AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2016-02-27, 10:35   Link #2721
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by francescoG1 View Post
No (Rory was originally a human), 600 years is the empire formation...

Humans are there for some more than 1,000 years perhaps 1800-2000.
I see, then their level of technology seems alright, I would hate to see the Empire in possesion of modern weapons, those guys are racist bastards and I have the feeling Pina and Bozes are the only ones of the noble that are not like that.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-27, 13:13   Link #2722
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I just want to make clear that before modern racism, it is traditional to view people not of your own clan as an enemy. So it isn't a matter of the colour of one's skin or what language or culture they came from, the matter is that you only take care of your extended family and everyone else is either an enemy or victim to exploit. The idea that "we are all humans" is a relatively recent idea.

We got out of that. But it has been replaced by modern racism instead. Ironic, as the colour of one's skin is entirely useless to determine genetic information of a human. It is practically the least important piece of information you could care about on a genetic level.
Old 2016-02-27, 13:36   Link #2723
mysterious

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
I have the feeling Pina and Bozes are the only ones of the noble that are not like that.
I have to disagree. While they may not be the most cruel and asshole in the empire, they are not saint either. They only begin to try to understand Japanese culture and some extent of modern culture after witness the Japanese overwhelming destructive power. Heck, they dont even have a concept of Geneva convention for treating enemy POWs. And I have not seen any of the beast people in Pina Knight Corps either.
Old 2016-02-27, 13:42   Link #2724
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I'm back, I'll drop a few more summary but I doubt I'll finish the volume this month

I got a two week vacation coming up starting next week (heading back to Japan with a friend) and won't be around much on the internet
Old 2016-02-27, 13:54   Link #2725
RDNexus

Have a nice trip
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-27, 19:08   Link #2726
eisai_haramasukoi

Just a question.

So there are people that came before the founders of the Empire?
eisai_haramasukoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-27, 21:16   Link #2727
tuckersister

I wonder if Pina and Bozes know how fire a gun.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-28, 00:51   Link #2728
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser View Post
Just a question.

So there are people that came before the founders of the Empire?
Was mentioned in a previous post (and hinted at in the anime) that humans were the last race to arrive. Was also mentioned in a previous post that humans have come through the Gate several different times, with the Roman predecessors of the Empire being the second to last group to come through (not counting the JSDF). So the answer is yes, whether you limit "people" to humans or not.
Old 2016-02-28, 01:12   Link #2729
eisai_haramasukoi

I'm specifically referring to humans. Is it only a single group of humans who entered the Gate?
eisai_haramasukoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-28, 04:57   Link #2730
Brother Coa
Banned

It could be, since I have seen no cultural difference between humans at all.

If fan theories are correct the humans who have gone trough the Gate are tow missing Roman Legions who have gone trough the Gate to conquer new land for the Roman Empire and left stuck there, together with civilian stuff going with them, when the game closed.

One thing that bugged me so far is why nobody from SDF and their support staff decided to map the night sky and determine location of special region world in our galaxy? It would be kind of valuable information to see how far is special region planet from Earth.

Last edited by Brother Coa; 2016-02-28 at 06:08.
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-28, 05:08   Link #2731
RDNexus

Maybe the author didn't even think about it, to begin with.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-28, 16:48   Link #2732
xShARkx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
It could be, since I have seen no cultural difference between humans at all.

If fan theories are correct the humans who have gone trough the Gate are tow missing Roman Legions who have gone trough the Gate to conquer new land for the Roman Empire and left stuck there, together with civilian stuff going with them, when the game closed.

One thing that bugged me so far is why nobody from SDF and their support staff decided to map the night sky and determine location of special region world in our galaxy? It would be kind of valuable information to see how far is special region planet from Earth.
According to Aohige previous post's the world of gate is in another universe so it's not the same universe as our world. The world of gate, it maybe be even Earth for all we know(unless someone can explain this a bit better... Aohige?), an Earth with different continents that have different shapes than ours of course.
xShARkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-28, 19:00   Link #2733
Brother Coa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xShARkx View Post
According to Aohige previous post's the world of gate is in another universe so it's not the same universe as our world. The world of gate, it maybe be even Earth for all we know(unless someone can explain this a bit better... Aohige?), an Earth with different continents that have different shapes than ours of course.
As I have understood Special Region world is not different universe - the only difference is that it has magic and gods. Which can scientifically be explained as psychic powers and alien beings who upgraded to another plain of existence ( basically the Ori from "Stargate", this is after all the Japanese version of the same ).

Latest episodes even mentioned races coming from different worlds - not universes. Which again is totally possible since scientific study shown that our galaxy alone can have anywhere from 2 to 1.000.000 civilizations. So elves, orcs, goblins and others are actually alien races whose home planet was connected with Gate planet.

And in the end we have humans, which giving fan-theories and their culture and theme are actually descendants of Romans.

And lastly, special region planet is not Earth at all. And we know that because there is official map of the planet ( it's not complete, as there are more continets on it that are not shown fully ). And the planet does not look like Earth at all, even when continents were together or above sea level.
Old 2016-02-28, 21:00   Link #2734
xShARkx

Quote:
As I have understood Special Region world is not different universe - the only difference is that it has magic and gods. Which can scientifically be explained as psychic powers and alien beings who upgraded to another plain of existence ( basically the Ori from "Stargate", this is after all the Japanese version of the same ).
You are making a supposition or are you making an affirmation? To me your comment sounds like an affirmation. Did you read all the book's of the novel or Light Novel? There is any were on them that says this? About the world of the gate being in the same universe?

I'm asking this because the manga did not even touch in the matter of the origin of the gate yet! And the translated Light novel stopped on the Flame dragon's arc and also did not mention about the gate yet to.

So if you did not read all the book's you can't affirm anything

On my comment on the other hand..... About the part saying that the world of gate is in another universe..... I've used information that has been posted in this topic already by Aohige, someone that owns the novel's and has read all of them.

Also did the author ever said that "Stargate" was an inspiration to him in anyway? Yes, gate is somewhat similar to "Stargate" but not that much. Like there is no magic in "Stargate", in gate there is! And I mean real magic since you can cast or activated spells that been written some were that can do different things like create an explosion, subvert the laws of physics and interfere with fundamental theories, make people sleep, remove sound of thing's and etc, not only like they are "psychic powers" like in "Stargate".

Quote:
Latest episodes even mentioned races coming from different worlds - not universes. Which again is totally possible since scientific study shown that our galaxy alone can have anywhere from 2 to 1.000.000 civilizations. So elves, orcs, goblins and others are actually alien races whose home planet was connected with Gate planet.
Yes, in the latest episodes of the anime indeed they explained about the gate, that the races came from other world's! But they did not say that these world's are on the same universe as the world of gate, they also did not say that it's not.

Animes usually do a really poor job of explaining complex things! The best way to get a good understanding of something complex that was shown in an anime is to find the manga, novel or light novel of the anime and read it, because in these materials they usually do a much better job in explaining something, because they take their time to do it. In anime they usually rush explanations to much.

I said on my comment that is not on the same universe because like i said before, i used information already posted in this topic by Aohige, someone that got the information from the novels were i'm pretty sure they explained it a lot better than the anime! Because like i said, animes usually do a really poor job of explaining complex things.

Quote:
And in the end we have humans, which giving fan-theories and their culture and theme are actually descendants of Romans.

And lastly, special region planet is not Earth at all. And we know that because there is official map of the planet ( it's not complete, as there are more continets on it that are not shown fully ). And the planet does not look like Earth at all, even when continents were together or above sea level.
1º That picture shows only one continent and not the whole world\planet. To me this picture look's a little like Europe + Asia, a small version of them if you will.

There is any picture of the planet itself? I never saw it! If someone has the link plz post here!

2º There any universal law that says that an Earth from another universe has to have the same continents with the same shape?

Because in my comment i only i made an assumption when i said "The world of gate, it maybe be even Earth for all we know(unless someone can explain this a bit better... Aohige?), an Earth with different continents that have different shapes than ours of course."
xShARkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-28, 21:38   Link #2735
Brother Coa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xShARkx View Post
You are making a supposition or are you making an affirmation? To me your comment sounds like an affirmation. Did you read all the book's of the novel or Light Novel? There is any were on them that says this? About the world of the gate being in the same universe?

I'm asking this because the manga did not even touch in the matter of the origin of the gate yet! And the translated Light novel stopped on the Flame dragon's arc and also did not mention about the gate yet to.

So if you did not read all the book's you can't affirm anything

On my comment on the other hand..... About the part saying that the world of gate is in another universe..... I've used information that has been posted in this topic already by Aohige, someone that owns the novel's and has read all of them.

Also did the author ever said that "Stargate" was an inspiration to him in anyway? Yes, gate is somewhat similar to "Stargate" but not that much. Like there is no magic in "Stargate", in gate there is! And I mean real magic since you can cast or activated spells that been written some were that can do different things like create an explosion, subvert the laws of physics and interfere with fundamental theories, make people sleep, remove sound of thing's and etc, not only like they are "psychic powers" like in "Stargate".
Still, I have also read the translations of LN and what Aohige here posted - I never read anything that would state that Gate world = parallel dimension or another universe. May Aohige correct me if I am wrong but so far, after everything I have read on the internet and in translated LN there was nothing confirming that theory. Nor there is a reason to create one when you have our galaxy with billions of stars alone, never mind planets. You are literally the 1'st one I have heard that idea from.

And while little is known of the author, the only thing we know is that he is former SDF officer. And we also know that "Stargate" aired in 1996 while Gate was written around 2006-2010. Even if he was partially inspired by it so what? It only makes Gate much more awesome.

In addition to that the Gate was not done yet as new books are written. So much more can be added later as far as story is concerned.

Quote:
Yes, in the latest episodes of the anime indeed they explained about the gate, that the races came from other world's! But they did not say that these world's are on the same universe as the world of gate, they also did not say that it's not.

Animes usually do a really poor job of explaining complex things! The best way to get a good understanding of something complex that was shown in an anime is to find the manga, novel or light novel of the anime and read it, because in these materials they usually do a much better job in explaining something, because they take their time to do it. In anime they usually rush explanations to much.

I said on my comment that is not on the same universe because like i said before, i used information already posted in this topic by Aohige, someone that got the information from the novels were i'm pretty sure they explained it a lot better than the anime! Because like i said, animes usually do a really poor job of explaining complex things.
That much I agree, and that is why I read LN and manga and explanation of further chapters that Aohige posted. And this is why I can tell you with certainty that Gate world =/= another universe.

Quote:
1º That picture shows only one continent and not the whole world\planet. To me this picture look's a little like Europe + Asia, a small version of them if you will.
And like I said: it's not complete, as there are more continent on it that are not shown fully. Probably because not even the Empire and other races explored further beyond that continent.

Quote:
2º There any universal law that says that an Earth from another universe has to have the same continents with the same shape?
Yes, otherwise it would not be Earth. Also it must have same history as well as same composition and animals. Anything other than that and it's not Earth.
Old 2016-02-28, 22:33   Link #2736
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

As for the different planet/alternate universe question, people, when speaking about things occurring in an alternate universe, tend to use "world" and "universe" interchangeably. Don't assume someone means "some other world in the Milky Way Galaxy" rather than "some alternate universe planet" just because they say "another world". I don't know how this is the first time you've heard such a thing suggested, since I'm pretty sure I've seen it mentioned several times in this thread. Perhaps you misunderstood the context.

Quote:
Assuming the Special Region is even in our galaxy, much less our universe, determining the location simply from the stars in the night sky isn't quite as simple as pointing a telescope at the sky on a clear night and letting a computer crunch the numbers, like it is on Stargate. Relative position requires two coordinate values: direction and distance. Direction is simple enough, and does just require the aforementioned telescope and clear night. Distance is not so simple. It requires time to measure it. Half a solar year, as a matter of fact, so that the difference in relative position can be combined with the known distance between the observer and their sun at the time of each measuring and a distance to the star can be calculated. Before that, which stars are so far away that they do not appear to move have to be determined, as those are what the difference of relative position is compared to. Then there is the whole matter of determining the absolute magnitude (as opposed to the aptly-named apparent magnitude) of the stars you're mapping, or else you'll never be able to tell which stars you're looking at in the first place.

We know our general position in the galaxy primarily because astronomers have been looking at the stars for centuries. Of course, it wouldn't take nearly that long for astronomers in the Special Region to determine their location in its own galaxy (Milky Way or other), but it's not something you can knock out with any particular certainty in a few weeks. And it's doubtful that something like that is very high on Japan's priority list, at least until they develop an interstellar space agency.
Old 2016-02-28, 22:50   Link #2737
kazzuya

Is the gaiden the story after or before the re-open of the gate?
kazzuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-28, 23:02   Link #2738
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya View Post
Is the gaiden the story after or before the re-open of the gate?
From what has been stated in this thread, the Gate is reopened at the end of Gaiden 4, and Gaiden 5 is all sidestories from during or before the previous novels.

TL;DR: Before.
Old 2016-02-29, 06:26   Link #2739
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

It IS another universe.
It comes up in novel 4 and 5.

It's actually a main plot point and the main reason why the gate should NOT stay open.
Old 2016-02-29, 07:32   Link #2740
Brother Coa
Banned

So it really is true?
Another world really meant another universe?

Sigh....

"Gate planet is planet inside Milky Way? It's in another galaxy? Elves, Dwarves, Orcs and others are alien races with their own unique culture and legenda from before Gate era, beings that transend to another plane of existance anf have godlike powers are real? Einstein's wormwhole theory is corect and proven? Magic can be scientifically proven and studied?

It's too hard to explain all of this, let's just say it's totally different universe and go with it. It's much easier. "

That's some lazy writting right there.

Tags
fantasy, harem, military science fiction