AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-26, 08:13   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Good morning gents and uhm... ladies. Ladies still watch Bleach? Kidding.. Oh, what an episode it was last week. I'm convinced that Aizen-sama oozes sex. If sex had a synonym in noun, it would have been spelled A-i-z-e-n. I'm sure some of you that can tolerate me enough to read my post know already how much of a Hitsugaya-fan I am. And yet, I had to feel sorry for the little, arrogant pric... err.. guy. Aizen-sama is simply too evil. He defies the convention of evil. He is a fantastic villain. Despite how bad Bleach has taken for the turn over the years, Aizen is the only shining star in Kubo's, otherwise, mediocre story. Aizen-sama is delicious. Yes, he is!

While all this was taking place, I saw Ichigo's face with the sword clasp tightly in both of his hands, wide eyed that is begging the question:

"How the F Kubo is going to bail me out of this?"

Is it possible he is smarter than he appears? Enjoy the discussion.

Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will sresult in a BAN!
Old 2010-10-26, 08:42   Link #2
DarkHollowIchigo

Epic fight, that Old Geezer....pure strenght.
Old 2010-10-26, 09:00   Link #3
Kookee2k2
OBJECTION!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHollowIchigo View Post
Epic fight, that Old Geezer....pure strength.
seconded!

plus he just kept calling Aizen 'Boy'
heh.
"Boy you sure do got a perdy mouth on ya..."

also and when he he was doing a little bit of a 'power up' moment right before his double fisty punch (:P)
kinda bought back memories of Master Roshi right before he'd fire off a kamehameha
Old 2010-10-26, 09:04   Link #4
ReXcore
One Piece/Bleach&Naruto

Send a message via MSN to ReXcore
amazing episode, 10/10, pure win.
Old 2010-10-26, 09:25   Link #5
MisterJB
Warden of the West

What a shocking turn of events! It appears that in his previous life, Wonderweiss was a Diclonius.
And what a terrible episode, everything just felt rushed from WW and Yamamoto's figth to Ittoukasou (which was on screen for about 2 seconds, shame on you anime). it was as if they were in a rush to finish the episode and go home earlier. Which truth be told, considering the quality of the plot, I can't really blame them.

Now that that's out of the way, let me fanboy all over the sotaichou. Awesomeness thy name is Yamamoto Genryuusai Shigekuni.
Old 2010-10-26, 09:53   Link #6
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
I'm convinced that Aizen-sama oozes sex. If sex had a synonym in noun, it would have been spelled A-i-z-e-n.
Quoted for amazing lulz! xD
Quote:
I saw Ichigo's face with the sword clasp tightly in both of his hands, wide eyed that is begging the question:
That's a really weird frame you captured, Ichigo's got the "I just came" face, prolly from too much Aizen.
Ahem, back to the episode...it was actually pretty good, WW finally showed emotions (even if it was just fear) and the millenium-old relic of a man finally made a damn move! More than one, in fact, he totally owned Aizen and would have turned him to ash if he didn't care about K-town. Speaking of which, WHY did he save the town? Shinigami purify hollows and save lost souls, they don't associate with the living, and considering they are Aizen's chips to making the king's key, good old C46 should have decided to just kill the whole town rather than fight Aizen and have a war in the first place.
Old 2010-10-26, 09:58   Link #7
dragonmeister
Terror of the Seas

Wonderweiss' voice as he did his super-uber punch thingy (to no avail) on Yamajii was epic ("lululululululu").
Why did Yamamoto stop WW from exploding? Surely it would have taken out Aizen, and a few hundred thousand souls are a price worth paying to stop Aizen from destroying the multiverse, surely?
Old 2010-10-26, 10:02   Link #8
Virgo

One of bleach's finer episodes..old man truly is King as far as strengh and power goes.
Old 2010-10-26, 10:43   Link #9
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Awesome episode. Its a bloody terrifying thought....if that was the full power of his shikai....which woulda turned that entire town to dust.....imagine his bankai

Epic stuff by the old man. He is the King in bleach...much like old man Whitebeard in One Piece. Both epic characters.

Quote:
Wonderweiss' voice as he did his super-uber punch thingy (to no avail) on Yamajii was epic ("lululululululu").
Why did Yamamoto stop WW from exploding? Surely it would have taken out Aizen, and a few hundred thousand souls are a price worth paying to stop Aizen from destroying the multiverse, surely?
It woulda destroyed the pillars....and as such restored it to the real city...and that entire city woulda been a big smoking crater....
His duty is to protect the city & soul society...and he had his final trump card in that kidou spell he used right at the end...
Old 2010-10-26, 11:31   Link #10
Aqua Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
What a shocking turn of events! It appears that in his previous life, Wonderweiss was a Diclonius.
And what a terrible episode, everything just felt rushed from WW and Yamamoto's figth to Ittoukasou (which was on screen for about 2 seconds, shame on you anime). it was as if they were in a rush to finish the episode and go home earlier. Which truth be told, considering the quality of the plot, I can't really blame them.

Now that that's out of the way, let me fanboy all over the sotaichou. Awesomeness thy name is Yamamoto Genryuusai Shigekuni.
Yeah, I felt it too, but we had a recap of about 5 min, so the editors sure are strange.
Old 2010-10-26, 12:08   Link #11
Knjaz

Yamamoto is so strong that Kubo couldnt think of anything to beat him except for Yamamoto VS Yamamoto plotkai.
Awesome episode. 10/10.
Old 2010-10-26, 13:10   Link #12
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex

This was THE episode that I was looking forward to most. Best manga chapter was crafted into best anime episode, animation could be somewhat better though. Still a 11/10 in my book.

Yama-ji reigns supreme in any case, even Aizen had to resort to an ultra-cheap trick which also had a trap built in. He was going to be 'double boned' if it wasn't a trap.

And we see how the old man accumulated all those scars over a millennium. He finally shows he's not just all talk and no walk to people who doubted him. Brutal massacre with bare hands!
Old 2010-10-26, 13:12   Link #13
sayde

Another great episode as this war gets ever closer to reaching it's long awaited climax. I'm happy they managed to put in the old man's gotei 13 theme song upon his fiery intro. (The same song I've been trying to find now for awhile, but to no avail.) It's very fitting to say the least.

It's also cool to finally have confirmation of Yamamoto > Aizen in terms of shear "fighting power". I guess now we know why Aizen fled to HM instead of challenging the core of the Gotei 13 right there and then on Sōkyoku hill -- he had yet to develop an effective counter for the only captain among them that mattered.

On another note, I wonder who the shingami is that Yamamoto indirectly referred to. Because he said that no shinigami born in the past 1000 years has been stronger than him. So whether Kubo meant to or not, he implied the existence of someone both younger and more powerful than Yamamoto. Because lets face it, Yamamoto's definitely over 1000 years old. In fact, he established the academy over 2000 years ago. So it kinda makes you wonder just how powerful this mystery shinigami really is. I'm going to assume he's currently a member of the zero squad.

*edit*
Just remembered, WW's VA did an excellent job of making the poor bastard sound genuinely afraid. I think it's why the anime managed to actually make me feel sorry him.
Old 2010-10-26, 13:36   Link #14
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
I'm happy they managed to put in the old man's gotei 13 theme song upon his fiery intro. (The same song I've been trying to find now for awhile, but to no avail.) It's very fitting to say the least.
I think the song you're searching for is named Storm Center and it was the piece I loved most from Bleach, also had played back when Yama-ji was going against his pupils 240 episodes ago.
Old 2010-10-26, 13:55   Link #15
sayde

Sorry for the misunderstanding. The track I'm referring to is more of an intro theme than a battle theme like "storm center". It starts at exactly 6:26 in the episode. I think the very first time we heard the theme in the series was at the first Gotei 13 captain meeting the series ever showed. (At least, that's as far back as I can remember hearing it.)
Old 2010-10-26, 14:46   Link #16
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

Oh man, ichigo. You've got aizen in the best place to just finish the guy off - I'm guessing he screws it up (again) thanks to the episode preview...

The omake, though, is just freaking hilarious

Law of Inherent Combustibility: Everything explodes. Everything.
Old 2010-10-26, 16:23   Link #17
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Everything went a lot smoother in the episode then it did in the manga stuff in the mnaga I didn't notice came up this episode
Old 2010-10-26, 16:38   Link #18
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Honestly, I want the same Ji-ji!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Ladies still watch Bleach?
As long as Byakuya-Nii-sama has the possibility to show up, yes
Old 2010-10-26, 18:52   Link #19
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:

I'm almost certain it wasn't rushed, but like it's been said before, it just shows how much meat was not in these chapters...
Old 2010-10-26, 18:54   Link #20
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:

If you see the manga you'd know this defiantly wasn't rushed the chapters just haven't had much lately I still can't believe Tite got rid of WW that fast