AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Vote for your favorite Gundam 00 Second Season character(s)
Setsuna F. Seiei 94 46.53%
Lockon Stratos 65 32.18%
Allelujah Haptism 60 29.70%
Tieria Erdre 88 43.56%
Marina Ismail 39 19.31%
Sumeragi Lee Noriega 61 30.20%
Feldt Grace 70 34.65%
Haro 50 24.75%
Ali Al-Sarshes 41 20.30%
Graham Aker 55 27.23%
Sergei Smirnov 56 27.72%
Soma Peries 43 21.29%
Marie Parfacy 26 12.87%
Patrick Colasour 51 25.25%
Kati Mannikin 41 20.30%
Nena Trinity 46 22.77%
Ribbons Almark 30 14.85%
Saji Crossroad 43 21.29%
Louise Halevy 41 20.30%
Anew Returner 24 11.88%
Others (please list) 35 17.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 202. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-06-19, 05:15   Link #41
solomonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad wolf View Post
I voted for Haro.
why was there no evil haro or red haro?
Red Haro > all
I want purple haro for the movie
solomonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 05:30   Link #42
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Setsuna (of course) and Sumeragi for me ^^
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-21, 20:09   Link #43
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
I didn't vote for any of the Meisters; I don't even really think they should be on the list since they were all characterized quite well. It's hard to not consider them favorites, so I obviated them from discussion.

That said, my favorites were by far Soma, Feldt, Anew and Nena. *dons asbestos-lined suit*

Out of the four characters, I felt the writers handled Nena and Anew worst of all. Both characters deserved a much better characterization than they got, though Anew's wallbanger moment didn't occur until the big reveal.

I liked Anew to begin with (and I still like her character), even though her paper-thin disguise was all too easy to see through for the audience (who knows why nobody on Ptolemy ever wondered about this). Her romantic subplot with Lyle was the cutest thing ever. I just about lost it when he confessed to her very bluntly over the comm--I had to pause while I squee'd with delight.

Spoiler for fail writers are fail:

Nena on the other hand... ugh. She had so much potential to be a great anti-hero or occasional antagonist. I mean, come on. She's got red hair, her mecha (like all the Thrones) is appropriately dark and she's voiced by Rie Kugimiya in something other than her usual loli-fied tsundere role.

And then the writers go and waste the potential awesome they have by not showing her fight hardly at all, having her blow up the wedding completely out of the blue, and then putting her on the path to complete and total Character Derailment...

Spoiler for fail writers are fail:

Nena would have easily been my favorite on choice of voice actor alone, but christ the writers really ruined her.

As for characters I dislike... fucking Ribbons tops the list. And by dislike I do not mean dislike for his actions (I consider Ali Al-Saachez to be a great bad-guy and enjoy the hell out of watching him be evil, his improbable plot armor notwithstanding) but I think Ribbons was just a poor attempt at making an evil mastermind. His evil-mastermind-like actions don't seem to be the carefully calculated and brilliant strategies of Lelouch or Light; they seem like asspulls.

Not to mention the whole "foolish mortal, I am a god" nonsense really, really gets old, trite and cliche. Especially when it's obvious that you aren't a god and the hero kills you.

The only redeeming quality of Ribbons is "Bad Amuro and his Bad RX-78-2." ^^;
synaesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 17:27   Link #44
Death Header
*Graphic Designer

I'm voting for Setsuna, Ali, and Ribbons.

Setsuna: From back in season 1, Setsuna seemed to be that little brat in the group who was new at things. He disobeyed orders from his teammates and superiors, and did what he wanted to do. Now on to season 2, Setsuna has grown from a little brat to almost what I can describe as a leader to celestial being. He now knows what he has to do in order to make things right for Celestial being, and even the sake of the whole Earth itself. Long story short; Setsuna slowly earned his position from a rookie to an inspiring leader for Celestial Being.

Ali: The badass villain of Gundam 00. While his motives weren't exactly deep or anything, he seems to be quite proud of what he does and doesn't blabber stuff like "It's for the good of our nation hurr" like Durandle and Char. He's probably one of the most unique villains ever since Yazan Gable.

Ribbons: Who doesn't love a green-haired Amuro? Especially considering the fact that Ribbons was the founder of A-laws, and potentially could have been the ruler of the entire world. Oddly enough, his weird expressions and ridiculous plot-twists (such as coming back alive when shot in the head) are what really got me.
Old 2009-07-03, 01:50   Link #45
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Ribbons had way too many improbable asspulls to be a good character in my estimation. ^^;

Ali was badass as hell though. Agreed totally. His only problem was some very improbable plot armor, but fortunately it was revoked just in time to see him get a well-deserved comeuppance.
synaesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 11:03   Link #46
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale

What bothers me of Ribbons is that he could have been a much more influential and charismatic character, if only his motivations and past were better explained.
I appreciate him but I feel like he's lacking that "something" that made Char (just to remain within the franchise) a truly unforgettable antagonist. And it doesn't help the poor dear that he's shown for the 95% of his screen time comfortably seated on a sofa...
The same can be said of the rest of the Innovators, that had a lot of potential (even fairly tragic) but who are well known just for the weird hair, the "neutral dilemma", and for their remarkable ejecting skills.
The good thing is that fanfictions exist to make all of them justice

That said, my favorite characters are definitely Katy, Andrei, Sergei, Soma, Setsuna, Lyle and Sumeragi. After a couple of rewatching I developed a soft spot for Ali too ^^
Atlantis_Lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 11:36   Link #47
kakakka

Quote:
Ribbons is that he could have been a much more influential and charismatic character.
Should have been since the beginning, but he have bad start.

S1, he's always behind, just like Wang Liu Mei.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 11:41   Link #48
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

I still stand by Nena Trinity. I just think she got characterized terribly and written even worse.

The first time we see her, when she sexually assaults/kisses Setsuna, and then goes psycho-mode after he freaks out... epic.

What can I say, I love Ax Crazy beautiful women. ^^; Especially if they're redheads.
Old 2009-07-03, 14:53   Link #49
FullFrontal

i think they need to clearify wich setsuna we are talking aout, the 15 year old or 19 year old
?
Old 2009-07-04, 00:44   Link #50
Death Header
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullFrontal View Post
i think they need to clearify wich setsuna we are talking aout, the 15 year old or 19 year old
?
Setsuna was 16 in the 1st season and 21 in the 2nd. Then again, it's the same character regardless of time skip so does it really matter?
Old 2009-07-06, 05:05   Link #51
colol

lockon(neil) * despise lyle actually....., feldt, marina, NNNNNNNNNNN PATRICK!!!! U JUST CAN'T HELP LIKING THA GUY!!!!!!!!!!
colol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 00:16   Link #52
hachi_go93

setsuna,feldt n graham!!!!!
hachi_go93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-01, 19:07   Link #53
miomio

For me it's Nena
Second is Feldt
miomio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-02, 03:31   Link #54
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

I like all the characters in Gundam 00 although I kinda dislike Aurthur Goodman and Nena Trinity. My top favs are Saji, Ribbons, and Louise.

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 19:19   Link #55
linoctis

Nena, Setsuna, Feldt, Soma and Louise
linoctis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 10:16   Link #56
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
My 2 favourite characters in the series would be Setsuna and Tiera.I especially like Tiera's character developement in the show,he had the most biggest change.I liked how he was an asshole in S1 but gradually learning to understand his teamates as well as moving beyond Veda.His first sign of his changing developement and one of my favourites scenes in the series would be when he partnered Setsuna againts the Gundam Thrones.

Not to mention his more "elderly-like" in S2,he was mentioned to be the one that lead the rebuild of CB,since he was the only one among all 4 S2 Meisters that was there in S1,all the way though thr 4 years and unto S2.Lyle was new while Setsuna and Allelujah were away from the organisation.

Setsuna's developement wasnt as 180,and it mostyl happened in the 2nd half of S2 but I like him as a character.I especially liked his backstory and flashbacks to his past,I'd thought we get to understand nicely why he acts the way he is in S2.I also liked his Innovator Personality later on,he seems to generate a strange aura of wisdom and serenity here,like someone who has enlightened.His still his feisty self,and will not hessitate to fight and eliminate his enemies,but he does so with much less raging agression blindly againts an enemy[One example of the agression I'm talking about when he killed Ginin,there was a short moment where we had seen him enter some sort of rage as he was orbiting the asteroid.There is much less of that now].
Old 2010-03-21, 10:35   Link #57
Sanger Zonvolt
Sword That Cleaves Evil

My two favorite characters were easily Ali and Nena.

Though I felt both of their deaths were disappointing, especially Nena's.

I also enjoyed Ribbons, he brought much hilarity to the series, and one of the most awesome Gundams I've ever seen.
Old 2010-03-22, 06:53   Link #58
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
My 2 favourite characters in the series would be Setsuna and Tiera.I especially like Tiera's character developement in the show,he had the most biggest change.I liked how he was an asshole in S1 but gradually learning to understand his teamates as well as moving beyond Veda.His first sign of his changing developement and one of my favourites scenes in the series would be when he partnered Setsuna againts the Gundam Thrones.

Not to mention his more "elderly-like" in S2,he was mentioned to be the one that lead the rebuild of CB,since he was the only one among all 4 S2 Meisters that was there in S1,all the way though thr 4 years and unto S2.Lyle was new while Setsuna and Allelujah were away from the organisation.

Setsuna's developement wasnt as 180,and it mostyl happened in the 2nd half of S2 but I like him as a character.I especially liked his backstory and flashbacks to his past,I'd thought we get to understand nicely why he acts the way he is in S2.I also liked his Innovator Personality later on,he seems to generate a strange aura of wisdom and serenity here,like someone who has enlightened.His still his feisty self,and will not hessitate to fight and eliminate his enemies,but he does so with much less raging agression blindly againts an enemy[One example of the agression I'm talking about when he killed Ginin,there was a short moment where we had seen him enter some sort of rage as he was orbiting the asteroid.There is much less of that now].
i actually like the s1 Tieria more, I liked the way he threw alle in the brig for disobeying orders and how he pulled a gun on setsuna. Sometimes i wished he threw lyle in the brig for attacking setsuna just to cool him down or put a gun to alles head telling him to stop yelling "MARIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE".

I really enjoyed all those moments in s1 when tieria used to come down on the meisters who he thought was out of order. Whether he was wrong or right to do so is another discussion all together but i really enjoyed those moments just for the sake of enjoying them since i love alittle conflict within a team.
Old 2010-03-22, 11:22   Link #59
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
I like all of Tiera really,see that's the thing its the evolution in character.In order to appreciate the Tiera in S2,one would need to appreciate where he came from in S1,and how he got to Tiera in S2.Tiera may have been an ass and he was unlikeable to me in S1,but I appreciate what he was,because its an important source and contrast to what he is in S2,the journey of time and experience and how it changes people.I've felt like Tiera had the best development in this sense,which is why he's in my top 2.
Old 2010-03-23, 05:47   Link #60
SeraveeSeraphim

simple......tiera erde,setsuna F seiei,Allelujah/Hallelujah,Ribbons Almark,Soma Peries/Marie Parfacy,Ali Al-Sarshes,Graham Aker and last but not least the guy who always gets his mobile suit destroyed/damaged and survies Patrick Colasour
SeraveeSeraphim is offline   Reply With Quote