AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-27, 17:59   Link #81
Kouji
StrykerX

Yeah, that link's been posted before. But what'd you expect. If you want the original version, just read the Shonen manga. Which, btw; is 20 times ahead of 4Kids hehe.
Old 2004-06-27, 21:24   Link #82
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!

Send a message via AIM to MidoriShinobi Send a message via MSN to MidoriShinobi
*falls over* Kouji, stop obsessing with Viz's One Piece.
In my opinion, they didn't even do a good job of translating it.
(in the first chapter they changed Luffy's juice to milk for no reason)
Old 2004-06-27, 23:00   Link #83
Kouji
StrykerX

Anyways, we'll just have to wait and see how 4Kids goes through the first few 10 episodes. Because personally, I don't have anything bad to say to them (honestly). I know that they're not perfect in how they do their anime. But I could deal with that
Old 2004-07-01, 17:25   Link #84
Late
Peelo

Only one word comes to my mind.

Crap. ^^

I don't want to see that ever again. It was horrible, they can't even sing. And I don't want to start about Sanji's lollipop.
Old 2004-07-01, 20:10   Link #85
The Xenos

Meh. I know rocks will be thrown at me, but I liked the intro. I think they did a good job. Many people are expecting freaking miracles that are just not possible.

You simply can't have a character smoking on a kids show on saturday morning. Do any of you watch anything besides fansubs and get out or read the news? Just look at these fanatical anti-smoking ads. Is anyone here even old enough to remember the 80s with Joe Camel?! I berely remember it, but if you put Sanji smoking on a kids show he will be shot down like Joe Camel. There will be damn legal ramifactations. It's either the no smoking (at least by good guys) or One Piece never showing in America. Plus what's wrong with Sanji having a peppermint stick or lollypop? Kojack had his tootsie pops and was still badass.

C'mon, people, the song was cheesy to begin with. Just because it's Japanese, doesn't mean it's automatically not cartoony and not kiddie. Listen to the damn Japanese singer. He's cheesy or at least not edgy sounding. It's not J Rock, it's more like what you do expect from a kid's show. I'm not saying it wasn't good, it's just, well, not different from what they made in the US one. For a change they actually kept the damn intro and song. We should be happy they're that close. I can't think of any other show that has done that on satuday morning. One Piece is a kids show, but it is one which is so damn cool all ages can enjoy it. To be that is the best (if not only) kind of good children's show.

Do any of you have younger siblings? Do any of you know parents with young kids? Please stop being greedy fans. There are tons of people without acess to fansubs who are unaware of One Piece. My roomate, who got us all into One Piece, was saying this. He was telling his younger brothers about it and was so excited that they and who knows how many thousands of kids are going to discover One Piece this fall. Plus let's not forget those many already who have been reading the manga and Shonen Jump and will see it on TV for the first time.

Context people. Yes, I wish America would be less sticky about what is in kids shows. Yes, I disagree with the current views on violence, death, and vices in kids shows. Yet we must accept the current situation and be thankful things have gotten this far. Hell, go back ten or even five years and I would never see this happening. We are beginning a golden age of good anime shows on Saturday morning with One Piece. Let us be happy.

-Xenos
Old 2004-07-03, 11:54   Link #86
Imaginer
WTFBBQ?

Xenos you may be right.

But personally I would like to see __________ sub the japanese version because I enjoy it more than any dub that may come out.
Old 2004-07-04, 00:30   Link #87
Kouji
StrykerX

Who knows, maybe like with Shaman King. FUNi might have that japanese & english track/w english subtitles.

But me, I as well don't know why for the life of 4Kids that they would do something this low. Sure there might be kids roaming around. But the overal presentation is all but "kiddie" friendly.
Old 2004-07-04, 09:57   Link #88
mizu-luffy
Mr. Prince

are they going to sun the movies?
Old 2004-07-04, 09:58   Link #89
mizu-luffy
Mr. Prince

sub*

oops
Old 2004-07-04, 15:52   Link #90
eLstar
(^_^)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidoriShinobi
*falls over* Kouji, stop obsessing with Viz's One Piece.
In my opinion, they didn't even do a good job of translating it.
(in the first chapter they changed Luffy's juice to milk for no reason)
It's not that bad. They do a way better job dealing with One Piece than they do with some of their other titles. I'm surprised they didn't invert the names like they did with Naruto.
Old 2004-07-04, 16:22   Link #91
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Xenos
You simply can't have a character smoking on a kids show on saturday morning. Do any of you watch anything besides fansubs and get out or read the news? Just look at these fanatical anti-smoking ads. Is anyone here even old enough to remember the 80s with Joe Camel?! I berely remember it, but if you put Sanji smoking on a kids show he will be shot down like Joe Camel. There will be damn legal ramifactations. It's either the no smoking (at least by good guys) or One Piece never showing in America. Plus what's wrong with Sanji having a peppermint stick or lollypop? Kojack had his tootsie pops and was still badass.
I just cannot imagine the horror what they gona do with Smoker, his entire character concept is a smoker. We never saw him stop smoking. He even wear cigars on his uniform. ^^;;
Old 2004-07-04, 20:56   Link #92
Kouji
StrykerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranz
It's not that bad. They do a way better job dealing with One Piece than they do with some of their other titles. I'm surprised they didn't invert the names like they did with Naruto.
Like when they changed Asuma's name to Kuranai. And jutsu into technique. I just hope that some decent U.S company (other than 4Kids) will pick up Naruto.

To me, this' like a train wreck or derail waiting to happen.
Old 2004-07-05, 00:43   Link #93
SåßrêStrïké

Send a message via AIM to SåßrêStrïké
Let's face it, there are only 2 reasons why we watch fansubs...
1. We're imapatient
2. When it does come to America, they butcher the ever-loving shit out of it.
Old 2004-07-05, 19:31   Link #94
Kouji
StrykerX

Your forgetting one U.S company. And that's Bandai Entertainment. Because B.E.I tends to keep the japanese version intact, but with english voice overs. Heck Bandai did a really great job for Wolf's Rain, Infinite Ryvius & Scryed.
Old 2004-07-05, 23:12   Link #95
SåßrêStrïké

Send a message via AIM to SåßrêStrïké
I agree, Bandai, Geneon, ADV, and Ocean, I think, all do a pretty good job. But if 4Kids takes it, then we're screwed. They're gonna turn it into a kids show. *shudders*
Old 2004-07-06, 06:02   Link #96
Faebinder
The Sorcerer King

Send a message via MSN to Faebinder
Holy Cow

Damn.. you're right... what the hell are they gonna do with smoker?!
Old 2004-07-06, 13:32   Link #97
Kouji
StrykerX

Perhaps stick another lollipop/candy cane up his mouth . Rather than a cigarette. *shudders at the fact* ^_^; Who knows what greusome editing will befall the 4Kids version. Like when it comes time to airing the Kuro/Arlong saga