AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-06-08, 20:34   Link #36561
Lycodrake

Material Days update.
Truly this is a wonderful day.
Lycodrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 22:47   Link #36562
SonicNanohaFan2012

Speaking of updates.. I'm updating my two crossovers Saturday
SonicNanohaFan2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 00:46   Link #36563
Insane Inquisitor

Dear all:

Just a quick question - does Nanoha have any ranged spells that she can fire while on the move? More importantly, is there any which she could fire "backwards" per se? (i.e. flying forwards while pointing her staff behind her and shoot?)

For reference, here is the list of spells she uses...http://nanoha.wikia.com/wiki/Nanoha_Takamachi (Scroll down for list of spells).

Finally - how effective can we expect her spells to be against light to medium aircraft?

Many thanks.

Insane Inquisitor.
Insane Inquisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 00:59   Link #36564
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Divine/Axel Shooter has become a very flexible and usefull multi-directional attack spell by the time of StrikerS.Nanoha uses it with great effectiveness during dogfight with some Type-II Gadget Drones. She also developed the "Short Buster" which is a less powerfull but quick casted version of her famous Divine Buster.

For maximum quick response she also have the "Impact Cannon" which she can use without her staff and the "Strike Smasher" from the MOVIE 1st manga which is a very usefull fast-response anti-personel attack executed just with the palm of her hand.

Assuming some calculations made by other people is true Nanoha can react at hypersonic speed and is a very skilled aerial fighter, coupled with her strong and flexible array of defensive spells including shields, barriers, binds, etc... She'll be a very good match for modern fighter jets. Heck i bet Nanoha have a fair chance to take on Iron Man xD

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 01:24   Link #36565
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Basic bullet spells, like Divine Shooter and Photon Lancer/Plasma Lancer can be charged and fired while on the move, as demonstrated repeatedly in the first movie. Most of Nanoha's bombardment spells seem to require her to stop moving, but if you look at the A's games, she can still snap off a Divine Buster very quickly.

As for fighting against aircraft, power-wise any of her spells could shred an aircraft to pieces--we're talking about the woman who punched holes through dozens of bulkheads in the Saint's Cradle--a smaller modern aircraft wouldn't do well against that kind of firepower even without Blaster Mode activated.

The real problem would be hitting such a target, due to how fast light to medium aircraft can travel. It'd boil down to tactics and aiming, and very likely she'd rely on bullet spells to take such an aircraft down due to the ability to control the shots like a guided missile. Though I think a well-placed bind trap would cause an aircraft to tear itself apart because unlike a human, it wouldn't be able to stop moving so quickly.
Old 2012-06-09, 02:06   Link #36566
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
unlike a human, it wouldn't be able to stop moving so quickly.
Wait what? That kind of sudden stop will tear a non-mage human easier than an airplane.
Old 2012-06-09, 07:37   Link #36567
SonicNanohaFan2012

Nanoha would own Iron Man any day.. Divine Buster.. Bindings.. Starlight Breaker.. I'd like to see Stark top that!
SonicNanohaFan2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 07:39   Link #36568
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
It would all depend on intent of the caster. It is magic, so stopping a human or a plane with a bind spell, and having the person remain in one piece, is certainly possible. But I think what RD is saying, is that a humans, even mages, generally aren't moving as fast as a jet plane. Going 600 to 1,000 mph means you store up a lot of kinetic energy. Suddenly stopping that with a bind, would tear the plane apart. And probably smoosh the human inside.

And yes, Nanoha can fire off magic bullets and busters easily while flying. Witness her taking down the type 2 drones in Strikers Ep 5. I get that the feeling that by now, Nanoha only needs to stop to cast something big like SLB, or to better aim. Also for dramatic effect, heh. In any event, I'd consider there to be leeway between when she needs to stop and when she can still move.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 08:08   Link #36569
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicNanohaFan2012 View Post
Nanoha would own Iron Man any day.. Divine Buster.. Bindings.. Starlight Breaker.. I'd like to see Stark top that!
Unibeam, Photon Cannon. Not to mention the list of armors that he had.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 08:18   Link #36570
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicNanohaFan2012 View Post
Iron Man has tanked Thor's magic.

Unless you want to say that Thor, one of the most powerful beings in Marvel, goes toe-to-toe with Hulk himself, wouldn't be able to touch Nanoha.

Oh yeah, Iron Man tanked Thor's magic in a suit that's not MEANT to tank Thor's magic (Hulkbuster).

He's got a suit that IS meant to tank Thor's magic...

AND he's got a suit that can hack EVERY piece of technology on the planet at the same time (He used it to hack the Shi'Ar Empire's technology).

Who's to say he couldn't over-write programming on devices?

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 08:40   Link #36571
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Inquisitor View Post
Finally - how effective can we expect her spells to be against light to medium aircraft?
Speaking of which, are we talking about real-life aircraft? If so, which generation?
Old 2012-06-09, 08:44   Link #36572
biodude711

Send a message via AIM to biodude711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Speaking of which, are we talking about real-life aircraft? If so, which generation?
Real-life, current-generation aircraft like the F-22 Raptor and the F-35 Lightning II.
Old 2012-06-09, 08:50   Link #36573
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Bringing Marvel-verse into the discussion of anything powerlevels related is inviting trouble. Best to end it here.

Besides, Stark currently has one of the Infinity Gems.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 08:57   Link #36574
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by biodude711 View Post
Real-life, current-generation aircraft like the F-22 Raptor and the F-35 Lightning II.
Well her spells will be effective against them, that's for sure. I'm more curious on why would someone send fifth generation fighters against mages; unless they're modified with thaumaturgic sensors or something they can't do squat against mages because their sensors won't even be able to detect such small targets.
Old 2012-06-09, 09:00   Link #36575
GaelicDragon

Send a message via AIM to GaelicDragon
Quote:
Or Generation 5, I believe is the classification for what is coming off of the Boeing production lines.

If she can actually hit any of the modern aircraft, then even a light hit would cause massive problems. A glancing blow from to the craft would cause it to have a reaction outside of the control pilots need to operate. Beside a chance at making the aircraft move involuntarily, fighters are rather fragile. One solid hit even with a small attack would cause potentially catastrophic damage.

As for the Nanoha vs. Iron Man... Nanoha in the first fight against Tony's standard armor. Tony in the second or third fight after he has had time to adapt.
GaelicDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 09:01   Link #36576
biodude711

Send a message via AIM to biodude711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Well her spells will be effective against them, that's for sure. I'm more curious on why would someone send fifth generation fighters against mages; unless they're modified with thaumaturgic sensors or something they can't do squat against mages because their sensors won't even be able to detect such small targets.
True.
What would be effective against mages then?
Old 2012-06-09, 09:17   Link #36577
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
True.
What would be effective against mages then?
Unless you have the necessary means of detection...almost none. Your only hope will be that the air-mages are stupid enough to fly so low that you can aim your AA-guns on them. But if we follow the statement saying that air-mages are all A-rankers or above then their barriers can tank those rounds.

At least, that's for air battles. Ground battles are fought on smaller areas compared to air so ground infantry has more opportunity to eyeball their targets. But it will still be bloody - heavy weapons that can actually hurt mages like anti-tank rockets moves slower than bullets and can be evaded, so they will need to distract the mage with small arms fire while the rocket soldiers sneaks closer.
Old 2012-06-09, 10:04   Link #36578
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Iron Man has tanked Thor's magic.

Unless you want to say that Thor, one of the most powerful beings in Marvel, goes toe-to-toe with Hulk himself, wouldn't be able to touch Nanoha.

Oh yeah, Iron Man tanked Thor's magic in a suit that's not MEANT to tank Thor's magic (Hulkbuster).

He's got a suit that IS meant to tank Thor's magic...

AND he's got a suit that can hack EVERY piece of technology on the planet at the same time (He used it to hack the Shi'Ar Empire's technology).

Who's to say he couldn't over-write programming on devices?
Against Current Iron Man, Nanoha will have a chance to beat him on their first two battles before Tony designs something that can take down her. But well, it's not a demeaning defeat for Nanoha because Tony is kind of a cheater anyway, it's sort of his trend xD

But i'm sure Nanoha will curbstomp the Marvel Cinematic Universe version of Iron Man, at least up to his most recent upgrade (Mark VII Armor) in The Avengers movie. As long as she doesn't use the AEC/Equipements in which case she'll become a sitting duck for Tony to slice with his lasers xDU

~The ASFB~

Last edited by Akiyoshi; 2012-06-09 at 11:02.
Old 2012-06-09, 10:55   Link #36579
Insane Inquisitor

Thanks for the reply, everyone. Though in response to Tiresias' question, the aircraft I had in mind were actually:

Spoiler for Identity of air crafts:

Also, thanks to everyone for their input. Here is a quick excerpt of what Chapter One would look like:

Spoiler for For Length of Text:

Comments and review of this snippet are welcome!

Last edited by Insane Inquisitor; 2012-06-09 at 11:01. Reason: Spoiler Tags (figruing out the ropes)
Insane Inquisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 11:01   Link #36580
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I can't see anything xDU

~The ASFB~

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha