twists.

Quote:
McGillis though has to put up with 4 Earth Blocs would probably quite like total independence from Gjhallahorn.
As far as I remember, it was said that the blocs are having trouble with public order and that their self-defense forces aren't really making a dent into the security problems. Do they even have the police force? Because judging from Mars, GH is the police (ppl saying 'what Gjallarhorn is doing' during the terrorist attack in episode 26 and the Alluim guy calling GH when you'd expect him to call the police in those circumstances). That means total independence or GH imploding isn't really in the economic blocs' interests, what they would want is basically a reformed GH downgraded to only the police and peace keeper functions, with no influence on the blocs' politics/economics.
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-07, 07:24   Link #570
Irenesharda

Quote:

Nothing about McGillis suggest he wants a Democracy. Maybe Kudelia wants a Democracy. But at this point I don't see McGillis or Orga trusting someone else to call the shots and free and fair elections. Granted free and fair elections are probably more of a negative for McGillis. As long as Orga brings Kudelia into the fold, there is really no one who can win an election against him. And even then its not like Orga doesn't know who she gets most of her funding from. Wouldn't be hard to smear her, especially with Tekkadan out on the front getting Wins. So really she either sits around and does nothing or helps Tekkadan somehow.

Honestly, depending on how this series ends do you think we could get an Expanse Situation? Mars as free and independent force at logger heads with Earth with a bunch of habitat zones and outer colonies in the middle.
I don't think McGillis wants to govern persay. He outed his own "father" for getting to involved in politics of the blocs and used it as a stepping stone to decrease faith in Gjallarhorn and get the blocs to build their own militaries.

He's stated that he wants to get Gjallarhorn back to what it once was, which was at heart, a military peacekeeping group that made sure the blocs didn't devolve back into the same situation that caused the Calamity Wars.
It was over time, where the Seven Stars just kept the leadership in the family over and over and increased their own privileges and power, making themselves into aristocrats, that everything fell to corruption. He wants to get rid of that and get Gjallarhorn back on track to what it was supposed to be doing: keeping order, but doing it equally and not just where and how it serves the Seven best.

So, when you say not a democracy, in the new Gjallarhorn, maybe, maybe not. But then again democracy is usually not a factor in a military organization anyway. As for Earth governments, I think he will leave that to each blocs governments to govern themselves.

In fact, he would basically turn all of Earth Gjallarhorn into what the Outer Earth Orbital Fleet already is. A group that watches over things, acts as law enforcement, but only steps into political affairs such as possible wars if the country requests it, or if things get too out of hand.

Some people suggest getting rid of Gjallarhorn completely, but that would be like saying get rid of all police. You went from one extreme to the other. Gjallarhorn has to exist as a deterrent. However, it's gotten to the point where some of the leadership use it for their own gain or amusement (Iok) or those who believe in order so much, they will make sure the status quo stays the status quo, no matter what dirty things they have to do (Rustal).
It's that part of Gjallarhorn that needs to stop. Not the whole thing.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-02-07, 07:40   Link #571
NBG

Saw these episode titles on twitter. Wonder if they are legit.

43「たどりついた真意」
44「魂を手にした男」
45「これが最後なら」
46「誰が為」
Old 2017-02-07, 08:47   Link #572
tdx

43 Revealed intensions
44 The man who obtained a soul
45 If this is the end (or the last time/the last of it)
46 For whom
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-07, 09:01   Link #573
Irenesharda

Quote:

43「たどりついた真意」
44「魂を手にした男」
45「これが最後なら」
46「誰が為」
It's possible. At least worth the speculation. The tweet comes from the administrator (yarare_kanrinin) of a popular Japanese blog site that writes about anime and otaku news. The thing that I find interesting in that in her original tweet, she also lists the names of writers for each episode, which is rather unusual from any of the other info I've found before, which does add to the possible legitimacy.

According to her, episode 43 will be written by Kamoshida (probably Hajime Kamoshida, who has done 7 episodes thus far) 44 will be written by Mari Okada, 45 by Kuroda (I'm assuming Yousuke Kuroda who hasn't written for this series yet, but wrote for Build Fighters and 00), and 46 is TBD.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-02-07, 15:57   Link #574
NBG

Quote:
It's possible. At least worth the speculation. The tweet comes from the administrator (yarare_kanrinin) of a popular Japanese blog site that writes about anime and otaku news. The thing that I find interesting in that in her original tweet, she also lists the names of writers for each episode, which is rather unusual from any of the other info I've found before, which does add to the possible legitimacy.

According to her, episode 43 will be written by Kamoshida (probably Hajime Kamoshida, who has done 7 episodes thus far) 44 will be written by Mari Okada, 45 by Kuroda (I'm assuming Yousuke Kuroda who hasn't written for this series yet, but wrote for Build Fighters and 00), and 46 is TBD.
Oh nice thanks for the extra info. The tweet I saw only had the episode titles.
The titles sure seem ominous
Old 2017-02-10, 10:22   Link #575
Irenesharda

Hmm, well we now know for sure that McGillis knows exactly how Orga and Tekkadan used to feel. I can see why he feels such a connection with them. And my suspicions that perhaps he might have AV already are becoming stronger.
Spoiler for next episode pv image:

Also, with how they are continuously pushing and hyping what's behind Vidar's mask, I sure as heck hope it's something interesting and worthwhile, because they've got to know that we've been calling him "Gaelio" for a while now, and for it just to be Gaelio's face would be a major letdown.

You know, it's probably a good thing that Vidar hasn't met Mika again until now, he'll probably call him out as fast as he did when Macky was in the mask. Nothing get's past Mika's eyes, even when one is blind.
Spoiler for Next time on IBO!:

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-02-10, 19:49   Link #576
Batknight

Quote:
Hmm, well we now know for sure that McGillis knows exactly how Orga and Tekkadan used to feel. I can see why he feels such a connection with them. And my suspicions that perhaps he might have AV already are becoming stronger.
Spoiler for next episode pv image:

Also, with how they are continuously pushing and hyping what's behind Vidar's mask, I sure as heck hope it's something interesting and worthwhile, because they've got to know that we've been calling him "Gaelio" for a while now, and for it just to be Gaelio's face would be a major letdown.

You know, it's probably a good thing that Vidar hasn't met Mika again until now, he'll probably call him out as fast as he did when Macky was in the mask. Nothing get's past Mika's eyes, even when one is blind.
Spoiler for Next time on IBO!:
Mika will very easily recognize Gaelio after fighting him for a bit. He was able to discern Mcgillis was piloting the Grimgerde just by watching him, and since Gaelio has such as distinctive fighting style it should be pretty for Mika to remember what that looked liked from his last battle with him. I'm personally hoping for Gaelio is some kind of cyborg, especially with the way his mask lights up (there has to be some reason for that). It would make for a good pay off and explain how he survived his fight with Mcgillis.
Batknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-10, 20:13   Link #577
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdx View Post
In the light of the info that Bael and Barbatos are sibling machines that were built similar and near each other, McGillis' reaction of disbelief when Mika swooped in to save him from Mossa back during the Earth branch arc, like he almost couldn't believe his eyes that what he was seeing was indeed Barbatos, finally makes sense to me. Since the two are brother machines that look very similar, Macky really almost thought he was seeing Bael in those moments. So a circumstantial confirmation that Agnika piloted Bael.
Wouldn't he have recognized Barbatos instantly during his Mars encounter then? Especially since it was pretty close to its original form then. Unless he learned of the Barbatos/Bael connection later during the time skip at some point

Quote:
Correct me if Im wrong, but in the PV for the upcoming episode at the end of the last one, didnt we see McGillis talking to someone with suspiciously familiar purple hair? (only saw from the back)
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-11, 00:51   Link #578
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post

Correct me if Im wrong, but in the PV for the upcoming episode at the end of the last one, didnt we see McGillis talking to someone with suspiciously familiar purple hair? (only saw from the back)
That was Daddy Bauduin from the Seven Stars meeting. Since we've seen very little of him, I don't really know what kind of guy he is. However, he's not very high in esteem in my book in the fact that he would marry off his nine-year old daughter simply for prestige and family power.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-02-11, 01:39   Link #579
Skaddix

Well Gjhallahorn Does Mimic Classic Nobility.

What amazes me most is Gjhallahorn not ensuring successors for all Family Lines.

They have advanced medicine but even if they didn't even we can freeze some eggs and sperm these days. Which is what they should be doing for all the heirs and heads who haven't done their due diligence.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-12, 13:37   Link #580
Irenesharda

Quote:

43「たどりついた真意」
44「魂を手にした男」
45「これが最後なら」
46「誰が為」
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdx View Post
43 Revealed intensions
44 The man who obtained a soul
45 If this is the end (or the last time/the last of it)
46 For whom
I'm glad these checked out. Now I can attempt to speculate in earnest!

I just realized something. I think this is beginning to go a little faster than I thought. With Macky and Bael being put in the forefront now, if McGillis turns full villain, it would be during this arc. And yet we have seven more episodes left. And I refuse to believe that we aren't going to get some kind of karmic catharsis is regards to Idiok. I must see that man die!
Sure he's been put in the time out corner and is writing lines on how idiotic he's been, but I don't think he'll stay there for long.
I think there's more that's going to happen here

For episode 44, I think the Man Who Obtained a Soul, may be both Gaelio and Macky. Gaelio, in that he once thought himself dead and now that he's alive, he's beginning to regain his soul. And Macky, in that we'll get more into his relationship with Almiria and that he once thought his soul destroyed because of his past, and he gained it back again through her. Just some thoughts.

Episode 45 is going to be a fighting episode with Vidar vs Barbatos and Bael I think.

Episode 46 is going to be the consequences of said fight. I think we're going to lose an actual member of the Tekkadan upper echelon, and I think Almiria will die too as some kind of collateral damage. It will be a a "for whom?" moment for everyone.
As to what will be beyond that I'm not sure.

And here's a thought. We've been thinking about what if Mika becomes Barbatos like perhaps Agnika is Bael and Ein is Vidar. Orga being the new pilot of the Mika/Barbatos?
Just an idea.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu