AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-03-31, 06:11   Link #41081
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ It's canon

she used ShenLong for gunboat diplomacy

(Which shouldn't work in TLR Stratos, and it only worked because Dan allow her for the lulz, despite everyone's protest)
Old 2013-03-31, 06:16   Link #41082
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

So that's how... I don't think we ever got a specific name of the poor soul who got threatened so I might take another liberty with that part.
Old 2013-03-31, 06:35   Link #41083
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I take the liberty myself

Sacred Twins' next chapter deal with the consequences, mainly her being alienated and not getting proper respect, with few having actual grudge, and her reaction to that.

TLR Stratos went with different route. Dan -as the current class rep- let Lingyin took the position to show her how underpowered she is in her fight against Uber!Ichika (remember, everyone else had at least 2 years training, she barely get half a year), although Yui accused him for being lenient because Lingyin is his childhood friend (actually, it's a bit of both)
Old 2013-03-31, 06:50   Link #41084
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Curbstomping M is probably a bad idea huh... I should run that =))

Well I was reminded of it at least.

EDIT: Again, new grunt units for PT as based off ReZel defenser B units... for some reason I am questioning the capability of the cast to combat even 1 of these.

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2013-03-31 at 07:00.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 07:35   Link #41085
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Speaking of M, funny how I actually thought about having this kind of scene:

Halphas Bose is M(or any bigger villain), Balbadoro is a... some monster transforming satellite which I actually thought of including as a major plot item for Athena.
Old 2013-03-31, 07:38   Link #41086
Eratas123

So, anything new lately?
Old 2013-03-31, 07:40   Link #41087
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Nothing but "new" itself for the past few pages, I'm afraid.
Old 2013-03-31, 07:51   Link #41088
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@stratos: Well that was crazy. Though I approve haha.

@eras: Not really. As usual, Stratos is active, jak is sulky, zero is absent but updating his work like mad... at least in his computer and I'm still stuck on what might be's and what I wish'es.
Old 2013-03-31, 08:04   Link #41089
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Active and on hiatus. Conflicting but that's how it is for me

While I don't really want to exaggerate reactions and blow things way out of proportion... What's the best case scenario (read: most peaceful) for an ISA student if she outright declares that she already has a boyfriend? And the thing is that this declaration falls into the ears of those who are already on a manhunt for one. That one.
Old 2013-03-31, 08:06   Link #41090
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ The answer would be asking 5W 1H (no really)

It's half curious question and half interrogation, that's about as peaceful as you could get.

----------------------

Hmmm, I felt TLR!Ichika is quite... flat

He got the skill, he got the awesome action, but... no engaging backstory? I could've always play with orphan card, which is a good idea, but I still somehow can flesh him out. Mirror verse is one chapter and I already felt he's on the right path to go, Sacred Twins version is halfway there, but TLR Stratos version is even more bland than canon.

I need someone to discuss about this comprehensively, so if anyone willing to join, I'll be grateful.
Old 2013-03-31, 08:10   Link #41091
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@stratos: Bombardment of questions on what the boyfriend is like. How they met. Advice on how to snag one. Where would be the best place to meet a guy. hmmmm

@zero: well Ichika there is flat because he holds the answer to everything. His heroic sacrifices turn into badass awesome moments where it turns out he's sacrificing something abstract and he seems to brush off anyway. Things like humanity, kindness and such which he eventually comes back and picks up the pieces for without any form of shame of being a hypocrite and whatnot. At least that's how I see it.
Old 2013-03-31, 08:20   Link #41092
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ I suppose you refer to Sacred Twins version there, which is exactly what I want to portray. He's a walking deus machina, appearing in the right place and time, despite what he did is wrong when faced with common sense... and he knew. But at the very least, he has inner conflict. The crossover version? hardly.

I have several unposted crossover chapter and as I reread it again, Ichika there just... GAAAH!!

I'll hiatus for real, if not declare FUBAR and pulled the fic outright
Old 2013-03-31, 08:25   Link #41093
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well as far as I could tell they seem to be pretty similar. Or every single Ichika scene I've read from you comes from ST.
Old 2013-03-31, 09:49   Link #41094
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Some important snippet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lingyin
"I wonder... should I just resign?"

The other girls snorted in response and waved lightly "Are you kidding? Why should you?"

"I dunno, it's just that" I looked at that girl, Mari, it was her name. The chaos yesterday remind me that while I'm used to be a victim, I'm not above being the perpetrator either.

"Don't be so irresponsible" her eyes narrowed, her voice dripping with anger "Don't make yourself stoop even lower than now..."

"I knew, which is why I asked"

Using my I.S. as bargain, is not something with semblance of responsibility either. Why I even care

"No you don't, but I suppose I should apologize" she sighed, I can feel that her rage slipped away, the void in her emotion now filled with guilt and shame "I'm irresponsible myself... and a coward... please forgive me..."

I said nothing when Mari left, the rest of the

Did she even have a choice? Would that choice make a difference, considering how much of an insufferable witch I am back then?

"Regardless, you bear the position now, don't even think of running away, the world did not revolves around you" other girl spat and went after her.

Funny think, apparently back then, I used to think so, even if subconsciously....

"But you have responsibility to fill, that means people revolves around you, don't make them disappointed again"

I blinked, the girl had disappeared, but now I understand. For some reason, I felt my guilt slipping away... or rather, sunk deeper inside and lay dormant. I felt I have to do something...

Now I understand why Ichika complained that he never got his karma. It's not the punishment that's important, but the message behind it.

A sense of enlightenment, so you can carve a better future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles
Why did I even bother? Is this feelings really true? Is there's any reason why I like her? Is this mere a sign of sympathy corrupted by my personal thirst for attention?

"Charles"

"What it is, Ichika?"

".... as much as I hate Bodewig, something about her... her hatred, her misery... I can feel it bottled up, and no matter what happened before she's our classmate, my friend"

...I see...

Disregard my clouded feeling, there's only one thing that's clear.

I want her to open her eyes and see the world, not the sheltered, bland life of a soldier. The world is cruel, but even then, you will never feel true happiness if you don't open your heart to it...

If her happiness meant Orimura-sensei's acceptance, then she doing it wrong. Orimura-sensei never looked up such attitude either...

It's doesn't even matter that I'm a filthy traitor anymore, nothing about my feelings is a lie. This fight is not about you, but I want you to understand... you cannot always blame everything on other people!

"OPEN YOUR EYES! BODEWIG!"
Old 2013-03-31, 09:56   Link #41095
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

That's rather heavy. Though I may not understand the plot that it revolves around but damn that sounded heavy.
Old 2013-03-31, 10:04   Link #41096
demino_hellsin
That one guy

the first draft, I can understand the emotion. Though the writing and word flow make it feel somewhat disjointed. Overall I like the message.

for the second. I'm not quite sure. The character growth is odd in that you take a direction where Laura takes solace in the fact she is only a weapon. Her hatred is her only source of stability and that Charles is trying to comprehend that while Ichika just wants Laura to change for the better. I guess I'm just biased against this angle but it seems kind of odd. Despite being a soldier you see her as sheltered and bland. Though the best words that you can tell her are Celty's words from Durararara --- "No matter what you think. The world isn't as cruel as you paint it."
Old 2013-03-31, 10:15   Link #41097
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Heavy heavy, so heavy that I decided to write this part pre-maturely:

Spoiler for Engagement:
Old 2013-03-31, 10:39   Link #41098
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
That's rather heavy. Though I may not understand the plot that it revolves around but damn that sounded heavy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
the first draft, I can understand the emotion. Though the writing and word flow make it feel somewhat disjointed. Overall I like the message.
Yeah, it's supposed to be bittersweet. Everyone is willing to tolerate her, mind you, Lingyin is bullied and shunned for years. A honest acceptance is infinitely better than false prejudice.

Oh and Stratos, that plot... it's more awesome than it should. Really, you're really excellent at dropping subtle hammer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
for the second. I'm not quite sure. The character growth is odd in that you take a direction where Laura takes solace in the fact she is only a weapon. Her hatred is her only source of stability and that Charles is trying to comprehend that while Ichika just wants Laura to change for the better. I guess I'm just biased against this angle but it seems kind of odd. Despite being a soldier you see her as sheltered and bland. Though the best words that you can tell her are Celty's words from Durararara --- "No matter what you think. The world isn't as cruel as you paint it."
What Charles refer to is Laura's inability to listen, this happened in the end of V2 arc. Until that point, Charles tried so hard to befriend Laura, and Ichika did not respond to Laura's aggression with violence anymore, but with neutral compassion.

But Laura never accept any explanation, EVER, only her own interpretation or anything. The only one she'll listen is Chifuyu... which is not different than canon, Chifuyu is figuratively mute. Which bring us the necessary evil: talk through the fist. or in this case, highly freudian jackhammer.

To be fair, the 'Innovator/Newtype' scene is just as important, with Laura seeing her own actions and the aftermath... from other people's view, and vice versa.
Old 2013-03-31, 10:41   Link #41099
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Pretty sure that third quote isn't from me.
Old 2013-03-31, 10:43   Link #41100
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

adjpjwoqdflHAOJQWFMNASW

Sorry, kinda sleepy.

But my point still stand, I like how you bring a very normal romance drama into the trainwreck harem that is Infinite Stratos, while making it sounds engaging.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest