Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-24, 08:23   Link #41
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk View Post
Oh he changed him name, similar to Ace.
You must be right. Becuase Ace used to be Ace and now is Ace and that makes a lot of sense.
So Dragon used to be Dragon, but now is Dragon because he has this ability.

Ace choose his name to be Portuges not only because he loved his mom more, but also because if he was named Gol D. then he'd be already dead. I bet Garp himself wouldn't let Ace name himself Gol D. Ace...
Old 2009-08-24, 08:24   Link #42
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Seeing that Marco transformed his arms into wings, I think its safe to say Lafitte has a bird Zoan as well.

The model I want to see most now is Model: Tanuki.

Yes that are his balls. Sorry I couldnt really resist :3
Old 2009-08-24, 08:35   Link #43
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Yep, Tanuki, in Japanese folklore represents fertility besides having the ability to transform into anything.

I want a Zoan with the ability to transform into anything and not just the three basic forms plus Awakened and such.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-08-24, 11:16   Link #44
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Yep, Tanuki, in Japanese folklore represents fertility besides having the ability to transform into anything.

I want a Zoan with the ability to transform into anything and not just the three basic forms plus Awakened and such.
No that kind of fruit would ruin all other zoans and its pretty boring.
Old 2009-08-24, 12:30   Link #45
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
You must be right. Becuase Ace used to be Ace and now is Ace and that makes a lot of sense.
So Dragon used to be Dragon, but now is Dragon because he has this ability.
Ace choose his name to be Portuges not only because he loved his mom more, but also because if he was named Gol D. then he'd be already dead. I bet Garp himself wouldn't let Ace name himself Gol D. Ace...
Well obviously, he was using the name Gol D. Ace. If he wasn't, why would he say he dropped it and adopted Portgas? Him keeping his name as Gol D. Ace doesn't mean he would be dead either. People don't know everybody's whole name. Rayleigh, Shanks, Sanji, Nami, Usopp, Franky, etc.

And its not impossible for Dragon to have changed his real name to Dragon. Especially because I can't imagine somebody actually naming their child Dragon. Even if Dragon is his real name, him eating a Mythical-Zoan Dragon Fruit could simply be fate, The Will of D. or something. For example, Luffy's name is Monkey D. Luffy, and he acts just like a monkey, compliments of his DF (him swinging around from place to place, during battles or otherwise.

They're just possibilities.
Old 2009-08-27, 08:22   Link #46
Wolcik

Quote:
Well obviously, he was using the name Gol D. Ace. If he wasn't, why would he say he dropped it and adopted Portgas? Him keeping his name as Gol D. Ace doesn't mean he would be dead either. People don't know everybody's whole name. Rayleigh, Shanks, Sanji, Nami, Usopp, Franky, etc.

And its not impossible for Dragon to have changed his real name to Dragon. Especially because I can't imagine somebody actually naming their child Dragon. Even if Dragon is his real name, him eating a Mythical-Zoan Dragon Fruit could simply be fate, The Will of D. or something. For example, Luffy's name is Monkey D. Luffy, and he acts just like a monkey, compliments of his DF (him swinging around from place to place, during battles or otherwise.

Me neighter, I can imagine someone calling his child Ryu or Dragon. WB has earthquake manipulation so why Dragon can't have strom manipulation of some sort. That didn't have to be his ability neighter, because he has an army. Somehow I doubt that someone with such tattoo on his face would change into zoan.
Old 2009-08-27, 20:28   Link #47
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Me neighter, I can imagine someone calling his child Ryu or Dragon. WB has earthquake manipulation so why Dragon can't have strom manipulation of some sort. That didn't have to be his ability neighter, because he has an army. Somehow I doubt that someone with such tattoo on his face would change into zoan.
You never know what the tattoo could stand for. Like I said before I was just throwing out possibilities. Whitebeard has a earthquake manipluation, and cause tsunami's and etc. If you read a little on Greek Mythology, Whitebeard was based of the Greek God Poseidon.

So if Dragon, the Most Wanted Man in the World, had a powerful fruit that can manipulate weather. Dragon's in Asian culture are known to have influence of weather, it may vary from culture to culture though.
Old 2009-08-28, 05:07   Link #48
Wolcik

Quote:
You never know what the tattoo could stand for. Like I said before I was just throwing out possibilities. Whitebeard has a earthquake manipluation, and cause tsunami's and etc. If you read a little on Greek Mythology, Whitebeard was based of the Greek God Poseidon.

So if Dragon, the Most Wanted Man in the World, had a powerful fruit that can manipulate weather. Dragon's in Asian culture are known to have influence of weather, it may vary from culture to culture though.
So basicly unless Oda tells what degree of power does WB posses and what source it is from we don't know if there can be a wheater fruit.

I don't need to read on Greek Mythology, because Poseidon is like a basic knowladge - the trouble starts with smaller gods.
Old 2009-08-28, 17:12   Link #49
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
No that kind of fruit would ruin all other zoans and its pretty boring.

Eh, I don't see anything wrong with a tanuki fruit. It would basically be a Zoan version of Bon Clay's power, anyway.

Anyway, as far as mythical Japanese monsters go, I think a Tengu Zoan would be pretty neat. I guess they can also be considered bird Zoans since they're usually associated with them, anyway. Heh, if Lafitte ate a bird fruit, I guess there's a chance that HE may be a tengu, huh....?

Also, I guess another reason I'd like to see this Zoan is because I want to see another character with a long nose that rivals Usopp's and Kaku's.
Old 2009-08-28, 17:52   Link #50
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
So basicly unless Oda tells what degree of power does WB posses and what source it is from we don't know if there can be a wheater fruit.
I dont really understand what you were getting at. But I'm not saying that what your opinion is wrong. It all depends on where Oda draws his influences. And since in Asia, Dragon's are known to influence over weather. Dragon appeared and mysterious lightning struck where Luffy was, then a powerful gust, Dragons can fly (Dragon was known for suddenly disappearing without a trace), and his name is Dragon so yeah.

Quote:
I don't need to read on Greek Mythology, because Poseidon is like a basic knowladge - the trouble starts with smaller gods.
Oh really, I didn't know a thing about Poseidon until I saw another poster mention it, then I checked it out. The only greek god I know of is Zeus.
Old 2009-08-28, 19:05   Link #51
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Errrr, Zeus, Hera, Herkules, Appollon, Poseidon, Ares and so on is something everyone has at least heard once :3 You should open yourself a bit more to the world :333
Old 2009-08-29, 04:55   Link #52
Wolcik

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Eh, I don't see anything wrong with a tanuki fruit. It would basically be a Zoan version of Bon Clay's power, anyway.

Anyway, as far as mythical Japanese monsters go, I think a Tengu Zoan would be pretty neat. I guess they can also be considered bird Zoans since they're usually associated with them, anyway. Heh, if Lafitte ate a bird fruit, I guess there's a chance that HE may be a tengu, huh....?

Also, I guess another reason I'd like to see this Zoan is because I want to see another character with a long nose that rivals Usopp's and Kaku's.
So Tanuki could be another mystical fruit, but I don't think that it would be very much battle one. The whole transformation can't be a rip off of upgrade of other fruit because it destroy the sense of that furit. So I'm guessing that Tanuki person could imitate any animal, not a person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Errrr, Zeus, Hera, Herkules, Appollon, Poseidon, Ares and so on is something everyone has at least heard once :3 You should open yourself a bit more to the world :333
They teach that at school here Oo'
Old 2009-08-29, 12:07   Link #53
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
I do open up myself to World when I have free time from the world I live in. Meaning I'm more focused on things that are relevant, that affects me directly. But I do read mythology when I feel like taking a time out and read a little, just not Greek mythology. It never really drew my interest.
Old 2009-09-05, 01:33   Link #54
Big Daddy

Quote:

Kinda bad example since Gold Roger was much more famous than Rayleigh...I'm 99% sure if someones name was Gol D Ace they would be associated with roger in an instant with everyone who had been out of their house in the last 20 years. None of the people you mentioned were close to as famous as Roger.
Old 2009-09-05, 06:03   Link #55
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
Kinda bad example since Gold Roger was much more famous than Rayleigh...I'm 99% sure if someones name was Gol D Ace they would be associated with roger in an instant with everyone who had been out of their house in the last 20 years. None of the people you mentioned were close to as famous as Roger.
What are you talking about Rayleigh is a fuckin' legend dude. Rayleigh IS as famous as Roger, he name is renowned around the World, written in books, everybody heard the name at least one. Go back and read the Chapter titled Roger and Rayleigh.

Dragon's not as famous as Roger??? The whole marines entirely went ballistic just from hearing his name! Even Name and Sanji looked like they were about to shit themselves from learning of Dragon. The whole world knows who is Dragon, at least what he's about.

You're kinda not understanding something, Gol D. Roger, the Famous Pirate King, of 22 years ago was indeed incredibly known. But that was 22 years ago, and you have pirates now that shaken the seas and revolutionaries that are fighting against the World Government. They are making much more noise than Roger, mainly being because Roger isn't around anymore.

And even if people heard the name Gol D. Ace, like I said before, people probably just called Ace, Ace. And obviously before Ace was wanted he name was already changed to Portgas.
Old 2009-09-05, 12:40   Link #56
Big Daddy

Quote:
What are you talking about Rayleigh is a fuckin' legend dude. Rayleigh IS as famous as Roger, he name is renowned around the World, written in books, everybody heard the name at least one. Go back and read the Chapter titled Roger and Rayleigh.

Dragon's not as famous as Roger??? The whole marines entirely went ballistic just from hearing his name! Even Name and Sanji looked like they were about to shit themselves from learning of Dragon. The whole world knows who is Dragon, at least what he's about.

You're kinda not understanding something, Gol D. Roger, the Famous Pirate King, of 22 years ago was indeed incredibly known. But that was 22 years ago, and you have pirates now that shaken the seas and revolutionaries that are fighting against the World Government. They are making much more noise than Roger, mainly being because Roger isn't around anymore.

And even if people heard the name Gol D. Ace, like I said before, people probably just called Ace, Ace. And obviously before Ace was wanted he name was already changed to Portgas.
I still think Roger is way way way more famous than any of them. To me, gold roger is like elvis presly. He might of died a while ago, but EVERYONE knows who he is.

Not to mention people called Rayleigh "Silvers Rayleigh". We don't even know what his full name is yet. That is like saying Zoro is as famous as Luffy...he's not, and it's not even an argument. Half the crew said they knew they saw him in a book at one time". How does that equal the fame of the pirate king? Not to mention the whole crew was surprised that he was on the pirate kings ship...they didn't even know that. Need i go on?

Edit: I'll admit i didn't notice you put Dragon on the list, and that might be an exception. When Ace was born though, he was born either at the height of Gol D Roger or a few years after he died.

I still think that the Pirate King who shaped a new era is more famous than Monkey D Dragon, but that is up to debate :/
Old 2009-09-05, 16:43   Link #57
Wolcik

I'd say that Roger is known like Jesus. Then Dragon is like Elvis and Rayleh is Darth Vader.
The reason why Roger is more known that everybody else is that Luffy knows about him, and he bearly knows which sea his from. Luffy was exited about town that Roger came from but he didn't knew who exactly his father was untill he was told.
Old 2009-09-05, 21:18   Link #58
Big Daddy

wonder if there is a King Kong or Godzilla fruit for the mythical zoan....that would be awesome IMO.
Old 2009-09-06, 08:04   Link #59
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
I still think Roger is way way way more famous than any of them. To me, gold roger is like elvis presly. He might of died a while ago, but EVERYONE knows who he is.
I think Elvis Presley is a bad example, because they are a lot of young people who don't know who he is.

Quote:
Not to mention people called Rayleigh "Silvers Rayleigh". We don't even know what his full name is yet. That is like saying Zoro is as famous as Luffy...he's not, and it's not even an argument. Half the crew said they knew they saw him in a book at one time".
You can't really say that about Zoro, because the Strawhats are just starting to make noise on the Seas, with the Enies Lobby Arc. Give it a while, Zoro is going to rise to notoriety in his own right, while at the same time being Luffy's Right-Hand Man.
Quote:
How does that equal the fame of the pirate king? Not to mention the whole crew was surprised that he was on the pirate kings ship...they didn't even know that. Need i go on?
That's incorrect, if you go back read the Roger and Rayleigh chapter again, they didn't know he was on the Pirate King's ship because he didn't mention his name yet. At first he just says that he was on the Pirate King's ship, then when he tells them who he is, they instantly recognized him. And Kidd and Law recognized him instantly in the Slave Trading House.

Quote:
Edit: I'll admit i didn't notice you put Dragon on the list, and that might be an exception. When Ace was born though, he was born either at the height of Gol D Roger or a few years after he died.

I still think that the Pirate King who shaped a new era is more famous than Monkey D Dragon, but that is up to debate :/
Ace was born a year n a half after Roger's death. Then on top of that, he remained hidden on the island under the care of Garp's special friend until he was old enough to leave the island.

I would say that Gol D. Roger, the Pirate King, who shaped this current era, is the most important (or more like the foundation of the story), but not the most famous. I'm open and normally I would accept things as possibilities, but its not even a possibility, you can't a say a person who died 22 years ago is still the most famous. If anybody on the Seas is the most famous, its Whitebeard, because he is now known as the Strongest Man alive and the "King of the Seas" as quoted by Garp. And not even the Pirate King could overpower him.

Quote:
wonder if there is a King Kong or Godzilla fruit for the mythical zoan....that would be awesome IMO.
I think X. Drake might cover the Godzilla fruit. He could probably grow like.... 5x larger.

Last edited by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk; 2009-09-06 at 13:47.
Old 2009-09-06, 14:51   Link #60
Wolcik

Quote:
I would say that Gol D. Roger, the Pirate King, who shaped this current era, is the most important (or more like the foundation of the story), but not the most famous. I'm open and normally I would accept things as possibilities, but its not even a possibility, you can't a say a person who died 22 years ago is still the most famous. If anybody on the Seas is the most famous, its Whitebeard, because he is now known as the Strongest Man alive and the "King of the Seas" as quoted by Garp. And not even the Pirate King could overpower him.
Jesus died over 2 000 years ago and everybody knows him. You could compare him to Allah or Buddah. Jesus died and started christianity while Roger sacrificed himself and started the age of pirates. I'm not starting a new religion or blashming christianity, but there is a diffrence between Roger and Whitebeard.

Who's Gol D. Roger? The famous Pirate King that died 22 years ago.

Who's Whitebeard? He used to be Rogers rival and now he's the strongest men alive after Rogers death.

Who's Rayleigh? He used to be Roger's right hand and now he hides after Rogers death.

Who's Shanks? He is a younko that used to be a no name pirate on Roger's ship, but after his death we took the rest of the crew.

Who's Garp? He is one of great pirates that once nearly captured Roger.

Who's Dragon? He is the most wanted man. He tried to bring down the WG. You know like Roger used to do XD