AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-03-01, 12:50   Link #12441
silver001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I just want it to end well. That's all. Then I can move on with my life.
Maybe I'll pick up One Piece or something.
I want to move on from this. The manga doesn't make sense at all, it takes the manatee wrote the story to the extreme.

Why don't you start One piece now? Or if you are looking for a battlemanga with even better battles imo, try noblesse it starts out a little slow but becomes so interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
Geez, that was Fukurou's final style? And he really is dead after all

After the rest of the arc had been fairly well plotted out, out of nowhere Medaka has to sacrifice herself to save the world? Poor writing, even with Fukurou's "weight of the world" remark.

I don't mind Medaka Box ending, since there aren't really any loose ends left. (Kumagawa can have some trivial victory in the final chapter.) I don't think it will though.
What about zen dad. The what Fukorou was trying to tell Zen in chapter 177. Or the whole ajimu being Zen's gf in middle school or even the reason why only zen and medaka can't remember ajimu. Thinking about it though I guess those arent really important to the story.
silver001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 12:54   Link #12442
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver001 View Post
Why don't you start One piece now? Or if you are looking for a battlemanga with even better battles imo, try noblesse it starts out a little slow but becomes so interesting.
To be honest I was mostly joking; I don't really read manga. I only picked this up last year and only because of Bakemonogatari, to be quite honest... I'm not alone in thinking it was still good then.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 12:57   Link #12443
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
lol, how the fuck am I 'twisting' events, dude? I see two facts here: Kumagawa is romantically interested in Medaka, and Medaka is open to the idea at least to the degree of being willing to marry him. These are facts, directly from the manga. Do you deny this? Can you remotely justify going against these plain facts from the series?

I cannot even express how completely retarded treating Medaka x Kumagawa as if were actual incest would be because, and I shouldn't even have to say this, they are not blood-related. Are you seriously saying that, because of that minor statement from Medaka, any Kumagawa x Medaka from this point would be equivalent to actual incest? If not, then think about what the hell you actually want to be saying because, regardless of however much either character talks about "feelings", it is impossible for Medaka and Kumagawa's relationship to approach the significance of actual blood-related siblings.

lol, from my perspective Zenkichi x Medaka is looking like a whole lot of wishful thinking at this point also, what with the potential for the manga to be ending and all. On the chance that the manga actually will be continuing, Zenkichi x Medaka becomes just as vulnerable as all other aspects of this series because there is every possibility for Nishio to troll that pairing in the same way as he has trolled pretty much everything else in this manga, and you know it.

Meanwhile, Kumagawa's underlying desire for Medaka is one of the most basic and consistent facets Nishio has maintained about his character, so there is every reason for me to continue taking an interest in it and expecting a resolution for it. There is nothing "wishful" about it, I knew more than 20 chapters ago that Kumagawa's romantic interest in Medaka would unquestionably come up again as a notable theme in the series, and hey, in this chapter there it was. In precisely the same way, if Medaka Box does continue as a series after the next chapter, there is no doubt it will come up again to play a pivotal role in Kumagawa's character development, as it always has.
Medaka has called Zenkichi her Fiancee EVERBODY calls Zenkichi her Fiancee Medaka has NEVER called Kumagawa her fiancee that's the seriousness of their proposal (hint not at all). She calls kumagawa a little brother type figure. 2 + 2 =4 HOW DOES THIS WORK!!!!

Denile man it's no longer just a river in Egypt anymore.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 12:58   Link #12444
kenjtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Medaka has called Zenkichi her Fiancee EVERBODY calls Zenkichi her Fiancee Medaka has NEVER called Kumagawa her fiancee. She calls kumagawa a little brother type figure. 2 + 2 =4 HOW DOES THIS WORK!!!!
Lets just hope solfalling is right since that two deserve eachother even if there is nothing showing that .
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 13:04   Link #12445
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigantz22 View Post
Medaka and Zenkichi are effectively engaged to be married; Kumagawa x Medaka aren't, despite Medaka's trivial statement. Their relationship, whether you appreciate it or not, has been a strong constant throughout the entirety of the story, so it's bizarre to thoroughly dismiss it's relevance simply due to the possibility of Nisio eventually trolling this aspect of the narrative. I'd say their mutual feelings for one another is far more consistent and integral than Kumagawa's seeming interest in Medaka.
Zenkichi x Medaka is completely irrelevant to Medaka x Kumagawa in the same way that Kumagawa x Ajimu, or Kumagawa x Hitomi, or Kumagawa x Kikaijima, or Kumagawa x Takarabe, or Kumagawa x Kiruko are. The existence of one romantic interest does not rule out the possibility of another, especially when their current relationship hardly constitutes anything resembling a romantic one. Until Medaka and Zenkichi actually marry and consummate their union (if it ever actually happens, at which point the manga would likely end), there is every opportunity (and possibility) for Nishio to explore alternative pairings, Kumagawa x Medaka being one of the most major ones.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 13:07   Link #12446
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Mmmmmmm just look at that shipping.
TOOT TOOT ALL ABOARD THE TITANIC
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 13:25   Link #12447
Sarun

Why do people feel need to refute a pairing? Especially ones that are not complete trivial.

Kumogawa x Medaka may not happen at all but at this point, the argument seems to go in circles.

Anyway, let's have a post poll. How many reckon the series will end next chapter?
Old 2013-03-01, 13:32   Link #12448
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Zenkichi x Medaka is completely irrelevant to Medaka x Kumagawa in the same way that Kumagawa x Ajimu, or Kumagawa x Hitomi, or Kumagawa x Kikaijima, or Kumagawa x Takarabe, or Kumagawa x Kiruko are. The existence of one romantic interest does not rule out the possibility of another, especially when their current relationship hardly constitutes anything resembling a romantic one. Until Medaka and Zenkichi actually marry and consummate their union (if it ever actually happens, at which point the manga would likely end), there is every opportunity (and possibility) for Nishio to explore alternative pairings, Kumagawa x Medaka being one of the most major ones.
So wishful thinking yet for some reason you said it wasn't.... Accept it, is it so hard to understand my god. It's not a good trait when you ignore common sense like that. Sure you don't like Medaka x Zenkichi and prefer Kumagawa and want it to happen, it's fine hoping it will happen but it's silly assuming it is and pretending it's a certainity when in fact it has a low chance.

You just come as delusional (yup I said it again) for thinking that way when the manga portrays the opposite. There is no great crime in this, highly unlikely things have happened in manga but you have to at least admit it's unlikely, given the evidence.

I don't even give a shit about pairings in general in this manga but it annoys me ridiculous when someone paints they're pairing of preferrence as certain fact when it really isn't. It just boggles my common sense. Why do they have to do mental loops to validate they're belief just accept it as what it is and move on.

I'm sorry if I'm banging my common sense over your head, but i like logic and common sense, it baffles me when someone chooses to ignore it.
Old 2013-03-01, 13:46   Link #12449
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
So wishful thinking yet for some reason you said it wasn't.... Accept it, is it so hard to understand my god. It's not a good trait when you ignore common sense like that. Sure you don't like Medaka x Zenkichi and prefer Kumagawa and want it to happen, it's fine hoping it will happen but it's silly assuming it is and pretending it's a certainity when in fact it has a low chance.

You just come as delusional (yup I said it again) for thinking that way when the manga portrays the opposite. There is no great crime in this, highly unlikely things have happened in manga but you have to at least admit it's unlikely, given the evidence.

I don't even give a shit about pairings in general in this manga but it annoys me ridiculous when someone paints they're pairing of preferrence as certain fact when it really isn't. It just boggles my common sense. Why do they have to do mental loops to validate they're belief just accept it as what it is and move on.

I'm sorry if I'm banging my common sense over your head, but i like logic and common sense, it baffles me when someone chooses to ignore it.
Just so it ends up said, I'm going to say it. Regardless of what either of you, or any other shippers think, the decision on who Medaka, Zenkichi and the rest of the cast end up with is all up to Nisio and his editor. Regardless of what either of you say, it only really amounts to you speculating, again, I'm not saying it's a bad thing, in and of itself anyway, just that you should keep the fact that this manga is all in Nisio &/or his Editor's hands in mind(if you didn't already) when you post since at the rate the manga is going, lots of things are very possible. Hell, Shiranui X Zenkichi isn't even out of the running.
Libros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 13:52   Link #12450
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
Just so it ends up said, I'm going to say it. Regardless of what either of you, or any other shippers think, the decision on who Medaka, Zenkichi and the rest of the cast end up with is all up to Nisio and his editor. Regardless of what either of you say, it only really amounts to you speculating, again, I'm not saying it's a bad thing, in and of itself anyway, just that you should keep the fact that this manga is all in Nisio &/or his Editor's hands.
The point of this arguement isn't about who Medaka will end up with I don't even really give a shit about that, the only real reason I'm arguing, is because Sol is saying Kumagawa x Medaka is a certainty, and I'm pretty much baffled how anyone could come to that conclusion of it. I could happen sure but it has a low chance of happening and would need to break a lot of prior buld up. Bascially it's irrational to consider it a sure thing considering current circumstances it has a small chance. But a sure thing? No.
Old 2013-03-01, 14:00   Link #12451
Sol Falling

Quote:
The point of this arguement isn't about who Medaka will end up with I don't even really give a shit about that, the only real reason I'm arguing, is because Sol is saying Kumagawa x Medaka is a certainty, and I'm pretty much baffled how anyone could come to that conclusion of it. I could happen sure but it has a low chance of happening and would need to break a lot of prior buld up. Bascially it's irrational to consider it a sure thing considering current circumstances it has a small chance. But a sure thing? No.
Where did I ever state that it's a sure thing? I've said that the foundation is there (Kumagawa being interested in Medaka, Medaka at the very least not being uninterested in him), and that it will almost certainly receive more development if the story continues (because it's one of the major facets of Kumagawa's personality). However, nowhere have I said that it's a certainty that Medaka and Kumagawa will actually end up together. It simply has at the very least a chance.

And I already said at the very beginning that my reason for supporting Kumagawa x Medaka is not particularly based upon actual shipping, but rather character analysis (and the fact that Kumagawa is one of the few male characters I actually like). In terms of actual shipping, my preferences have evolved over the years to the point that it now revolves almost exclusively around yuri couples. I would be easily as happy to ship Medaka off with some other female character if it weren't for the fact that Kumagawa's feelings for her are the deepest of what he feels for any female.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 14:00   Link #12452
Wolfenstein

You guys are right.

I really don't get Nishio. At one point, he writes some of the most awesome stuff, and then immediately after rushes a poorly thought out ending, focused on a character which no-one relates to or cares about.
I can think of few things more boring than watching Medaka's character interact or try to expouse any type of emotion.

Regardless, I look forward to an entire arc without Medaka ruining the manga.

If Kumagawa's prediction is bullshit(please).

Otherwise, I hope it ends soon.
Old 2013-03-01, 14:10   Link #12453
Breimoon

medaka never said wanting to marry kumagawa.....it is only a buttom. It is like receiving a love letter and go listen to the confession only to brother/friend side the one who confesses.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 14:28   Link #12454
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver001 View Post
I feel like Zen should have ended up with Ajimu, since she seem to care more about his success than medaka did.
While Ajimu undoubtedly cares more for Zenkichi than Medaka ever did, I think she's rather low on that scale.

It should be:

Shiranui = Emukae > Ajimu.

Imo.
Old 2013-03-01, 14:39   Link #12455
Homura7

We still have to get our answer to why Medaka and Zenkichi's memories of Ajimu in Middle School were erased.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 14:43   Link #12456
silver001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
While Ajimu undoubtedly cares more for Zenkichi than Medaka ever did, I think she's rather low on that scale.

It should be:

Shiranui = Emukae > Ajimu.

Imo.
You are totally right, but I just feel like going from one superpowered being to another one would be more appropriate somewhere in my mind.

But I mainly said that because assuming what misogi said was true, then Ajimu was zen's gf at some point, which is more so than Shiranui and Emukae, in terms of a sexual relationship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
We still have to get our answer to why Medaka and Zenkichi's memories of Ajimu in Middle School were erased.
How do you know? maybe the manga will have an abrupt ending. But seriously that is one of the few things I am looking forward to to materialize.
silver001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 14:43   Link #12457
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
We still need lots of anwsers, technically...
Old 2013-03-01, 14:45   Link #12458
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Wow. The shipping getting intense.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 14:55   Link #12459
Wolfenstein

Here's how many plot-lines I still see open:

* Ajimu's death, legacy, whatever. She shouldn't even be dead right now.

* Just what exactly is Nienami?

* Kumagawa's victory. And I just need to say how annoying it is that the character trait which embodies his core takes a side-line to his love for Medaka. I can honestly say that the only character traits that I really dislike on both Zen and Kuma, my favorite characters in this manga, is their ridiculous, over-blown love for Medaka. /rant.

* Zen's dad. Who I would guess would return to rid the world of extraordinary people to suit his own sense of inadequacy, if the manga were to continue.

* Just what exactly Fukurou was going to reveal right before his death.

* The whole middle-school debacle. Both Misogi and Ajimu stated some wierd shit about that back in the Minus arc.
Old 2013-03-01, 15:04   Link #12460
Homura7

Nisio can and should be able to wrap up all this in less than 20 chapters.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council