AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-05-29, 00:15   Link #1
Bandersnatch
Gantz Survivor

Send a message via AIM to Bandersnatch
Wild ARMs: Alter Code F

Im so psyched about this game after hearing about it and seeing screenshots from E3. Anyone else looking forward to this? Its a remake of the original playstation rpg with updated graphics and added features. The battle system is going to be redone and new characters introduced. The original was pretty much a sleeper hit and didn't get all the praise it deserved in my opinion. This was probably because it came out before Final Fantasy VII, which introduced a ton of gamers to the genre. The original game had one of the most memorable intros which they have redone as well. I still hear the Wild ARMs song in my head every now and then . You can download the new intro as well as some in game footage HERE. Heard that the release date is sometime in October.

Shun me, for I am frumious!
Bandersnatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 04:10   Link #2
whatever123

Send a message via MSN to whatever123
i can't wait for it to get out i tried to play the original game a couple of years ago but i couldn't finish it (damn exams)

i beated part 2 which was a nice game

and the main reason i want to play it because there aren't that much RPG games (that i like) in the market these day i am looking forward to wild arms, starocean 3 and main my personal faviorite suikoden 4

Last edited by whatever123; 2004-05-29 at 05:04.
whatever123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 04:30   Link #3
mah_damey

looks pretty sweet, i might pick it up, whens it come out?
mah_damey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 06:06   Link #4
N1nj4

Send a message via AIM to N1nj4
Looks cool. Hopefully, it'll be better than Wild Arms 3. Not that it was a bad game or anything, but it was just so mediocre in so many ways. Epecially interms of its story and battle system.
N1nj4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 06:21   Link #5
Tommy
Mr. Prince

I loved wild arms! it was a fantastic game. How can anyone whose played it forget that awesome intro. Anyways as much as I loved the game I never got around to playing part 2 or 3 but I also read that they weren't quite as good as the first.

Ugh... I just watched the new intro and I completly forgot how catchy that song is. It took me months to get it out of my head the first time. Now I'm going to be whistling that tune again for a long time.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 06:47   Link #6
N1nj4

Send a message via AIM to N1nj4
I'd say that part 2 was almost as good as the first. Part 3.........not quite. But still worth playing.
N1nj4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 14:28   Link #7
Bandersnatch
Gantz Survivor

Send a message via AIM to Bandersnatch
I thought Wild ARMs 2 was only released in Japan, I must of missed it. Probably hard to find nowadays though .

Also, rather than creating a whole new thread, has anyone seen the anime Wild ARMs: Twilight Venom? Is it any good?

Shun me, for I am frumious!
Bandersnatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 14:47   Link #8
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandersnatch
I thought Wild ARMs 2 was only released in Japan, I must of missed it. Probably hard to find nowadays though .

Also, rather than creating a whole new thread, has anyone seen the anime Wild ARMs: Twilight Venom? Is it any good?
Isn't Wild Arms 2 is 2nd Ignition? It was released in the US like years ago I think.

Twilight Venom is a good series, the story and plot is well planned, interesting characters from the Falgaia like the Crimson Nobles and the Popopipipepos (did I spell that right?). Twilight Venom is quite fun to watch. ^^
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 19:41   Link #9
Palsa-San
General of Aurda
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca View Post
Isn't Wild Arms 2 is 2nd Ignition? It was released in the US like years ago I think.

Twilight Venom is a good series, the story and plot is well planned, interesting characters from the Falgaia like the Crimson Nobles and the Popopipipepos (did I spell that right?). Twilight Venom is quite fun to watch. ^^
If you like Outlaw Star or Trigun, you'll probably like Twilight Venom. ^_^
Old 2013-12-29, 09:36   Link #10
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Question about Wild Arms Alter Code F and Wild Arms 4

*Threads merged by moderator

Do this games contain at least a bit of romance in the story?

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2013-12-29 at 17:09.
delorean2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 18:00   Link #11
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by delorean2200 View Post
*Threads merged by moderator

Do this games contain at least a bit of romance in the story?
I was wondering why this game got revived .

I'd say there's some romance involved in the Wild Arms games. Don't remember specifics as much aside from the first game/ACF, but think I can safely give that a nod in general. I'd say the focus is much more on adventure and such. I think in the later games like 4 they definitely made romance a bit more of a focus in the main story.
Old 2013-12-29, 18:34   Link #12
LostSome

I really like that one couple from WA4.
Spoiler for A just to be sure spoiler:

One of my favorites in fact.
I don`t know what it was, but I got very attached to those two.
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-30, 05:35   Link #13
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Thanks for the input ^^, i got just one more question to ask, is wild arms 4 a direct sequel to Alter Code F ? Is it in the same universe or something, i know that you can import saves from Alter Code F for some unlocks but are they also story related ?
Old 2013-12-30, 07:20   Link #14
defki

Alter Code F and Wild Arms 4 are separate games. Some recurring themes but that's it.

The save data will give you gameplay bonuses but won't affect the story afaik.

Here if you need a list: http://wildarmsaltercodef.agetec.com/wa4.php
defki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-30, 07:40   Link #15
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Great in that case i'll go with 4 because that's the one i'm more interested in, for now the main reason i wanted to go with AF was because i thought they where related somehow besides the bonus. (Not that i don't plan to play AF to but i would rather focus on 4).
Old 2013-12-30, 21:06   Link #16
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by delorean2200 View Post
Great in that case i'll go with 4 because that's the one i'm more interested in, for now the main reason i wanted to go with AF was because i thought they where related somehow besides the bonus. (Not that i don't plan to play AF to but i would rather focus on 4).
I'd say it's a pretty good game so definitely nothing wrong with focusing there. With Wild Arms you really can just pick whichever game since there isn't any story connection to worry about.

Still prefer the original myself which ACF was a remake of, but nostalgia could also be playing a strong factor there.
Old 2014-01-03, 03:02   Link #17
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
I love both of them honestly. I have a strong feelings for the original but the remake was good in it's own right. Loved the remixed and added music. The one that just plays while getting to the main menu gives me the chills every time. If the remade it the third time I would buy it again. I'm that much of a fan. ˇˇ
Old 2014-01-03, 03:36   Link #18
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
I love both of them honestly. I have a strong feelings for the original but the remake was good in it's own right. Loved the remixed and added music. The one that just plays while getting to the main menu gives me the chills every time. If the remade it the third time I would buy it again. I'm that much of a fan. ˇˇ
I'd totally be there if they remade it again . My big issue with Alter Code F honestly was visually. Kind of funny to say with how the original wasn't amazing, but wow the expressions for the characters in this game just kept taking me out of it. I liked a lot of additions they made though like wrapping up some stories the original left untouched.

Would have liked them to leave the fast draw system untouched though. I missed the ones they took out in this remake and how they changed how they were learned. I thought the original was clever having Jack be a guy who could learn from his situation and develop his own techniques. This just felt cheap.

It's still a good game though. A lot was done well. Just give me a PS3 level remake and I'd never ask for anything game wise again .
Old 2014-01-03, 06:36   Link #19
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'd totally be there if they remade it again . My big issue with Alter Code F honestly was visually. Kind of funny to say with how the original wasn't amazing, but wow the expressions for the characters in this game just kept taking me out of it. I liked a lot of additions they made though like wrapping up some stories the original left untouched.

Would have liked them to leave the fast draw system untouched though. I missed the ones they took out in this remake and how they changed how they were learned. I thought the original was clever having Jack be a guy who could learn from his situation and develop his own techniques. This just felt cheap.

It's still a good game though. A lot was done well. Just give me a PS3 level remake and I'd never ask for anything game wise again .
My issues with the game were visual as well. It seems the character designer for the remake tried too hard to make the characters look cute and artsy. I prefer the original designs, especially the Metal Demons, who in my opinion look more imposing in the original. Judging by the size of their sprites, I could've imagined Harken was around eight feet tall, with Zeikfried being over nine or so.

Spoiler:

Not to mention the heroes, Jack looked like he was put through a washing machine, and Cecilia's tight clothes made her look anything but innocent. Rudy was about the same, no complaint with him.

I also preferred the old Fast Draw system better, where you keep trying the attack until you finally mastered it, then you could use it at will.

Now if they kept the original character designs, but made the game fully 3-D with the same story, I'd also be satisfied. But we'll see.
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-03, 07:55   Link #20
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post

Ugh, having the game in gorgeous anime graphics and smooth animation ala Ninja Storm would be a dream come true. The game definitely did some things right, but did a few wrongs too. Shrinking the towns was one of my major complain. The first one definitely gave you an atmosphere that you were in a huge town. Having two farms and and an inn in AC kinda killed it for me...
Not a fan of the ''running around'' turn-based battle system ether. I would have preferred if it was left like the first and a second game.

Would have also liked if the kept the fast draw untouched. And also, they should left an ability for Rudy to use knives and other weapons but keep his sewed-off like ARM for specials. Would have been cool if you could upgrade it too. You know, put different gadgets on it, but that would have been a bit too much. Still I love it to the bone. I actually feel like playing the game right now while I'm talking about it.