Notices

Old 2014-12-23, 22:17   Link #161
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Just crap a useless ending that seen at the begining

3/10 it would of been better if it was just a movie
Old 2014-12-25, 12:14   Link #162
MgMaster

Bad pacing was the biggest downfall of this rather promising show, IMO. Over half of it was mostly slice of life and while I wouldn't mind that, it didn't do really do much in terms of characterization, which is something that I believe slice of life moments should be primarily used for.

Another way to put it would be that we did get plenty of characterizations but it wasn't really needed since the characters aren't very interesting(maybe save for Yui) and in such cases, just a few eps showing their daily lives is enough.

Then of course, plot start's revealing itself way too late and as a result comes off as rushed & way too sudden when it could've well been foreshadowed better with subtle hints throughout the series.

Meh, it always annoys me when shows with good potential suffer from serious pacing issues. Will definitely check out the VN if/when it's translated though.
MgMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-26, 00:39   Link #163
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I heavily disagree that Sou's motivation into 'reviving' Kaori is because of his guilt in not responding to her feelings. One just doesn't dedicate their entire life to do something as farfetched as resurrection just because they didn't get the chance to answer (reject?) them. The reactions of the Sous in Eps1 and Eps8 confessions show him flustered and blushing like a girl. Not to mention the main reason why Yui doesn't want to get in between Kaori and Sou is because she saw future!Sou staring wistfully at a picture of Kaori.

Speaking of Yui, oh boy, they really put a whole bunch of tidbits into hinting that she's basically just Kaori without her memories. Memory transfer unsuccessful but Yui gets a 'soul' anyway in eps 9? Earthquake where Sou saves Yui from falling objects in eps 10 just like he did with Kaori in eps 2? Kaori saying that she knows what Yui is thinking because they are very similar to one another in eps 11? Future!Kaori waking up upon the disappearance of Yui in eps 12?

Most interesting is future!Kaori's dream while she was in a coma. While it is a dream, I just find it odd that, from her own very words, that she dreamt that she and Sou are walking home together and then she mentions 'ashita mata aeru yo ne?" But why would she say "I'll see you again tomorrow again right?" if they're walking home together and they live in the same place? Unless... dun dun dun... that was a memory when she was Yui walking home with Sou during one of her time travels.

(Unshown in the anime of course, as unless i missed it, the words 'ashita mata aeru yo ne' were never spoken upon fast viewing of previous episodes. None even in episode 11 with the same title; which again leds credence to Yui=Kaori since eps 11 is pretty much 80% Yui. Helps also that both Kaori and Yui has their own version of the ED, which is titled the same. In the actual anime, Kaori get's the closest with 'mata ashita', but that's reverse order and that was when she was leaving Sou in the clubroom, so MUCH different from her dream.)

So yeah, while I can't say I was much impressed with visuals, the music, the voice acting, or even the pacing, I'd say this is heads and tails above the eroge adaptation competition (barring UBW of course, but FSN is on a whole nother level considering how much budget they're getting this time around )

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-31, 12:13   Link #164
EroKing

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-12-02 at 07:19.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
time travel, tragedy