AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-06, 00:39   Link #3401
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbo3d View Post
The reason Sakurai talks to Tatsuya while Aoki doesn't is not because some status or rule. She is a nice person while Aoki is very conceited.
It's not that. It's the fact that She seems to have been doing this for quite a while and even Miyuki finds it strange and doesn't belive he should be adressed like he is but apearently Miya does nothing about it. It just raises a flag that maybe we really aren't seeing the whole picture since nearly all the info about what happend is comeing from the biased point of veiw of children.

Ever since thier father showed up in volume 3 I've started to wonder if it might be possable that if what was done to Tats might not have been done to protect him. Even The siblings father's repeated offering of Tats a job could be seen as trying to allow him to be free to do something that he has shown an intrest in if not enjoyment.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2013-03-06, 03:06   Link #3402
CatRules
Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by setsuna86 View Post
In this forum, I always read that either Mayumi will become Tatsuya´s "parvati" or Minami.
Then what about Honoka?
I think Honoka is highly probable to become Tatsuya´s partner than Mayumi or Minami.
If there is on eperson that Miyuki can accept as Tatsuya´s partner, it´s Honoka.
Don´t you think?

Well, if you are talking about life partner, then I give you my opinion.

Spoiler for My opinion:
Old 2013-03-06, 03:24   Link #3403
henzaeroz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatRules View Post
Well, if you are talking about life partner, then I give you my opinion.

Spoiler for My opinion:

Spoiler for errr:
Old 2013-03-06, 03:37   Link #3404
CatRules
Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzaeroz View Post
Spoiler for errr:

She might or might not. We don't know, only the author knows.
Old 2013-03-06, 04:53   Link #3405
malason13
Forsaken

Quote:
I hope she doesn't die. She is a good girl.

The Beloved Occult Research Club

Old 2013-03-06, 05:06   Link #3406
Mentar
Banned

Not sure about that. So far, the story has been ridicilously Mary Sue-style. The heroes and heroines don't merely win, they utterly dominate. In the 9 schools tournament, Tatsuya's girls don't concede a single loss. The only scene where one could argue something bad happened in the Yokohama arc (the bad injury of Isori and Kirihara) was used to demonstrate Tatsuya's healer ability.

As much as I love the story, it is totally unbalanced. Truly bad things just don't happen, and killing characters would require a huge change of atmosphere. Not saying that it's completely inconceivable, but to do it in a believable way, the story style would have to change a lot.
Old 2013-03-06, 05:24   Link #3407
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Well they said that the scorched halloween was the dawn of magic age.. Which means that after that day, the age of magic will change greatly than before. This might lead to many magic encounter that might change the overall story later.

Old 2013-03-06, 05:35   Link #3408
henzaeroz

Quote:
hahah agree with you, only the author knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malason13 View Post
I hope she doesn't die. She is a good girl.
especially because she is a good girl

Nice Persons Die First

Last edited by henzaeroz; 2013-03-06 at 09:26.
Old 2013-03-06, 06:45   Link #3409
chancs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Well they said that the scorched halloween was the dawn of magic age.. Which means that after that day, the age of magic will change greatly than before. This might lead to many magic encounter that might change the overall story later.
The web novel certainly shows unearthly things in the subsequent arcs
Old 2013-03-06, 09:32   Link #3410
malason13
Forsaken

Quote:
hahah agree with you, only the author knows.

especially because she is a good girl

Nice Persons Die First
You......
Do you dislike Honoka?

The Beloved Occult Research Club

Old 2013-03-06, 09:59   Link #3411
henzaeroz

Quote:
Originally Posted by malason13 View Post
You......
Do you dislike Honoka?
no, i don't dislike her.

Spoiler:
Old 2013-03-06, 10:04   Link #3412
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Not sure about that. So far, the story has been ridicilously Mary Sue-style. The heroes and heroines don't merely win, they utterly dominate. In the 9 schools tournament, Tatsuya's girls don't concede a single loss. The only scene where one could argue something bad happened in the Yokohama arc (the bad injury of Isori and Kirihara) was used to demonstrate Tatsuya's healer ability.

As much as I love the story, it is totally unbalanced. Truly bad things just don't happen, and killing characters would require a huge change of atmosphere. Not saying that it's completely inconceivable, but to do it in a believable way, the story style would have to change a lot.
My expectation (rightly or wrongly) is that these first arcs set them up as powerful but, particularly in Tatsuya's case, flawed characters. Most of the protagonists are children and Tatsuya, despite his worldly experience, lacks empathy. In direct confrontations of strength, he will dominate, however even he acknowledges strength/power itself is not enough in certain circumstances.

My speculation is that the overriding "world plots" re: Yotsuba, Ten Families, Political Situation vis-a-vis Great Asia Alliance & USNA, etc. cannot be dealt with purely through power. We'll likely see some conflicts emerge that can't be disintegrated away.. at least I hope so!
Old 2013-03-06, 10:20   Link #3413
fujin of shadows

Art!

I would like to thank Shinryū for this wonderful art..........................That guy oozes talent......

Old 2013-03-06, 10:21   Link #3414
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Wow those are pretty good
Old 2013-03-06, 10:33   Link #3415
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:

It's funny using the term 'normal high-school life', considering how much the story intertwines the daily musings of these high school students with the 'greater forces', be it academia, military or nobility...

But that imbalance is part of the story. While both parts are interlinked, there is a clear distinction between the two sides of Tatsuya's life, where he's a 'student', and the other, where he's a 'soldier.'

The story of Mahouka hasn't exactly crossed the line where the two sides of Tatsuya's life are blurred and melded beyond separation. People are trying their darnest to break that, but... he's holding the line.

Until then, I don't foresee anything 'bad' happening to the 'School Life' characters in a way that completely shifts the story.

The benefit of Mahouka's setting is that should the above happen, and Tatsuya literally drags everyone from the 'School Life' into his dark and dangerous world, it would be a smooth transition... for most parts.

But of course, there is always the possibility Mahouka will remain like a superhero story, and forever draw a distinct line between Tatsuya's story as a 'Strategic Magician, tool of the Yotsuba' and 'Shiba Tatsuya, excellent top-tier student with a flaw.'

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2013-03-06, 10:44   Link #3416
Mentar
Banned

Doesn't change the fact that the Author is banking hard on the "omniscient/omnipotent" angle. I mean, look at the Yokohama arc: Several hundred troops including several magical heavyweights attack. Total loss on the side of the heroes: Zero. Yes, zero. We're shown how they creatively use magic for their purposes - nice. Do we see how the enemy creatively uses magic for their purposes? No, at least, not successfully. Miyuki wins. Honoka wins. Mayumi didn't even concede a single point (!) during the tournament. It's win win win win.

And with this kind of storytelling, I have big problems seeing a proper balanced drama developing. Sorry. Nope

This is - in my opinion - the biggest glaring weakness of the show. A bit more "hey, the opponents have skills and succeed in some parts, too" would definitely help. Until then, I can't see anyone of real relevance die.
Old 2013-03-06, 10:45   Link #3417
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

^^ I agree about how imbalanced this series is. You can say things like they're not omnipotent or there are many strong people the author doesn't write about in that world but the fact that the protagonist side always dominates kind of ruins the show for me. Why hadn't Japan set out to conquer the world with their ridiculous overpowered magicians already?

And seriously, the military of an entire nation fears a single family and doesn't want to lay their hand on them (while invading the country where said family belongs to)? Just how powerful is the clan in East Asia?

Quote:
her character reminds me of Hare from Guilty Crown,

or probably Shirley and Rolo from Code Geass
No, you forgot one important thing. Those two guys (Lelouch and Shuu) while they act like celibate heroes most of the time, they are in fact very delicate characters and always in angst and wimpy. Lelouch might seem like Tatsuya at first but they're completely different. Tatsuya is someone who'll get mad if something happened to his sister and slightly upset if the same thing happened to his friends. I think he'd be angry if Honoka died, but that's it.
Old 2013-03-06, 10:46   Link #3418
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
No, you forgot one important thing. Those two guys (Lelouch and Shuu) while they act like celibate heroes most of the time, they are in fact very delicate characters and always in angst and wimpy. Lelouch might seem like Tatsuya at first but they're completely different. Tatsuya is someone who'll get mad if something happened to his sister and slightly upset if the same thing happened to his friends. I think he'd be angry if Honoka died, but that's it.
Yeah, but if Honoka or their other friends dying angers Miyuki, then he'll get really angry on her behalf! It's kind of circular in that regard.
Old 2013-03-06, 10:51   Link #3419
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
It's win win win win.
I'll agree that with the Yokohama arc, it was... bit too much of a picture perfect execution.

The win win win in the NST was still okay... though I personally really disliked the excessive humiliation of the men's team during the Nine School's Tournament... since it was obviously made so just to show how awesome Tatsuya was.

Quote:
And with this kind of storytelling, I have big problems seeing a proper balanced drama developing. Sorry. Nope
That's what Leo is for!

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2013-03-06, 10:54   Link #3420
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I'll agree that with the Yokohama arc, it was... bit too much of a picture perfect execution.
Yeah, I admit I really felt let down that it didn't seem like any students died -- it was a real battlefield. There should have been some losses (aside from Tatsuya being Jesus(tm)) that were real and lasting.

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings