AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black II OAD - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 15 34.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 23.26%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 23.26%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 4.65%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 11.63%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-01, 01:55   Link #1
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Darker Than Black II OAD - Episode 3 Discussion Thread

New episode is out, discuss!
Old 2010-06-01, 01:56   Link #2
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Can we get a poll? If you make me do it, I'll leave a lasting mark with my sense of creativity.
Old 2010-06-01, 02:01   Link #3
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Can we get a poll? If you make me do it, I'll leave a lasting mark with my sense of creativity.
Sure thing, was making it as you posted.
Old 2010-06-01, 07:13   Link #4
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

This episode just flew by. Felt like it lasted 5 minutes or something.

Seriously good though. Best scene has to be Yin's tears followed by the baby' appearance. Pretty powerful scene overall.

Looks like we see the beginning works of Hobo Hei in the preview for episode four , along with the return of the black reaper outfit.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2010-06-01 at 07:28.
Old 2010-06-01, 09:33   Link #5
Forever
Revealing the truth

Yup shiroth took the words out of my mouth. It really felt so short. It is going to be miserable waiting for 04.
Old 2010-06-01, 09:41   Link #6
kitten320

I'm a bit lost, was it Yin who killed everyone ot that hair coloured dude?
Old 2010-06-01, 14:38   Link #7
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I'm a bit lost, was it Yin who killed everyone ot that hair coloured dude?
I think it was Yin/Izanami, since the baby (who isn't a contractor) was left alive. Plus, none of the bodies had any apparent wounds.

Great episode. I have to agree with Shiroth about that Yin scene being the best. As I expected, Amagiri didn't survive one episode lol. At least he died standing like a true badass.
Old 2010-06-01, 15:12   Link #8
Thoguht

I'm increasingly impressed with this OAD series because of the amount of suspense it can create despite us all knowing what's going to happen in the end. And talking of "knowing", is it just me, but is Yin getting, well, more knowing (I suppose I mean "sexual")?
Old 2010-06-01, 17:01   Link #9
Gono

Exact opposite opinion for me. I am extremely disappointed in this episode and pretty angry about the long, expectant wait and lead up until its release. This episode broke the golden rule of T.V., "Show, don't tell" over and over again. There was some suspense and slow drama, but the majority of the episode just felt like fluff which would be excusable as an on air series, but not an OVA. I really don't think we learned anything season two hadn't already told us.

The entire episode in a nutshell:
Spoiler:
Old 2010-06-01, 19:05   Link #10
Sakabatou77

I thought it dragged on with all the dialogue in it. There weren't any fight scenes until the end, and that was brief.
Old 2010-06-02, 15:16   Link #11
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Everytime Izanami/Yin's power is revealed, I can't help but feel how out of place it is. DtB started out as an Asian James Bond type of anime, with contractors employed by power organizations dueling each other with cool but not hacks powers.

And now we get an evolved doll who can make contractors kill themselves (taking out awesome action sequences) named after a Goddess of Creation.

What.
Old 2010-06-02, 16:55   Link #12
u43368
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvianWing View Post
Everytime Izanami/Yin's power is revealed, I can't help but feel how out of place it is. DtB started out as an Asian James Bond type of anime, with contractors employed by power organizations dueling each other with cool but not hacks powers.

And now we get an evolved doll who can make contractors kill themselves (taking out awesome action sequences) named after a Goddess of Creation.

What.
Pretty much how I feel.

I miss season 1.
Old 2010-06-02, 17:41   Link #13
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yes that was slow .

Anyway , Yin's new outfit was nice .

Izanami next .
Old 2010-06-02, 17:55   Link #14
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvianWing View Post

What.
Hmm, I'm always think DtB will go to sci-fi route from the first I'm watch it, mainly because the mystery of Hell Gate Origin and all the stuff, and the ending of s1 clearly show what kind of story Okamura Tensai want to create.

Btw comment for the episode, really good episode plot-wise and make RnG have more depth again.
Old 2010-06-03, 10:23   Link #15
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

What exactly was the whole Amagiri thing about. I mean i get that he was dead but why was he still standing up?
Old 2010-06-03, 12:14   Link #16
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
What exactly was the whole Amagiri thing about. I mean i get that he was dead but why was he still standing up?
I doubt there are any reasons besides trying to make him look cool. Not sure why he of all people got such a treatment. Not sure why they even bothered to bring him back from the grave in the first place.
Old 2010-06-03, 16:28   Link #17
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I doubt there are any reasons besides trying to make him look cool. Not sure why he of all people got such a treatment. Not sure why they even bothered to bring him back from the grave in the first place.
It did seem kind of pointless, though i guess it was easier then creating a new character just for this episode. Bringing someone back from the series that knows Hei saves them a lot of time.
Old 2010-06-04, 18:09   Link #18
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Spoiler for Ending:

The events in this series make Hei the most important man on Earth. He's just not a guy who inherited powers from his sister and is just thrust into this.

What the hell is he? He's not a contractor. He's more than human. Inazami only spoke out to Yin when Hei was near. Yin, Bai, and Amber are three chicks who were involved in his life and acquired immense powers beyond their potential, it seems. Suou and July were evolving in front of his eyes. A living meteor fragment? It seems like he may been born a power, a different sort of power.

Last edited by mechalord; 2010-06-04 at 18:49.
Old 2010-06-04, 19:23   Link #19
Equidistant

@mechalord - Everything we've been shown would indicate that Hei is just a guy who's been thrust into this. It's Bai's power that is on another level. Hei is really just a human given contractor powers by his sister. Amber only worked with Hei when he was still human and Bai was still alive, so Hei never affected her. As for Yin, this episode implies that it's not so much Hei's unique power which is causing her to evolve, for Yin's feelings for Hei. The same could be said of July's evolution in relation to Suou.

Your theory would be a nice development, but with the future of DtB unknown, and with all the stuff they've never explained, I doubt they'll reveal something that big in the last OVA ep.
Old 2010-06-04, 19:59   Link #20
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
[spoiler="Ending"]Claude has a conversation with his partner. It's implied his intentions are quite nefarious. Claude and the dog have orders to kill Yin. Claude expresses his reluctance to do so, as he believes her awakening could give contractors the world to themselves. The dog reminds Claude that Madame Oreille told them that contractors are merely humans who couldn't fully transform into dolls. Yin's evolution is what was intended from the start. Contractors are no better than humans. Both are defective. So Yin has to be killed to save everyone.
Woaahhh, did not pick that up when I watched it but that would actually make sense in the DtB world. And that info would help "end" the story as well, that would cut out a lot of the explanations no one has and explains why the director (or, someone, I remember reading before) thought the story was over after DtB2.
Closed Thread