2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 1.12%
Voters: 358. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-05-01, 11:01   Link #721
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
I don't know if wikipedia can ever be considered a reliable source of information, but it's nice to see it back up the proper terminology. Unfortunately, it's within Gaohai's powers to intervene in diplomatic affairs, which is the province of the ambassador, so he doesn't behave like a consul.
Shouldnt you actually be editing the wiki post rather than commenting on it .

None of those wiki informations have been stated in anime and Thus are SPOILERS and dont belong in this thread. Regardless of the fact that wiki its not 100 percent acurate , its at least 90 percent acurate and thus the post still contains many spoilers.

Its not even properly spoiler tagged ( even if it was still based on the rules its not allowed to be here).

P.S. Poor Gohai. I actually felt sorry for the guy.
Old 2008-05-01, 11:20   Link #722
4Tran

While the wikipedia entry on Code Geass may be full of spoilers, the part that was quoted by tbl isn't, so there's no need to put it in spoiler tags.
Old 2008-05-01, 11:41   Link #723
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
While the wikipedia entry on Code Geass may be full of spoilers, the part that was quoted by tbl isn't, so there's no need to put it in spoiler tags.
His bibliography, How he got where he is ( as in terms of power) and his ideologies are indeed spoilers, huge one at them. The only parts that are not spoilers is that he is part of Chinese Federation and he is/was a bodyguard for Gohai.

But then again you just agreed the wiki part is full of spoilers ( i was talking about the wiki part too). So we are in agreement. So why isnt the post edited so that others wont get spoiled? I got spoiled but well its life, it happens. At least edit it so others wont get spoiled.

P.S. I am not and never called your post a spoiler, Just the wiki part. It should get deleted or atleast the spoiler part removed? Also please dont misundrestand me. I am not trying to be sarcastic toward you in any way. I just want others to not get spoiled.
Old 2008-05-01, 11:56   Link #724
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Just a reminder. Starting at 24:00 Friday in Japan (less than a day away), episode 1-4 will all go on air on biglobe's streaming site, free.
And starting 24:00 Sunday, biglobe will start streaming that day's Code Geass R2 episode free starting with episode 5, only 7 hours after the TV airings.

I'm sure because they are a sponsor for the show, they get to have privilege like this, but I hope this sets a new standard in speed of bringing contents on stream. It'd be nice if the entire world can legally watch these shows only hours after the original broadcast.
Old 2008-05-01, 12:27   Link #725
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Just a reminder. Starting at 24:00 Friday in Japan (less than a day away), episode 1-4 will all go on air on biglobe's streaming site, free.
And starting 24:00 Sunday, biglobe will start streaming that day's Code Geass R2 episode free starting with episode 5, only 7 hours after the TV airings.

I'm sure because they are a sponsor for the show, they get to have privilege like this, but I hope this sets a new standard in speed of bringing contents on stream. It'd be nice if the entire world can legally watch these shows only hours after the original broadcast.
But didn't Biglobe recently block all foreign IPs?
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 17:47   Link #726
flou
That's no lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post

It'd also be nice if biglobe liked Macs and Safari
flou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 17:55   Link #727
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
But didn't Biglobe recently block all foreign IPs?
Biglobe has IP restriction on streamed shows in their "video store", but does not have IP restriction on free weekly shows. At least, has not yet.
Old 2008-05-02, 03:04   Link #728
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Look at it this way. The show was initially trying to portray Rolo's Geass power from the characters perspective, which would make it seem like his Geass is teleporting because they lose all sense of time when he activates his power. Thus for all the could tell, he suddenly teleported behind or around them. Later once the true nature of his Geass became clear they started showcasing the power from his perspective, wherein there's no teleport, people just become paralyzed.

The only real inconsistency is the perspective we are seeing it from. Though that's deliberate.

Oh and apparently this didn't hit some people, but the target lost signal means that Lelouch lost the active signal from his Black Knights KF's meaning they went bye bye, not that they lost track of Vincent.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2008-05-02 at 03:42.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-02, 03:27   Link #729
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Look at it this way. The show was initially trying to portray Rolo's Geass power from the characters perspective, which would make it seem like his Geass is teleporting because they lose all sense of time when he activates his power. Thus for all the could tell, he suddenly teleported behind or around them. Later once the true nature of his Geass became clear they started showcasing the power from his perspective, wherein there's no teleport, people just become paralyzed.

The only real inconsistency is the perspective we are seeing it from. Though that's deliberate.

Oh and apparently this didn't hit some people, but the target lost signal means that Lelouch lost the active signal from his Black Knights KF's meaning they went by by, not that they lost track of Vincent.
I agree with all of this. It was a subjective point of view. For anyone frozen by Rollo's Geass, he appears to warp instantaneously, or even "stop time", but Lelouch figured out the trick.
Old 2008-05-02, 04:21   Link #730
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

^ Alright, I will set aside the issue of Urabe and Kallen as it seems it is too controversial about physics and trajectory.

That aside, if Rolo is really relying on his Geass alone, that doesn't explain 2 odd point:

1) When Urabe exploded himself, the vincent was TAKEN WITHIN IT.
If the vincent isn't able to lightfast dash/teleport, it would take damage to FULL force (that's what Ashlay ranted about back in episode 3, when "mind freeze" was pretty much confirmed.

2) Again, the Radar in this episode:

In this instance, there is NOTHING aside 4 KF: lelouch is at the center (red dots), the 2 BK KF that are about to protect him (red dots on the sides), and a Brittanian KF which is "lost target" teleporting around.
  • First, Britannian KF are always showed with that specific "blue ship dot" on radars.
  • Second, there isn't any other britannian KF aside of Vincent, as the others are fall back due of the territory (and shown they basically stay on the collapsed bridge).
  • Third, vincent has been shown having a zigzag trajectory much like what lancelot do as well.
Hence, the teleporting blue dot can only be vincent, which is teleporting for the RADAR, not lelouch.

both points prove the vincent can deliver an insane dash and/or Sunrise just screwed up, mixing that Rolo can mind freeze but other time, he litteraly do ZA WARUDO.
It is inconsistent as Rolo should be able to dodge that Sniper Bullet which he couldn't. It is definitely a scripter mistake, it isn't that bad, but not everything can be explained with his geass at all.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Well, he should be able to dodge the bullet because Lelouch, in an inferior machine, was quick enough to catch it with a non critical part of his KF, no less.
Not only that, but Lelouch was in front of him.
Hence why the whole "genius" plan is pretty much flawed in that regard. If we remove the "odd teleporting" issue, the problem is that it is not possible, "honestly" wise, to protect rolo from that shot. He would need to do that before the shot (hence exposing himself that it is an act), OR: Rolo is really mediocre to the point of Lelouch can do manoeuvres quicker than him (and this is not a compliment).

Last edited by Klashikari; 2008-05-02 at 04:38.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-02, 04:27   Link #731
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Well, he should be able to dodge the bullet because Lelouch, in an inferior machine, was quick enough to catch it with a non critical part of his KF, no less.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-02, 04:48   Link #732
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
It all really comes down to the bullet thing, which I thought was kind of hacknyed myself to be honest. There are worse ways to have plans fall in place though so I'm not exactly about to string the writers up and burn them along with C.C. I find it interesting that most things are intact but for that one scene. Maybe we'll find out next episode if perhaps something psychological was going on with Rolo that made him suddenly unable to perform the designated maneuvers. He'd been relying on the Geass a lot by that point so it could always have been a brain fart that told him to use the Geass, but then he noticed he couldn't and then it was too late. At worst it was a concession to drive home the limits of his Geass power, which is why it seemed a little hacknyed. And yes I do think that the Vincent has some sort of high mobility system of some kind we aren't privy to yet.

Lelouch also knew he had to get in front of him when the timing was right so there's nothing especially wrong there, other then the fact that Lelouch normally sucks pretty poorly at piloting. I've seen worse question raisers in my time though. There's plausability, but then it's also a bit of a stretch, which isn't exactly uncommon for Geass or anime in general.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-02, 07:32   Link #733
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
^ Alright, I will set aside the issue of Urabe and Kallen as it seems it is too controversial about physics and trajectory.

That aside, if Rolo is really relying on his Geass alone, that doesn't explain 2 odd point:

If the vincent isn't able to lightfast dash/teleport, it would take damage to FULL force (that's what Ashlay ranted about back in episode 3, when "mind freeze" was pretty much confirmed.

2) Again, the Radar in this episode:

In this instance, there is NOTHING aside 4 KF: lelouch is at the center (red dots), the 2 BK KF that are about to protect him (red dots on the sides), and a Brittanian KF which is "lost target" teleporting around.
  • First, Britannian KF are always showed with that specific "blue ship dot" on radars.
  • Second, there isn't any other britannian KF aside of Vincent, as the others are fall back due of the territory (and shown they basically stay on the collapsed bridge).
  • Third, vincent has been shown having a zigzag trajectory much like what lancelot do as well.
Hence, the teleporting blue dot can only be vincent, which is teleporting for the RADAR, not lelouch.

both points prove the vincent can deliver an insane dash and/or Sunrise just screwed up, mixing that Rolo can mind freeze but other time, he litteraly do ZA WARUDO.
It is inconsistent as Rolo should be able to dodge that Sniper Bullet which he couldn't. It is definitely a scripter mistake, it isn't that bad, but not everything can be explained with his geass at all.

EDIT:

Not only that, but Lelouch was in front of him.
Hence why the whole "genius" plan is pretty much flawed in that regard. If we remove the "odd teleporting" issue, the problem is that it is not possible, "honestly" wise, to protect rolo from that shot. He would need to do that before the shot (hence exposing himself that it is an act), OR: Rolo is really mediocre to the point of Lelouch can do manoeuvres quicker than him (and this is not a compliment).

I'm fine with the Urabe explosion, didn't we see the Vincent blow up another Black Knight in it's face and the Vincent take that explosion as well. If your going to have a weapon built into your shoulder that will explode knightmares in close range it's likely they would build the knightmare to withstand that.

Can't really buy the second argument, we are looking at Lelouch's radar so the sequence of events goes like this.

1)Rollo expands geass that hits Lelouch.
2)Lelouch's knightmare keeps moving putting him outside the range of geass.
3)Comes back to senses dot has moved.
4)Rinse and repeat a couple more times.
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-02, 10:36   Link #734
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy View Post
1)Rollo expands geass that hits Lelouch.
2)Lelouch's knightmare keeps moving putting him outside the range of geass.
3)Comes back to senses dot has moved.
4)Rinse and repeat a couple more times.
I'm fine if the dot moved without anything if it was something just like we usually saw, but the radar itself proves otherwise.
Again, if it is geass in action, why "lost target" ?
Old 2008-05-02, 10:42   Link #735
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
I'm fine if the dot moved without anything if it was something just like we usually saw, but the radar itself proves otherwise.
Again, if it is geass in action, why "lost target" ?
It proves nothing because we have nothing, Rolo's Geass powers were stated as they were, Vincent has not demonstrated any sign of the sort that you are asking for, and we are likely never to get an answer to the contradictions. Unfortunately we have to work within the context we are given, even if we disagree with them sometimes. I wasn't exactly a big supporter of it being a time-perception distortion Geass either, but that was what we were given and so I moved on from it. >_>
Old 2008-05-02, 10:56   Link #736
calvinguy

It made sense in episode 2 when they just showed lost when Vincent destroyed the knightmares, but the lost target beside the vincent on the radar doesn't make any sense. The staff fudged up on this part I suppose...

Oh well its a pretty small mistake and I guess they can't always get everything perfect. There always seems to be loopholes when dealing with time mechanisms.
calvinguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-02, 10:57   Link #737
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:

and I am still confused by that shot to no end.

At this point, I suppose it can just be written off as slight of hand or an afterimage, and that the Vincent wasn't really there in that shot. Though then Rollo got unbelievably lucky that the Gekka didn't blow up a few seconds earlier. >_>
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-02, 11:01   Link #738
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvinguy View Post
Oh well its a pretty small mistake and I guess they can't always get everything perfect. There always seems to be loopholes when dealing with time mechanisms.
Exactly.
My persistent rant about it was nowhere near an attempt to butcher this episode or so. I don't think there is many action/mecha anime series which can boatst to be flawless and concistency and mechanic (especially the space involving one, aka "magnificent explosions that anyone can hear in space!").

It is always better to have execution mistakes than plot mistakes/contradictions anyway. (To be flawless, they would need to make the scenes with a slight delay, and the removal of "Target Lost" + Red dots teleporting as well (as BK KF are also coming to lelouch) and so forth. nothing major).

Quote:
At this point, I suppose it can just be written off as slight of hand or an afterimage, and that the Vincent wasn't really there in that shot. Though then Rollo got unbelievably lucky that the Gekka didn't blow up a few seconds earlier. >_>
I also thought it might be the afterimage the vincent could leave like what it did in front of urabe and kallen twice, but the image is a bit "consistent" and long compared to the usual afterimage.
Maa hardly a big deal either way
Old 2008-05-02, 11:11   Link #739
calvinguy

Maybe.. just maybe what Urabe tried to do was to stab a vital part in the Vincent to cause the explosion but because of his bad Seppuku skill he missed and hit the shoulder which wasn't enough to cause the Vincent to explode. Then the Vincent survived because the explosion from Urabe's knightmare just wasn't strong enough to destroy him? Eh I don't know haha... theres really no good explanation to this..
calvinguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-02, 13:03   Link #740
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Maybe as all the electronics and automotive of a KMF are based on sakuradite supraconductor, he may be able to "freeze" them as well as neural systems?

Which would explain how his Geass can:
-disrupt sensors
-stop KMF in motion => freezing the landspinners...ok just stopping the engine may not be enough to freeze a 8 ton KMF mounted on wheels in motion...
-be almost unnaffected by a sakuradite explosion...(freezing the explosive reaction of sakuradite, or something like that...)

But cannot:
-stop a clock (mechanical or regular quartz electronic).
-stop a bullet: simple object in motion
-freeze hairs (Villetta's) or water flowing: same

Of course this interpretation depends on how far sakuradite share a link with the Geass people, and to what extent the laws of physics are affected in this show by the Laws of Anime...
JMvS is offline   Reply With Quote