Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-04, 14:16   Link #1
sayde

[MANGA] Bleach Chapter 467 Discussion

Quote:
As a reminder, Bleach manga has been licensed by Viz media, and thus providing links which help in illegally obtaining such material is forbidden, as stated in the Forum Rules.
Inability to follow this rule will result in a BAN!
Quote:
* NO Scannalation links or NAMES

* NO Online Reader links

* NO RAW links
Chapter's been released apparently. So lets see how much content we're able to discuss about this week...

Enjoy!
Old 2011-10-04, 14:21   Link #2
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

More of the same. Fullbringers still getting raped...
Old 2011-10-04, 14:28   Link #3
sayde

lol. It seems Ikkaku had to get worked over more than the rest of the shinigami though.

*is disappointed*
Old 2011-10-04, 14:44   Link #4
Alchemist007
*Author

I like the art though.
Old 2011-10-04, 14:51   Link #5
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I like the art though.
He gives himself a lot of space to work on...
Old 2011-10-04, 19:42   Link #6
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Heh, a good ol fashioned fistcuff beatdown complete with a finisher headbutt.
Old 2011-10-04, 20:37   Link #7
DorkingtonPugsly

So, now the interesting guys are left... excited for next week!
Old 2011-10-04, 22:06   Link #8
Xion Valkyrie

The last 2-3 chapters have been pretty much pointless. Why did they even need to bring all these captains?
Old 2011-10-04, 22:27   Link #9
Langus
Optimus Prime

So shall we start a discussion about another fantastic character that's been written out of the manga? I figure we could have at least one of these for every pointless chapter Kubo gives us till this "battle" is over.

Might I suggest Grimmjow? Or perhaps Nel? Hell, nobody likes Tousen so why not him? Or maybe we could delve into Urahara - is he really a good guy or is the ultimate criminal mastermind? So many possibilities!
Old 2011-10-04, 22:27   Link #10
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Welp, that was really uninteresting, actually.
And that's a good idea, Langus. My vote goes for discussing Urahara, since he's pretty much a Chaotic Good (or Chaotic Neutral even) character as of the recent chapter.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-10-04, 23:37   Link #11
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
The last 2-3 chapters have been pretty much pointless. Why did they even need to bring all these captains?
Bleach has been pointless since the Soul Society arc ended. Sure, there was some plot involving Aizen going "just as planned" constantly, but the rest was chapter after chapter filled with drawn out pointless fighting punctuated by moments of cool.

Pretty much like now. Drawn out arc filled with pointless fighting, but hey at least the arts great and the characters look all kinds of neat. Never mind all those characters who were in the last arc that mysteriously vanished, they were just plot devices anyway.

I do like Bleach, but it's nothing more than fast food. Easy to eat, quick to digest, and after a while you start questioning if it was really worth it.
Old 2011-10-05, 00:27   Link #12
james0246

You know, Ikkaku is the luckiest man in the series. I'm still befuddled as to why he ever appeared again beyond his initial defeat. He's not funny; he's not cool; his weapon is boring; he's unnecessarily bald; he's a little annoying; etc. Ikkaku has to be pretty damn lucky to appear so often considering how completely bland he is (imho).

Whatever the case, chapter looked good, and hopefully we'll finish the mini-boss battles next week.
Old 2011-10-05, 01:26   Link #13
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Oh come on James, no love for the luck luck dance? If not a fave, I find he's an enjoyable character.
Old 2011-10-05, 02:55   Link #14
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I do like Bleach, but it's nothing more than fast food. Easy to eat, quick to digest, and after a while you start questioning if it was really worth it.
lol kinda like mcdonald's huh?

Quote:
yeah, why indeed? they could have brought in seated officers instead and these fullbringers would still get "raped" as haak pointed out. oh wait, i know! kubo needed the manga sales and he needs to provide some ample fan service to achieve that.

oh well, at least ikkaku had a much harder time defeating his foe compared to the others. so it wasn't exactly a brutal rape but rather a "harassment". lol
Old 2011-10-05, 03:48   Link #15
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Welp, that was really uninteresting, actually.
And that's a good idea, Langus. My vote goes for discussing Urahara, since he's pretty much a Chaotic Good (or Chaotic Neutral even) character as of the recent chapter.
I wholly endorse that idea. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I keep getting this impression that Urahara isn't the good guy he's been made out to be. I mean SS kicked him out on his ass. That had to cause at least a bit of resentment? And all he's done since is "help" them when he doesn't seem to be benefiting from it in any way. Hmmm...
Old 2011-10-05, 05:07   Link #16
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
So shall we start a discussion about another fantastic character that's been written out of the manga? I figure we could have at least one of these for every pointless chapter Kubo gives us till this "battle" is over.

Might I suggest Grimmjow? Or perhaps Nel? Hell, nobody likes Tousen so why not him? Or maybe we could delve into Urahara - is he really a good guy or is the ultimate criminal mastermind? So many possibilities!
Ehehehe - generally nice idea. But we gotta make it worthwhile aesthetically so I opt for Nel and Halibel ... Besides Urahara discussions get so confusing after a time - because he seems to be a deeply developed character but yet still remains a product of Kubo's chaos inevitably

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
Oh come on James, no love for the luck luck dance? If not a fave, I find he's an enjoyable character.
I second that. Whaz wrong with Ikakku? I always liked him being capable of delivering both badass fights and comedy... and that had me laugh this week - though he definetly has to do the dance 2.0 now

While I am one of the people to usually complain heartily about fail chapters, I don't find much to disagree this week: Yeah those guys are all fillers being fodderized, but at least we are moving onward with that project... while I don't like midget-coolness moments, that snotty kid got it good from iceman so I had a little outburst of mirth there actually...

I should add: the third color spread somehow got me all hungry for bagels I think he developed Riruka as a Orihime lookalike that always comes over as slutty as you sometimes want hime-chan to be... the concept has some merit
Old 2011-10-05, 05:09   Link #17
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

It was certainly a nice looking chapter, which i believe that's all Bleach has going for it at the minute.
Old 2011-10-05, 05:42   Link #18
haegar
mangaviking

as for written out characters... if we do spend more time somewhere of the mainplot (which was what again?) I'd like a little stint into post-aizen hueco mundo.. We still don't know about those bodies Mayuri found in the lab, We don't know how the hollows fare now at all? Are any Vasto-Lordes left who now took over the place? With whom is Nel-san playing endless tag? Are Uliqui and Grimmjoff living a happy after life? Who haunts the ruins of Aizen's castle of night? All good questions
Old 2011-10-05, 05:51   Link #19
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
I wholly endorse that idea. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I keep getting this impression that Urahara isn't the good guy he's been made out to be. I mean SS kicked him out on his ass. That had to cause at least a bit of resentment? And all he's done since is "help" them when he doesn't seem to be benefiting from it in any way. Hmmm...
It'd be nice to think that Kubo has all his plans laid out. But I think it's more like keep'm mysterious until a card can be made and his face to put on it. Regardless, I hope it's a good card.
Old 2011-10-05, 05:59   Link #20
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

*Looks at Gin.*

Don't be too optimistic
Closed Thread