AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-06-09, 01:28   Link #121
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Homepage is up http://www.falcom.com/txana_explus/index.html and it looks like there's new shota character too

Spoiler:

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-09, 03:20   Link #122
marvelB

A bit late to the party, but the expanded PS4 version is great news! It's just too gosh-darned unfortunate that I don't own a PS4 yet, lol. I wonder if Falcom plans to release the PS4 version's extra content as DLC for the original Vita release? Certainly would be nice....

Anyways, about the new playable character:

Spoiler for plot:

BTW, I wonder if this is also the reason why we've yet to hear of a localization announcement from Xseed for the original version? It would make a lot more sense to wait until the bigger, more "complete" edition is out and just make an announcement for THAT, I think.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-09, 04:26   Link #123
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
A bit late to the party, but the expanded PS4 version is great news! It's just too gosh-darned unfortunate that I don't own a PS4 yet, lol. I wonder if Falcom plans to release the PS4 version's extra content as DLC for the original Vita release? Certainly would be nice....

Anyways, about the new playable character:

Spoiler for plot:

BTW, I wonder if this is also the reason why we've yet to hear of a localization announcement from Xseed for the original version? It would make a lot more sense to wait until the bigger, more "complete" edition is out and just make an announcement for THAT, I think.
Part of a reason why I think the original game is incomplete in some ways and that why I don't mind that they're putting a + version for this. The story itself feels self-contained but the last chapter did give a feeling that they want to put more things in it but was cut

Also speaking of which
Spoiler:

New skill? I don't think I've seen her using move like that. Also what are those E near her element icon?

Old 2016-07-03, 16:22   Link #124
Sacredus

Tokyo Xanadu is coming to Vita and PC in 2017.
Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1242373

Edit: And news on siliconera: http://www.siliconera.com/2016/07/03...north-america/

Last edited by Sacredus; 2016-07-03 at 16:49.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 16:58   Link #125
marvelB

^Whoa, Aksys!? And here I thought it was 99.9% certain that Xseed would be picking this up! Guess they don't have a full monopoly on Falcom titles after all, heh.

Anyway, it's nice news and all, but that still brings the question of whether or not the updated PS4 version will see an overseas release. I'm still pretty certain THAT would generate more sales than the original Vita version (unless the PC version is updated with the PS4 content, maybe?).
Old 2016-09-08, 02:35   Link #126
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Ex+ is up in PSN and also it seems that if you buy the game before 02/10 you'll get free complete set DLC.

edit+
Tried it and...damn, the Calamity difficulty feels a lot harder than vanilla nightmare. The worst thing about the vanilla xanadu where the mobs doesn't seem to get staggered feels a lot worse since unlike Vanilla version, those guys can hit hard Also the mini boss actually one hit me if I can't dodge perfectly..

Last edited by Von Himmel; 2016-09-08 at 06:22.
Old 2017-01-15, 09:11   Link #127
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

https://twitter.com/aksysgames/statu...89848632619008

I wonder what this big news is, I hope they will translate the eX+ ver.
Aoi Toori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-17, 13:11   Link #128
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoi Toori View Post
https://twitter.com/aksysgames/statu...89848632619008

I wonder what this big news is, I hope they will translate the eX+ ver.
Looks like this is it:

Action RPG Tokyo Xanadu gets PS4 and PS Vita European release in 2017

Quote:
PS Vita version due summer, with enhanced EX+ version out for PS4 in winter
EDIT: I just noticed that the collectors edition brings a blade deck with it... I may have to pre-order this now

Last edited by Dextro; 2017-01-17 at 13:33.
Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-17, 19:37   Link #129
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

So... as someone who prefers playing on handhelds, should I stick to the regular VITA version, or is the EX+ such a huge upgrade that it's foolhardy NOT to get the PS4 version?

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-17, 22:49   Link #130
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Looks like this is it:

Action RPG Tokyo Xanadu gets PS4 and PS Vita European release in 2017

EDIT: I just noticed that the collectors edition brings a blade deck with it... I may have to pre-order this now
Yep just like I hoped, looks like I will take the normal edition since I will burn a lot for Sen this year (Sen 3 LE + Sen musical DVD for example)
For Blade deck, well I have a friend that make fanmade-blade II card with Sen 2 charas.
And japanese dub! Why Xseed cant do something like that on Sen games..?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3
So... as someone who prefers playing on handhelds, should I stick to the regular VITA version, or is the EX+ such a huge upgrade that it's foolhardy NOT to get the PS4 version?
From what I know, there are new contents + better framerate for eX+
Aoi Toori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-18, 04:01   Link #131
The Green One

Nice Ex+ is coming over I was hoping it would. I'll definitely grab it.
Old 2017-01-18, 04:36   Link #132
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Stable 60 fps except for the last ex+ boss (though it might not happen in PS4 Pro or PC), but other than that.. well, a more balanced difficulty where it's actually frustrating when you're trying the hardest difficulty on 1st playthrough, more stories, better gameplay system since some enemies need to be hit with strong melee attack to break their shield instead of the vanilla one where you can just spam long-range attack and wait for X-Drive... also what else? Oh right, new playable characters and more character info to put down on your character notes.

Also it kinda explains on one mystery that wasn't really answered in the vanilla game, mostly about what happened during the Tokyo Calamity. Although it's more like a teaser instead of explanations though

Old 2017-01-18, 05:21   Link #133
The Green One

For me when it comes to RPGs I want to get the full story if possible, so that's what will make me buy Ex+ rather than the vanilla version.
Old 2017-01-18, 18:02   Link #134
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

@Von Himmel
So is the vanilla hardest difficulty harder than Ex+? You say EX+ is more 'balanced' but then mention it is also more frustrating? I'm confused which version is more difficult.

Yeah, I'm a sucker for hard games (even frustrating ones like hard difficulty Type Zero where you get one-shotted by literally anything, and the only way you can kill even trash mobs is through killsights XD), and ever since I got my interest picqued by this, I might as well play it with a challenge. This game got me interested because while the main heroine isn't childhood friends with the MC, I believe one party member and one really important story character is one was well.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-19, 03:02   Link #135
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
@Von Himmel
So is the vanilla hardest difficulty harder than Ex+? You say EX+ is more 'balanced' but then mention it is also more frustrating? I'm confused which version is more difficult.

Yeah, I'm a sucker for hard games (even frustrating ones like hard difficulty Type Zero where you get one-shotted by literally anything, and the only way you can kill even trash mobs is through killsights XD), and ever since I got my interest picqued by this, I might as well play it with a challenge. This game got me interested because while the main heroine isn't childhood friends with the MC, I believe one party member and one really important story character is one was well.
It's more balanced in a sense that because the vanilla Xanadu was piss easy even in the hardest difficulty (not sure about the limit run where enemies get boosted level at 2nd playthrough because I never play it in both versions though) and that Xanadu+ fixed that by increasing the difficulty which makes the hardest difficulty matches it's name...hence why I said they 'balance' it. For example, you can get a couple of scratches from enemies in hardest difficulty and you won't feel a thing except if you just stand around doing nothing while in +, a single hit might prove fatal. Normal mobs won't one hit kill you but it'll take huge chunk of your hp. The mini boss or strong enemies in dungeons might be able to one hit you though

Anyway to make it simple, hardest difficulty in vanilla version doesn't feel like one while in + version it actually feels like one. Also what I mean about frustrating is that until some point of the game, you'll have a hard time to stagger the mobs or bosses so you'll probably end up getting scratches here and there while killing bunch of mobs. Since they took large chunk of hp...it makes it kinda frustrating to beat for me It's still possible though but I'm just not good enough for that so I lowered the difficulty

Old 2017-01-19, 16:35   Link #136
marvelB

Well, no doubt I'm stoked about this news about TX, but I still find it odd that it's Aksys taking care of localization this time around, especially when Xseed's been handling Falcom duties for close to a decade now, heh. Maybe the Xseed guys' hands were too tied with the Trails games to focus on TX? I suppose that would make sense. Makes me wonder what will become of Ys 8.... will it be Aksys handling duties for that game, as well? I mean, that's ALSO getting an updated PS4 version with exclusive content like TX did, so.... maybe?
Old 2017-06-30, 05:21   Link #137
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Game is out on Vita today.

That said I'm still on the fence whether to get it now on Vita or wait for Ex+ in November.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-30, 08:02   Link #138
The Green One

I'm waiting for Ex+ in Novemember, I'd rather have the complete game.
Old 2017-07-01, 03:32   Link #139
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'm thinking of getting both if ever. It's the summer drought right now and the only thing going for me right now is FFXIV.
Old 2017-07-02, 00:54   Link #140
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

So I bought the game on Vita and will do so again in November to tide me over until SenIII comes out. That said, 4 hours in, I can tell that for this version Sora is the true Waifu.

Given that, I really think Falcom has a thing for making their main characters literal Chick Magnets. Joshua has 2 or 3 more going after him despite being with Estelle, Lloyd is surrounded by such women at work and throughout Crossbell, and Rean has head patted at least half of all Erebonian women of childbearing age. In this game Kou despite being characterized as a friendly loner still has women attracted to his gravitational field.

On that note I have a question:

Spoiler for Potential Ending Help:

Tags
falcom, ps vita, rpg