AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa 3: Future Arc - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 1 16.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 1 16.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 16.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 33.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 16.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2016-08-08, 11:53   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Danganronpa 3: Future Arc - Episode 5 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Danganronpa 3: Future Arc, Episode 5.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2016-08-08, 12:01   Link #2
steam fish

RIP Chairman At least he went out like a badass impaling Munakata's skull Still... I wonder who the actual culprit is to make Munakata that surprised... I feel like it could be Yukizome after all, could explain why Munakata was hasty enough to kill the Chairman possibly to cover up for her. I can't see him being close enough to anyone else to be that surprised except maybe the boxer
Old 2016-08-08, 12:18   Link #3
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

A little confused about this episode. Much of it was me comprehending Kazou's forbidden action the other way around just before the episode ended

Munakata being shocked implies that it is someone close to him which are Yukizome and Juzo. But Yukizome's body was autopsied by Kyoko in this episode and I don't really see the boxer dude as the traitor since he's such an ass already. Unless that was a fake body like the one Monaca used or she was really the traitor but ends up still getting killed because she has served her purpose as a pawn. Imo, it seems like Monaca was just caught up in this before her grand scheme but I could be wrong. The last part implies Munakata that he killed Seiko but he had 1 minute to do it given that he isn't the attacker. Man all these red herrings.

And if Kazuo knows who is the attacker, why didn't he tell anyone? Also laughing at how Munakata was so sure that Kazou is a RoD but Kazou corrected him with evidence because of his forbidden action
Old 2016-08-08, 12:23   Link #4
AP24

I think it's obvious the culprit is someone who has a significant role in the Despair arc, I mean why else would both arcs are being aired in the same season.
Old 2016-08-08, 12:33   Link #5
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
I think it's obvious the culprit is someone who has a significant role in the Despair arc, I mean why else would both arcs are being aired in the same season.
I think that it is still Yukizome, because rather than that she join the Remnants of Despair, is her love for her students that drove her to do this to prevent Future Foundation from executing them.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2016-08-08, 12:41   Link #6
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

This episode was all about Seiko and Ruruka so I can't say I'm too surprised one of them ended up a victim by the end of it since all the mysteries about their relationship have been made clear now. Sonosuke found a secret room too just by being in the right place at the right time. I wonder if that's the room Monaca's hiding in? It's hard to say at the moment I guess.

Speaking of Monaca even if she's shown to be among them right now it seems she may in fact not be the attacker as I initially thought after last episode. Kazuo's revelation to Kyousuke must've been something pretty shocking considering his reaction. Not to mention he's injected himself with Seiko's power drug at the end so he must be a lot more determined to kill someone whether it be Makoto or not.
Old 2016-08-08, 12:52   Link #7
Marina2

I guess this ep. has confirmed that they are in the same building.

In that case, those Monokuma monitors and that Monokuma door were probably secretly built into the building since long time ago. And in despair arc, this building was still constructing....hmm.

What if.........Future Foundation/Munakata hired Towa group to build this building back then. OH-SHI* everything make sense now. lol

Also, I hope Naegi and Aoi will ask Miaya (Monaca) why don't she just make a hole in wall to let them escape with all weapons she has.

Last edited by Marina2; 2016-08-08 at 13:04.
Old 2016-08-08, 15:05   Link #8
xellos2099

I do wonder if this week in despair arc we will see Munakata recruit Seiko
Old 2016-08-08, 15:18   Link #9
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
I guess this ep. has confirmed that they are in the same building.

In that case, those Monokuma monitors and that Monokuma door were probably secretly built into the building since long time ago. And in despair arc, this building was still constructing....hmm.

What if.........Future Foundation/Munakata hired Towa group to build this building back then. OH-SHI* everything make sense now. lol

Also, I hope Naegi and Aoi will ask Miaya (Monaca) why don't she just make a hole in wall to let them escape with all weapons she has.
Monaca would have been too small back then and I think estranged from her family.

The real question however is how the heck the Headmaster knew who the traitor was.
And moreover whose name he actually said.

Going by the shock moment I would say he probably said Yukizome, OR Munatakas name himself.
Which would be totally normal since Munataka was awake after the timer ran out - notably using Seiko's drugs..
Which brings up the question whether the actual traitor even knows they are the traitor.
Other than that it can only be Monaca

Edit: or wildcard: He said Enoshima Junko because she DOES appear in the intro (really well hidden, almost didn't see her >>) - At least the only other blue eyed character that could actually be the attacker is too weak to do anything (Ruruka), moreover doesn't have blonde hair. - That being said it could also be a reference to the Junkoland plan having succeeded at least once. However there is no real reason to hide Junko in there over Monaca.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2016-08-08 at 15:44.
Old 2016-08-08, 16:50   Link #10
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Death flag for Munakata.

So Monaca's just a participant and not the mastermind? Interesting.

The bracelet shouldn't effect Gekkogahara since she is a robot, right?
Old 2016-08-08, 16:55   Link #11
Brother Coa
Banned

A confusing scene with Chairman, it;s a question if everything he said was truth at all. And now we know that someone indeed betrayed them from inside, the secret room and everything.

But man is body count going high... 2 dead in a single episode. 0_0
Old 2016-08-08, 21:21   Link #12
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I thought it was obvious that Monaca isn't the mastermind.

Anyway as for this episode.... First, WOW.

As for theorizing. While I still do not believe Monokuma was lying about any of the rules and conditions of the game, I get the vague suspicion that this killing game isn't the "true" game that is being played right now. I have the feeling that the mastermind is trying to achieve something specific, rather than just ritually get rid of what's left of the Future Foundation.

The presence of the hidden door and the fact that it was clearly meant to be found really wouldn't fit otherwise.
Old 2016-08-08, 22:05   Link #13
Renchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Monaca would have been too small back then and I think estranged from her family.
She shouldn't be too small, Despair arc is around a year before her meeting with Junko. I recall, she's already the head(?) of Towa group's robotic division.

While I don't think the secret room are made from the start, if the Towa Group is indeed involved in the building's reconstruction then it's easy for Monaca to get the blueprints and added the secrets rooms (or even exit) when they switched the building's purpose into Future Foundation HQ.

Monaca might be not the master mind, but she's most likely hold the key to escape from the building or letting outside help(like Hagakure) inside.
Old 2016-08-09, 03:23   Link #14
SkyDestiny

So at the very last scene after the ending when Kyousuke was injecting himself with a drug. I was bother by the sword by his side because the hilt, handle, and the color of the sword was (probably) the same as the one Izayoi was trying to take and the gun when the shelves collapsed and revealed the secret door... or was that just a trick in my eye?

It is now a possibility that Monica is not the mastermind but simply a participant with the revelation of Tengan on the identity of the attacker (that name was pretty long) and with an early reveal of Monica it is too simple most likely a conspirator or coincidence.

Now it depends on how the next episode of the Despair arc will play out... Oh and Ruruka was right about the next victim being the ones that stands out
Tengan for Ep 4 and Seiko for this Episode.
Old 2016-08-09, 05:38   Link #15
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I never once thought Monaca was the mastermind. Not before the reveal, and especially not after. It just doesn't click.
Old 2016-08-09, 06:28   Link #16
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDestiny View Post
So at the very last scene after the ending when Kyousuke was injecting himself with a drug. I was bother by the sword by his side because the hilt, handle, and the color of the sword was (probably) the same as the one Izayoi was trying to take and the gun when the shelves collapsed and revealed the secret door... or was that just a trick in my eye?

It is now a possibility that Monica is not the mastermind but simply a participant with the revelation of Tengan on the identity of the attacker (that name was pretty long) and with an early reveal of Monica it is too simple most likely a conspirator or coincidence.

Now it depends on how the next episode of the Despair arc will play out... Oh and Ruruka was right about the next victim being the ones that stands out
Tengan for Ep 4 and Seiko for this Episode.
I will reopeat - Junko is actually in the OP (albeit a bit hidden) Its very possible that a copy Ai junko is still around. That is for being Monokuma - who the mastermind is is a completely different thing since Monaca is apparently trying to become the new junko.
She is defnitely not both Monkuma/Mastermind/attacker but only one of them though.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2016-08-09, 08:03   Link #17
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

lol ruruka motivation is so stupid
yukizome probably the bad guy
Old 2016-08-09, 10:59   Link #18
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Monokuma being an AI is something I never doubted. The mere fact that Monokuma is not physically present is a dead giveaway. And Monokuma AI and Enoshima AI are more or less the same thing. We know there's at least two of them. And only one was defeated in the second game.
Old 2016-08-09, 12:11   Link #19
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Monokuma being an AI is something I never doubted. The mere fact that Monokuma is not physically present is a dead giveaway. And Monokuma AI and Enoshima AI are more or less the same thing. We know there's at least two of them. And only one was defeated in the second game.
I remain open to all possibilities until definite truth has been shown contradicting it.
That being said - Yukizome's body has now been inspected by the detective; Question is if we should actually consider this being Chisa's corpse in the first place or if she isn't feigning death in a way Kirigiri can't determine and is the one waking up every now and then. - Would at least allign with Munataka's shock moment.

Or, as said, Munataka is the attacker himself because he had the medicine Seiko made (the last one who died)

Old 2016-08-09, 14:50   Link #20
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Still wondering how Kagakure has a bracelet on him, or does he?

And if the outside explosion affected inside, it's probably not VR.
Closed Thread