2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 2.37%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-04-22, 21:57   Link #121
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
Spoiler for super minor hints:
Reminds me of G Gundam (second best gundam series yet). Well, I'll look forward to see those three things explained further in the anime.
Quote:
Do your own maths from there.
I'm not so good at math anymore.

About Shirou's chant, it's nice once in a while when someone explains what they're thinking of the situation as they use their special powers.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 22:41   Link #122
Forever
Revealing the truth

Aww I was expecting the fight to be something more..... I know shirou is going to own, but one poke die 7 times already, that's so cheeesy...

Luckily the rest of the ep saved it. Gave it a 7 based on the rest.
Old 2006-04-22, 22:43   Link #123
evil-samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
Am I the only one who's getting mildly annoyed because Saber suddenly displays way too many feelings?
No, not only you Npal ^^ in some cases in other anime I like it, but here with Saber I've felt that in a way it destroys her Knight image a bit Sure they can show Saber going all red but!, I dont really enjoy they way they are doing in right now, the scenes sometimes just feel like fanservice + showing Saber Blush.

Though I really wasn't expecting that much in the unquie/different character development in the way the character directly develops ( e.g Shirou growing stronger; who would of though that.. ). With the boy meets girl type story, but I was hoping that it would of been a little better in the way they do it ^^; Not to say its Bad, because I like Fate/stay night ^^ but alot of the Character development isn't something I'm really going to remember the anime for.

I really hope that they dont just dump Sakura character around for just to move the story would be nice if she has more of part to play in it, mabye not just one incident then thats.. all.. they are leaving hints and crap around but so far nothing really has come from it, looking forward to see how it pans out even if in ends up being simple I wont really mind as long as its interesting!
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 23:04   Link #124
MarcusG
Remember Law of Ueki

From reviewing this episode I'am starting to think that Saber is insecure about her sexuality.
MarcusG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 23:13   Link #125
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
You can just see Archer in the beyond. "That's it!? One bloody poke and he's dead?" They really made all that fighting Archer did seem pretty useless.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 23:20   Link #126
velocity7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight
You can just see Archer in the beyond. "That's it!? One bloody poke and he's dead?" They really made all that fighting Archer did seem pretty useless.
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSlicerZ
Wow after seeing ep 16, I wonder... Shirou's imaging speech for the second time was rather like a precursor to UBW's chant.
Spoiler:

By the way, Akio Ohtsuka = Berserker ftw.
Old 2006-04-22, 23:49   Link #127
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
Gets fixed i bit? I believe its something called 'Character Development', and as you can see.. it works towards the big picture that is the main story.
Character development takes time. You don't just go gaga over someone in 2 episodes. At least not when you're Saber/King Arturia. A real writer would have made the transition alot smoother, and oh I don't know. More believable?
Old 2006-04-22, 23:52   Link #128
kamikazex

good epsode overall

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2
Does anybody else find the way Shirou and Saber takes out Berserker chessy ?

It's not something I've imagined it will be like from the game, the animated version looks more like a scene from Casshern. I had expected it to be more epic than just a single stab......

Anyway, it was nice of them to add that Saber Ataraxia ofuro scene.
ya it was cool and all but one stab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammaoh
Well, like she said, Shirou and her are the same. So she understands him quite well.

Saber's life is full of remorse as you can guess since she wants to "start everything over again". So, she is afraid that Shirou, by becoming a heroe to fulfill his wishes -being the protector of justice- ends up as she does. And, the fact is that we already know he ends up like she does, since he became Archer.

Beside, Saber and Shirou have a strong spiritual connection. She is now able to see Shirou's past just like Shirou can see hers. Maybe because she's starting to love him, she doesn't want him to experience the grief she had. She doesn't want him to be full of regrets and remorses like she seems to be. You noticed it yourself, she speaks in a sad tone, but this may be because she feels like her body does not fit to "seduce" Shirou as well.

...dood the part that scared me the most was when saber said
"my body is not like rin's..not a girls"
<< me..i was thinking she better not be a DAMN DOOD
then she said "i do not wish for you to see my body"
<< frikking scared me even more since i was thinking MAYBE SABERS A FRIKKING DUDE
then she said "a muscular body is unattractive to men right?"
<< wow RELIEF

on a side note damn that loli girl shes screwing things up for saber!!! and rin!!!!

oh ya i also liked how in the beginnign they used " エミヤ "when he was tracing his mana and stuff
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 23:53   Link #129
SweetSpring
Garden of Tsubaki
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to SweetSpring
episode 16 i think ilya is talented in ballet.....
SweetSpring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 23:54   Link #130
Takemi_Ikazuchi

that Caliburn attack is super powerful because Shirou has something that Archer does not.

let's just say the gold colored magic circuit is not just for show
Takemi_Ikazuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 23:57   Link #131
riznar
Save the Lesbians!

Or it simply could have been that Saber's emotions were pent up all this time and now the transfer has caused them to come crashing down.

Then there is the sex analogy, many people can't seperate their emotions from sex. While it is easy to argue that they didn't have sex, the transfer was shown to be an intimate experience that gave them a supernatural bond.

From what we've been shown, every Servant/Master pair except Rider/Shinji has had some sort of emotional bond.
riznar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 00:11   Link #132
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

A 7 .. while there is a lot of fanservice action even if its just Saber .. the drawing put me off a bit.

And after that epic fight with Archer, that stab is just

On the remaining episodes ... I couldnt resist imagining Saber's (and Sakura) reaction on each other ... Definitely something I LOL. And deep down, Saber must be very thankful that Rider is no longer around... with the body complex against Rin, she have a hell lot of complex if she start compairing with that goddess
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 00:27   Link #133
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
Seven out of ten. Berserker's speech was the highlight of this episode, nice to hear the guy do something other than roar in a gutteral fashion. Some fanservice (which got a bit too over the top), and some nice imaging going on.

Detractors for me were Saber (almost the entire episode, actually), and Rin's little spiel about the Excalibur's sheath. Rin talking (though I do love to see her have her go at exposition) was too... contrived? Perhaps it was just the translation I was watching, but it seemed like she was saying, effectively "Hey, by the way, here's an explanation of a plot point! Wasn't that cool!"

Believability, Studio Deen. Believability.

And that brings me to the first (though treated second) problem I had with this episode, and that is Saber. It is quite enjoyable to watch her changing into a human being with feelings and emotions. Very nice and all that. But happening over the course of twenty four hours? She has been showing some minor (very minor) feelings since the incident in the park (which was in itself highly contrived, I can't be bothered finding where I wrote that right now), but since the transfer of Shirou's magic circuit, she has become... girlish. Which happened, Fate time, the night before last. And it probably happened in early morning, etc, so in total, it's been only a day or two since she decided that she would develop feelings at all.

Saber's character before that in the series has been very resolute and very unemotional - or perhaps more detached than unemotional. It's all well and good to say that there is now an emotional bond between them that is strengthened (which Saber does say when she mentions spiritual links), but it should not happen this fast.

The amusing thing for me here is that in terms of anything actually going anywhere - almost the entire thing is rather one sided. Saber is the one who is getting 'emotionally attached,' far more so than Shirou. He is still acting in friend-mode, where he has been the entire show, though there have been murky and oblique references either way. But regardless of the relationships unfolding in the show (which I will be elaborating on again in the near future, as I did eight or so episodes ago) the evolution of Saber as an emotional 'female' character is too fast.

Reminds me of some rather silly arguments I've had over evolutionary biology with various devout religious people, who seem to think that evolution is claimed to be an 'instantaneous' process. It definitely isn't - and neither is the development of emotions in a real sense. And it shouldn't be shown as such.

Oh, one final thing:

Spoiler for Rider:

-Andiyar

[edited for corrections and tone]

Last edited by andiyar; 2006-04-23 at 03:20.
andiyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 00:41   Link #134
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andiyar
Detractors for me were Saber (almost the entire episode, actually), and Rin's little spiel about the Excalibur's sheath. Rin talking (though I do love to see her have her go at exposition) was too... contrived? Perhaps it was just the translation I was watching, but it seemed like she was saying, effectively "Hey, by the way, here's an explanation of a plot point! Wasn't that cool!"
Rin's little conversation about Excalibur's sheath isn't as much of an explanation as it is a hint to both Saber's past and Shirou's ability and history.
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 01:04   Link #135
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

@ archer

I'm not complaining at what it is, I'm complaining about how it was done. Perhaps a better word would have been 'exposition' instead of 'explanation' - though she is indeed explaining about Excalibur and its sheath. I'm quite aware of what is coming up in regards to Saber and Shirou - I'm just somewhat disappointed in the way that the writers are choosing to bring some of the material across

-Andiyar
Old 2006-04-23, 01:34   Link #136
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity7
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

By the way, Akio Ohtsuka = Berserker ftw.
[spiler]And even if Archer managed to trace it, there's no saber to use it with him:P[/spoiler]
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 01:44   Link #137
Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Darkside
caster said that just lancer and saber are left but...
Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-23, 02:03   Link #138
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside
caster said that just lancer and saber are left but...
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

-Andiyar
Old 2006-04-23, 02:08   Link #139
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by andiyar
Spoiler:

-Andiyar
I think what the poster meant, was that Caster doesn't know everything that is going on. She can see what others cannot, but that doesn't mean she knows everything. If she doesn't know about our golden clad friend, there's other things she won't know about. Come on Andiyar. The rest of your post was brilliant up until that part.

I still give you a rep point if Suki lets me, just for saying what I have been saying about Saber's little change in emotions.
Old 2006-04-23, 02:18   Link #140
nasheq

this episode sucked. heck every ep sucked except the archer one.

the problem was lack of funding. - and also lack of fappable rori material.

i'm sure the studio could have done a good battle scene but i think they ran out of money. the gay one hit kill was worse than anything in GGXX. i mean come on ... there wasn't even a SET UP.

IMO they should have had saber and shirou kill berserker 7 times over. together. e.g. Shirou images a couple swords - throws one to saber - and they both attack. that would have actually made some sense.

the second problem with the episode was the screen time ilya got. she needed more.
the thing i didn't believe was shirou not realizing that ilya was sleeping with him. i mean how can you NOT KNOW a loli is right on top of you? wtf.

anyways props to shirou for added any bitch to his harem
nasheq is offline   Reply With Quote