AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2013-10-03, 10:02   Link #1441
Shinhwa
Banned

Fate/Kaleid Prisma Illya OST was awesome.

Especially the track Shoujo Shinka, which is actually the remix of EMIYA.
Shinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 13:12   Link #1442
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I'm really tempted to get that F/Z BD Boxset 1 coming in November with the Eng. dubs. Anyone here watch it with dubs?
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 03:07   Link #1443
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
I'm really tempted to get that F/Z BD Boxset 1 coming in November with the Eng. dubs. Anyone here watch it with dubs?
I watch things in sub, then dub. I just prefer a dub option, but even if it didn't have a dub option, I would have picked sub. I got my copy ready already.
Old 2013-10-07, 09:05   Link #1444
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

So...you're telling me you bought the import boxset and pre-ordered the in-house boxset? lol
Old 2013-10-07, 09:28   Link #1445
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

I traded it to someone else xD
Old 2013-10-07, 17:36   Link #1446
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

You traded a $400 box to someone?

STOP SPEAKING IN RIDDLES
Old 2013-10-11, 01:18   Link #1447
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

lol I traded my Fate/Zero $400 box so I can get Gurren Lagann Box (also it's signed).

And I got this:

Last edited by bhl88; 2013-11-13 at 20:32.
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 21:09   Link #1448
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Goddammit, I might just order it tomorrow lol. So tempting.
Old 2013-11-13, 21:24   Link #1449
GDB

I'm ordering it whenever I put my next order in with rightstuf. Trying to save it as a shipping padder for an order that would otherwise only be like, $25 or something.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-15, 15:34   Link #1450
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Something that's $400 cheaper than the import... what a great discount. The Einzbern show was dropped to protect the import.
Old 2013-11-15, 16:33   Link #1451
GDB

Wait, they cut the Einzbern specials? Now I'm reconsidering. It might be $300 less than the import, but it's still $150 for half the series. That's about 3x more than any Funimation or Sentai series.
Old 2013-11-15, 17:45   Link #1452
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Wait, they cut the Einzbern specials? Now I'm reconsidering. It might be $300 less than the import, but it's still $150 for half the series. That's about 3x more than any Funimation or Sentai series.
You didn't check it? (The photo also shows the contents as well)

◆ Disc Spec
■ Spoken Languages: Japanese & English
■ Subtitles: English and Spanish (* OP/ED themes and Bonus English subtitles only)
■ Aspect Ratio: 16:9 widescreen
■ Episodes: Episodes 1- 13
■ Number of Disc: 5 Discs (3 BD discs + 1 DVD + 1 CD)
■ Total Run Time: approx. 330 min.
■ Rating: 13 UP (lol 13 UP? They should have put 16 UP, but with the prices being above any teenager, I guess it would be enough...)

◆ BONUS CONTENTS
■ Trailer & PV Collections
■ 1st Season Textless Opening & Ending

◆ Bonus Materials & SPECIAL PACKAGE
■ Original Soundtrack CD 1
■ Exclusive Staff Interview DVD
■ Deluxe Booklet
■ Exclusive Bushiroad’s Weis Schwarz Collectible Card #1 (while supplies last)
■ Rigid Box illustrated by TAKASHI TAKEUCHI (Original Character Design)
■ Clear BD Cases with 2-sided Wraps

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
That's about 3x more than any Funimation or Sentai series.
That's the same words that people say as a reason for hating Aniplex's prices, but that would be a different topic and story (not really allowed anywhere here or it would end up being flame bait [threads of ANN when Aniplex releases something is proof, even Kara no Kyoukai and Madoka release threads have it]).
Old 2013-12-03, 19:04   Link #1453
Double_Edge
Cool Lander

Ok, so I want to buy this series but I have a few questions (as an American release). I remember when it first came out they had a SUB only blu ray release for $300.

Now I understand they have a S1 and S2 DUB/SUB release for $150+ each. My question is, why are these so expensive? I understand that it somehow relates to Japanese consumers importing American releases because they are cheaper. But I would like a more thorough or other explanations.

This is a 25 episode series that they are trying to sell for $300+. I don't understand what they are thinking. I have never ever seen prices like this for anime series' in America.

On principle, I am not going to buy it but I am scared they will not rerelease it at a reasonable price and it the price tag will be even more insane later down the road and I will inevitably regret not buying it

EDIT: This literally makes no sense to me. I'm currently purchasing/have purchased a bunch of series that I downloaded (because I like hard copies) and nothing has come close to this price. I''m even picking up some blu ray releases for less than $50. Hell, the blu ray releases of the ENTIRE F/SN will only set you back $70 What makes this series so special?
Old 2013-12-04, 03:51   Link #1454
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_Edge View Post
Ok, so I want to buy this series but I have a few questions (as an American release). I remember when it first came out they had a SUB only blu ray release for $300.

Now I understand they have a S1 and S2 DUB/SUB release for $150+ each. My question is, why are these so expensive? I understand that it somehow relates to Japanese consumers importing American releases because they are cheaper. But I would like a more thorough or other explanations.

This is a 25 episode series that they are trying to sell for $300+. I don't understand what they are thinking. I have never ever seen prices like this for anime series' in America.

On principle, I am not going to buy it but I am scared they will not rerelease it at a reasonable price and it the price tag will be even more insane later down the road and I will inevitably regret not buying it

EDIT: This literally makes no sense to me. I'm currently purchasing/have purchased a bunch of series that I downloaded (because I like hard copies) and nothing has come close to this price. I''m even picking up some blu ray releases for less than $50. Hell, the blu ray releases of the ENTIRE F/SN will only set you back $70 What makes this series so special?
Urobuchi... And Ryuunosuke. Well I'll ask a friend who likes Aniplex.

The only thing I know is that the demand is inflexible so they set the price high.
Old 2013-12-07, 19:52   Link #1455
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_Edge View Post

It's expensive because they need to make profit. Other companies make money else where so they can keep their prices low, Aniplex is not one of those. It's the worth money though, if you ask me. Great series that you can enjoy every time you watch it. And tragedy stories like this must be watched more than once to fully appreciate them.
Old 2013-12-07, 21:01   Link #1456
roxybudgy
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to roxybudgy Send a message via MSN to roxybudgy Send a message via Yahoo to roxybudgy
Wow... are they really selling Fate/Zero for $300 USD? That's like... $330 AUD atm.

Thank goodness for cheaper Australian releases. Madman is releaseing S1 of Fate Zero next year in February for $70 AUD (~$64 USD). I'm guessing S2 will also be the same price.

http://www.madman.com.au/catalogue/v...r-s-box-bluray

But then again, the Madman's release doesn't contain any special extra stuff.
roxybudgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 13:40   Link #1457
Double_Edge
Cool Lander

I don't understand why they need to charge $300+ to make a profit when other countries are charging half the price.

To hell with them. I'll keep my pirated fansub copy. I'm all for supporting the industry but with that kind of price tag, this segment of the industry obviously doesn't want support from people like me.
Old 2013-12-31, 15:20   Link #1458
Nerroth
NePoi!

UDON will be publishing English versions of the F/SN art books (based on the Réalta Nua version of the game).
Old 2014-01-02, 19:15   Link #1459
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
UDON will be publishing English versions of the F/SN art books (based on the Réalta Nua version of the game).
Some pictures:

And more could be found here: http://www.siliconera.com/2014/01/02...ublished-udon/
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-16, 10:26   Link #1460
GDB

For anyone who bought the English Fate/Zero blu-rays and got the Weiss Schwarz promos with them, PM me if you'd be willing to sell them and for how much.