Notices

Old 2012-02-17, 14:45   Link #7021
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
Didn't he said your girlfriend?
Or was it translator error?
translator error. It was stated more then once she Kumagawa's girlfriend.

the actual translation on c71 p15

Kumagawa: Congratulations on your return
Kumagawa: How was it?
Kumagawa: You haven't seen her in a long time.
Zenki: huh?
Zenki: Her?
Zenki: What are you talking about?

i have no idea where the translator got Girlfriend form.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2012-02-17 at 15:16.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 14:55   Link #7022
Soji

^You're sure I recall he say she was his vice preside but I don't recall about being his girlfriend O_o
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 15:15   Link #7023
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
^You're sure I recall he say she was his vice preside but I don't recall about being his girlfriend O_o
i might have been wrong but i thought it was infer form c81 that she was kumagawa's girlfriend.
Old 2012-02-17, 15:17   Link #7024
Gundamx

In raw he said "The girlfriend you didn't meet in long time"
久し振りに会った彼女は
Though I do remember him saying that he love her.

Edit: You mean c81?

Edit2: Don't you just love Japanese? 彼女 mean girlfriend but also mean her/she....
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 15:23   Link #7025
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
In raw he said "The girlfriend you didn't meet in long time"
久し振りに会った彼女は
Though I do remember him saying that he love her.

Edit: You mean c81?

Edit2: Don't you just love Japanese? 彼女 mean girlfriend but also mean her/she....
她 (she) was the word use in the Chinese scan. I tend think that would have been closer to the correct meaning then girlfriend.
Old 2012-02-17, 15:26   Link #7026
Soji

True. but still we only know that kumagawa love her but not what she feeling at that time or now. Hell for now we know that kumagawa want to defeat her.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 15:41   Link #7027
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i might have been wrong but i thought it was infer form c81 that she was kumagawa's girlfriend.
It wasn't really infered that that she reciprocated his feelings. It simply said Kumagawa liked her then wondered if he liked her if she didn't have a face and then took her face. Why are we talking about Kumagawa's word's anyway it's completely pointless, dudes a compulsive liar, nothing he says should be taken at face value especially back then
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 16:05   Link #7028
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
It wasn't really infered that that she reciprocated his feelings. It simply said Kumagawa liked her then wondered if he liked her if she didn't have a face and then took her face. Why are we talking about Kumagawa's word's anyway it's completely pointless, dudes a compulsive liar, nothing he says should be taken at face value especially back then
There's no point in trolling if you don't actually get a reaction, so actually I think you could take most of what Kumagawa said back then seriously so long as it wasn't corrected at a subsequent time. In particular, since a large part of Kumagawa's personality was to be as purposely repulsive towards people as possible, I don't doubt that he would've gone through with a lot of the stuff he said which creeped people out.

As for the "kanojou" stuff, however, I think it's pretty clear by now that it was just meant as a generic "she/her". She was neither Zenkichi's girlfriend nor (probably) Kumagawa's girlfriend, although she was the girl whom Kumagawa previously loved. In Japanese, "kanojou" is generally used in a sense of "that girl" which could probably be used for any significant female existence, so I do think just Kumagawa being in love with her would've been enough to justify his use of that term.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 16:50   Link #7029
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
There's no point in trolling if you don't actually get a reaction, so actually I think you could take most of what Kumagawa said back then seriously so long as it wasn't corrected at a subsequent time. In particular, since a large part of Kumagawa's personality was to be as purposely repulsive towards people as possible, I don't doubt that he would've gone through with a lot of the stuff he said which creeped people out.
I'm not talking about trolling, Kumagawa just straight up lies often even when it's obviously a lie and the people he's talking to know he's lying. That's why it's called a "compulsive" liar, he's not necessarily trying to mislead he just straight up does it naturally. And considering his relationship with Aijimu and her personality it's likely he missed/altered a lot from that story. He didn't even mention he sealed her nor that he was actively looking for ways to actually take her dowm.

A lot of that story is just plain suspect.
Old 2012-02-17, 16:55   Link #7030
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
I'm not talking about trolling, Kumagawa just straight up lies often even when it's obviously a lie and the people he's talking to know he's lying. That's why it's called a "compulsive" liar, he's not necessarily trying to mislead he just straight up does it naturally. And considering his relationship with Aijimu and her personality it's likely he missed/altered a lot from that story. He didn't even mention he sealed her nor that he was actively looking for ways to actually take her dowm.
that is omission not lying.
Old 2012-02-17, 16:58   Link #7031
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
that is omission not lying.
Think about it he said he loved her and then said he one day he wondered if he would still love her if she didn't have that face and so ripped off that face and discovered he did love her. Missing out the fact that he actually sealed her and was looking for a way to take her down.

Isn't it more logical that he ripped her face in order to seal her rather than simply because he was wondering if he loved her without a pretty face especially considering Aijimu's personality. It just doesn't add up, and considering kumagawa's lying tendencies it's just more likely that at least some of that was incorrect. Unless your thinking he decided to seal her after he ripped off her face which considering Kumagwa's and Aijimu's personality just seems weird.
Old 2012-02-17, 17:19   Link #7032
Sol Falling

Quote:
Think about it he said he loved her and then said he one day he wondered if he would still love her if she didn't have that face and so ripped off that face and discovered he did love her. Missing out the fact that he actually sealed her and was looking for a way to take her down.

Isn't it more logical that he ripped her face in order to seal her rather than simply because he was wondering if he loved her without a pretty face especially considering Aijimu's personality. It just doesn't add up, and considering kumagawa's lying tendencies it's just more likely that at least some of that was incorrect. Unless your thinking he decided to seal her after he ripped off her face which considering Kumagwa's and Aijimu's personality just seems weird.
There's definitely a missing link there, but even so I don't think that anything of what Kumagawa's said necessarily has to be incorrect. What we know from later on in the arc is that Kumagawa did love Ajimu and that that love was borne from obeying her. Presumably Kumagawa ripping Ajimu's face off might have been his first instance of going against her. Given the implications of Kumagawa just mindlessly obeying Ajimu for some period, I can easily see him growing restless somehow and just being compelled to check if his love was really genuine.

What happened after Kumagawa ripped off Ajimu's face up to when he eventually sealed her is still a mystery. Flashback-wise, the face-ripping should've been immediately followed by Medaka's berserker mode/beatdown on Kumagawa. However, at some point I guess maybe Kumagawa got disgusted by Ajimu--maybe because she actually did completely "accept" him and "understand" him even after he ripped her face off--so that he eventually grew to hate and decide to oppose Ajimu. In essence I think that, for a while, Ajimu basically sealed Kumagawa's Minus tendencies (by convincing him to obey her, and making him think he was happy that way--resulting in stuff like his 100% approval rating), but eventually Kumagawa's true Minus nature just proved to be too strong and took over. And so it wasn't like Kumagawa's feelings for Ajimu always leaned one way or another; but that he sincerely loved her, and then gradually grew to hate her, with some development between the face-ripping and the sealing being responsible.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 17:51   Link #7033
kenjtr

Sol faling just how much broken you are ? i cant even take your posts seriously anymore .
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 18:50   Link #7034
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjtr View Post
Sol faling just how much broken you are ? i cant even take your posts seriously anymore .
i fine Sol post a lot more well thought out and logical then yours. I have thought about putting you on my ignore list more then a few times so i don't have to see your post.
Old 2012-02-17, 18:53   Link #7035
Homura7

Quote:
i fine Sol post a lot more well thought out and logical then yours. I have thought about putting you on my ignore list more then a few times so i don't have to see your post.
That's harsh.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 20:23   Link #7036
kenjtr

Quote:
No body is forcing you to read my posts and people are free to talk abaut their ideas here , i actually read lots of peoples posts here probably read nearly 200 page just in medaka box . even tough i say this i read sol fallings posts too but they are too direct and close to new ideas , obsessing in one thing isnt good . i can change my ideas if one person gets a better idea from me i am actually pretty open minded .

Some people are defending medaka but i cant understand them cause just because zenkici talked his opinion of her she beat her , its like her first opinion is violence now . Even this week she threatened him , i dont know you guys but if that girl said to me that ill be wery afraid cause she has the power to do it . Why does zenkichi needs to get beaten everytime ? even in middle school she beat him because of akune . i dont get her values does a stupid singing contest is more important then her friends ?

i never become friends with people who tries violence on me cause that means they see me lower then them and they lack emphaty , medaka is definetly in that category and she has pattern of criminals . Belive me i saw criminals and most of them behave like medaka .
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 20:40   Link #7037
zeando
maybenotimome

Quote:
nothing to add to that, but sometime it's better to just "ignore" and move on, at least, i did that way because a direct reply didn't looked usefull in any way to me
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 20:51   Link #7038
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
There's definitely a missing link there, but even so I don't think that anything of what Kumagawa's said necessarily has to be incorrect. What we know from later on in the arc is that Kumagawa did love Ajimu and that that love was borne from obeying her. Presumably Kumagawa ripping Ajimu's face off might have been his first instance of going against her. Given the implications of Kumagawa just mindlessly obeying Ajimu for some period, I can easily see him growing restless somehow and just being compelled to check if his love was really genuine.

What happened after Kumagawa ripped off Ajimu's face up to when he eventually sealed her is still a mystery. Flashback-wise, the face-ripping should've been immediately followed by Medaka's berserker mode/beatdown on Kumagawa. However, at some point I guess maybe Kumagawa got disgusted by Ajimu--maybe because she actually did completely "accept" him and "understand" him even after he ripped her face off--so that he eventually grew to hate and decide to oppose Ajimu. In essence I think that, for a while, Ajimu basically sealed Kumagawa's Minus tendencies (by convincing him to obey her, and making him think he was happy that way--resulting in stuff like his 100% approval rating), but eventually Kumagawa's true Minus nature just proved to be too strong and took over. And so it wasn't like Kumagawa's feelings for Ajimu always leaned one way or another; but that he sincerely loved her, and then gradually grew to hate her, with some development between the face-ripping and the sealing being responsible.
Perhaps Kumagawa realized that Ajimu isn't the person he thought she was? I really wish we could find out what happnened but what you said Sol Falling sounds pretty plausible to me.
Old 2012-02-17, 21:31   Link #7039
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:

Perhaps Kumagawa was still somewhat ignorant of what Ajimu was really like up until that point, and after ripping her face off she showed her true colours?

I really do hope we see what happened eventually.

As for this week's chapter, it was an interesting intro to something I hope to be really interesting, especially with that Sukinasaki girl there.

As for Medaka's drumming, the idea of drumming that is technically proficient but totally unemotional sounds really odd to me, I just can't think of music that would be like that.

To be honest, as a big music fan myself, I feel sorry for Medaka. If she was playing in a totally unemotional way, it would be understandable, but from her expression she seemed to be enjoying herself well enough. Music should be a way of conveying her emotions to others, but playig that well and not even being able to do that is sad.

I must say, I was really impressed by Zenkichi as well, he's moving up in my estimation again.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 22:16   Link #7040
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
I've already done that because I couldn't stand his 'fanfiction' in the threads anymore -_-

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council