2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.94%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-14, 11:07   Link #41
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

i really liked that episode a lot more than the first episode. cant wait for episode 3.

Old 2007-07-14, 12:56   Link #42
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

This episode was both extremely hilarious (Keiichi being framed as an underwear thief was pure gold) and very good setup for the presumably very dark part of this story arc. Comedy hinting at horrbile future (past?) events is not easy to pull off, hell most times even the mere combination of comedy and seriousness in a single series fails.

Old 2007-07-14, 14:20   Link #43
FireCooler

well... i cant understand why all of you are so contend. higurashi has always been so great for me because of its uniqeness. now it just feels like a comedy serie. ._.
im just missing all the conspirations and suspense. the preview didnt look like we could see some of this in the next episode either. (lets just hope we get to see some!)
uhhm...im kind of disappointed in the second season :-/ (or lets say, at least in the beginning of the sec season)
Old 2007-07-14, 14:38   Link #44
kozec

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireCooler View Post
well... i cant understand why all of you are so contend. higurashi has always been so great for me because of its uniqeness. now it just feels like a comedy serie. ._.
im just missing all the conspirations and suspense. the preview didnt look like we could see some of this in the next episode either. (lets just hope we get to see some!)
uhhm...im kind of disappointed in the second season :-/ (or lets say, at least in the beginning of the sec season)
Do you still remember first episode (and first half of second episode) from first season? Or first episode of Watanagashi-hen? It's exactly same as always, only now we know much more
Old 2007-07-14, 14:38   Link #45
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

... that's because it is the unique trait of the character, right?
you do actually realise that they are teenagers, and they were innocent from the start right? (ho please, don't tell me there weren't any of these in season 1. And it does give justice, since that was ommitted by DEEN several times)

Suspense and Conspirations? the episode 1 was plenty enough i think, oh well.

I'm not gonna flame you, but at least, if you were expecting Higurashi as a gory or a "dumb" detective story, you didn't really get the story telling, and it will disappoint you again.

I'm just wondering how it can deserve a 1. i'm sure a 5-6 can be understand, with some constructive critic, but talking about a weird disappointement is a bit beyond my understandings.

The series only begun, and its essence was there (comedy, drama, suspsense, and all weirdness). what do you expect more of this?
Old 2007-07-14, 14:40   Link #46
Nemesis2124

I'm just glad I can actually enjoy the comedic sections this time around, rather than yawn as I wait for something interesting to happen.
Old 2007-07-14, 14:48   Link #47
Kisuke06
I see...

Things start well... and end bad, just how Higurashi is, hehe.

Rika used a unfair strategy, who could resist to that?

Also, the kids talking about Keiichi while he was listening was another good scene.

It was interesting that they used some TIPS(Rika's dialogue and Shion taking care of Satoko, the pumpkin scene). Also in the end of the episode Satoko saying those words and Rika 'freaking out' thinking that Satoko mays had remembered something.

Also, it looks like DEEN is doing a better job this time, the quality of the animation was very good.
Old 2007-07-14, 16:42   Link #48
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisuke06 View Post
Rika used a unfair strategy, who could resist to that?
Do you by any means mean Rena??

Well, I thought that was a really great episode, just like all the other light-hearted ones were in the first season (like the watergun fight one), but knowing that this IS higurashi, I wouldnt be surprised with a plot turner in the next ep

That Zombie game was just hilarious, and yes Keiichi got owned multiple times by Satoko and Rena

I'm actually still waiting for the subs to come out, but watching the raw was already a great entertainment even though I don't understand Japanese at all

Wondering how this arc is going to go now, seems like Satoko is the main character
Old 2007-07-14, 16:49   Link #49
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
This may be spoilerish, but I'll try to explain
Spoiler:
I thought that both of them were always friendly towards each other (until the 2nd trigger in Watanagashi-hen/Meakashi-hen)? We know that they have been friendly ever since Shion escaped from school, and even tho there's the whole incident with Satoshi, Shion forgave Mion due to Mion going thru the same treatment that Shion was subjected to.

The real trigger for Watanagshi-hen should be
Spoiler:
, as those are the event that triggers the distrust between the sisters again.
Old 2007-07-14, 16:50   Link #50
kozec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Climbers View Post
I'm actually still waiting for the subs to come out, but watching the raw was already a great entertainment even though I don't understand Japanese at all
Maybe it's really stupid question, but why r u still waiting for something what I downloaded yesterday?
Old 2007-07-14, 17:33   Link #51
Davidj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
I thought that both of them were always friendly towards each other (until the 2nd trigger in Watanagashi-hen/Meakashi-hen)? We know that they have been friendly ever since Shion escaped from school, and even tho there's the whole incident with Satoshi, Shion forgave Mion due to Mion going thru the same treatment that Shion was subjected to.
Shion and Satoko weren't. From the perspective of this timeline, Shion woke up one morning and suddenly came to the resolution that the way to honor Satoshi's memory is to be Satoko's "bodyguard" and make her eat her vegetables, to do the kind of thing that Satoshi used to do for his sister. Up until that morning she regarded Satoko as a burden on her brother, the source of his unhappiness (heck, she once tried to bash Satoko's head in) but now she's done an abrupt about face in the last few days.

I
Old 2007-07-14, 17:40   Link #52
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Great episode in my mind. Really one of those lighter episodes at the start even though you know things are going to go south at some point.

Keeichi had a complete defeat this time. Getting hit by that first trap, but almost getting a win by dodging the remaining ones. Of course Shion showing up and hitting the teacher cost him that time. Then during the Zombie tag he had a good start tricking Satoko and holding out against that mental assault. But Rena costs him this game first by sacrificing him to the 'zombies' then pulling out an ultimate attack... That's a low blow, for sure. Nothing says defeat like walking around in some swan get-up.

Those injections are something I'm more interested in. It would seem reasonable to assume they are the ones Rika has been trying to use in the various arcs. Maybe its thanks to those that Satoko hasn't been the one going on a crazed rampage. It'd be handy if she could use those on a wider scale. But maybe she either has a limited supply to use and has to wait for symptoms to appear and by then it might be too late for her to use them since she's only so strong herself.

Episode 2 was good since it really feels like the show is back. Was really surprised by the defending Satoko Shion, but relieved she seems to be stable and not one we'll see going torture crazy. Plus to Keeichi for being very understanding of why no one told him about this so hopefully he won't do anything loony either. One right now that worries me is Satoko.
Old 2007-07-14, 17:58   Link #53
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidj View Post
Shion and Satoko weren't. From the perspective of this timeline, Shion woke up one morning and suddenly came to the resolution that the way to honor Satoshi's memory is to be Satoko's "bodyguard" and make her eat her vegetables, to do the kind of thing that Satoshi used to do for his sister. Up until that morning she regarded Satoko as a burden on her brother, the source of his unhappiness (heck, she once tried to bash Satoko's head in) but now she's done an abrupt about face in the last few days.

I

However, Shion's inner hate towards Satoko isn't the trigger of her behavour change in Watangashi-hen/Meakashi-hen.
Old 2007-07-14, 19:12   Link #54
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

^ It is hard to determine really how "far" she is friendly with satoko prior the arrival of Keiichi. Basically, not a lot of background was covered i think (well in season 1 anyway). But i agree her hate is most likely not related with her behaviour change. (that would be the opposite : the very first change as "mion" triggered the hate. aside of this... not really the origin of her madness)

well... sorry, got a bit late with several things to verify and so far...
second "ad" Analysis, thoughts and Random comments for Episode 2
Once again, no foretelling stuff, and it is much less TIPS dependent (well i guess...)
Old 2007-07-14, 20:09   Link #55
Kisuke06
I see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Climbers View Post
Do you by any means mean Rena??
Oh, yes. I always switch their names. lol
Old 2007-07-14, 21:02   Link #56
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

To quote Anonymous of 4chan: Rena was so moe, K1 popped a boner.

Light episode, but lot's of fun. As others have pointed out, even though this is an anime original arc, it's seamless that it started out on the same light-comedy note that every other arc to date has started out on. It'll be very interesting to see what direction this arc will take, though, and who, if anyone, will get the focus.

I can't believe that I only just noticed that Takano was voiced by Itou Miki. Undoubtedly, Higurashi has always had an all-star cast of very proficient seiyuu. Add in Horie Yui as you-know-who, and it really is one hell of a cast.

I'D TAKE RENA HOME!!!
Old 2007-07-14, 21:38   Link #57
Davidj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
However, Shion's inner hate towards Satoko isn't the trigger of her behavour change in Watangashi-hen/Meakashi-hen.
Yeah but we weren't talking about that. I was simply mystified by how Shion had done an unexplained 180 in her attitude toward Satoko.

That being said, this makes a difference. While Shion's inner hate towards Satoko isn't the trigger, her feelings about Satoshi are the primary stressor that drives her. That's why Shion goes nuts and Mion doesn't. Mion doesn't have that grief. Now that Shion sublimating it instead of just repressing them it's possible that she'd respond differently to the trigger anyway, should it happen. For one thing, she started impersonating her sister before Keiichi even knew she existed. She's less likely to do that now that Shion and Mion are spending more time together (if only because it's less practical. Both of them will be expected to show up to club events and the classroom) . So she might instead end up, say, but perhaps I say too much
Old 2007-07-14, 22:24   Link #58
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah the big surprise to me was Shion's change in attitude being far from what I've had the chance to see in the series so far. At least it would seem to eliminate the possibility of Shion going into a kill Satoko mode. Instead of being a trigger I just feel it reflects a change in Shion that should save us from going down that pathway.

Did enjoy the lightness of this episode. That would have to be one of the most extreme tag games I've seen in a while. A dangerous battle of wits, strategy, and ability to run away really really fast.

And yes I think quite few people would like to take Rena home .
Old 2007-07-14, 23:50   Link #59
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidj View Post
Yeah but we weren't talking about that. I was simply mystified by how Shion had done an unexplained 180 in her attitude toward Satoko.
To put it as simple as I can, it's all about whether there is an onset of doubt and mistrust or not. That is the key to each chapter.
Old 2007-07-15, 01:37   Link #60
Akabane_Kun
The no ending cycle...

For what we have seen so far whif the first epi dodging three chapters(onikakushi,watanagashi,meakashi)and the preview of epi 03 i think they are going to focus on satoko and prolly rikka past to inlight and prepare the watchers to the last too answering chapters of higurashi and at the same time give a litle review of the past question chapters of season 1
Closed Thread