AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-10-30, 22:16   Link #1181
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Given the limitations on video filetypes that the PS3 could play, I never got that into using my PS3 as a movie file player for my HDTV anyway.
Old 2013-10-30, 22:59   Link #1182
konart

I'm okay with this as long as I can play BD
Old 2013-10-30, 23:04   Link #1183
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I guess..........I am an old breed of gamer, seems like a lot of people are touchy about the PS4 not being a media center. I am not even in my mid 20's and I already having thoughts that I am old seeing the comments now. Here I thought the only thing that should matter on a gaming console is the ability to play games at a high level.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 23:31   Link #1184
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I guess..........I am an old breed of gamer, seems like a lot of people are touchy about the PS4 not being a media center. I am not even in my mid 20's and I already having thoughts that I am old seeing the comments now. Here I thought the only thing that should matter on a gaming console is the ability to play games at a high level.
More like it's a downgrade from what they have previously. Different from the paywall for multiplay, Sony can't give us any good reason for this, that's why people are angry.

I'm sticking with the PS3 since there are still a lot of games I want to play on that system, and I'm not the kind to pursue graphic. The only feature I love about the PS4 is the ability to record and stream gameplay, which will help a lot for in-house fighting games tournament.

Don't get me wrong. I will buy a PS4, but not now, and I have the right to feel disappointed that some of the features are taken away from the previous gen. If you are an old breed of gamers, you would actually stick with building a PC instead.
Old 2013-10-30, 23:32   Link #1185
Vajra
So Like A Rose

Quote:
Well I am almost 30 (old lol) and I agree with you wholeheartedly, it's the same thing with the XBONE -- well actually the deal there is that Microsoft has advertised it mainly as a Cable/DVD/Tv box with the added function of playing games. It makes you wonder who will shell out the $60+ to buy 1 or 2 games when the console's own company is not even promoting it as a gaming device.
Vajra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-31, 00:29   Link #1186
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
More like it's a downgrade from what they have previously. Different from the paywall for multiplay, Sony can't give us any good reason for this, that's why people are angry.
Actually, I'm surprised that they haven't come up with an excuse at all-- They just lay it out there.

With the Multiplayer-paywall Shu was pretty quick to at least say that it's to help fund for an improved network or something.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2013-10-31 at 00:41.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-31, 00:59   Link #1187
sa547
*Author

I thought it redundant to turn a console into a media center, when my computer can do most of PS4's media functions except to play PS4 games. What I am interested in the PS4 is the ability to buy and play someone's used discs without restriction.
Old 2013-10-31, 01:05   Link #1188
defki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheGrave007 View Post
Does anyone know if you're able too change your username if you transfer your ps3 account to the ps4?
No. At least not according to Sony's FAQ. But you can display your real name if you want .

I don't know where the problem is. Charge a few bucks. People are willing to pay for a change.

Or at least give us the same option the Japanese PSN has.
defki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-31, 06:33   Link #1189
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
Or at least give us the same option the Japanese PSN has.
What option?

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-31, 08:10   Link #1190
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:

I'm sticking with the PS3 since there are still a lot of games I want to play on that system, and I'm not the kind to pursue graphic. The only feature I love about the PS4 is the ability to record and stream gameplay, which will help a lot for in-house fighting games tournament.

Don't get me wrong. I will buy a PS4, but not now, and I have the right to feel disappointed that some of the features are taken away from the previous gen. If you are an old breed of gamers, you would actually stick with building a PC instead.
Well the PS4 already impress me, there are already graphic comparison of the PC vs the PS4 and Xbox. Out of the PS4 and Xbox, reviewers and spectators saw the PS4 shockingly able to keep up with the PC however the PC still comes out in top. However for 400 vs 1500 dollars to play Battlefield at Ultra settings, I am happy enough with the 400. Here

The Xbox one looks similar however, it runs on 720p vs the PS4 900p. Here is the comparison

In short, the PS4 is what a traditional gamer needs, a console that can play the best of gams at the highest detail it can muster to compare with the PC, it may lose but close enough is a win due to price if many are not willing to spend 1500 on a gaming desktop or laptop.
Old 2013-10-31, 08:37   Link #1191
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I already followed all those news regarding graphic (not like you can miss all the shitstorm on Neogaf anyway), but that's definitely not what I'm looking at when I chose my console. I mean, to this day I can still enjoy game like Ring of Red, and I'm still playing Atelier series.

And unless you're posting on your phone, I doubt you would need $1500 for something to be able to play Battlefield 4 at Ultra. Upgrading PC mean you should only calculate the upgrading parts only, not the whole machine.

However I'm not here to say shit like PC master race or something, since I really hate those type of people. I'm just voicing my disappointment with some of Sony's decision, that's all.

[edit]
This is one of the reasons I like Shu. He is not playing around, and always quick to reply to people, even about trivial things. Seems like they will consider those features for the PS4, just not now.

Last edited by Duo Maxwell; 2013-10-31 at 10:10.
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-31, 11:13   Link #1192
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

[edit]
This is one of the reasons I like Shu. He is not playing around, and always quick to reply to people, even about trivial things. Seems like they will consider those features for the PS4, just not now.

"But we already have a device that does that, it's call the PS3-"

It would be amusing if he did that
Old 2013-10-31, 11:23   Link #1193
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
I already followed all those news regarding graphic (not like you can miss all the shitstorm on Neogaf anyway), but that's definitely not what I'm looking at when I chose my console. I mean, to this day I can still enjoy game like Ring of Red, and I'm still playing Atelier series.

And unless you're posting on your phone, I doubt you would need $1500 for something to be able to play Battlefield 4 at Ultra. Upgrading PC mean you should only calculate the upgrading parts only, not the whole machine.

However I'm not here to say shit like PC master race or something, since I really hate those type of people. I'm just voicing my disappointment with some of Sony's decision, that's all.

[edit]

Well, it is good to see that they are taking customer consideration into high account and actually respond to them unlike Microsoft. Maybe they will add media features later on. I plan to get my PS4 in January due to the fear of getting rob or getting into a brawl in Gamestop (it is not a joking manner).
Old 2013-10-31, 12:16   Link #1194
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

On a kinda related new, PS+ offer for November:

I'm happy, really. All those who haven't play Soul Sacrifice should give it a try now.
Old 2013-10-31, 12:18   Link #1195
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I thought Dark Arisen was an expansion set

If I weren't just starting on P4G I would have popped Soul Sacrifice back in again... And also, bad internet for gaming >_>
Old 2013-10-31, 12:30   Link #1196
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I thought Dark Arisen was an expansion set
It is an expansion, and included the base game.
Old 2013-10-31, 15:10   Link #1197
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty_Harry View Post
Xbox Arcade games in XBOX 360 disagree.
Xbox Live Arcade != Xbox Live Indie Games. Let's also not forget how the XBLIG section has been hidden for who knows how long now, and even removed in some countries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Eh? People use their Playstation to play music?

...Why ?? Wouldn't it be better to use your computer, iPod or whatever?
I remember a conversation on Twitter that happened recently where someone was unable to play the audio CDs that came with a premium edition. That is, until it was pointed out that the PlayStation 3 could play them.

Good luck getting an iPod to read an audio CD. As for a computer, that thing still needs to boot first and be compatible with CDs (which isn't always the case, as DVD-only drives exist).
Quote:
If you are an old breed of gamers, you would actually stick with building a PC instead.
That doesn't make sense; console gaming was viable long before PC gaming (which only became viable during the PSX era).
Quote:
In short, the PS4 is what a traditional gamer needs, a console that can play the best of gams at the highest detail it can muster to compare with the PC
Traditional gamers don't care about the highest detail.
Quote:
It is an expansion, and included the base game.
The correct term is "stand-alone expansion".
Old 2013-10-31, 15:30   Link #1198
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
That doesn't make sense; console gaming was viable long before PC gaming (which only became viable during the PSX era).
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA!

*breathes in*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sorry sorry, I'm being a bit rude ain't I? For a moment there I thought you were claiming that until 1994 PC Gaming wasn't viable which is off course a silly statement to make and completely ignores the existance of great DOS games like... I don't know... Doom (1993), Monkey Island (1990), Prince of Persia (1989), Sim City (1989) or Populous (1989).

To be fair some of them were released first on other personal computing platforms of the time like the Amiga or the Apple II but gaming has been "viable" outside of dedicated consoles for as long as there have been ways to ship code out to any sort of programmable personal computer (either on tape drives in devices like the Commodore 64 and the ZX Spectrum or on Floppy Disks like on the IBM-PC we all know and love).

Sure, it's true that the big 3D graphics wars only started at about the same time that the PS1 came out but you can't really claim that gaming wasn't viable before the advent of the 3D Graphics.
Old 2013-10-31, 16:22   Link #1199
Chaos Knight
Flag Pilot

It seems like we won't be getting TitanFall, for the PS4.
But we may get its sequels, in the future, if were lucky.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/10/29/ti...nd-pc-forever/

And in other news, Adam Sessler (never liked the guy) freaks out about the ps4, suppose rush release. To me it seems like they are over reacting about this.

http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/ar...hed-ps4-launch
Chaos Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-31, 16:37   Link #1200
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Knight View Post
It seems like we won't be getting TitanFall, for the PS4.
But we may get its sequels, in the future, if were lucky.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/10/29/ti...nd-pc-forever/

And in other news, Adam Sessler (never liked the guy) freaks out about the ps4, suppose rush release. To me it seems like they are over reacting about this.

http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/ar...hed-ps4-launch
Well Titan Fall could be in a similar situation like that of the Mass Effect series later on.