AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-11-05, 07:55   Link #1061
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Least convincing smile ever:

Spoiler for I couldn't be happier, Shujin:
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 11:35   Link #1062
Starshipw
Free Opinions Available

Takagi could easily have a second career as an editor when he is done writing. As a matter of fact I can easily see him as senior editor of Jack.
Starshipw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 15:51   Link #1063
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Final Page 5: Step and Watch

I do not want to be hasty jumping into conclusion when there's still so much to see far ahead with the episodes, however, I feel that in this third season the pacing is going fast that the staff actually is dropping subplots from the manga to keep the focus tightened around each story arcs' main issues.

This was even more evident with Mashiros' second thoughts about Takagi serving as consultant and writer to Shiratori's Rabuta and Peace. I'll preferably not spoil about it, until most of everyone here see the next episode.
Nevertheless, this episode was conscious about raising a very discussed topic regarding manga, whether it is taken as a fine art of expression or a commercial art sold to entertain masses. If you ask me, it all depends on the person's attitude reflected upon his or her own work, though companies are always about money-making business; Jack's a magazine after all and has to sell.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 23:40   Link #1064
larethian

Episode 6

Totally disappointed with the episode. The pacing was too fast and too many things were cut out. Azuki first heard about PCP not going to be made into an anime and she was totally taken out of the picture from the 'cold war' between Mashiro and Takagi, among other stuff, were cut out. And it's a pity we didn't get to hear about how Hiramaru came up with his new manga (thanks to his experience with Yoshida's manipulations)
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 14:48   Link #1065
ookamigirl

Leaders Fest - Arai, Eiji, Aoki, Hiramaru and Ashirogi Mutou.
Now that's some serious competition.
Mashiro trying to do a one shot on his own, now that's interesting.
Doing two mangas at the same time was not easy on him.
Looks like everyone will be doing a love story this time.
It's nice things got back to normal between Mashiro and Shuujin.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 15:04   Link #1066
Marower

As for someone who hasn't read this part of the manga, this episode was perfect. I was worried it would be a long and annoying arc, which was what I could gather from the previous episodes, but it resolved quickly and nicely.

Marower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 19:58   Link #1067
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well at least the Rabuta stuff has been dealt with. I was almost thinking Takagi was waiting on Mashiro to pull it together and tell him not to work on Rabuta. Instead just worked hard to resolve the problem by making it so he wouldn't need to work on that. It's fine anyways since not like he could work on 3 pieces at the same time and that story wasn't really his style and would be tough to work on all the time.

It really is amazing. Hiramaru is just so damn talented he can put together incredible manga even though he doesn't want to work . Of course he's being used rather effectively using Aoki as a lure.
Old 2012-11-13, 22:55   Link #1068
Starshipw
Free Opinions Available

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Totally disappointed with the episode. The pacing was too fast and too many things were cut out. Azuki first heard about PCP not going to be made into an anime and she was totally taken out of the picture from the 'cold war' between Mashiro and Takagi, among other stuff, were cut out. And it's a pity we didn't get to hear about how Hiramaru came up with his new manga (thanks to his experience with Yoshida's manipulations)
I also wanted to see Eiji and Iwase's reactions to finishing last.
Old 2012-11-18, 22:18   Link #1069
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Final Page 6: Punch and Independence

Again for the sixth episode the writers dropped out or omitted subplot content from the manga. It's naturally that they'll want to cover the rest of the manga in this current series, since the former ended serialization about eight months ago.

But, I digress that they're skipping some precious stuff that deals with thing from the other members of team Fukuda's point of view. In summary, the writers are just keeping the spotlight only on Ashirogi Muto.

They skipped practically all the Super Love Festa mini-arc and handed only the results for the rankings to make more room on Ashirogi Muto seemingly heading separate ways when Mashiro had his hands only for the one-shot love story, while Takagi temporarily moved on to Shiratori's place to know more about Peace's behavior in order to come up with realistic ideas for the manga Rabuta and Peace.

At the end, Takagi all along realized eventually that Shiratori also had the potential to do his own storytelling and dialogue, coaching the latter with some short but intensive tutoring. Consequently, Shiratori became capable of coming up to do all of his manga by himself, and Takagi returned to Mashiro to be back again the duo Ashirogi Muto in time for the love story one-shot and going back to do PCP at their own pace.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 22:44   Link #1070
Starshipw
Free Opinions Available

Chapter 7. At last they give a little bit of reaction about the Love Fest rankings, but I still can't imagine why they completely omitted Eiji.

Of course the highlight is Hiramaru's tea date. Manga readers knew it would be a treat and it did not disappoint.
Old 2012-11-22, 11:42   Link #1071
ookamigirl

Ashirogi Muto really have grown a lot.
Akito's new idea of an unorthodox battle manga was interesting.
Hiramaru & Aoki date...
That guy really went out of his way to get some privacy with Aoki.
Yoshida had his hands full with chasing those two.
At least everyone except Yoshida encouraged him to confess.
The biggest surprise was that she actually accepted.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 12:03   Link #1072
Uribatake

Since I'm not a big fan of the Love Festa/Rabuta & Peace arc, I wasn't that displeased with how the anime rushed through it, but the bit with Takagi and Mashiro punching each other rang a little false to me because they didn't really show the strain Takagi's work on Rabuta was putting on his partnership with Mashiro and his marriage to Kaya.

To be honest, my least favorite parts of Bakuman tend to be the ones where the main characters face obstacles caused by their own bad decisions, and this arc falls squarely into this category, just like Mashiro's hospitalization and the whole Tanto debacle.

On the other hand, the way they adapted my favorite manga chapter (Hiramaru's date with Aoki) was just about perfect. I was afraid they were going to skip or shorten it because the main characters play a very small part in it, but they gave it just the room it needed.
Uribatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 17:49   Link #1073
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Yoshida really is a bastard. I was glad Hiramaru stood up to him at least a little, though he didn't end up getting his break.
Old 2012-11-23, 02:17   Link #1074
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Yes. But he's looking out for Hiramaru('s career), in his way.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 05:02   Link #1075
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Yes. But he's looking out for Hiramaru('s career), in his way.
He's looking out for his own career. Hiramaru is only of interest for how much he can help before he's used up and tossed away.
Old 2012-11-23, 11:25   Link #1076
Uribatake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
He's looking out for his own career. Hiramaru is only of interest for how much he can help before he's used up and tossed away.
I disagree. I think he was genuinely concerned about the heartbreak Hiramaru would go through if Aoki turned him down.
Uribatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 19:52   Link #1077
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

And I think that's completely disproved by Yoshida's own words, never mind his behavior. If he was concerned about Hiramaru's heart being broken, it was only because he wouldn't be a productive mangaka with a broken heart.
Old 2012-11-24, 02:51   Link #1078
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Well, yes. But take away Hiramaru's career, and what do you have? A crazy, crazy guy unfit for polite society with a mountain of debts.

To him, it's all one. Hiramaru has nothing but his talent, and things like love are forever out of his reach.
Old 2012-11-24, 06:13   Link #1079
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Gee, I wonder whose fault it is Hiramaru has a mountain of debts?
Old 2012-11-24, 06:17   Link #1080
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I'm not saying Yoshida didn't play a role, but it was always going to be like that. See how casually he bought a second sports car.

Tags
comedy, comic works, coming of age, shounen