AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

Old 2010-04-03, 00:51   Link #481
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rave_master16 View Post
Is this the first time Key didn't collaborate with Kyoani in adaptation of their works? Maybe if Kyoani did this, you guys think will it be better?
Could be? They did FMP TSR so you'd think they could handle actions scenes.

I'm more interested in getting Angel's perspective on the situation. Since we're seeing this play out like Otonashi, I'm feeling like I was dropped in the middle of something which was prob intended.
Old 2010-04-03, 00:53   Link #482
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
angel beats ep 1

like i just said before, some fanboys/fangirls already yelled "she is my wife!!/he is my husband!!" in their comments just watching the first ep....
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 01:02   Link #483
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Just finished watching episode 1. Overall, it was fairly enjoyable but I can see the pacing issues already and the cast seems pretty big judging from this episode. The atmosphere is gorgeous though, I love the scenery and the lighting effects, the animation was done pretty well from what I could see. The reason I see pacing issues though is because they seem to throw a lot at you too quickly and there isn't much time to swallow all of it, but considering the 13 episode count, it was inevitable.

I can't say much about the secondary characters yet since this is only the introductory phase but they all seem pretty interesting except Noda, but that's a matter of opinion because I just don't like his particular type of character. But I will say this, Otonashi and Yuri are fairly entertaining from the little that I got to see in this episode. Yuri's personality is a little over-the-top but that doesn't necessarily make it a bad thing either, I guess it's a personal preference type of thing here too.

Otonashi seems like a very reasonable male lead and his past might be a focus point for the plot as much as the fight against Tenshi. I enjoyed the episode but there isn't much I can really say about it. Nothing really stands out so I'll just have to wait for it to pick up.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 01:03   Link #484
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

...Ha! Epi01 introduced properly maybe half of the casts. I thought it was pretty funny until the nonsense about fighting and band showed up. Good thing it's supposed to be full Key style later.

PS. Otonashi = 音無 = no voice, which is generally the case for virtual novels main characters. =D
Old 2010-04-03, 01:10   Link #485
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free View Post
...Ha! Epi01 introduced properly maybe half of the casts. I thought it was pretty funny until the non-sense about fighting and band showed up. Good thing it's supposed to be full Key style later.

PS. Otonashi = 音無 = no voice, which is generally the case for virtual novels main characters. =D
I'm guessing there's a reason for them to introduce most of the cast this quickly. There might be some heavy character development if Jun Maeda sticks to his guns. At least I hope so.

As for Otonashi, that's a pretty clever name Oh Maeda, you sly devil you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgewalker View Post
Spoiler for Coalguys IRC status. ( and language ):
So it wasn't CoalGuys? I guess I shouldn't believe the words of others so easily, sorry I wonder who it is that did it then.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2010-04-03, 01:17   Link #486
gonzo562

not a bad first episode

aya hirano though would of been a better fit as the VA of yuri
gonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 01:30   Link #487
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Watching the troll sub right now just to check it out, it's actually not bad!
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 01:32   Link #488
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo562 View Post
not a bad first episode

aya hirano though would of been a better fit as the VA of yuri
I don't know, Harumi Sakurai is doing a pretty good job so far. Let's give her another couple of episodes just to get a feel for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Watching the troll sub right now just to check it out, it's actually not bad!
Well some of it is actually translated somewhat correct but most of it is just a waste of time.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2010-04-03, 01:47   Link #489
mpt37

I thought the 2nd Season of K-ON would be the most scrutinized anime this season, but looks like Angel Beats is going to be right up there with it.

I know the first episode doesn't make a series, but based solely on episode 1, I didn't like it that much. The story, characters and voice acting didn't really catch my attention. Might get better once I understand what's going on so let's see what episode 2 has to offer.
Old 2010-04-03, 02:24   Link #490
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

The worst thing with this show IMO is the INSANE hype, which is partly of Jun Maeda's own bringing.

I still wish the show the best, but at this point in his career, Maeda might be almost trying too hard. While his earlier works were more subdued affairs that didn't quite have the hype this show has.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 02:26   Link #491
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Ah! I just realized what this reminded me of.
M...
Munto-sama!

Random laugh:
http://yunakiti.blog79.fc2.com/blog-entry-4953.html
Yurippe... To think she had such a birth defect... Definitely going to be a sob story over this problem, right?

In the second half of the page, a comparison on holding sniper rifles.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 02:26   Link #492
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
I don't know, Harumi Sakurai is doing a pretty good job so far. Let's give her another couple of episodes just to get a feel for her....
I'm not into her yet, but I could have said that about Aaya in the first couple of eps of Haruhi, too, so I'll give her time. I must admit, however, that with Kamiyan there, I really wanted to hear Chiwa.

Ep1 didn't blow me away, but it feels as if it has potential depth and will develop.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 02:32   Link #493
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

I'm rather confused with this first episode as nothing makes sense.
Spoiler:

Oh well, I haven't seen any anime recently that has a big "wtf" factor so this anime might actually be entertaining and make sense down along the long, at least I hope.

Oh yeah, I'm really digging the song in the middle of the anime.
Old 2010-04-03, 02:32   Link #494
Edgewalker
Nani ?

IMO I would be willing to bet the vast majority of the QQ'ers are suffering from "Herp derp I fell for the hype" syndrome where it's bad for not living up to godly expectations. The story so far obviously left room for more episodes to fill things in, so to try and judge it just based on what was in this episode is jumping the gun.
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 02:38   Link #495
ZODDGUTS

I liked the first episode sure it didn't blow my mind but it wasn't bad, it was enjoyable. We've only gotten a glimpse of the character in the first ep and they'll be developed for sure.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 02:38   Link #496
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
The worst thing with this show IMO is the INSANE hype, which is partly of Jun Maeda's own bringing.

I still wish the show the best, but at this point in his career, Maeda might be almost trying too hard. While his earlier works were more subdued affairs that didn't quite have the hype this show has.
I honestly can't blame Maeda for hyping this show, it's the first time he's doing something in this genre. I also don't believe he would say that his show was bad, any creator/writer/producer would hype their show because they want people to watch it, I think that much is obvious. I just think the viewers themselves set their expectations too high which is why people seem to be overreacting.

I myself can't really say whether or not Maeda is "trying too hard" yet considering the fact that we've only seen one episode. Let him tell his story and then we can pass judgment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Ep1 didn't blow me away, but it feels as if it has potential depth and will develop.
Likewise, I feel the same way. And just going by history, I'll have faith in Maeda until the end (I.e. - Unless this series devolves rather than develops.)

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2010-04-03, 02:44   Link #497
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Watched Episode 1.

So, great visuals, great audio, and....what did I just watch there? X_X

I was going to come back from blogging vacation just for this show. Now, I'm having second thoughts.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 02:52   Link #498
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

So much QQ in this thread, yet I was completely blown away.

The visuals, the atmosphere, the music.... :O. Such an amazing insert song right off the bat. If this series gets any better and keeps these production values I think we may have a classic in our hands :O.

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 02:59   Link #499
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

will watch when i wake up tomorrow morning. i'm excited.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 03:04   Link #500
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

oh wow, aren't you one of the people from the BB thread? :O.

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
key