AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Old 2007-04-04, 09:54   Link #141
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

I think that's because the characters have a more prominent nose compare to your usual anime.

As for the Lucky/Raki, if i m not mistaken, in nihongo, there's no "la" sound.
"R" is often used to substitute "L" when it comes to converting english to japanese.
Old 2007-04-04, 09:59   Link #142
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Level E View Post
I saw the RAW. Impressions: MAD HOUSE ftw.

Actually, I feel it was a bit censored but that can't be helped.
Kurashima Houko's voice is going to take sometime getting use to. Her monotone Clare voice isn't exactly what I thought her voice would be like, but I guess it fits. I was bit surprised they went slightly out of order but I guess the anime needs to keep a pace to develop the Lucky and Clare relationship especially early-mid and latter parts of the series when the other characters start popping up and things take an interesting turn.

I guess the next EP is the Death EP already?
BTW is it just me, or has Lucky grown a bit taller from his manga version?
What relationship? What Multi-Tone? It sounds like things are proceeding correctly and she nailed Clare's lack of character perfectly. Sounds like a lot of people had the same impression of the opening segment as me, more boring than the usual shounen fair. When NoSanninWa says the series starts slow he means it. I just don't have the patience to wait and see if it gets better because I don't like any character in it muchly, especially Clare who makes Heero Yui in episode one of GW look like Judge Freaking Rheinhold. Sounds like the anime didn't make things much more exciting for the first episode.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 10:30   Link #143
MaCgRaDy

Hmm i am still wondering who would sub this anime!The manga was great i really enjoy reading it so i hope that the anime would be as good sa the manga!
地愛你。
我愛你不是因為你是誰,而是我在你面前可以是誰。
MaCgRaDy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 10:45   Link #144
Crystal_Method
I want dreads...
*Artist

I remember reading somewhere that shinsen-subs will be picking this up, but I'm not sure.
Old 2007-04-04, 10:59   Link #145
BiZz
God ?

There are 5 teams who will sub this series so don't worry...

Shinsen-subs, Froth-Bite, A-keep, Eclipse, Jigoku-Fansubs
BiZz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 11:20   Link #146
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiZz View Post

Of course.... of course the show I don't care about gets the five subbers (really though, its no surprise based on the bizarre popularity of the series). Should have picked this one in the oversubbed thread. Then again it wouldn't be any if I knew the answer already. Well then I hope the subbers at least enjoy doing it and receive credit, that's all I can hope for. Good luck groups.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-04, 11:28   Link #147
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Don't watch it? Durrr...
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 11:31   Link #148
Level E
みwiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budweineken View Post
Viz uses Raki.
Well, I stand corrected spelling his name ^^;
Just thought it would be weird if he's the only name in the series that's not using proper characterization. Lucky does fit his character imo, b/c that boy sure has luck on his side especially when he gets sent north.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
What relationship? What Multi-Tone? It sounds like things are proceeding correctly and she nailed Clare's lack of character perfectly.
She does. I'm not saying Kurashima Houko is a bad. She's a good seiyuu. But I just imagined a bit higher voice then the deep monotone voice portrayed in the anime. Especially later on in the series...
Level E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 11:40   Link #149
Budweineken
Crap

Quote:
She does. I'm not saying Kurashima Houko is a bad. She's a good seiyuu. But I just imagined a bit higher voice then the deep monotone voice portrayed in the anime. Especially later on in the series
The voice should develop just as the character develops... Once a character becomes more outgoing as the series progresses, the voice should chance slightly too... it happens too often in other series to not think that it will not be the case here.

Quote:
Spoiler:

You couldn't be more wrong. There's plenty of room for growth, especially with her new human companion and 11 volumes, ongoing, worth of content seems to suggest otherwise too.

Last edited by Budweineken; 2007-06-25 at 13:00.
Budweineken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 11:42   Link #150
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

If you've ever heard what Haman Khan in Gundam sounds like, that's what I pictured for Clare. Cold, deep, and lacking emotion.
Old 2007-04-04, 11:48   Link #151
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Level E View Post

She does. I'm not saying Kurashima Houko is a bad. She's a good seiyuu. But I just imagined a bit higher voice then the deep monotone voice portrayed in the anime. Especially later on in the series...

Does she sound like Washimine Yukio (another Houko's voicerole) in Black Lagoon season 2? Because I am picturing she sounds like her from the way you describe her.
Old 2007-04-04, 11:49   Link #152
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

I dont get why people continue to complain about a show. If u dont like it..simply dont watch it. I have seen my share of animes and movies, and even though this concept aint very new where a person saves another and gradually his/her heart opens up but still...its not always about the story, but rather how you present it. The manga did this beautifully i felt. I m no major action-buff, but i loved the manga for the way the characters developed and also with so many plot lines.

Lets hope that MADHOUSE makes a good adaptation. This is the first series where i ll be watching the RAW as it comes out and then the subbers. Its been a long wait for this series and its great to see CLAIRE again
toxic_trance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 11:52   Link #153
mouhitori

I am happy to hear the plot will become more intriguing in the future.
Currently, it does not stand out much, as people pointed out.

Also, I think the ending song is pretty good, coming from Riyu Kosaka, who had some good songs in Lumines too.

First eps summary & screenshosts
mouhitori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 11:57   Link #154
BluWacky
尻の竜

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic_trance View Post
I dont get why people continue to complain about a show. If u dont like it..simply dont watch it.
It's only the first episode; how are you supposed to know if you like a series or not until you've seen some of it? I mean, sure, you can tell straight off from artwork or story concept whether a show might interest you, but things such as animation style, art quality, voice-acting, music etc. can't be gleaned from an 100 word synopsis really.
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 11:57   Link #155
Budweineken
Crap

It's out by Eclipse.
Old 2007-04-04, 12:00   Link #156
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
If you've ever heard what Haman Khan in Gundam sounds like, that's what I pictured for Clare. Cold, deep, and lacking emotion.
She's not like Haman Khan. I am sorry that you got this wrong impression but she is a character who does develope quite much personality-wise, and that's also one of the most interesting part of the story as well (discovering the truth about certain things and facts, although I don't want to spoil anything). Anyway, if Madhouse is going to closely follow the manga, you'll see development, and you'll also see an interesting story with it as well. But if it's not your cup of tea then just don't watch it, although your description of Clare was really really off, trust me.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 12:00   Link #157
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiZz View Post

You forgot to mention Toriyamaworld and A2000A; Both were looking for a translator for this show not so long ago.

Then again, I just read that A2000A is having second thoughs about working on this show. >_< !!
Old 2007-04-04, 12:05   Link #158
Crystal_Method
I want dreads...
*Artist

Quote:
I wouldn't say Claire is lacking emotion, it's more like she's repressing her emotions. Also why can't you see her not having room for development? A lot of characters that give off a cold hearted attitude usually change the most. I agree with Shinndou on what's basically to come.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-04, 12:06   Link #159
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Well..i do know its too early to judge, but people seem to be giving negative comments about the plotline already..so i think that should be avoided. The first episode might not be impressive but that is not a reason to discard this series

neway..i think i love this manga so i m a bit too attatched to this series. ITS great to see that Eclipse has released this series. Eclipse is a great group. They did an awedsome job with Kanon, by releasing great quality video within almost 24 hrs. Hope they do the same with Claymore.

ECLIPSE U ROCK

And yeah...trust me..Claire does change a lot in the series. From her childhood to her present and also into the future. As i have told a million times, the manga is all about character development. The whole Youma thing is to add action and just supports the development. Plus, I think the Seiyuu did a very nice job. Dont see why all the complaints. Claire is pretty emotional as u ll see in the future. Maybe as the series proceeds, u ll come to agree
toxic_trance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 12:09   Link #160
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal_Method View Post
I wouldn't say Claire is lacking emotion, it's more like she's repressing her emotions. Also why can't you see her not having room for development? A lot of characters that give off a cold hearted attitude usually change the most. I agree with Shinndou on what's basically to come.
Spoiler:
Yeah. Well I guess people who are following the manga know what kind of characters and developements we'll get to see in this show (though I wonder how much they'll manage to cover within 24 episodes, if that's going to be lenght of the anime), so they're not worried nor bothered by the presentation in of Claire as a cold-hearted and apparently "flat" character, in this first episode. But atleast people who haven't read the manga and who are still interested towards this should definetely give it a couple more episodes before labeling Claire so fast.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote