AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 121 Rating
Perfect 10 9 15.52%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 13.79%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 22.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 31.03%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 10.34%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.72%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.72%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 3.45%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-01, 20:39   Link #181
Friday
Im shy too...

back up finally arrives.......I hope
thats the only prediction I can make for the next chapter as I cannot be able to see when all 3 former claymore awakens and Miria on her lonesome fighting by herself.
As for the arm & Prisilla......wait and see
Old 2011-12-01, 21:24   Link #182
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

I saw the RAW of the chapter.

I have to say, Roxanne's AB form actually looks kind of cool, quite fitting for an Abyssal One.
Hysteria's on the other hand is straight up freaky, has over a dozen claw/leg things with an angel torso. That sword is still stuck in her though.

Miria is about to Awaken to combat AO Hysteria, but she gets pulled back by the hair-strings of Anastasia, and the Ghosts + company arrive.
Old 2011-12-01, 21:34   Link #183
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Is it odd that the thing I'm most looking forward too is Miria to tell everyone whom they're about to fight. I debating if they'll get giant WTF eyes or laugh at her not looking the part

Maybe I'm just trying to brace myself for the shortened chapter next month. Since I'm not expecting much from the Roxanne vs Cassandra fight, since I think it will be side lined for Ghosts vs Hysteria. I think Roxanne taking up the bulk of the this chapter is the proof of that, Yagi's giving us some now for lack of more later... He always cuts AO vs AO fights to what's needed plot wise and that is it. Can't blame him though he only gets upwards of 31 pages a month (and the power scale at AO level is just OMG... at least based off Isley and Luciela's fight)... Claymore needs more pages a month IMHO and deserves it to fit all the possible plot Yagi could fill with the current arc's large cast and rich character dynamics (well at least better than last arc in those departments, since the The Destroyer and Alicia/Beth had no personality).
Old 2011-12-01, 21:51   Link #184
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Claymore needs more pages a month IMHO and deserves it to fit all the possible plot Yagi could fill with the current arc's large cast and rich character dynamics (well at least better than last arc in those departments, since the The Destroyer and Alicia/Beth had no personality).
Yes I agree Ryus. Claymore needs more pages a month. If we have to wait ~30 days for a chapter then there should at least be ~60 pages. That would be great

60 pages of claymore a month. There could be so much more detail.
Maybe then Deneve wouldn't have to explain everything . (I still love Deneve even though i just mocked her psychiatrist like personality )
But seriously though, Claymore needs more pages a month.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-12-01, 22:02   Link #185
Double_friedman

First, when I saw Roxanne's new form and how limbo Cassie was evading her attacks, I thought Roxx AO sucked...then Hysteria came with her aah...with her new body and I reconsidered: Roxx looks kind of cool :/
And why so many pages were wasted on the three bitches from the current generation?
Aaah, this chapter seems disappointing, I hope the translation will reveal interesting things.
Old 2011-12-01, 22:21   Link #186
bakaelite

Not a translation, but an adequate summary with some of the dialog mentioned in passing:

Spoiler for Summary:
Old 2011-12-01, 22:29   Link #187
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu

Comparison of the Ghosts arrival scene from the Agatha battle vs this chapter. I much prefer the earlier one, it has a mood and a cool to it, instead of being just a thrown-together "family picture".

Spoiler for image size:

(To be fair though, only Helen appears to be grinning.)

I was also thinking it's a lucky thing the Ghosts happened to meet someone who can catch high-powered awakening projectiles with her hair without breaking a sweat. Yagi must be a believer in "pulling out" in the nick of time.

Re: the summary, it's funny how Hysteria can talk but not eat with that stuck sword, and how she needs Miria to remove it instead of just making her hostage do it. I wonder if she asked Miria to remove it with her mouth.
Old 2011-12-01, 22:32   Link #188
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore! View Post
Yes I agree Ryus. Claymore needs more pages a month. If we have to wait ~30 days for a chapter then there should at least be ~60 pages. That would be great

60 pages of claymore a month. There could be so much more detail.
Maybe then Deneve wouldn't have to explain everything . (I still love Deneve even though i just mocked her psychiatrist like personality )
But seriously though, Claymore needs more pages a month.
By George, I think he's got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_friedman View Post
First, when I saw Roxanne's new form and how limbo Cassie was evading her attacks, I thought Roxx AO sucked...then Hysteria came with her aah...with her new body and I reconsidered: Roxx looks kind of cool :/
And why so many pages were wasted on the three bitches from the current generation?
Aaah, this chapter seems disappointing, I hope the translation will reveal interesting things.
It was only the fist few moves... I chalked it up Roxanne being stunned at how fast Cassnadra could still move despite her size (recall she's been stationary up to now). Honestly though Roxanne didn't seem that concerned, just shocked. Plus the trainees and Raftela reacted far greater to the two new AOs than Cassandra... so clearly unless the dialog we can't read is there reaction to all three and thus slightly delayed for Cassandra, then at least one of those 2 is like far more likely to be stronger than Cassandra. Though there is the possibility that Cassandra is like Priscilla and her yoki just isn't detectable unless you really try.

All Roxanne really has to do is keep Cassandra at bay and attack her feet, once she loses a limb or two her mobility will be gone and any advantage with it. It worked in the past and can work again. She's like Irene's quicksword, it only works when she's swinging it once it's stopped it's useless. Roxanne on the other hand can attack at a distance and lets face it her limbs are like tentacle and can be replaced if destroyed however we saw what happened to Isley once his limbs where gone and how long it took for them to regenerate.

I was honestly rather impressed with Roxanne's form... it looks imposing enough for AO status (minus that thin waste, but Rosemary had that same issue too I suppose). But Hysteria just looks like bee guy from Pieta version 2 breed with a bird. And Cassandra's form is literally a joke.
Old 2011-12-01, 22:35   Link #189
Double_friedman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakaelite View Post
Not a translation, but an adequate summary with some of the dialog mentioned in passing:

Spoiler for Summary:
Thank youv very much, this just proves how stupid and ridicule this chapter is...
The limbo freak who was a disappointing AO now is the strongest AO with the best design :/
Roxxie who was very cool is now just a boring copy of Priscilla and the Ophelia's AB friend.
Hysteria is weak, and cannot even take that sword out of her throat...
I thought the last square was going to be Deneve snaping!

OMG what has happened to Claymore! I mean it's very funny to see everyone's reactions and to laugh at Hysteria, but this is not supposed to be funny!!
I guess if Hysteria transform back into human, she could take the sword out of her throat...
Old 2011-12-01, 22:39   Link #190
Friday
Im shy too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
I saw the RAW of the chapter.

I have to say, Roxanne's AB form actually looks kind of cool, quite fitting for an Abyssal One.
Hysteria's on the other hand is straight up freaky, has over a dozen claw/leg things with an angel torso. That sword is still stuck in her though.

Miria is about to Awaken to combat AO Hysteria, but she gets pulled back by the hair-strings of Anastasia, and the Ghosts + company arrive.
when you said that and read/saw it......
look like I spoke to soon......

Spoiler for AT LAST!!!!!!:

some ass kicking is about to happen....
or am I jumping the gun again
Old 2011-12-01, 22:44   Link #191
Ulquihorror

I believe Deneve and Helen look like they're going to enjoy it because they have faced Priscilla and Hysteria is nothing compared to the one horned bitch. Plus, maybe, Tabitha will find out that to instantly kill them, they will have to carve priscilla bits out of their bodies
Old 2011-12-01, 22:44   Link #192
Elandyll

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakaelite View Post

Spoiler for Summary:
BWAHAHAHHA!!

The bit I bolded reminded me of this ... utterly priceless (in a ridiculous way)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ7rezDwqEI
Old 2011-12-01, 22:44   Link #193
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by yononaka View Post
Comparison of the Ghosts arrival scene from the Agatha battle vs this chapter. I much prefer the earlier one, it has a mood and a cool to it, instead of being just a thrown-together "family picture".

Cause hooded cloaks have moods and cool factor and no cliche factor.

Both are equally bad , but for different reasons IMHO.

Really when you get down to it that panel from The Holy City was the start of the ass saves when people should have died that kicked in after Pieta (excluding beating up 3 nobody AOs and running for dear life from Riful (at least they didn't defeat her, is what I'm trying to say and it was here a trend of 3 in a row started and the no one else dying comments happened)). I'm just hoping people start dying again in Claymore... I mean when was the last time a Claymore died even when the odds where seemingly impossible? (Renee? Zelda?)

Look I don't want anyone to die (ok, maybe Tabitha and Rachel ) but the plot will lose all suspense if disbelief if good guy characters continue to remain alive forever more... So I'm just hoping someone does die so I can believe the characters I love are really fighting for there very lives.
Old 2011-12-01, 22:56   Link #194
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elandyll View Post
BWAHAHAHHA!!

Quote:

Quote:
Spoiler for Summary:
Hysteria and Roxanne awaken and their awakening is felt by all of the warriors and trainees who are still standing. The new twins are tending to Audrey, Nina and Rachel. Audrey tells the twins to escape, but the twins decide to go back and try to save the other downed warriors from becoming food for the awakened no. 1s.

Roxanne has transformed into a giant mechanical looking humanoid with several pairs of long, bladed, wing-like arms. Roxanne is hungry and so she picks up a downed warrior to eat, but the new twins arrive to snatch the warrior out of Roxanne's hand. Roxanne tries to grab one of the twins, but she is stopped by Cassandra who claims that everyone around is her food and continues to talk shit about Roxanne. Roxanne flings her arms around slashing the space around her, but Cassandra is able to dodge the slashes with her Dust-Eating technique and the battle between the two continues.

Meanwhile, Miria has an unconscious warrior in her arm and is trying to outrun the awakened Hysteria, but Hysteria is now faster than Miria and cuts off the escape. Hysteria has transformed into a weird creature that looks like the bust of an angel statue on the top, some blades and an insect like thorax in the middle, and a bunch of sharp and pointy legs at the bottom. Hysteria has skewered two downed warriors and attempts to eat one, but Miria's sword is still lodged in her throat and thus she can't swallow and Hysteria doesn't have hands to pull out the sword. Hysteria tells Miria that she is willing to let Miria and the warrior in Miria's arm go if Miria removes the sword from her throat. Miria is unwilling to let any of the warriors become food and doesn't take the deal. Miria tries to attack, but Hysteria takes to the air. Miria goes all out to chase Hysteria and is about to awaken, but she is suddenly pulled back down to the ground by Anastasia. It turns out Deneve and company have finally arrived on the scene, and Deneve tells Miria that she must remain human so they can smack her for coming to attack the Organization on her own.
The bit I bolded reminded me of this ... utterly priceless (in a ridiculous way)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ7rezDwqEI
Total Fail design and plot idea Yagi...

Worst yet she's not smart enough to use push it out with her wings or 50 legs. I mean, she doesn't necessarily have to grasp it with a hand to remove it.

Apparently she doesn't even have any form of tentacles either... like every other AB (minus Dauf and Isley whom had rods). She better not have the anime Priscilla's feathers attack... or I'm going rage

Spoiler for spoiler:

Last edited by Ryus; 2011-12-01 at 23:19.
Old 2011-12-01, 22:57   Link #195
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Cause hooded cloaks have moods and cool factor and no cliche factor.
Wasn't talking about the hooded cloaks... nor originality vs cliche. But I'm not going to argue about tastes.
Old 2011-12-01, 23:03   Link #196
Ulquihorror

Hysteria now looks like one of the MIB. What was his name? Rimuto?
Old 2011-12-01, 23:04   Link #197
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by yononaka View Post
Wasn't talking about the hooded cloaks... nor originality vs cliche. But I'm not going to argue about tastes.
But you just stated an opinion based on tastes as fact... oh, never mind. I'll let this one slide since I think it was as harmlessly unintended to come off that way.
Old 2011-12-01, 23:08   Link #198
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquihorror View Post
Hysteria now looks like one of the MIB. What was his name? Rimuto?
You mean Master Rado (aka Purado or Prado according to Claymore wikia) from ch 68? The one whom assigned Clarice the mission with Miata to hunt down Galatea...

Rimuto is the top boss... and doesn't quite look like Hysteria head on page 22 on the Chinese scan as much as Rado does IMHO
Old 2011-12-01, 23:12   Link #199
bakaelite

I'm trying to be optimistic, so I'm hoping that the absurd dialog is a result of the recent awakenings. It seems that a recent awakening causes disorientation and confusion. I know the original AO were very cunning and retained their human intelligence and cunning, but it may have been that when they first awakened they were also not thinking logically. Maybe it takes a little bit of time for them to remember they still have a brain (or whatever the AB equivalent is).

I really hope a proper line-by-line translation comes soon.
Old 2011-12-01, 23:19   Link #200
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcor View Post
One thing I noticed nobody remarked upon is Hysteria's flight capability. At least those out-of-place wings aren't just for decoration. Looks like she gets to join Priscilla in the flight club.
I referred to this flying as "jumping" in my previous post. For now we do not know whether she can fly, in the pictures 3 other Claymores are in the air too.
Closed Thread