AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-26, 20:06   Link #1
HazardNights

Send a message via AIM to HazardNights Send a message via MSN to HazardNights Send a message via Yahoo to HazardNights
Kyo Kara Maoh! Adapts the novels or the anime?

I recall watching the Kyo Kara Maoh! anime in the past and enjoying it. However I'd like to check out the manga. Does it adapt the novels the anime as based on or does it simply adapt the anime itself which was changed from the novels I believe?
Old 2009-07-26, 20:18   Link #2
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazardNights View Post
I recall watching the Kyo Kara Maoh! anime in the past and enjoying it. However I'd like to check out the manga. Does it adapt the novels the anime as based on or does it simply adapt the anime itself which was changed from the novels I believe?
in my experience, Manga made from another source always adapt from the first original material.
the reason is that if they adapt from the anime they have to pay royalties to both, the manga and the novels, so it is just easier to just pay royalties just to the author of the novels.
Old 2009-07-27, 02:14   Link #3
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Kyo Kara Maoh is another manga that seems to have ignored the anime and gone back to the novel source for its storytelling. I've only read about 5 chapters of the manga. I do remember it having different details and a different emphasis from the anime.
Before creating a new discussion thread, please search to see if there is an existing thread or post that might answer your question
Closed Thread