Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-20, 03:13   Link #1441
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
I don't know about the schools you guys went to, but at mine the reaction to canceling the prom would've been
I went to the kind of school that doesn't give a damn about organizing a prom or a festival French highschools just don't do these things (at least not the ones I know)

Also there was a political dimension to Hyouka's first arc that caused the student revolt that isn't there in Tari Tari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I enjoy it and it somehow makes me smile every episode.
Never underestimate the power of a good burger
Old 2012-09-20, 07:42   Link #1442
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
This is why I like Wakana the best, she changed so much compare to the other characters. She is not going to let some corrupt bastard ruin her school life.
Distant and even seemed uncaring at first. Then we see her get become closer to the group - in the ED theme she eventually sits and sings together with them. She's strong-willed like her mom.

Quote:
What makes me mad is that the principal is a total wuss and he simply needs to stand up to that bastard. He could had delay the construction if he had the guts to tell him off.
He seemed cowardly, but I think he did make an effort by saying those things to the businessman. Principal is already a little old, he may not get a good retirement pay if he oppose the construction too much. I do speculate that the businessman is someone who didn't have good memories of Shirosai in high school.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 09:46   Link #1443
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
I went to the kind of school that doesn't give a damn about organizing a prom or a festival French highschools just don't do these things (at least not the ones I know)
Sounds nice.

I have to admit that the amount of sympathy I'm able to feel towards the Choir Club's plight is colored somewhat by own rather crappy high school experience. I personally wouldn't have given a flying fuck if my high school was shut down whenever I was a student, and not being able to put the cherry atop your cake (In this case, finishing high school with a music festival) when you've had a good high school experience full of friends and warmth is just hard for me to feel is a huge crisis when my own high school story was nothing but miserable and joyless from Orientation Day in August 2002 all the way to graduation in May 2006. I don't mean to sound bitter or anything, I'm always glad to see kids enjoying school and wish that every kid in the world would absolutely love every single moment of their school experience; but, well, it's hard for me to relate much to the Tari Tari kids.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 22:58   Link #1444
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
More Sawa fanart
Those are lovely. I'm hearing now that Sawa might be a match for Tanaka. With only one episode left, I think the only way to really get that story going further is with a second season or movie...
Old 2012-09-20, 23:16   Link #1445
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Wein needs more love
Old 2012-09-21, 00:43   Link #1446
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Never underestimate the power of a good burger
Now, now... I never said anything about disliking a burger, just said it couldn't be as good as filet mignon!
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 10:07   Link #1447
Kazu-kun

Soundtrack. September 26, almost here.

Seeing that cover makes me hope Wakana will step up in episode 13 and show off her skills as a former student from the music branch (and Mahiru's daughter). Can't wait. ^__^

Also, character song album (November 14)

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-09-21 at 10:18.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 11:56   Link #1448
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Soundtrack. September 26, almost here.

Seeing that cover makes me hope Wakana will step up in episode 13 and show off her skills as a former student from the music branch (and Mahiru's daughter). Can't wait. ^__^

I'm pumped for the soundtrack, especially with regards to Kokoro no Senritsu. Is the character song album going to be a single album with all of the character image songs?
Old 2012-09-21, 11:57   Link #1449
Midonin
Last Engage

There are two character song albums, though their contents are unknown. The soundtrack also contains all the insert songs from the series on a second disc.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 14:11   Link #1450
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
There are two character song albums, though their contents are unknown. The soundtrack also contains all the insert songs from the series on a second disc.
Contents are unknown...this is sounding more like some classified Cold-War era files on nuclear devices rather than music! I guess we'll just have to see

The finale is coming up this weekend, so I hope that the conclusion is sufficiently satisfactory, or that intentions of a continuation of some kind will be announced.
Old 2012-09-21, 18:49   Link #1451
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

I just saw episode 12 I still had tears in my eyes when Wakana before the tomb of his mother ...
^^'

LOL
Old 2012-09-21, 19:04   Link #1452
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post

That's likely the key visual art for it. We don't get covers/detailed information until about 3 weeks prior to release at the earliest.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 20:36   Link #1453
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Am I the only one thinking of the PROMOTIONS meme because of the first pic?
Old 2012-09-22, 12:55   Link #1454
Sphire

So, am I going to be the only one re-watching the show before the last ep releases?
Old 2012-09-22, 19:58   Link #1455
Blonto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphire View Post
So, am I going to be the only one re-watching the show before the last ep releases?
I just managed to get my sister to watch the show with me (wanted to wait before almost all episodes were out). She seems to like it. Only problem is I want to continue watching straight away while she just wants to take a big break after one episode.
Blonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 09:04   Link #1456
Kazu-kun

Good episode, although a bit anticlimactic. The rest of the series was topnotch so I won't complain. It was my favorite series of the season.

EDIT: They're not being subtle with this one. lol

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-09-23 at 12:08.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 20:32   Link #1457
Midonin
Last Engage

たりたり♪♪ finale - Welcome, and Farewell, to the Second Music Room!

I would like to go the obvious route and compare TARI TARI to K-ON! for a paragraph or two. Not because neither had something that the other one didn't, but because of how they're alike. The running time may have been half (or less), and the end results for the two groups of five may on the surface appear to be different (one of togetherness, one of going apart), in the end, they're the same on a purely emotional level. The concert in episode 13 or 23, either of them simply shoots right to the heart and lets one feel the unity running through these schools. It might be a well-worn storytelling device, but that it's well worn, I think, means that the writers know it taps into that primal human emotion that makes these things work. Even if they're apart, the Choir Club is still together, uniting for that special version of the ED listed in the tracks a week or two back.

Things did get a little melodramatic and theatrical, but I don't mind that. A heightened reality, to bring these emotions to the forefront better. So they didn't stop the school from closing down, but that cultural festival was important. An artist needs a way to show everyone their art, one to give and one to receive. That it's fun is precisely what makes it worth doing, and worth did. (On a random tangent, that Konatsu was goofing around with an orca is of much amusement to me. Wan!)

It won't be something I feel inclined to write an essay about in the future, but it was a pleasant experience. The show knew how to keep its atmosphere, even in the most tense of times. There was always a joke or a lighthearted moment waiting to clear the skies, from at least one of the cast members. (Usually Konatsu.) The character chemistry was great. And I'm shallow and easily swayed by tokusatsu references, so a two-episode long Sentai homage gives it a few points in my book without even having to do anything.

But most of all, it's about art. And sometimes archery, and Sentai, and badminton and fantasy tales about three heroines and their froggy allies. And that means quite a lot.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 21:40   Link #1458
Theo

Wasn't there a discussion going on many pages ago about a lack of character development and closure with the guys? Wien finds Jan again and...that's it. Nothing else?
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 21:56   Link #1459
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 22:18   Link #1460
Kazu-kun

Older Wakana at the end was so much like her mother.

Tags
drama, music, original anime, pa works