Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2015-09-12, 08:44   Link #1401
John117xCortana

Whats the problem?
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-12, 10:09   Link #1402
Chibiloli

Does anybody here know if this is Kotobukiya: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00BQ...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 2015-09-12, 17:18   Link #1403
Ikaruga1
Eishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
Whats the problem?
Not sure yet, since I haven't been able to get through to them. I have to wait until Monday rolls around to try contacting them again. All I know is that the tracking lists my packages as "Retention" and from what I've Googled, it means I have to pay charges for customs before they release my packages to me.
Ikaruga1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-12, 17:21   Link #1404
Chibiloli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikaruga1 View Post
Not sure yet, since I haven't been able to get through to them. I have to wait until Monday rolls around to try contacting them again. All I know is that the tracking lists my packages as "Retention" and from what I've Googled, it means I have to pay charges for customs before they release my packages to me.
I have to pay for my packages all the time at the post office whenever they come in, if you ordered from guys like DHL though, you don't need to pay anything.
Old 2015-09-12, 17:48   Link #1405
Ikaruga1
Eishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibiloli View Post
I have to pay for my packages all the time at the post office whenever they come in, if you ordered from guys like DHL though, you don't need to pay anything.
Ah ok, then yeah, maybe that's the case. Like I said though, gotta wait till Monday to try anything.

Quote:
Does anybody here know if this is Kotobukiya: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00BQ...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
To answer your question, from what I saw, it looks to be a Koto, however, the details are super sketchy. The fact that no where on the page does it say Kotobukiya raises a big red flag. I've never encountered Muv-Luv knockoffs before but if I had to pick one out it'd be that. I personally wouldn't take the chance and would instead purchase from a different retailer but it's up to you.
Old 2015-09-12, 17:56   Link #1406
Chibiloli

Quote:
Ah ok, then yeah, maybe that's the case. Like I said though, gotta wait till Monday to try anything.
It's odd though, normally, the post office here delivers to my place and I pay as they arrive, maybe because its the weekend so you'll have to go pick up and pay for it yourself.
Old 2015-09-13, 01:56   Link #1407
nexcal

Quote:
That's a Kotobukiya 1/144 Type-00F Yui and those are the official promotional photos most online retailers use for the product. You can refer to HLJ's page for more information:

http://www.hlj.com/product/KBYKP-287/Sci
nexcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-19, 17:00   Link #1408
Ikaruga1
Eishi

Hello, Hello. I'm back again

After a long and frustrating delay (no thanks to the post office), I have finally obtained the final packages to my haul. It is indeed quite impressive and (dare I say) on par with nexcals and grevierrs collection. Once again I apologize for the wait, I am finally able to deliver Hope you guys enjoy.

Without further ado.

Edit: Well, since my attempt at embedding has failed, here is the direct link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQZjkRM10Cg

Edit 2 Nevermind, got it.

Last edited by Ikaruga1; 2015-09-19 at 17:08. Reason: Embedding problem
Old 2015-09-20, 06:49   Link #1409
nexcal

Quote:
Hello, Hello. I'm back again

After a long and frustrating delay (no thanks to the post office), I have finally obtained the final packages to my haul. It is indeed quite impressive and (dare I say) on par with nexcals and grevierrs collection. Once again I apologize for the wait, I am finally able to deliver Hope you guys enjoy.

Without further ado.

Edit: Well, since my attempt at embedding has failed, here is the direct link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQZjkRM10Cg

Edit 2 Nevermind, got it.
The first thing I noticed was your Youtube avatar. I did not expect to see my handiwork floating around.

Awesome haul dude. Looks like you spent a small fortune (at least by my standards) to get those items. Those are a lot of A3 Takemikazuchis though. I never knew about those Yuuhi figurines as well. A website states that it was released in 2003 but that would mean it came out at the same time as Muv-luv Unlimited/Extra. Is this an error?
Old 2015-09-20, 09:51   Link #1410
Chibiloli

Will there ever be a 1/144 Cerberus Typhoon? I want that big assault cannon.
Old 2015-09-20, 10:41   Link #1411
Ikaruga1
Eishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexcal View Post
The first thing I noticed was your Youtube avatar. I did not expect to see my handiwork floating around.

Awesome haul dude. Looks like you spent a small fortune (at least by my standards) to get those items. Those are a lot of A3 Takemikazuchis though. I never knew about those Yuuhi figurines as well. A website states that it was released in 2003 but that would mean it came out at the same time as Muv-luv Unlimited/Extra. Is this an error?
Haha was wondering if you were going to notice that. Yeah, I was looking up some pics of Takemis to use as a profile pic and stumbled upon yours on deviantart. I thought it was really good and decided to use it I remember the date to be fairly long ago and wondered if you had created more such pieces. To my dismay, that was one of your only works. Did you decide to stop creating?

And thanks, I really did spend a small fortune on it. My bank account is feeling the pain right now. As have been noted many times, I just really love the Takemis haha. Explains why I have so many of 'em. Regarding the figurines, I am most likely using the same source as you are, myfigurecollection right? The Altered Fable one is 2008 and the Imperial Robes one is 2003. Since I have no other source I can't verify whether that information is correct. It does seem odd about the 2003 date though. You are correct in that it would've been released the same time Muv-Luv first came out. Unfortunate to say that there is really no way of knowing for sure though.
Old 2015-09-21, 06:57   Link #1412
nexcal

Quote:
Haha was wondering if you were going to notice that. Yeah, I was looking up some pics of Takemis to use as a profile pic and stumbled upon yours on deviantart. I thought it was really good and decided to use it I remember the date to be fairly long ago and wondered if you had created more such pieces. To my dismay, that was one of your only works. Did you decide to stop creating?

And thanks, I really did spend a small fortune on it. My bank account is feeling the pain right now. As have been noted many times, I just really love the Takemis haha. Explains why I have so many of 'em. Regarding the figurines, I am most likely using the same source as you are, myfigurecollection right? The Altered Fable one is 2008 and the Imperial Robes one is 2003. Since I have no other source I can't verify whether that information is correct. It does seem odd about the 2003 date though. You are correct in that it would've been released the same time Muv-Luv first came out. Unfortunate to say that there is really no way of knowing for sure though.
I did a few more that do not feature the Type-00 and I even started working on one recently but gave up because the photo quality wasn't up to my expectations. I might have to put it on hold till I get a proper DSLR. Too bad because it had a Type-00F Mana in it.

So what's next on the list? The remaining A3 Volks figures?
Old 2015-09-21, 07:27   Link #1413
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Will there ever be a 1/144 Cerberus Typhoon? I want that big assault cannon.
- Doubtful. Most of the unique TSFs that come out have been nonscale kits. Generally they're better quality than the 1/144 series give or take, and I think most ML TSf fans gravitate towards the nonscales. It's only scale-specific psychopaths like myself who go for the 1/144 scale kits (compatible scale with Gunpla).

Koto's 1/144 line has been mostly milking the hell out of the Takemi frame lately. They haven't even announced the release date for the ACTV Eagle they teased 2 years ago. I'd love for them to put out a Raptor or a Typhoon in 1/144 scale but I highly doubt it. What I'm most likely seeing is a lot more Shiranui and Takemi recolors, and hopefully a rerelease of the Strike Eagle (Betting on a Japanese version). Not really seeing many 1/144 ML kits on the horizon, but that would entirely depend on how popular a TV Anime version of Schwarzemarken would do (then we'll be flooded with F-4 variants).

Essentially, any hope for a 1/144 kit of the Typhoon rests solely on whether Euro Front will get an anime adaptation and it gets popular enough for Age to justify asking Koto to build a whole new 1/144 mold. EG any Muv Luve related anime with TSFs had better be at least as popular as Total Eclipse or better, otherwise nobody's going to bother making 1/144 kits of them.

Me, I'm still wishing for a 1/144 Super Hornet, but I know it's never gona happen.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-21, 07:30   Link #1414
Ikaruga1
Eishi

Quote:
I did a few more that do not feature the Type-00 and I even started working on one recently but gave up because the photo quality wasn't up to my expectations. I might have to put it on hold till I get a proper DSLR. Too bad because it had a Type-00F Mana in it.

So what's next on the list? The remaining A3 Volks figures?
WOOT MANA. That scene also looks familiar haha. Yeah, sad to hear your endeavors are on hold, I really do think they're nice I won't be going anywhere soon, so i'll look forward to them.

Funny that you asked. I hadn't really put much thought into it till now. The next logical step would be to obtain the remaining A3s, but that notion i'm putting on the backburner. I had made sure I got at least one of every TSF model, so all i'm really missing are the special variants. In that regard, those aren't a priority to me. The only TSF figures of importance right now are the remaining super rare Mig-21 and Mig-23 to complete my Schwarzemarken set. At this point, my next course of action would be to catch up on character figs and settings books, along with other general merchandise. Off the top of my head, I know I still need the TE Memorial artbook and the last 2 TSFiAs. My collection is ever-growing
Old 2015-09-21, 08:10   Link #1415
nexcal

Quote:
WOOT MANA. That scene also looks familiar haha. Yeah, sad to hear your endeavors are on hold, I really do think they're nice I won't be going anywhere soon, so i'll look forward to them.

Funny that you asked. I hadn't really put much thought into it till now. The next logical step would be to obtain the remaining A3s, but that notion i'm putting on the backburner. I had made sure I got at least one of every TSF model, so all i'm really missing are the special variants. In that regard, those aren't a priority to me. The only TSF figures of importance right now are the remaining super rare Mig-21 and Mig-23 to complete my Schwarzemarken set. At this point, my next course of action would be to catch up on character figs and settings books, along with other general merchandise. Off the top of my head, I know I still need the TE Memorial artbook and the last 2 TSFiAs. My collection is ever-growing
I wanted to emulate the Mana vs Sagiri battle, even though the Type-94 had a weird pose in my photo.

Are you referring to the Garage Kits? I don't think A3 Volks has the 21 or 23 in their line-up of pre-assembled toys. I'm also wondering what's the size/manufacturer of the rare, signed A3 Volks they listed in their prefundia page. They updated the list today:

TSF kits in Signed Boxes with Special Decals - *400$

Choose among the following:
F-22A Raptor
Shiranui Second Phase 3
Takemikazuchi Type-00R
EF-2000 Typhoon
Old 2015-09-21, 19:22   Link #1416
YF19EX

http://prefundia.com/projects/view/m...kstarter/6004/

Well looking at the final backer awards, looks like another Azusa Maxima drawing is out. 3k is a lotta scratch that I can use elsewhere. But for sure I will do the base physical game package at $150 tier.
YF19EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-21, 21:35   Link #1417
Freedomer

Quote:
I'm also wondering what's the size/manufacturer of the rare, signed A3 Volks they listed in their prefundia page.
There are just standard Kotobukiya model kits.

Quote:
The kits are Kotobukiya ones, we're sorry we couldn't find rares, and making exclusives were impossible in the timeframe and the creators advised against it. We're gonna keep it though for people interested in getting signed boxes
FAIL
Freedomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-22, 00:40   Link #1418
Ikaruga1
Eishi

Quote:
I wanted to emulate the Mana vs Sagiri battle, even though the Type-94 had a weird pose in my photo.

Are you referring to the Garage Kits? I don't think A3 Volks has the 21 or 23 in their line-up of pre-assembled toys. I'm also wondering what's the size/manufacturer of the rare, signed A3 Volks they listed in their prefundia page. They updated the list today:

TSF kits in Signed Boxes with Special Decals - *400$

Choose among the following:
F-22A Raptor
Shiranui Second Phase 3
Takemikazuchi Type-00R
EF-2000 Typhoon
Ah yes, you are correct, that is what I meant to say, garage kits. I was also hyped to see the updated list put out. It seems that the TSF kits were exactly what I expected--Kotos. Makes me feel at ease about my A3 collection now. My attention is more focused on the other goodies that are available
Old 2015-09-22, 07:51   Link #1419
nexcal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedomer View Post
There are just standard Kotobukiya model kits.

FAIL
That does suck when they're asking for a $150 premium just to get a regular product signed by Kouki. For a minute there, I thought it was gonna be a rare A3 Volks Shiranui Phase 3.

They should've just included a translated Integral Works as one of the stretch goals and offer it as a backer reward. I don't mind paying a premium for that.

Last edited by nexcal; 2015-09-22 at 08:46.
Old 2015-09-22, 10:13   Link #1420
Freedomer

Quote:
a rare A3 Volks Shiranui Phase 3
"Rare", LOL. A3 Volks Shiranui Phase 3 doesn't even exist.
Freedomer is offline   Reply With Quote