AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-02-21, 00:27   Link #561
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
ZETTAI FUKUJUU! ZETTAI FUKUJUU! ZETTAI FUKUJUU! OBEY!

Brb, forever dying at the character songs. I need those albums NOW.
Am I over-thinking things or was that a parody of / reference to the infamous Utena duel initiation song?
Old 2013-02-22, 05:44   Link #562
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Unsure about Kamiyan but Kaji has definitely been improving. His singing voice used to get unnecessarily high but is much more controlled nowadays. The difference between his singing in his first and second singles are pretty noticeable too (but the music styles are kinda different so not sure how fair it is to compare).

I'd be more worried if they never improved considering Kamiyan has one mini-album as part of KAmiYU and an album, a mini-abum and three singles as a solo artist while Kaji has two singles, a mini-album and an album as part of G.Addict and two solo singles to date.
Oh, it's been looong since I last heard Kamiya sing, and back then I was like "mmm, OK but needs more practice." So it's a huge improvement over that...

As for Kaji, though, the last time I heard him was in K and that was... well, "mmm, OK but needs more practice." Then again, that could've been just the song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
Am I over-thinking things or was that a parody of / reference to the infamous Utena duel initiation song?
I think you're just over-thinking it.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 06:26   Link #563
Kirarakim

As a fan of Kamiya Hiroshi I think it's not that he is improving but it depends on what he sings. Some songs just seem to suit his voice better than others.

He is very good at singing in character though.
Old 2013-02-22, 15:21   Link #564
SinsI

Heh. First DVD volume sold in Japan 754 copies, but 3rd volume sold 1888 copies (first week results)...
I wonder why...
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 19:43   Link #565
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
Heh. First DVD volume sold in Japan 754 copies, but 3rd volume sold 1888 copies (first week results)...
I wonder why...
To be precise vol.3 sold 1888 DVDs and 1314 BDs for a total of 3202 units first week while vol.2 sold 3146 total units, both of which a massive improvement from vol.1's 1759. The reason for this is basically because of the event tickets included in them. The upcoming seiyuu event on the 24th of March will be attended by the whole main cast (minus Kazuya Nakai) and to most seiyuu fangirls fans that's one heck of a lineup.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 20:43   Link #566
SQA

Which means Capcom is probably going to make money on a parody advertisement series that's obsessed with Balls.

Only in Japan, can this be awesome?
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 11:03   Link #567
ShiroiRyu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0j-6pfaAH0

One question : Didn't knew about this ...
It's from the Ixion Saga BEST of DT ?
(who is coming out in February 27th ?)
Old 2013-02-24, 11:29   Link #568
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0j-6pfaAH0

One question : Didn't knew about this ...
It's from the Ixion Saga BEST of DT ?
(who is coming out in February 27th ?)
That's "Moto Kare Korosu", Golden Bomber's song that the OP is based on. Fyi the ED is based on their other song "Let's Go KY".

As for the character song/ost albums, they've actually been released early and those who preordered them would probably already have them by now. Sadly mine are being held back by other unreleased stuff...
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 14:59   Link #569
Awrya
U mad?

Episode 20 is out, Nabotan really has some problems.
When the princess has 3 ahoges, she literally explodes.

Masterpiece of the episode was the ending "Stand Up! ED" .
Old 2013-02-24, 15:02   Link #570
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Really, sometimes I wish Kon would just stfu. What a headcase.

And omg... what's up with Erec's embarrassed face... he looks like a raging Buu...
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 16:22   Link #571
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Such a cruel ending song...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 16:41   Link #572
kuromitsu

The episode was hilarious, yes, but the ending song.......

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

It's glorious. Simply glorious. XDDDDDDDDD (It's so incredibly blatant, I really do wonder how the producers got away with it.... XDDDD)
Old 2013-02-24, 17:23   Link #573
xxxplizit
triple-echhi

Send a message via AIM to xxxplizit Send a message via MSN to xxxplizit Send a message via Yahoo to xxxplizit
Spoiler for Ep20 and PvEp21:
Old 2013-02-24, 17:56   Link #574
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

So the 3 ahoges take out Jugglabark instead of Kon who was agonizing over it. Didn't expect Nabotan and the other plushies. Nice job of Kon to get Erec and the rest into trouble. That ED!
Old 2013-02-25, 06:23   Link #575
jvcscasio
Lord of Lurkervile

Man, just when I think this show gave everything they could, I get surprised!

Haha,I thought the princess was kinda cute in that reptile costume... Maybe I should see a doctor...
jvcscasio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 09:52   Link #576
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Such a cruel ending song...
At least, he still has his rod.... Who am I kidding? That's of little comfort to ED.

The prince has issues... Truly, the world of Ixion Saga is full of nutcases.
Old 2013-02-25, 14:20   Link #577
rpgman1

After watching this episode, it couldn't get any more hilarious despite poor DVD/Blu-ray sales. Everybody seems to have issues, but Jugglabark seems to top it all off with his puppets and multiple personalities disorder. The ED song is just too funny to point out innuendo (poor ED).

Looks like the preview will reveal many things, especially Alma Flora who is a mysterious person herself.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 12:30   Link #578
SinsI

Nice to see a pun on Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious - Hypermediacalifragilisticexpialidocious.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 12:46   Link #579
Ridwan

Flustered ED is so moe <3~~
Old 2013-02-27, 18:31   Link #580
kuromitsu

So, the two image song/soundtrack CDs are ahem, procurable at the usual places. And let me just say... THE CHARACTER SONGS ARE AWESOME. XDDDD Well, I guess it was a given, but still. I was the most curious of Incognito's songs since we barely heard anything from them in the karaoke episode, and they're SO worth it. They're so full of fail it's adorable~ (except Variation, I guess, but he's special in a different way xDD)

The full version of Stand Up! ED is even more hilarious (poor ED xDDD) than the ending version, Variation's song is great but it makes me wonder because he's never shown such ambitions before (I think? he always seemed content to follow ED...), KT's song is Saiga Mitsuki being her awesome self and ouch, I don't want to be in ED's place. XDDD;; (and thank god KT is not wasted xD;; ) ooTama is just, I don't know, I'm kind of starting to feel bad about laughing at ED, he's so pathetic. XDDDD And I love the tongue-in-cheek note at the bottom. XD

My two favorites are Leon's and Gustave's songs. (No big surprise there, they're my favorites from Incognito.) Leon's is extra hilarious with all the sounds he makes... XDD I'm not a huge fan of Sugita Tomokazu but he really makes this song 100% awesome. Gustave's song is also awesome but in a different way, it's almost sad and I kind of started to feel sorry for him (until I remembered his hostess club addiction, and then imagined him doing what he's singing about XD). And Suzumura Kenichi, mmmhm.

By the way, I wonder if the creators ever thought of making a gaiden with Incognito as an idol boy band? XD Erec could be the super ikemen leader, Variation the "otouto" type popular with older women, KT the mysterious androgynous one (no-one needs to know she's a woman), Leon the sexy muscled one who does underwear commercials, and Gustave the suave Casanova type. And then they would totally fail at the whole thing and it would be hilarious. Please, Capcom... please......!!!

The DT Group's songs are as we heard in the episode except with more awesomeness and fail. xDDDD I really can't decide which is my favorite, they're all hilarious. XD Fukuyama Jun is clearly having tons of fun, Nyaamii is just painful and I can't even begin to imagine how many takes Nakai Kazuya had to do until he could do it perfectly... XDD (FANDOM, WHERE'S THE SENGOKU BASARA CROSSOVER?!) Zettai fukujuu is as we've heard except longer and more awesome, though some of those "Obey!!" shouts are just plain adorable... Pet is hilariously earnest (and Hosoya is improving, good), but if I had to choose a favorite it's probably Kon's song DT.

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-02-27 at 18:44.

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, fantasy, parody, shounen