Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-09-09, 09:19   Link #1501
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Yeah, I guess the laws do kind of make sense because younger girls are kind of irrational (don't be mad its true) one of my friends was recently being blackmailed by an underage girl he slept with, when he found she was underage, he tried to break it off but she said she would tell the cops if he did. He ended up moving away for 3 months until everything cooled down.
This kind of girl deserve a good slap in the face ^___^
Old 2009-09-09, 09:22   Link #1502
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
That would not be seen as a compliment by many girls to say that a girl aged 17 looked older
Well when you're young you want to look older and when you are old you want to look younger.
Quote:
Anyway, you can date a girl aged 17 and wait a bit to marry her. On the opposite, the same could be said, a person can get married at 16 and wait quite some time to have sexual intercourses with her husband. But laws like that are meant to protect more people. So, imagine that you date a girl aged 17, would it be that difficult to wait for her to hit 18 before marrying her? You can wait if you really love her, I think,

You're scaring me with all this marriage talk but yes, if I was in love with someone and they wanted to wait until they were older or until we were married I could wait, but I wouldn't really want to, and I'm not really in a place in my life where I could see myself getting married.
Old 2009-09-09, 09:29   Link #1503
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Well when you're young you want to look older
That's why we can see 12yo girls with ton of make-up <_<

Well, I disagree with the way of thinking of those girls anyway.

Quote:

You're scaring me with all this marriage talk but yes, if I was in love with someone and they wanted to wait until they were older or until we were married I could wait, but I wouldn't really want to, and I'm not really in a place in my life where I could see myself getting married.
Scaring you? It was just an example XD

I just meant the legal age for marriage is not a big deal (as a reply to your first comment that 18 is to high). Because waiting is not a big deal imo.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 09:34   Link #1504
Kusa-San

Quote:
That's why we can see 12yo girls with ton of make-up <_<

Well, I disagree with the way of thinking of those girls anyway.
You forgot to add "Ugly 12years old girl" who look like b***h ^__^ And same here, I find that stupid.
Old 2009-09-09, 09:39   Link #1505
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
You forgot to add "Ugly 12years old girl" who look like b***h ^__^ And same here, I find that stupid.
Now that's too mean, you know
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 10:09   Link #1506
Kusa-San

That's mean but it's the truth. When you know that girls around 12years old have already done many fellatio and talk only about sex sex and uhh oh yes sex I think the word "bitch" in the dictionnary fit this kind of behaviour well. Soon, as we discuss many times together, it will be children around 8 >_> There is no childhood anymore
Old 2009-09-09, 10:13   Link #1507
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

This discussion is getting downright terrifying.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 10:19   Link #1508
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
I'm from Esonne 91. It's at the south of Paris
I see! I was in Valbonne, near Nice, south of France, but I'm sure you know that

I think the main problem with this is kids trying to grow up too fast and act like adults. At their age, they don't consider the consequences and tend to act purely out of pleasure more than anything else. That's what's really scary. I'm sure someone here has heard of the 15 year old girl who'se had a baby from a 13 year old boy here in the UK. In the end, I think blood tests proved that the boy wasn't the father, but the fact still remains that the chance of him being the one were there, meaning even at his age, he'd already done it.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 10:30   Link #1509
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
I see! I was in Valbonne, near Nice, south of France, but I'm sure you know that

I think the main problem with this is kids trying to grow up too fast and act like adults. At their age, they don't consider the consequences and tend to act purely out of pleasure more than anything else. That's what's really scary. I'm sure someone here has heard of the 15 year old girl who'se had a baby from a 13 year old boy here in the UK. In the end, I think blood tests proved that the boy wasn't the father, but the fact still remains that the chance of him being the one were there, meaning even at his age, he'd already done it.
The possibility that the 13 year old boy wasn't the father shouldn't be taken as a sigh of relief because now you have to ask who the real father is and how old he is. Statutory rape anyone? If I had to choose between teenagers willingly getting in on at a younger age and teenagers willingly getting it on at a younger age with much, much older men, I'd probably prefer the first one as a lesser of two evils.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 10:31   Link #1510
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
This discussion is getting downright terrifying.
I am clearly a bad influence on all of you respectable members
Old 2009-09-09, 10:35   Link #1511
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
I am clearly a bad influence on all of you respectable members
That you are. Shame on you.

Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 10:44   Link #1512
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
The possibility that the 13 year old boy wasn't the father shouldn't be taken as a sigh of relief because now you have to ask who the real father is and how old he is. Statutory rape anyone? If I had to choose between teenagers willingly getting in on at a younger age and teenagers willingly getting it on at a younger age with much, much older men, I'd probably prefer the first one as a lesser of two evils.
Sorry if I wasn't exactly clear, but I meant to say that there was still the possibility that he was the father, meaning he had done it with her even at his age. He was 13 when the baby was born, so he might even have been 12 when the baby was concieved.
Old 2009-09-09, 16:55   Link #1513
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

On the opposite end of the spectrum, there are still people who will call you a "cradle robber" for mentioning you're thinking of asking out an 18 year old. And don't mean it as a joke.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 21:33   Link #1514
Dextro
He Without a Title

Well, for those that are concerned about the age of consent being 18 and thinking it might be too late or something let me add this: at least in my country (Portugal) the law states that for it to be considered a crime the age difference between both (boy and girl) has to be over 3 years if I'm not mistaken. So that means a 19 year old can date a 17 year old without fear of legal issues.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that's what the law says 'round here.
Old 2009-09-09, 21:57   Link #1515
Splitpersonality
Amateur Psychomocologist

I've read this small discussion, and I have to say what I would've posted would just be along the lines of what Kusa-San said.

I think society, from my American point of view, is pressing for sex, and casual sex at that, and marketing it to younger people. I think that there's a very bad thing going on where people think it's okay to just go around having sex with everyone. I'm not saying that that's not fun, I wouldn't know but I'm sure some people think it is, but I guess I just miss the more traditional values :/

Just my opinion of course.

And yeah, the weird acting 12 year olds... My sister's 12 and she wears almost full on make-up, what the hell is that about?!
Splitpersonality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 22:28   Link #1516
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by rio View Post
Why, Of course? o.O
Partly because it's to be expected that there would be people who did not date in high school, but more so because this is an anime discussion forum. In America (そして日本でも、だと思う) anime fans tend to be social outcasts, somewhat ostracized for their unusual interests and possibly for social awkwardness. Anime fans are in stark contrast to the types of people who would date early and date heavily, who by comparison tend to be very social and well-connected.

It's just a stereotype, but in many ways there is a certain truth to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitpersonality View Post
I think society, from my American point of view, is pressing for sex, and casual sex at that, and marketing it to younger people. I think that there's a very bad thing going on where people think it's okay to just go around having sex with everyone. I'm not saying that that's not fun, I wouldn't know but I'm sure some people think it is, but I guess I just miss the more traditional values :/
It's hard to say whether society has been more sexualized or not. Pop culture seems to tend toward it.

However, I've spoken with people who grew up in the 1960's and the view is rather different. To (some of) them, society now is very restrictive and up-tight. According to them, back then you could sleep with anyone and have a good time; these days, everyone is worrying about HIV and other sexually-transmitted diseases. So perhaps it's all relative.
Old 2009-09-10, 00:15   Link #1517
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Veen reading the discussion for the last few pages... and things have gotten quite interesting. And here;s two more scary things for y'all: In the UK, I've heard you can have sex at 16, but can't actually see it until 17... and also, anyone familiar with the term "old enough to bleed, old enough to breed"? It was a very long while ago, but apparently a girl got pregnant at 13 (and had the child as well)

Some more recent stuff: as Legdem just brought up, since we're all anime fans, I doubt many of us would've dated in high school (sad fact incoming: I not only never dated during high school for reasons I'll explain in a second, but have also been single for the past seven years)... though it wasn't due to anime, but because I was a total bookworm back in those days (heck, give me a good book to read, and it still hasn't changed)... every time I asked a girl out, I had a tendency to get shot down

And finally: I'm guessing the majority of us had our ideas and behaviors influenced by the late 90's/early 2000's? Unfortunately, people these days are in a society that is all about getting as many things done as possible in a very short amount of time, a bit different from when I'm sure many of us were in our childhood. It's a sad fact, but I've grown to accept it (not saying I like it)... as I note all the time, kids these days are growing up far too fast; but hey, that's the changing times for ya...

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 00:37   Link #1518
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

I seem to remember a recent study on students in my own province of British Columbia (westernmost province of Canada for those not in the know) found that current high schoolers are less likely to have had sex or tried drugs then high schoolers ten years ago. That suggests to me that there's more than a little sensationalistic journalism going on regarding the topic.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 01:27   Link #1519
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Veen reading the discussion for the last few pages... and things have gotten quite interesting. And here;s two more scary things for y'all: In the UK, I've heard you can have sex at 16, but can't actually see it until 17... and also, anyone familiar with the term "old enough to bleed, old enough to breed"? It was a very long while ago, but apparently a girl got pregnant at 13 (and had the child as well)

Some more recent stuff: as Legdem just brought up, since we're all anime fans, I doubt many of us would've dated in high school (sad fact incoming: I not only never dated during high school for reasons I'll explain in a second, but have also been single for the past seven years)... though it wasn't due to anime, but because I was a total bookworm back in those days (heck, give me a good book to read, and it still hasn't changed)... every time I asked a girl out, I had a tendency to get shot down
I couldn't say the same for myself tbh, but I know where you're coming from. Some things are just not "in" these days. People always refer to certain things about people that "turn them on" like it's sexual. I think the problem is that a lot of girls, at least the ones I see around me, like the bad boys who don't give a damn about anyone but themselves, who act like they're on top of the world and they can get anything they want.

Quote:
And finally: I'm guessing the majority of us had our ideas and behaviors influenced by the late 90's/early 2000's? Unfortunately, people these days are in a society that is all about getting as many things done as possible in a very short amount of time, a bit different from when I'm sure many of us were in our childhood. It's a sad fact, but I've grown to accept it (not saying I like it)... as I note all the time, kids these days are growing up far too fast; but hey, that's the changing times for ya...
Skip the whole idea of building a relationship and jump straight to bed. That's how people often thing these days.
Old 2009-09-10, 02:36   Link #1520
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
It's hard to say whether society has been more sexualized or not. Pop culture seems to tend toward it.

However, I've spoken with people who grew up in the 1960's and the view is rather different. To (some of) them, society now is very restrictive and up-tight. According to them, back then you could sleep with anyone and have a good time; these days, everyone is worrying about HIV and other sexually-transmitted diseases. So perhaps it's all relative.
The 60s is the time of free love and get stoned. I believe each new generation tends to rebel against the previous generation's culture. The 50s were a highly conservative and materialistic time, the next generation was a radical counter to it with people seeking a more liberal and spiritual existance.

Like others around my age, people are seeking to start a family earlier which is very different compare to those older than me that prioritized personal education, career and leisure over the family life.

Quote:

I think it's due to your introvert nature than anime hobby, nothing sad about it. I knew many who did not club/drink/have a r/s until they finished their university. They went on with their life just fine.

Kids are always picking up things faster than us . I had my first mobile phone at 18 compare to my younger siblings that's been totting a mobile since he's 12.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
I seem to remember a recent study on students in my own province of British Columbia (westernmost province of Canada for those not in the know) found that current high schoolers are less likely to have had sex or tried drugs then high schoolers ten years ago. That suggests to me that there's more than a little sensationalistic journalism going on regarding the topic.
The advent of internet is a factor with this issue as well. Any interesting news can be easily published and broadcasted to the world with just a few clicks of a mouse button these days. When there's a bigger audience, the media tends to play it up for their profit. 20 years back, a 13 year kid being a father would probably only made it to the local newspaper. This made seem like the society is getting worse but personally i think it's just that we are more aware of what's going on around the world than before.

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom