AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Old 2007-04-10, 11:11   Link #361
Child_of_Sierra

eh? but the yoma only found out about Clare's interest in Raki the day before. It would not have needed a claymore outfit to fool someone till Raki so any Claymore it might have gotten it from was killed only within the day?

I find that hard to believe even when Clare claimed that it was possible for her to die at the hands of the yoma. I mean wasn't she sent alone to deal with it? Based on the OP there seems to be more claymores so sending just one indicates that they were confident she could win. (otherwise send two or more right?)

off topic: must suck to be a moderator for a show you like cause you have to read any posts reported to contain spoilers.
Child_of_Sierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 11:27   Link #362
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Ouch, I didn't really mean to purposely quote the other user's message (I just have the habit to quote the message I am replying to). I apologize to everybody for having unadvertedly and naively contributed to that spoiler.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 14:34   Link #363
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child_of_Sierra View Post
eh? but the yoma only found out about Clare's interest in Raki the day before. It would not have needed a claymore outfit to fool someone till Raki so any Claymore it might have gotten it from was killed only within the day?
That makes sense, unless the yoma killed the claymore sometime ago and kep the outfit. (That's what I've always assumed.) Or maybe the yoma can make such things out of his body. Episode one hasn't taught us about the limits of their impersonation power.

Quote:
I find that hard to believe even when Clare claimed that it was possible for her to die at the hands of the yoma. I mean wasn't she sent alone to deal with it? Based on the OP there seems to be more claymores so sending just one indicates that they were confident she could win. (otherwise send two or more right?)
It is possible that accidents happen that can get Claymores killed such as ambushes. It is also possible that the strength of Claymores and Yoma vary. We also have a lot more to learn about the organization she works for. Maybe it is just their way to always send a single Claymore to find out if the Yoma is strong enough to warrant sending a group. You're just making assumptions based on the fact that OP shows other Claymores. You don't yet know if they are coworkers, friends, teachers, rivals or enemies.

Quote:
off topic: must suck to be a moderator for a show you like cause you have to read any posts reported to contain spoilers.
It does, but this one wasn't even reported... I just blundered right into that... I feel sorry for anyone who got there before I did since that tidbit forced me re-evaluate a number of things I thought I knew about the story. I'm going to insist that any discussion related too much to manga not happen in this thread. I will be brutal.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 18:02   Link #364
hi no ken Jebus

Spoiler for ep2:
hi no ken Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 18:12   Link #365
Mentar
Banned

I was quite happy with ep2. We'll have more than enough action in the near future. What this episode had to establish was the bitter-hopeless background of the Claymores themselves, and I think it did that pretty nicely. Better than in the manga, in fact.

Well then... on to the Holy City arc.

Edit: One more thing. I'm getting the hang of the soundtrack. The one very "alien"-sounding piece does exactly that: It points out how "alien" Claymores actually are, spreading a feeling of unease. And the instrumental parts during the flashbacks were pretty atmospheric. While I was a bit doubtful in ep1, I'm feeling quite comfortable with it in ep2.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 19:31   Link #366
Crystal_Method
I want dreads...
*Artist

Anyone want to explain why Rubel kept calling claymores claymores even though he's part of the organization? I don't why, but it kind of annoys considering claymores don't like being called claymores.

Also I was wondering, even though claymores are only half youma, do they ever get any kind of urges to eat humans? After seeing the change from human to youma in Clare she seemed like she was going to eat a human.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-10, 19:42   Link #367
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal_Method View Post
Anyone want to explain why Rubel kept calling claymores claymores even though he's part of the organization? I don't why, but it kind of annoys considering claymores don't like being called claymores.

Also I was wondering, even though claymores are only half youma, do they ever get any kind of urges to eat humans? After seeing the change from human to youma in Clare she seemed like she was going to eat a human.

Spoiler:

To avoid spoiling anyone i will answer you in the manga thread.
Old 2007-04-10, 20:34   Link #368
dutchman
Follower of Claymorerism

I just finished watching ep2 and I agree with Mentar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I was quite happy with ep2. We'll have more than enough action in the near future. What this episode had to establish was the bitter-hopeless background of the Claymores themselves, and I think it did that pretty nicely. Better than in the manga, in fact.
This shows that Madhouse while remaining faithfull to the manga also expand on the manga to bring more depth to the anime version.

The manga also mentioned she and the other claymore (Elena?) where dear friends but I liked the way the anime depicted it better. And the music which accompanied their final scene also fitted the mood very well.

I can't hardly wait for the next Arc. Ah well just a week patience
dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 20:51   Link #369
Gaia
ROW! ROW! FIGHT DA POWAH!
*Graphic Designer

The first episode was excellent, in my opinion. Claymore is exactly, what I was looking for. A medieval orientated fantasy anime, like Record of Lodoss War or Bastard. I already thought about a possible disappearance of this genre, a few days before I've watched Claymore... Very promisingly series.

Aesir
Gaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 20:57   Link #370
wrex_japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchman View Post
I just finished watching ep2 and I agree with Mentar

This shows that Madhouse while remaining faithfull to the manga also expand on the manga to bring more depth to the anime version.

The manga also mentioned she and the other claymore (Elena?) where dear friends but I liked the way the anime depicted it better. And the music which accompanied their final scene also fitted the mood very well.

I can't hardly wait for the next Arc. Ah well just a week patience
Hmm... I thought the anime was stretching things out a bit... Episode 2 summary and pics. But yeah, it was a good episode as it explained a bit more about Claymores and the inherent tragedy facing them.

I'm looking forward to the next arc too.
wrex_japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 06:34   Link #371
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child_of_Sierra View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
That makes sense, unless the yoma killed the claymore sometime ago and kep the outfit. (That's what I've always assumed.) Or maybe the yoma can make such things out of his body. Episode one hasn't taught us about the limits of their impersonation power.
Yep, if it had shown the intelligence it did with this situation, I think it likely that it must have foresaw a chance where it could use the outfit. Thus, it kept it safely in its stash, wherever that may be. Any smart Yoma should know that sooner or later a Claymore would come for it. In that case, having a Claymore's outfit around might be very very useful. Anything to increase its advantage.

Eclipse has subbed episode 2.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 07:02   Link #372
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

The first episode was so awesome ...
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 08:28   Link #373
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

k..so i watched the episode 2. I liked the extrqa touches of the past added in the series compared to manga. The episode was well made and showed the sadness of Claymore's life well. Its a life with lots of pain and suffering.

this episode infact shows that Clare has very much human emotions inside her. In contrast to episode 1, we get to see a different side of Clare. And lastly..kudos to the seiyuu of Clare..u r doing an awesome job
toxic_trance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 08:48   Link #374
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I wasn't expecting something so emotional from the second episode --- though then again its good that they show more about the Claymore this early in the series. That makes me very interested in the future of this series. Oh, and guy in black coat is GAR. :3

Wow, i can't believe the same artist behind the music for Suzuka (one of my fav' musical scores), is doing the music for Claymore.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2007-04-11 at 09:02.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 10:26   Link #375
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Not a bad episode - we get to learn more about claymores and their lives, and how they come to an end... now i am pretty certain this show will have a sad ending. Overall i definitely like it, and will be sticking with it.
Old 2007-04-11, 11:45   Link #376
dutchman
Follower of Claymorerism

Although I liked how the anime progressed in this episode. The ony thing I find a bit of a pity is the fact that the anime downplayed the fight Clare had at the start of ep2.

In the manga she was actually fighting 5 Yomas at once and even Ruben commented on it.

Also the scene where She is powering up before tossing her claymore after the escaping flying one was bit tame in comparison with the manga. But those are only minor nitpickings the rest was a big plus.

I guess in the end there is only so much one can cram into a 22 minutes timeslot.
dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 12:15   Link #377
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

As seeing Episode 2, finally, my theory proved to be correct. Nothing more to add.

Quick review:

They continue to possess, the same quality of animation as seen before and the way it was made was good, so far.
Everything seems to be in order, especially with "certain addings" which were very well done, I might add.
The character voices were perfect, just the way I imagined and the ambient seems natural for mediavel ages. The whole dialogue is perfectly foreign oriented in comparison with the Japanese style we watch in anime nowadays.

Another good thing is how they are quickning things up in the plot. Without messing things up.
Defiled one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 12:56   Link #378
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Watch ep2 last night, wish the opening fight was longer but good ep overall. Just 1 complaint through, I really don't like Raki's va. I am not sure what the problem is but his voices just grates on my ears, kinda like the most eng dubs.

Form the pacing it looks like we will get the Teresa Arc in Ep5-6 and then the fun will begin as the other claymores in the op will show up.
Old 2007-04-11, 13:04   Link #379
flick
電脳コイル'd

I've just finished watching the first episode and am seriously wondering if I should watch the second... seeing as I then have to wait another week or something for the next one hehe.

Ending theme really fits the anime I think.
flick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 13:30   Link #380
Grey

The first episode seemed to barrel through the scenes, and now the second seems to lazily draw out a single plot point. I'm still not quite sure what to make of this adaptation yet....

And the background music is also a bit strange.
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote