AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2010-08-02, 20:12   Link #2721
Not Random
看著看著你來來去去

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lime soda View Post
Has anyone closely looked at the Alter Saten? I don't know if it's just me but from the pictures, her face looks sorta odd. I can't tell if it's because it's weirdly round or if the mouth isn't well done. Everything else like the hair, eyes and clothes look great. I was hoping for a outstanding figure of her but I kinda disappointed even though its something from Alter.
Yeah, it's definitely her rounded face. Her cheekbones are too pronounced and I think her mouth could be better. Regardless, I love Saten so I have to get her.

I also wanted to get Komaki Manaka but she's too expensive for me. Sigh...
Old 2010-08-03, 11:21   Link #2722
Lime soda

They really did go nuts with GSC Hitagi's bangs. It's great for showing movements but loses some appeal when I look at it normally. Anyway, I got curious and tried to see how Alter Hitagi looks like. It's seriously good and on par with GSC's Hitagi but I can't say which one's really better outright. I personally really like Alter's version but there's no color on the sample so who knows if it'll be many times better when it's done. A comment on the figure reads that her face isn't too faithful to the original design. The color might solve that problem. But I was still incredibly surprised at the prototype. Not sure if it's because they added a background piece or cause of the overall feel but I'd love to get it even if I'm not a big fan of her character.

I also took a second look at Alter Saten. I'm a little sad cause there probably won't be any more releases for her. She's one of the few characters I'd want a figure of but I can't consider trying to get it unless my opinion changes. It's a shame her iconic outfit is her school uniform too. It looks okay but she never really did wear anything particularly amazing in the show.
Lime soda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 14:24   Link #2723
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

Send a message via MSN to Agito Akiyama
Baw, I think I'll cancel GSC Hitagi, what do you guys think?
I'm not sure, it's a great figure and Hitagi is not bad character but for some reason I don't know, I like it and don't like it at the same time (The figure) it looks amazing though loses some appeal..
Old 2010-08-04, 03:49   Link #2724
Qikz

Just put my payment down for the Tsumugi Nendo second shipment, just came into stock at Hobby Search.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 04:02   Link #2725
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

My Vivio, Reisen and Eirin have all shipped. Eirin will arrived first because I forgot to change shipping to SAL so it's going via EMS ;.; twice the price. But a great deal faster is fine, I guess. My cabinet's population will double. Woo.
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 09:09   Link #2726
Nemu

I hope this is the right place to ask, I have a question about one of my anime figures.

I have a Haruhi Revoltech (Bunny girl version) that I really like. However, I'm not sure how to change her face and hands. I don't want to figure it out myself because I'm afraid I'll break her by mistake. Can anyone show me how I can change her face/hands? I don't really have any problems with changing my figmas, but I think they're different from Revoltechs.
Nemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 19:06   Link #2727
mindovermatter
For me the bell tolls

Send a message via AIM to mindovermatter Send a message via MSN to mindovermatter Send a message via Yahoo to mindovermatter
I'm here to cry over my School Rumble figurines....
I sent them to myself, but they never arrived. They were definitely very important to me
mindovermatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 20:39   Link #2728
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindovermatter View Post
I'm here to cry over my School Rumble figurines....
I sent them to myself, but they never arrived. They were definitely very important to me
I assume that by saying "sent them to myself", you weren't at home to receive your packages. If enough time has passed to rule out package delivery delay, perhaps your mailman tried to drop the package off, but couldn't and brought the package back to the post office? I'm not sure where you are, but in the US, the mailman will leave a note on your door that your package is at the post office, and the note will tell you how many days you have until the package is shipped back to the shipper.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 21:29   Link #2729
Neat Hedgehog
Hack of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemu View Post
I hope this is the right place to ask, I have a question about one of my anime figures.

I have a Haruhi Revoltech (Bunny girl version) that I really like. However, I'm not sure how to change her face and hands. I don't want to figure it out myself because I'm afraid I'll break her by mistake. Can anyone show me how I can change her face/hands? I don't really have any problems with changing my figmas, but I think they're different from Revoltechs.
Revoltechs have tougher joints than Figmas, but that also makes them harder to take off. Just pull with a little force, and the hands should pop right off. You may have to twist and turn them a little to loosen them up.

The faces are a little trickier compared to a Figma. You have to pop the head off, take off the hair pieces, and take the neck joint out out of the face. Sometimes these can be really tight and hard to take out, but they're decently sturdy, so don't be afraid to haul on them just a little. Pull on the ball of the joint, though, not the pegs, or else you might rip the joint apart if you don't pull straight out.
Neat Hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 23:00   Link #2730
_eternal
anthem core

Send a message via AIM to _eternal
Just out of curiosity, where do you guys get your news for figure releases? Do you follow the Japanese sites, Neko Magic, or other blogs? I try to keep an eye on Neko Magic but I always fail at staying on top of things. I still find it hard to find concise, skimmable Wonfes reports too; most of the information out there is too much to process at once unless you actually know what you're looking for. Maybe I just don't check my feed reader often enough lol.
Old 2010-08-05, 23:07   Link #2731
mindovermatter
For me the bell tolls

Send a message via AIM to mindovermatter Send a message via MSN to mindovermatter Send a message via Yahoo to mindovermatter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
I assume that by saying "sent them to myself", you weren't at home to receive your packages. If enough time has passed to rule out package delivery delay, perhaps your mailman tried to drop the package off, but couldn't and brought the package back to the post office? I'm not sure where you are, but in the US, the mailman will leave a note on your door that your package is at the post office, and the note will tell you how many days you have until the package is shipped back to the shipper.
I sent the package ahead since I was moving and international baggage restrictions are limited.
The package arrived, but it had obviously been opened by a customs official somewhere, and a few things were missing.
Old 2010-08-05, 23:38   Link #2732
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ETERNAL View Post
Just out of curiosity, where do you guys get your news for figure releases? Do you follow the Japanese sites, Neko Magic, or other blogs? I try to keep an eye on Neko Magic but I always fail at staying on top of things. I still find it hard to find concise, skimmable Wonfes reports too; most of the information out there is too much to process at once unless you actually know what you're looking for. Maybe I just don't check my feed reader often enough lol.
I use wcloudx (kumo) and Mikatan's blog, and Neko Magic. Mikatan covers GSC releases and certain high-profile releases from other companies under GSC's wing; wcloudx covers figures from all of the high profile companies and then some, and he also covers mecha figures to an extent (I'm not sure how extensive his mecha coverage is, I'm not into that stuff). Mikatan's blog is in Japanese, but it's very picture heavy, and she writes in short, easy to understand sentences if you know your kanji or just have some 1337 Rikai-chan skills. I'd also reccomend Max Factory's blog and Alter's blog, but Alter's blog has very few pictures and tons of kanji heavy boring text, not sure about Max's.
Old 2010-08-06, 02:46   Link #2733
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ETERNAL View Post
I just check every few days on hobbysearch japan to see what they have up for pre-ordering and what they are releasing. And of course things that get posted to forums.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 04:38   Link #2734
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Nami One Piece Hot figure

Manufacturer: Megahouse
Scale: 1/8
Material : PVC
Release Date: December 2010
SRP: 5985 Yen (roughly 6000 Yen)
Toei Animation and Mekke! online shop exclusive(red)
Megatrea Shop and Premium Bandai exclusive(blue)
Old 2010-08-06, 07:21   Link #2735
mindovermatter
For me the bell tolls

do people still do garage kits? is there a specialty site for them?
Old 2010-08-06, 08:52   Link #2736
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
What is that one site, I think it's just numbers or something, they have a lot. e1099 or something
*edit*
try this site, http://www.e2046.com/index.php
Old 2010-08-06, 09:59   Link #2737
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroryoko1974 View Post
What is that one site, I think it's just numbers or something, they have a lot. e1099 or something
*edit*
try this site, http://www.e2046.com/index.php
The forums are quite good. They even have people showing their progress for modifications and or custom kits, and there's a lot of tips and tutorials.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 13:59   Link #2738
_eternal
anthem core

Send a message via AIM to _eternal
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll definitely check some of those out. I just went through my Hobby Search email subscriptions again to make sure those are working, though sometimes they get marked as junk. Luckily I got into the habit of checking my junk folder a while back.
Old 2010-08-06, 21:23   Link #2739
Kudryavka

I gotta start buying recasts from e2046, it'll save me some major yen. Thank goodness I'm not hardcore at prepaints. XD
Old 2010-08-06, 23:55   Link #2740
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Random View Post
I also wanted to get Komaki Manaka but she's too expensive for me. Sigh...
I've been collecting the Kotobukiya ToHeart/ToHeart 2 figures. But for Manaka, I went with the GSC version.

And I went with Alter for Ilfa. Just got her a week ago.

I'm very happy with my little "Maid Robot."