AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2011-08-25, 19:30   Link #201
Shadow5YA

No! I must do it because it is there. What if something unlocks when I get all the medals?
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 19:36   Link #202
Qikz

My copy of the Limited Edition shipped today.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 19:38   Link #203
Fluegel

I stitched those together manually via the art in the gallery. I WAS going to stitch it as well, but I scrolled to far down by a few pixels and didn't feel like loading the game again and taking out the stick just to fix it.

Quote:
No! I must do it because it is there. What if something unlocks when I get all the medals?
Hate to break this to you (Or do I?)

But there's ANOTHER Safe Driving record that requires you beating 2 EX missions with no damage. And the Ex missions are significantly harder. Hell once has Mzma chasing you on foot and you have to fight him on the bike. It's actually hilarious because he's walking casually on foot.

Last edited by Fluegel; 2011-08-25 at 20:41.
Fluegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 22:18   Link #204
Shadow5YA

DAMMIT WHY

Feels bad... and you also know what feels bad? Hearing Stella giggle a few times when talking to Rothcol and audibly observing her gettting closer to him, only for the guy to get killed later. Even if my understanding of Japanese is limited I can tell that she was warming up to him.
Old 2011-08-25, 22:58   Link #205
Fluegel

Oh she was. As I mentioned in my earlier post, she got a bit jealous when Rothcol was blabbing on and on about another girl. She even dropped everything to protect the gift he gave her, even though it was just some cherries. (That's right, she ate his cherry. Sexual innuendo's AHOY!)

Also loling at how retarded the Atlus info is. Apparently Stella is now an Android? lulz.

Also I started doing these extra missions that pop up after getting the better ending, and I was kinda not wanting to because I thought they'd just be filler but....

Oh god these are hilarious. They give a LOT of insight into the other characters and their personalities, especially the Apostles, and just in general have some great moments. Even Nana has some. My favorite is the one where she's seemingly high in the woods and rambling about "THE SUN KING!" etc etc.

I've....Grown to love these apostles. (Minus the 2 yellow ones)

Another EX mission I did was the red Apostles, Mzma. I couldn't stop laughing because your on the bike going 100kmh, and he's just chasing you by walking casually and starting minor chit chat.

I was humming the Jaws theme while watching it.

As far as the order things work is, it's
->Main story missions

->Redo the "?" missions for altered events and keep doing them till you get the canon end

->4 Extra Nana Missions. 3 playable, and the 4th seems to take place after the ending, and is amusing as well. The 1st one actually unlocks the School girl outfit if you can meet the requirement.

After that there's a special scene with WRS saying something and trolling, then the camera pops up and shows all the apostles with her.

Basically, "We're Back Bitch!"

After that a series of newer EX missions for each of them start to pop up. And they do have full dialogue and are pretty amusing. Definitely not random filler missions.
Old 2011-08-25, 23:48   Link #206
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

how long you been playing this? 20h

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 00:23   Link #207
Fluegel

As of right now, 25:23:37.

Maybe take off an hour or two due to leaving it on to post on various forums.

The main story in the single run took around 12 or so hours.
Old 2011-08-26, 05:51   Link #208
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Currently done with Stage 1, with Records 1-12 done. However, the last 4 are quite a mystery to me: 13-14-16 are meant to be completed later?
What about 15? I see "chaser gun", but I can't find anything (be it chest or killing specific mob) for that record.
Old 2011-08-26, 09:24   Link #209
Fluegel

Those are limited to extra missions only. All 4. They won't unlock till after the game is cleared. (Both endings)
Old 2011-08-26, 12:40   Link #210
Shadow5YA

Ugh... I think I'll give up on 100% completing the Records until I get the localized version. For now I'll just settle on getting the true ending, because I want to see her be nice to Stella for once.
Old 2011-08-26, 16:32   Link #211
Fluegel

Some of the extra missions are just stupidly annoying. And the fact that that some of them can end instantly just by getting hit once even if your at the end of one is even more BS. And they're like the free hunting where there's no save points at all.

Randomly, there's a few things I've found odd about the game.

1: Despite having it in all of her artwork, promotional materials, and so on, Not once did Nana ever use that sword in the game. In fact, it literally does not even exist in even any of the cinematics or anything. The only thing that even appears is that mini rock cannon she has.

2: Even though there's a section for it, there's literally no Key items in the whole game to even get.

3: The 10 second scene that takes place right after the tutorial battle, never happened in this game. You don't even meet or know about WRS outside of at the end of the game.

Not to mention that Stella's packing gear that can't even be gotten until way into the post games extra missions, and also the insane levels of 99. The game itself caps at Lv.50.

She already has the Hyperion cannon.

Also Dead Master confirmed.
Spoiler for spoiler:

Also called as UEF-PSS, this is considered as the last remaining military force on Earth, composed of soldiers who fight as resistance forces against the invading forces. It is not yet certain if they secured an alliance with Black★Rock Shooter.

The game starts with them transferring the trailer Stella was in, and she basically joins them right there and then since she doesn't know anything about anything. The 1st mission in stage 2 is literally an introduction to the surviving PSS members (+Lars and Darry in the canon end). Stella herself becomes a member of PSS just like anyone else. Frank even knew her real name before even she did.

Nana has no relation to the PSS.

Last edited by Fluegel; 2011-08-26 at 17:41.
Old 2011-08-26, 19:36   Link #212
Shadow5YA

Actually, there was one key item in my menu as I was attempting to unlock the canon end. It was the teddy bear Lars found, which is why it disappears from your Key Items inventory after you revisit the cutscene with Nana in her log cabin.

And I thought the reason why Nana never uses her sword is because she gave all of her weapons to Stella.

As for the tutorial battle, I'm fairly certain that was set in the apostle's lair in Japan, where Stella was trying to rescue Nana and XNFE kept trolling her. WRS appearing could happen at any time since supposedly she's been watching the entire time. As for mention of her, Singer-Love has been mentioned since the very beginning, and her connection to Stella and Nana has been mentioned back in the log cabin.
Old 2011-08-26, 19:44   Link #213
Fluegel

Stella's sword is different. It's not even the same color.

And it was inside the City Eater, against a Dead Master. However Stella flat out saw WRS. That didn't happen in the whole mission. Plus as said all her gear and most of her skills were all past end game stuff.

If anything it's a scene from a later game. We already know the 2nd game has been in development for a while.
Old 2011-08-26, 20:11   Link #214
Shadow5YA

I wouldn't make a big deal about the story about gear and levels in an RPG. More than likely it was meant to be sort of a scripted battle where it was impossible for you to lose.
It's possible that it's a flashforward to the sequel, but that doesn't have to be the case.
Old 2011-08-26, 20:20   Link #215
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

So the Dead Master is probably a shoutout to the original Dead Master, but how about John Doe? Plus, that's a lot of mecha in those galleries.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 20:34   Link #216
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

are key items possible DLC?
Old 2011-08-26, 21:09   Link #217
Shadow5YA

So when does Nana stop being mean to Stella? I'm redoing Stage 4 Mission 2 and she's still as bitchy as ever.

Am I supposed to give certain directions on ths mission for the canon end?
Old 2011-08-26, 21:19   Link #218
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Is this game even fun? It looks way too repetitive.
Old 2011-08-26, 21:29   Link #219
Fluegel

Eh, it really does get repetative. The combat system overall never changes. I'm mainly playing for the story, and because Stella is love....Love in a skimpy swimsuit and school uniform with stockings, panties, and garterbelts. >.>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
So when does Nana stop being mean to Stella? I'm redoing Stage 4 Mission 2 and she's still as bitchy as ever.

Am I supposed to give certain directions on ths mission for the canon end?
Those choices mean nothing. You just get different dialogue out of them. And You can't even get the canon end until AFTER you've beaten the game once.

Like I mentioned before,
After you load your clear data, go back to stage one and look for the missions with the ? mark on it. It should be the 2nd mission. Then at the end you'll now get a question. Choose the bottom answer.

This time Stella will fight the boss, and Darry and Lars won't die. Then switch to stage 2 mission one which should also have a ? mark. Do it, and when you talk to the now surviving Lars, He'll give Stella the teddy bear which starts the new scenes to get the canon ending.

Basically, replay all missions that have a ? mark and you'll get the canon ending when you beat it again.

After getting the canon ending, you'll get new missions featuring Nana.

The 1st one is a test in Moscow to see if you can deal 50,000 damage within 3 minutes. Getting 99,999 damage gives you the swimsuit. But don't even bother with that, I BARELY made it and I had the best gear and skills at lv.50 aside from the Hyperion cannon.

after you do her missions, a scene with WRS and crew happens, and now new Extra missions show up revolving around the 6 apostles. 3 normal ones, and the 4th being a rematch fight. (all are level 51). After that they'll each get a special movie. All of which are hilarious.

Also Green is banging purple. >.>
Old 2011-08-26, 21:32   Link #220
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Also Green is banging purple. >.>
That's not a surprise. From what I translated from the Japanese article on BRS, LLWO and MEFE is canon.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote