1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.81%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-02-01, 17:35   Link #101
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
^ but it isnt said that in order to recieve geass the person needs to be compatible so im still under the impression that anyone willing to take up the power can...a valid reason for CC giving mao geass was if she could use him for her own needs when he has mastered the use of it but that doesnt seem like CC at all...a better reason would be that she wanted mao to stand up for himself...maybe being an orphan he was roaming the streets and whatnot...maybe she took pity on him and wanted him to stand up as a person agin caring for him like her own child...
at least let the guy mature a bit before giving the geass x.x , bad move my C.C
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 17:42   Link #102
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
Lulu has the hots for C.C.!
nice going lulu.
CeDeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 17:43   Link #103
LCeh

Hmm... I had a little bit of mixed feeling for this episode, but overall, the fanboy in me still cried for more.

I thought they could have handled some parts better, like Viletta's and Shirley's condition. I thought it was a bit of a cop out for Viletta to all of a sudden lose all her memories, as for Shirley, well, it was a decent resolution, but I think it could have been better.

Now onto the goodies. The relationship between CC and Lulu continues to intrigue me. It's just such an interesting relationship.

On one hand, they both need each other badly. CC needs lulu to help her achieve her goals, as for Lulu, CC is both a person that he can trust as well as one that could achieve a lot of things through her power. In a sense, Lulu needs CC even more than she needs him cause she is the only one that understands him, she is only one that he can go to when he has problems.

Yet at the same time, it seems that they are both reluctant to get attached to each other, you can argue. It makes sense in the sense that you never know if the other person will betray you, but the story seems to be pushing towards something deeper. I am really hoping that eventually there will be something more between them, but as far as I can tell, that might never happen.

I especially liked the last scene. It seems to be something that Code Geass directors made an effort to accomplish, and that is to end episodes on high notes. I thought this ep was no exception.
LCeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 18:25   Link #104
Xamdou
<3 Code Geass ^-^

Exactly what is the contract between LuLu and CC?
Xamdou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 20:41   Link #105
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by S8 RoXoRz View Post
Exactly what is the contract between LuLu and CC?
you're going to have to keep watching.

as you'll notice, Lelouch doesn't even know the exact terms of the contract, for the time being it is merely this:
In return for the Geass, Lelouch must grant C.C.'s wish.

whatever that is. ?_?
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 21:20   Link #106
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Rewatching this episode, I noticed Lelouch had a "drop something" scene (( in this case, the cosplay police cap )) before taking C.C's hand as a contract bind. Isn't those scenes reserved for "pull-into hug" sequences?

I mean...why drop the cap?

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 21:20   Link #107
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauldron26 View Post
so am i the only one who has fallen head over heels in love with the new OP?? really love the guitar intro... then again im in full belief that recently anime fans have become like cattle, moving in the direction of the masses. great ep tho.
I wouldn't go that far, but I don't dislike it as others seem to. I like the Blood+ OP by the same artist better though (which had similar criticism).

Well, some interesting events in this episode. Apparently the Geass power will get stronger by continued use, who knows what Lelouch will be able to do as the show goes on? The contract is mentioned again, but still no answer what it entails, grrr. Then there's the sloppy coverup of Shirley's memory adjustment which was also pretty sloppy from Lelouch, unless there was no way to cause a more subtle memory loss. Viletta showed off her assets, although I have no clue why she got undressed that much by Ougi. Fan service logic, I suppose. Ougi's a perv! And although it didn't get much screentime yet, Toudou is about to be caught, wonder what will come of that. And it turns out the deceased prime minister supposedly committed suicide and is considered a traitor by the JLF, more hints to Suzaku's questionable past actions. At the end it's Mao center stage again, the voices have obviously driven him nuts. Shooting CC and intending to make her fit a trunk, how psycho can you get? She has amazing healing abilities, but that might be pushing it. Well, he's out of the picture at least, and the LelouchxCC fans rejoice.

Next episode, Lelouch has big plans but Nunally gets nabbed? Drama, dramaaaa.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 21:59   Link #108
Jaruromania

I'm looking forward to Shirley and Viletta's slow regain of their old memories, while blending it with their new memories and feelings at that time. It'll inevitably happen, it always does.
Jaruromania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 23:41   Link #109
Double_Edge
Cool Lander

Wow, Viletta sure is different when she's talking gently rather than firm. <3 villeta.

Anyway, man that guy Mao is such a psycho. he is cool and all but he kinda brought his cool psychoness into a crazy and weird one. he was gonna chop her off, wtf?!

Too bad he bit it so early. i thought he would be a more long time character.
Old 2007-02-01, 23:45   Link #110
Northy

Send a message via AIM to Northy Send a message via MSN to Northy Send a message via Yahoo to Northy
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauldron26 View Post
so am i the only one who has fallen head over heels in love with the new OP?? really love the guitar intro... then again im in full belief that recently anime fans have become like cattle, moving in the direction of the masses. great ep tho.
Nah, you are not the only one what have fallen for the OP.. I too started to fall for the OP now. The guitar intro is the thing man, and how they chain the lyric together is pretty good too. Something new =]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
aww, but it is a good cliche.

besides, better to have Villeta x Ougi then watch Viletta sink deeper into disgrace and insanity like Jeremiah. (speaking of which wonder how that's going for Jeremiah. guessing he's the next geass opponent after they kill mao...unless Lu actually managed to kill him this time....)

at least this way villeta adds some additional variety to the antagonists, and an excellent addition to the utterly random pairings department.
Yes, i agree with ya. I think Ougi would introduce viletta to the order of the black knight. And we will see some interesting things happening. Can't wait! And, Villata seems hot when her hair is down...! For Jeremiah, i have the same though as you. I think Jeremiah will be the next geass opponent for Lulu. The last scene i remember seeing him in, was the research truck that carry one of those similar container that C.C come out from. It stopped right infront of him. Wonder which new girl will give him his geass, and what his ability will be like. Maybe something like an ability to cause a person to go berzerk.. hmmm?

Anyway, the scene where the chairman was telling lulu how she was getting another matchmaking, and asking lulu what she should do... Got a feeling that, she have something for lulu .. lolx..

Finally, this episode is pretty good.. Showing us how lulu is a more mature geas user than Mao.. how he outsmarted Mao and his geas ability.. We also get some Lulu x C.C devlopment, can't wait to see more devlopment between them.. I think they should also add some Kallen x Lulu devopment soon now =P ( Can't help it, i'm a Kallen Fanboy!)....

Lulu excuss for shirley trying not to know him, i guess it can only work with the student council members. Most of the student council members are really easy going, and don't really probe into matter that much..
And we get the usual, C.C acting on her own...!

We also get some insight into the power of geas.. Maos geas become more powerful as he continue to use them. However, one thing to note about Maos geas is that. From when he is 9yrs old, when he get the geas C.C gave him, he was already unable to turn the geas off... Thus, i think it is safe to say that Lulu geas would still be able to be turned off, when it envolve . However, how the geas undergo envolvement is something that interest me. Any take on that?
Northy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 14:01   Link #111
Jewelray

Send a message via AIM to Jewelray
Part of me is happy that maybe Viletta can live for a few more episodes since she doesn't remember Lulu, but I'm also pretty disappointed with it since her mysterious and convenient memory loss is a pretty lame plot device. I don’t know if I like the stray cat personality for her… I liked her better when she was bitchy. But after that scene I don’t see how anyone could deny that she is the hottest Code Geass female.

I'm a bit surprised that Mao was killed off so quickly, but I guess he served his purpose as the ghost of Lulu's future, so no there's need to keep him around making trouble. He was great though-- a certifiable psycho with a sense of humor and a chainsaw who you still can't help but feel bad for.

I like C.C even more after this episode. She is amazingly badass but has just the right amount of angst for sympathy without getting annoying. I'm also now a full Lulu x C.C supporter.
Jewelray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 16:34   Link #112
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Man what an episode I will have to say that Lulu handled the situation with Shirley and the class president very well. The class president was and is the closest person to Shirley, so its reasonable that she would notice something is wrong. Lulu proves that sometimes an simple excuse can be more effective than an elaborate one. Burning her diary another nice touch, its one less thing he has to worry about. But dont count Shirley out just yet im sure she still has role.

Does anyone else think that Lulu and C.C. act like a freakin married couple. I cant be sure but the look in Lulu's eyes when C.C. was leaving said more to me than just losing an ally. Also, C.C. went to protect the secret of Zero. To me thats a little too nice for C.C to do. But she was very convincing when she left.

THe more i think about Mao the more i just feel sorry for him, when i learned he couldnt turn off his Geass and hears peoples thoughts all the time i thought that is shitty no wonder he is unstable, C.C.s mind is the only one he cant read so being obsessed with her makes sense. However it just goes to show even if you have a great power if you dont use your mind you will still get beat. Lulu showed his uber intelligence and knew that Mao was so unstable that egging him on would bring about his own downfall. The part about C.C. being his in everyway and seeing parts of her Mao had not just brought the house down. Even im sure tha Mao is not dead because we didnt see a body you know the golden rule of anime no body not dead. Out of everything though it seems that C.C. and Lulu are closer and have renewed their contract except this time Lulu was the one that offered it.

So they decided to take the amnesia route with Villetta. I must say i was surprised at that they showed her breast but after the Nina scene well i guess its to be expected. For some reason she looked really hot and with her memory gone she was very nice. I can see where this going however, how long before she ends up joining the Black Knights?

Its seems this episode was maneuvering characters for upcoming events. Suzuaku makes a request to meet Yuffie. THey comment that he needs to be a knight, and its so obvious that Yuffie will make him one when she forms her own Knighthood. Combine that with Lulus renewed spirit and the reorganization of the Black Knights in cells so stuff is going to go down.

I had been asking for a while now have we seen the extent Lulus geass as C.C. puts it the longer you have it the stronger it gets. I am betting that Lulu will discover another aspect of his power.
Old 2007-02-02, 16:46   Link #113
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Hm...a lot of people here seem to think that Villeta will join the OoBK... but - are we sure that Lulu does not remember her ? After all he jacked her frame in the early episodes.
Old 2007-02-02, 18:06   Link #114
juggen
Saizen Supreme
*Fansubber

some more eye candy
Spoiler:

<3 me ^^
Old 2007-02-02, 18:13   Link #115
Jewelray

Send a message via AIM to Jewelray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Hm...a lot of people here seem to think that Villeta will join the OoBK... but - are we sure that Lulu does not remember her ? After all he jacked her frame in the early episodes.
I doubt Lulu forgot her. It was one of his first times using Geass so he'd probably remember something like that. And since she already been geassed she is particulary dangerous so if Lulu finds her I don't think not being allowed to join the black knights would be her biggest problem. Lulu could try to get information from her but for now her memory is gone and I don't think Lulu would be trusting enough to wait until it comes back to find out what he wants to know and then kill her.
Jewelray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 19:06   Link #116
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Yes true but we also know how methodical Zero is, if he finds someone he can use he will use them. Using her to sow seeds of distrust among the ranks of the Britannan soldier as a possible traitor might be a good tactic to lower moral. Especially since she is Knight.
Old 2007-02-02, 19:16   Link #117
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Yes true but we also know how methodical Zero is, if he finds someone he can use he will use them. Using her to sow seeds of distrust among the ranks of the Britannan soldier as a possible traitor might be a good tactic to lower moral. Especially since she is Knight.
problem is without her memories her personality is somewat lost meaning she is left as a fragmented shadow of her former tough self ~ can someone so soft really be manipulated to do lulu's dirty work or will her memories come back before then?

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-03, 10:11   Link #118
Forever
Revealing the truth

Damn they should have used the track 13: masquerade of OST for this episode at last part where Lulu and CC are together rather than for shirley...
Old 2007-02-03, 10:54   Link #119
Northy

Send a message via AIM to Northy Send a message via MSN to Northy Send a message via Yahoo to Northy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
problem is without her memories her personality is somewat lost meaning she is left as a fragmented shadow of her former tough self ~ can someone so soft really be manipulated to do lulu's dirty work or will her memories come back before then?
I think after her memories lost, she is showing her true feeling out now. Seeing that she is a knight class or higher(correct me if i'm wrong) in britiannia, she must put up somesort of tough personality infront of her subordinate. To have somesort of imposing air over them. You don't want your subordinates to climb over your head don't you.

Anyway, she is better off this way too. She sure is hot with her hair down =]. Her skills in piloting knightmare, might not be lost. This make her of use to Zero a.k.a Lulu. Afterall, she is also one of the elite knightmare pilot we have come to know.
Northy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-04, 03:16   Link #120
etothex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northy View Post
I think after her memories lost, she is showing her true feeling out now. Seeing that she is a knight class or higher(correct me if i'm wrong) in britiannia, she must put up somesort of tough personality infront of her subordinate. To have somesort of imposing air over them. You don't want your subordinates to climb over your head don't you.

Anyway, she is better off this way too. She sure is hot with her hair down =]. Her skills in piloting knightmare, might not be lost. This make her of use to Zero a.k.a Lulu. Afterall, she is also one of the elite knightmare pilot we have come to know.
As opposed to true feelings, I think it may be more like, how she could potentially be if the world were sweet and easy. You're definitely right that a career military woman must put up a strong image. At first, I was kinda iffy about the whole amnesia thing; it's not too original, but with this we get a different POV. And we won't have to worry awhile about Zero and the status of her survival, as it seems she is going to be learning to accept the Elevens. Sunrise will use her to show one who follows the rules of survival of the fittest, yet learns to care for the weak. Which side will she choose once she recovers? I'm looking forward to these developments. In fact, why not get rid of all nina scenes, all shirley scenes, and most suzaku scenes for Viletta development instead.

Episode 11 is still the best episode hands down, but I'm thinking the end scene of episode 15 (i'll call it rebinding the contract, or just contract2) is replacing the CC's true name/white snow scene as my favorite scene.
etothex is offline   Reply With Quote