Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-07-01, 08:48   Link #761
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
But then, given how strong the foes are in this arc, it would be hard for future opponents to be hyped up or feared. At this stage, they are already almost on par/ on the same level with the strongest nen users.
Really? I would consider Gensrul and Friends a significant step down from the opponents compared to the Genei Ryodan, and that didn't reduce the threat and hype of the villain.

Besides, fights in HxH always held a significant rule to the attachment of the other pertaining factors in the story. The battles fought in HxH are never about just 'beating the opponent in battle' or 'being stronger than him.'

For Gensrul, it was about outplaying him in both the game and the shonen battlefield, attached with conditions of the fact that Gon was never going to be stronger than Gensrul. The best part of it was that the audience were already given significant clues to how it was possible for Gon to achieve it through throughout planning of the rules pertaining to GI.

It was the same with Genei Ryodan. It was never a situation where Kurapika wanted to directly engage any of them head-on unless conditions were favourable to him. The dealings with Hisoka, his betrayal and the mind-games were far more enticing than the actual battles themselves. Genei Ryodan had massive hype as villains in their power and ability, but the fact was that they were barely able to exert any of that when faced with Kurapika, and relied more on basic wit and internal discussion of issues.

As for the Chimera Ant arc... I would say that 2/3rd of the battle are actually fought by the internal villains themselves. The awakening of some of the ant's humanity, the King's paradoxical growth as a being, the conflict between the Generals among other things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
For Leorio, don't be surprised when he comes back as strong or stronger than Killua and Gon. He will be learning nen and doing so will give him a quick power up. Add that to whatever medical related skill he will use it with and you got a real viable power level. Besides, if I recall, his real power level was never quite shown and yes he was my favourite after Hisoka
Leorio only knew 'Ten' even back during the York Shin arc while everyone else has mastered the basics. Plus Leorio is obviously focusing his effort on his medical studies above all else.

There's no way he could be stronger than Gon or Killua who were trained by one of the most experienced/strongest nen masters ( Biscuit ), succeeded in an environment that taxed most nen users ( Greed Island ), and is part of a force that is literally facing the strongest Nen monsters in existence.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 01:26   Link #762
marvelB

Heads up, guys: In addition to the recent anime announcement, it looks like the HxH manga will finally continue serialization next week! Definitely some great news, there!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 02:52   Link #763
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Heads up, guys: In addition to the recent anime announcement, it looks like the HxH manga will finally continue serialization next week! Definitely some great news, there!
And it's about time too I'll certainly be reading through the series again as well. I hope this was the last hiatus Togashi will take before finishing the series.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 06:45   Link #764
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

hope that the manga will get completed or at least not leave us at a cliff hanger this time.

I love the manga and I know the mangaka is very sick, but the breaks are spoiling it
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 14:52   Link #765
amasposu

Unfortunately, I'm not looking forward to Hunter x Hunter's manga until the King is out of the picture. To me, the King is simply one of the most overpowered and boring character ever created. If Netero can barely scratch him, then I honestly don't know who is currently available that can defeat the King. Maybe a character we haven't seen before will show up. Only time will tell.

Spoiler for :
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 15:30   Link #766
marvelB

^As we discussed above, it obviously won't be "strength" that decides a victory over Meruem. The fact that he began to respect humanity after his time spent with Komugi (and during his fight with Netero) was already solid proof that he was showing "weakness" (why else do you think Pufu is so desperate to exterminate Komugi as well as anything linked to her, especially after the king got his partial amnesia?). Whether his "defeat" will involve him destroying himself or relocating himself to another planet or something like that is unclear now, but what IS clear that he won't be defeated by any conventional means......
Old 2011-08-03, 07:01   Link #767
marvelB

Bump!

And so as promised, the series is officially back on track! However, there's only some raw scans out right now (and no translation yet as far as I know), but from what I can see:

Spoiler:

But sadly, WJ is going on a break next week so we'll have to wait another fortnight for the next chap (but hey, at least it's not a year, right? ).
Old 2011-08-03, 09:58   Link #768
tomtkp

Although I do not yet read chapter 311,already there are some who have read it and are currently discussing about the main point of the chapter.

Warning:Do not open the spoiler tag unless you have read chapter 311 or else open it at your own risk.

Spoiler for the main point of Chapter 311:
tomtkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 10:52   Link #769
marvelB

^Yeah, I discovered a summary shortly after my last post, as well:

Spoiler for chapter 311:
Old 2011-08-03, 12:25   Link #770
amasposu

Spoiler for 311:
Old 2011-08-03, 12:56   Link #771
tomtkp

Just now I have already read Chapter 311.An interesting thing is that when I return to Chapter 310 after reading Chapter 311 just to remind myself of the story of previous chapter,I found that Chapter 310 had one early indication of what is happening in Chapter 311.

Spoiler for Chapter 310 & 311:
tomtkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 12:59   Link #772
Arkeus

We also the King's nose bleeding in either 309 or 310.
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 13:19   Link #773
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by posutan View Post
Spoiler for 311:
Spoiler for 311:
Old 2011-08-03, 13:35   Link #774
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler for 311:
Fixed.

But yeah, it's now pretty clear that the arc's reached its climax. Now we just gotta cross our fingers in the hope that Meruem will finally be toppled before Togashi's next vacation "sabbatical".....
Old 2011-08-03, 13:38   Link #775
james0246

I like the twist (anything to end the arc is welcome to me), but I hated the 4-5 pages of annoying shots of human atrocities. Get off your soapbox Togashi.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 13:42   Link #776
amasposu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler for 311:
Oh no. I definitely agree with you. I want this arc to end as soon as possible. An anticlimatic end is a small price to pay for the arc to end. >:
Old 2011-08-03, 13:42   Link #777
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I like the twist (anything to end the arc is welcome to me), but I hated the 4-5 pages of annoying shots of human atrocities. Get off your soapbox Togashi.

Hey, I'll gladly take random panels of humanity's suffering over walls of text containing confusing metaphors any day of the week.
Old 2011-08-03, 13:56   Link #778
Arkeus

Quote:
Hey, I'll gladly take random panels of humanity's suffering over walls of text containing confusing metaphors any day of the week.
Well, this was kind of a metaphor- showing both the wealthy and the less wealthy dying from a Rose.

Kinda the whole "it doesn't matter how powerful or how weak you are when you encounter really vile human weapons".
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-04, 16:58   Link #779
marvelB

^How is this development implausible? As was already noted by others, the poison was even hinted at during the chapters prior to the last hiatus. That, and it kinda proves that humanity IS capable of wiping out such a powerful species, even if it's not through the most honest method (recall that Netero even told Meruem to not underestimate humans during their fight)......

If anything, Gon's recent power-up was more of an asspull (although that was kind of hinted at, as well). But at least it'll be interesting to see what consequences come about from such a massive power boost.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkeus View Post
Well, this was kind of a metaphor- showing both the wealthy and the less wealthy dying from a Rose.

Kinda the whole "it doesn't matter how powerful or how weak you are when you encounter really vile human weapons".

I know that was a metaphor as well, but at least those pages were entirely visual. I was more or less talking about abstract crap like THIS.

And also, while I actually don't have any particularly big issues with the aforementioned walls of text and inner monologues (one of my all-time favorite mangas Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, which is pretty wordy as well), I do kinda wish that Togashi would lighten up on that just a wee bit with the amount of text per chapter (after all, a comic is a primarily visual medium, after all)......
Old 2011-08-06, 12:38   Link #780
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
^How is this development implausible? As was already noted by others, the poison was even hinted at during the chapters prior to the last hiatus. That, and it kinda proves that humanity IS capable of wiping out such a powerful species, even if it's not through the most honest method (recall that Netero even told Meruem to not underestimate humans during their fight)......
Well, there is the question of how the "poison" (which from the description is more of virus or bacteria) survived the explosion (which we don't really know how it was made possible in the first place). Other questions: how do they plan on controlling the spread of the weapon, and how were they able to adapt it to the ants' physiology.

(Of course, in a series full of superpowers, none of that is really a big deal.)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
overpowered villain