AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2006-11-04, 18:43   Link #1
Candy72

Norton

A virus scanner that is apparently made to act like a virus. So I'm putting on my motherboard uilities and just clicked add all. Well, one of those things was a virus scanner. And it turned out to be Norton. Upon seeing this I go to get Norton off my system through add and remove. Didn't work. Went into spybot to use it's add and remove feature. The thing is still there...

It's something really considered a anti virus software when it tries to jump onto your computer every chance it gets? And when you try to get rid it it just stays there and laughs at you? I'd almost say it's worse than AOL.

Anyway, any programs to get rid of things like that?
Candy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 18:49   Link #2
Nidas

Try:

http://www.askdavetaylor.com/how_can...my_system.html
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...05033108162039
Nidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 18:50   Link #3
bayoab

Norton requires that the program is fully intact to remove itself. Search symantec's help site for the norton removal tool (you need to know exactly which version) and use that.

(Note: It is nowhere as bad as you make it out to be. The spybot removal thing is basically beta.)
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 21:02   Link #4
Candy72

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
Norton requires that the program is fully intact to remove itself. Search symantec's help site for the norton removal tool (you need to know exactly which version) and use that.

(Note: It is nowhere as bad as you make it out to be. The spybot removal thing is basically beta.)
Years back I use to have Norton.. omg the horrors. Now some of my friends had it. Shockingly it seems to have gotten even worse than what it was before. Who knows, maybe it works for some people.

Thank you for the help though. Going on there site now.
Candy72 is offline   Reply With Quote