AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2017-04-18, 08:55   Link #5301
GDB

English doesn't really have an equivalent word. The closest English has is a tone of speech (or the "way" you say it).
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-30, 14:35   Link #5302
SKP2017

^ Who needs English anyway! UK don't even exist! It's called Brexiland now!
Old 2017-07-30, 15:00   Link #5303
bakato

I got a quick question. How was Rin trying to summon Saber? She didn't have a catalyst and for some reason she chose to wait until the last minute to do the summoning.
Old 2017-07-30, 18:26   Link #5304
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

https://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%2002/

Quote:
"…Servants are attracted to symbols.
If you want to summon a strong Servant, you need something that has a connection to that Servant."
In other words, a sword, armor, talisman, bone of that Servant, or something like that… something valuable beyond belief.

"…I was hoping there'd be something like that in Father's will, but… No, this is a great trump card too. But still…"
The pendant I found last night in the basement is one of the best Artifacts in its class.
It's great in its own way.
It's great, but it won't help me to summon my servant.

"…Huh! It's fine. I can do it without help from that sort of thing. After all, there can't exist any Masters capable of handling Saber other than myself."

All right, I've decided.
I don't want to make Kirei complain any more by postponing it any longer, and it's not like me to wait until the last second.
It'll come down to just trying it.
I'll face the summoning tonight with full power and obtain Saber by force…!
By sheer brute force and being overconfident that she can get Saber.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-30, 21:46   Link #5305
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
https://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%2002/

By sheer brute force and being overconfident that she can get Saber.
Thanks! That's been bugging me for a while now.
Old 2017-07-31, 02:58   Link #5306
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

The key here is that she was wrong and she was never going to get Saber. The only reason Archer even showed up is because of a causal loop that turned the pendant into a catalyst for summoning him.

Well, that, and her summons that basically translates to "get over here, dammit!". No regular hero would answer such a summons.

She's a good magus but I don't think she understands summoning etiquette.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-31, 04:55   Link #5307
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
The key here is that she was wrong and she was never going to get Saber. The only reason Archer even showed up is because of a causal loop that turned the pendant into a catalyst for summoning him.

Well, that, and her summons that basically translates to "get over here, dammit!". No regular hero would answer such a summons.

She's a good magus but I don't think she understands summoning etiquette.
Spoiler for Unlimited Blade Works:
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-31, 17:14   Link #5308
GDB

It's stated that she will always summon Archer because he himself holds the catalyst that is linked to Rin.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-01, 03:58   Link #5309
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It's stated that she will always summon Archer because he himself holds the catalyst that is linked to Rin.
Old 2017-08-03, 22:09   Link #5310
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
Spoiler for UBW:
Old 2017-08-07, 03:23   Link #5311
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Also it's unclear exactly how or on what grounds the grail chooses masters.

I mean most of the time we just see people choosing to be masters and then doing the ritual and getting the command seals afterwards. Although there are some instances of them getting the command seals earlier? I don't particularly recall. I do recall that even Shirou ended up performing such a ritual by complete accident, although I think his Command Seals were already beginning to manifest earlier that day. But it's possible that if the ritual isn't carried out correctly, and there are other suitable candidates, then maybe Tohsaka wouldn't have been chosen at all? Now, this is highly unlikely because of the rather 99.9999% chance of Archer appearing anyway, but still, I don't think the 'selection process' has ever been elaborated upon. I don't think there has ever been a summoning without any ritual whatsoever?
Old 2017-08-07, 04:17   Link #5312
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Also it's unclear exactly how or on what grounds the grail chooses masters.

I mean most of the time we just see people choosing to be masters and then doing the ritual and getting the command seals afterwards. Although there are some instances of them getting the command seals earlier? I don't particularly recall. I do recall that even Shirou ended up performing such a ritual by complete accident, although I think his Command Seals were already beginning to manifest earlier that day. But it's possible that if the ritual isn't carried out correctly, and there are other suitable candidates, then maybe Tohsaka wouldn't have been chosen at all? Now, this is highly unlikely because of the rather 99.9999% chance of Archer appearing anyway, but still, I don't think the 'selection process' has ever been elaborated upon. I don't think there has ever been a summoning without any ritual whatsoever?
We do know that when the Grail has chosen a master he gives them command seals. Only when a master has commands seals is he/she able to summon a servant.
Old 2017-08-07, 05:19   Link #5313
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

That said, it seems the grail isn't very selective. Seems to accept almost any who apply, as well as some who don't.
Old 2017-08-07, 12:57   Link #5314
Tenzen12

I am pretty sure three Fuyuki magi clans have their spot reserved right from the bat. They created whole ritual for their own goal and other four magi are just extras to get it work after all.

Anyway there is no hard rule whether ritual or command spells comes first, it's pretty much case by case.
Old 2017-08-23, 07:16   Link #5315
phishmeister68

I think Heracles' Godhand's immunity to previous attack is misunderstood. I also have a problem with Nasu dropping new lore after the game is out.

From the wiki page, you can find he said that Godhand does not have a conceptual effect where he's immune to previous attack but rather gets an increase in defense. This is paired with his "technique of the sword" skill, combined the two and that's how it works.

Then from Lancer's page, he said Lancer has a chance against Berserker because Lancer can use runes to upgrade his B rank NP to A. But he also said that weapons with conceptual effects are in a different category. You know what I'm trying to say?

He also said that Alter Saber beats Heracles, so that gives you some idea how Godhand works.

So personally, I think Heracles can die 12 times from Excalibur and Gae Bolg. And I'm picking the side of B rank Gae Bolg.
phishmeister68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-16, 22:56   Link #5316
bakato

Question about Apocrypha.

It just occurred to me that if destroying the grail was an option then why didn't Sieg just use his breath attack after turning into Fafnir instead of flying away with it?
Old 2018-02-17, 05:12   Link #5317
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Not enough firepower perhaps. A clash of two NPs that Jeanne and Amakusa used was only able to partially damage it. La Pucelle and Twin Arm Big Crunch boast high firepower, the latter being hooked on the Grail himself to power it and it only damaged it with the spectators Sieg and Shakes still alive. Before Dragon Sieg can destroy it it would have activated already.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-17, 20:11   Link #5318
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
Not enough firepower perhaps. A clash of two NPs that Jeanne and Amakusa used was only able to partially damage it. La Pucelle and Twin Arm Big Crunch boast high firepower, the latter being hooked on the Grail himself to power it and it only damaged it with the spectators Sieg and Shakes still alive. Before Dragon Sieg can destroy it it would have activated already.
Anime really screwed up there.

From You of nrvnqsr

Quote:
Jeanne goes all ~ I am the bone of my Lord.
Shakespere's like "dude, that's a reality marble"
Shirou's like "shit shit shit shit,"
He plugs into Greater Grail and in a Nine Lives Blade Works moment makes a black hole equivalent thing. But like Mcjon says who am I to differ between a black hole and a black hole equivalent.
It sucks up most of the flame which is supposed to be like more than 1000x the magical energy of a magus. But the Grail is still more than 80% damaged cos the flame didn't get fully sucked up but it's still okay enough to Third Magic.
Then like half of Shirou's body is wrecked and he can't use his right arm anymore. That's when he first shows a true emotion, being grateful the Grail was saved.
The damage Shirou suffered rendered him unable to use any more of magic shit, setting him up for Sieg.

La Pucelle is a subtype of Reality Marble and if you remember UBW it has a 10 aria chant which the anime also skipped.

Credits to the You again.

Quote:
諸天は主の栄光に。大空は御手の業に"
Glory to God our Lord. The heavens are the work of Your hands.
"昼は言葉を伝え、夜は知識を告げる"
Convey us Your Word at noon, Inform us of Your Knowledge at dusk
"話すことも語ることもなく、声すらも聞こえないのに"
There is nothing to say, nothing to tell where Your Voice cannot be heard.
"暖かな光は遍く全地に、果ての果てまで届いて"
Spread Your warm light until it reaches the ends of the Earth,
"天の果てから上って、天の果てまで巡る"
Rising from one end of the heavens, making its circuit to the other ."
"我が心は我が内側で熱し、思い続けるほどに燃ゆる"
My heart has made me feverish, and I keep thinking enough to burn.
"我が終わりは此処に。我が命数を此処に。我が命の儚さを此処に"
My end is here. My destiny is here. My mortality is here"
"我が生は無に等しく、影のように彷徨い歩く"
My life is nothing, drifting like a shadow.
"我が弓は頼めず、我が剣もまた我を救えず"
My bow cannot be called on, my sword also cannot save me
"残された唯一つの物を以て、彼の歩みを守らせ給え"
With the only thing left, protect that advance.
"主よ、この身を委ねます―"
O'Lord I entrust this body to you-

L'espoir vient apres desespoir
Old 2018-02-21, 01:09   Link #5319
-gold-

i had a dumb question about fate as a whole, in any series of fate has their ever been a true happy ending or are they at best bitter sweet?

i wanna say prisma will end happily but im not sure if its cannon :/
-gold- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-21, 05:07   Link #5320
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Every route ended in an uplifting tone. I think somewhere along the way everything also became de facto canon because parallel universes. Not sure about that though, I haven't closely followed how Nasuverse developed for a decade now.