AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-08-15, 03:07   Link #1141
jandkas

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
to be very fair, it's quite obvious Yozora doesn't really care for others. It's kind of why she's an outcast -_-
She is learning to, slowly.
jandkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 12:12   Link #1142
Sepheria

People change with time, if she doesn't care now it doesn't mean she won't in future. Like they've said, that was only the prologue, I think there will be some more time for her to learn and change.
If I have to say the truth, for now I don't actually care of who ends up with Kodaka, I'm more interested to see everyone slowly overcome their problems. I prefer Yozora over Sena ( don't get me wrong, I love both of them ), but it wouldn't be a problem for me if Sena and Kodaka get togheter, instead I would like to see Yozora giving less importance to the past ( to whatever it might have happened ... because let's be honest, you don't become like her just because you lose a really great friend ).

Oh, I have also another question, didn't the author said something about an accident happened to her in middle school?
Sepheria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 20:27   Link #1143
sky black swordman

^ The problem is that she needs to want to change which she doesn't.
Old 2012-08-15, 21:35   Link #1144
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

she hasn't had an epiphany yet. Nor is likely to have one anytime soon

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 23:03   Link #1145
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Vexed released 2 more chapters of volume 7

Pegasus, oh you silly thing. I bet that the scene is going to create more Kodaka rumors.

Last edited by Okashira; 2012-08-16 at 23:31.
Okashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 04:19   Link #1146
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Vexed released 2 more chapters of volume 7

Pegasus, oh you silly thing. I bet that the scene is going to create more Kodaka rumors.
No kidding. If people think you made the School principal act like that.
Old 2012-08-17, 07:30   Link #1147
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Any news of vol9 thus far?
Old 2012-08-17, 21:57   Link #1148
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen3dge View Post
You are joking, right? because LN are not weekly nor monthly.
Old 2012-08-18, 04:03   Link #1149
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen3dge View Post
Nothing yet and I think we may have to wait a while.
I think the author maybe sick.
Old 2012-08-18, 04:09   Link #1150
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

If past records were any indication, the Author seem to be pretty consistent in releasing a volume in November every year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
You are joking, right? because LN are not weekly nor monthly.
Unless it's written by Kamachi...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 00:23   Link #1151
Isasa
Glitter

About this whole thing people are discussing (like the chineses on their foruns), about Sena.
I thought the same thing, that she's going too fast. I don't know but other series like Eva spin off girlfriend of steel Rei got dumped and she was the first to confess, later came Asuka and Shinji chose her. But that's just an example.
Maybe Kodaka will reject her first but then eventually will come to term with his feelings.
At the same time I think Sena really, really cherishes her friendship with Yozora, so I wouldn't be surprised if she'd step aside for Yozora's sake. But I don't know what's going on the author's mind so, it's just a hunch.

And then we have the spin off, the plus one. Wich we have Sena as the end girl, so he might wanna change that. And give Yozora an end instead.
Even if Sena is more popular (and we all know why, it's impossible to hate or dislike, she's so sweet!), Yozora needs love for herself too. Sena can have anything/anyone she wants.
Yozora can't, she's difficult and there's something that was not revealed yet aaand she needs to change, so maybe for now it's Sena route, but eventually I think, the author will give Yozora more space etc., maybe all of this is needed so she can change and become a better person.
Isasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 04:03   Link #1152
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

I've said it before and I'll repeat it again. Yozora needs a shrink not a relationship. Love DOES NOT cure crazy -_- No matter what hollywood movies say

Old 2012-08-19, 04:36   Link #1153
jandkas

Quote:
I've said it before and I'll repeat it again. Yozora needs a shrink not a relationship. Love DOES NOT cure crazy -_- No matter what hollywood movies say
Crazy? This is a slice of life, and I doubt that the creator will do that.
jandkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 04:41   Link #1154
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Well, crazy is a strong word but I believe Yozora has a LOT of issues that need to be worked out instead of jumping into a relationship.

Old 2012-08-19, 17:00   Link #1155
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Well, crazy is a strong word but I believe Yozora has a LOT of issues that need to be worked out instead of jumping into a relationship.
Honestly, I think all the characters do, and that's sort of the point the show. This is why it's hard for me to envision Kodaka being quick to want to get into a relationship with any of them at this time. Not until, at least, they're friends first. In this show in particular, the idea of "let's start as friends" seems to me to be extra important.
Old 2012-08-19, 19:11   Link #1156
potchip

If Yozora's crazy then all girls are crazy.

Yozora frustrates - that she does everything in a round-about way. Whereas Sena does everything straight up. In real-life most girls are more like Yozora rather than like Sena....

About Yozora caring, well she mostly doesn't nor understand empathy. The catch is, nor does Sena. Since when does Sena cared for people's feelings? Like when she steps on her followers at class? Or the rude dismissal of anyone who she doesn't care about? Oh Sena has a propensity to feel hurt against people she does care about, mainly Yozora, except most of the time she acted just right to tick Yozora off.

There has to be an explanation of this strange situation. I think it's people's tedency to cast oneself as the main character of a harem (in this case Kodaka) and then starts to view events from this character's perspective. Incidentally whilst Sena is a hopeless person other than when dealing with Kodaka (just ask Kobato), because she's rather nice to the one boy she's sort of interested in and her straightforth manner, she became a sweet girl! Whooppiedoo.

Then once people already sided with Sena, Yozora just became a horrible person! (except from the viewpoint of fellow female classmates, Yozora is a harmless recluse whereas Sena is hated).

Some other points often not discussed:

There's strong evidence that Sena's feeling for Yozora is the same, if not stronger than her (developing) feeling for Kodaka.

Kodaka's not even the main character, he's role is more like a narrator who binds the story, wheres the girls actually push the story forward thus far, though this may change soon.

Yozora does feel regret at a few points of the story though her personality prevents her from overly express herself. Each time the author used Kodaka as the observant third person to bring to attention of these details.

Adding to the debate about 'development speed', it is undeniable that Kodaka is used far more often as the observer to Yozora's minute reactions, whether it being a small smile, uncharacteristic behaviour showing unease etc compared to Sena, whose behaviour does not need a lot of further explanation. Whether that is simply a used as a device narrate the story (viewing Kodaka as a tool) or showing Kodaka's understanding of the two girls, is up for interpretation. One thing though, Kodaka is certainly less judgemental and more observant than many of the Sena fans :P - perhaps you can call this the benefit of the doubt being a childhood friend.

Last edited by potchip; 2012-08-19 at 20:05.
potchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 20:21   Link #1157
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Actually Rika is the most normal one of the lot and the one that's; imo, the most mentally ready for a relationship.

As it is, it's like whenever I mention Yozora has lots of issues she needs to work through instead of getting in a relationship, people seem to downplay the fact that Yozora DOES have a lot of issues and think it's all because of biased shipping goggles.

Old 2012-08-20, 03:24   Link #1158
Lota

I mostly agree with what potchip said. About the shrink... I find that all of them need one. Even the lolis. But if we think about the main love interests (I'll count Rika in as well), the only one who doesn't need one is, well, Rika. Both Yozora and Sena are coocoo. I'm a girl, but if I had to choose who to go out with, I'd definitely choose Rika: she's fun, you wouldn't get bored with her and she's relatively normal. And she is the only one who really understands Kodaka. The other two... Yozora is too awkward around Kodaka to act normal, Sena is, well, Sena (I don't think I need to explain any further). I'm also beginning to think she's in love with Yozora lol Anyways, all of them have issues (Yozora and Sena especially).

And, for the haters of either party: if Sena wasn't around, there would be noone to act stupid and cause fun situations. If Yozora wasn't around to bully Sena, it would be plain boring and, truthfully, a totally typical harem. Since both are worthy of each other, I hope Kodaka doesn't choose any of them, cause I'd feel sad for the other(s).

Last edited by Lota; 2012-08-20 at 05:45. Reason: grammar mistake dammit XD
Lota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 04:20   Link #1159
sky black swordman

Quote:
Actually Rika is the most normal one of the lot and the one that's; imo, the most mentally ready for a relationship.

As it is, it's like whenever I mention Yozora has lots of issues she needs to work through instead of getting in a relationship, people seem to downplay the fact that Yozora DOES have a lot of issues and think it's all because of biased shipping goggles.
Hmm I will agree that. She is without a doubt ready for "intimate relationship".

Yes she does have a lot of things she needs to work on and get over.
Personally I dont hate Yozora.
But I find sometimes her actions wrong like when she bullies Sena and gets pissed off when Kodoka calls her one.
Was she after Kodoka left a victim of bullying? And now does it to someone else to make them feel the pain she may have gone through? I dont know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lota View Post
I'm also beginning to think she's in love with Yozora lol

And, for the haters of either party: if Sena wasn't around, there would be noone to act stupid and cause fun situations. If Yozora wasn't around to bully Sena, it would be plain boring and, truthfully, a totally typical harem. Since both are worthy of each other, I hope Kodaka doesn't shoose any of them, cause I'd feel sad for the other(s).
No she just wants to be friends with her.

Thats thing in this story their at least for now, no harem end were everyone can be happy.
Old 2012-08-20, 04:59   Link #1160
Johnny
Working the bags...

Uh wouldn't a harem end be best ? I mean the only other options would be he chooses one and the rest are left empty handed and sad. He chooses nobody and we get an ambiguous open ending where they still fight for his affection which I dislike, or he chooses them all and they all live happily ever after in Sena's summer beach house...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, friendship, harem, light novels, love decisions, school life, shounen