AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-13, 19:48   Link #61
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Visual novels have extremely low volume sales in comparison with the average Big Game.... 5000 to 10000 unit sales would be pretty good. Like any "special niche" product, low volume translates to higher cost per unit.

And frankly, yeah, I've purchased a couple of them but see no reason to add more. For my perspective, its very old technology... I think it'd be fascinating if they took the modern tech of the Dragon Age series and applied it to a visual novel (of course, I joke that Dragon Age *IS* a visual novel... or at least a visual novel RPG... something like Utawarerumono was).
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
Depends on the size of the developer. The 40Ksales for the first part of EF were considered weaker than expected and the major Key/Leaf/Type-Moon releases can easily break 100K. That said, I think that five or ten thousand is considered good for a small developer.

In many cases I get the impression that the games are just a way of wrapping a story around some very high quality artwork, although some games have impressive storylines as well (Ever 17, etc.).

Kirino's 9000 yens games are more Eroge. Full-size large release Eroge are usually between 7000-9500 yen range. (check getcu.com for reference, and 18+ only) On the other hand, those games are usually limited edition (in term of what most console games packageing is) usually packed with omeke, OST, VA sounds, wallpapers, beta demos, previews, etc. So they are not really more expensive than say PS3/Xbox 360 games. Limited edition cost $10 - 30 more here in U.S. as well.

Not to mention many smaller VN develop company only have handful of people and VN games are much easier to make and that brought down cost considerably since biggest cost is always the wages (anywhere between 40-70% of entire cost).

And don't sell VN games short, nowadays, 200,000 unit can be consider Big Game release. I mean, Big Game discount series has all lowered their requirement on all platform compare to 10,15 years ago, for example Sony's Greatest Hit requirement used to be minimum 500K, than lowers to 300K and I believe it now 250K and Nintendo's value series used to be 1 million and is then 750k and I don't even know if they still do that any more.

Also VN games are not niche genre, eroge is. Larger release like Amagami and KimiKiss all sold comparatively well against other big games release and they, themselves were considered as big game release when they did had had huge hype. Hell, as whole an average VN game probably sold more than average FPS game or action game. And as big of hit as Dynasty Warrior series are in Japan, it's sell are roughly 300-500K per game and larger VN games can easily hit those marks. BTW, most game of all genre and usually make the money back with about 30k. It's the larger release that requires larger sales because of the higher production cost. Games like FF have to sell 200K-300K just to offset production value and they expect a million because that that where they expect their profit for the year will come from.
Old 2011-06-14, 14:38   Link #62
Myname

I haven't watched this yet but I see that there are a few "alternate" endings to this series. One of which follows the LN. Does this mean that the LN has ended already?
Old 2011-06-14, 15:55   Link #63
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myname View Post
I haven't watched this yet but I see that there are a few "alternate" endings to this series. One of which follows the LN. Does this mean that the LN has ended already?
No, the Light Novels are still on-going, and the anime does not go that far in the story.

Spoiler for A bit more detail, since you haven't watched the show yet, but no plot details:

So basically, even though the anime has two "Endings", neither of them represent the final ending of the overall story.
Old 2012-04-27, 18:50   Link #64
ponyo

Did the author of the original work write those Animated Commentaries for this series.
Old 2012-06-03, 00:15   Link #65
roankun
Tsundere Lover

Answer to the one above: Yes, she's the one listed for the scenario in the credits.

My question: What happened to the manga? I know that there's a Kuroneko spin-off ongoing, but what happened to the OreImo manga?
I haven't read it yet, but I was starting to think that I should get around to it, then I saw that it stopped at volume 4 last year? Was it cancelled or something?
I can't seem to find any info on this except for Wikipedia which kinda implies that the last of the serialization was in mid-2011...

Last edited by roankun; 2012-06-03 at 00:30.
Old 2012-06-03, 03:07   Link #66
Mystic_Vegetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by roankun View Post
Answer to the one above: Yes, she's the one listed for the scenario in the credits.

My question: What happened to the manga? I know that there's a Kuroneko spin-off ongoing, but what happened to the OreImo manga?
I haven't read it yet, but I was starting to think that I should get around to it, then I saw that it stopped at volume 4 last year? Was it cancelled or something?
I can't seem to find any info on this except for Wikipedia which kinda implies that the last of the serialization was in mid-2011...
The manga wasn't cancelled. From what I was told, the manga was put on hold when they decided to shift focus and make the Ore no Kouhai Manga instead. Supposedly, once the Ore no Kouhai manga is finished, they'll resume the original work.
Old 2012-06-03, 05:41   Link #67
roankun
Tsundere Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic_Vegetto View Post
the manga was put on hold when they decided to shift focus and make the Ore no Kouhai Manga instead. Supposedly, once the Ore no Kouhai manga is finished, they'll resume the original work.
Oh, I see... I have mixed feelings about that...
I wonder how long it'll be...
Thanks for answering!
Old 2012-06-04, 16:25   Link #68
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I don't know if it was "put on hold" so much as it reached an ending point. I'm not sure if they do intend to continue it or not, as there's some overlap in the content of the new manga, even if the heroine is different. It's possible that they just decided to have the manga go a different route than the novels (and, presumably, anime).
Old 2013-01-07, 22:14   Link #69
GVN.Chaos

Anyone know what's the name of Kirino's novel?
My raw said it is 妹空(妹空(まいそら)). (Empty Sister :-? ) I have absolutely no idea how to translate that.
Old 2013-01-08, 02:58   Link #70
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN.Chaos View Post
Anyone know what's the name of Kirino's novel?
My raw said it is 妹空(妹空(まいそら)). (Empty Sister :-? ) I have absolutely no idea how to translate that.
I think it's a rather silly pun. The two kanji are "Imouto" and "Sora". But the reading is forced to "mai" (from like "shimai" and "gimai"), which is probably just to be the English word "My". I don't really know how you can represent this sort of pun in English, but I guess you could make it into something like "Sister Sky; My Sky" or maybe twist it into "My (Sister) Sky". If you were a North American anime licensor, you'd probably do "Maisora: Sister Sky", which doesn't make much sense really, but there you go.

(The insinuation of the overlap between "Imouto" and "My" is that the sky is one and the same (shared). So like "My sister and I; Under the Same Sky" would be a really long form. In other words, it's a sibling romance story. It's possible that they were taking some inspiration from "Yosuga no Sora", also a sibling romance story (eroge) released around the same time that also had some funniness about the way it was written (all in katakana).)
Old 2013-01-08, 09:48   Link #71
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I think it's a rather silly pun. The two kanji are "Imouto" and "Sora". But the reading is forced to "mai" (from like "shimai" and "gimai"), which is probably just to be the English word "My". I don't really know how you can represent this sort of pun in English, but I guess you could make it into something like "Sister Sky; My Sky" or maybe twist it into "My (Sister) Sky". If you were a North American anime licensor, you'd probably do "Maisora: Sister Sky", which doesn't make much sense really, but there you go.

(The insinuation of the overlap between "Imouto" and "My" is that the sky is one and the same (shared). So like "My sister and I; Under the Same Sky" would be a really long form. In other words, it's a sibling romance story. It's possible that they were taking some inspiration from "Yosuga no Sora", also a sibling romance story (eroge) released around the same time that also had some funniness about the way it was written (all in katakana).)
I'm just a translator working on the baka-tsuki. So ...I guess I will go with "My sister and I; Under the Same Sky". May I added your explanation in the reference?
Old 2013-01-12, 15:35   Link #72
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

So. can anyone spoil me who is the last heroine of the novel series or its still ongoing?
Old 2013-01-12, 15:36   Link #73
Sumeragi
Banned

What do you mean last heroine?

Also, last volume will be coming up.
Old 2013-01-16, 00:57   Link #74
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
What do you mean last heroine?

Also, last volume will be coming up.
who is the most favorable to be the protagonist girl, what i meant.
Old 2013-01-16, 03:46   Link #75
Sumeragi
Banned

There is no real "most favorable". It's a three-way equal match between Kirino (taking out the incest issue), Ruri, and Ayase.
Old 2013-01-16, 08:54   Link #76
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
who is the most favorable to be the protagonist girl, what i meant.
Vol 5 novel stated that Kyousuke likes girl with long and black hair, so technically only Ruri and Ayase count. If Kirino goes back to her original color, well.....
Old 2013-01-31, 01:23   Link #77
Haiprbim
Banned

Hello.

I have a small question.

The first season of Ore no Imōto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai was airing from October 3, 2010 to December 19, 2010.

Now, a second season is coming out in April 2013.

The first season has 12 original episodes as well as 4 ONAs (Original Net Animation).

Now, usually, if the second season starts, the story continues from where it was left in the original episodes, not OVAs or ONAs.

I would have no issue believing it for this case as well, but as there are two episodes 12, one being an original one and one being an ONA one, I got interested.

The original one's name: Good End
The ONA one's name: True Route

This word true is bugging me, because true is true, lol.

So, if you possibly know, will the second season continue where it was left off from the Original episodes or the ONA's?

Note: ONA's continue to be Episode 12, 13, 14 and 15 after the 12 original episodes end, not something special.

Thanks for your time.
Old 2013-01-31, 05:05   Link #78
Sumeragi
Banned

ONA route. That is the story based on the novels.
Old 2013-01-31, 09:38   Link #79
Haiprbim
Banned

So, the season 2 will continue from the ONA route?

Okay, thank-you very much.
Old 2013-01-31, 20:13   Link #80
sleepingleo

In simple terms, yes (it's the True Route after all). OTherwise it would have to be an all original scenario since Kirino has to leave for a while so it can follow the novel plot.
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a