AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-05-19, 03:45   Link #43621
Eratas123

That, and where were they in V8? Maya helps Chifuyu, but those two aren't even on the security detail! So what the hell?
Old 2013-05-19, 03:46   Link #43622
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Idiot plot eras, idiot plot

Hmm, need to fix this.
Old 2013-05-19, 03:48   Link #43623
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

So by canon, PT actually has mooks?
Old 2013-05-19, 03:51   Link #43624
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yep

Just rarely appear, more like elite mooks in theory
Old 2013-05-19, 03:52   Link #43625
demino_hellsin
That one guy

It would, but its all IS frame parts. Remember that autumn actually snuck into ISA as an agent for a parts manufacturer. ISRI works kind of like that in some respect. Though they deal with research mostly.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 03:57   Link #43626
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well then you did meant defense contractor, sorry.

Basically, anything related to international in scale must be sanctioned by the country. this is why I said it's not possible for them to get total leeway with their job.
Old 2013-05-19, 04:03   Link #43627
demino_hellsin
That one guy

To a certain level they do. Even though it's treated as a weapon. The law over IS is still incomplete and was listed as sports equipment. The country would be a laughing stock for treating "sports equipment" so restrictively.
Old 2013-05-19, 04:08   Link #43628
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
To a certain level they do. Even though it's treated as a weapon. The law over IS is still incomplete and was listed as sports equipment. The country would be a laughing stock for treating "sports equipment" so restrictively.

Joke aside, I guess you did follow Age's take on canon then. Moving on.
Old 2013-05-19, 04:15   Link #43629
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Basically I'm taking advantage of Izuru's negligence.

On a separate note. ISA should take a few notes from the "school garden" when it comes to all female campus *_*
Old 2013-05-19, 04:19   Link #43630
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Old 2013-05-19, 04:28   Link #43631
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Reading index V7. Great stuff for material

The structure of the prestigious all-girl schools is very interesting when explained in detail. In comparison, ISA feels sketchy and unfounded... So to speak.
Old 2013-05-19, 04:36   Link #43632
Eratas123

That's because ISA isn't about urban segregation: Many of the students there are likely either scholarship or average. By contrast, EVERYONE in Tokiwadai is an Oujo-sama. Urban segregation plays a role in Index: Are you powerful or not? If yes, Academy City force feeds you money. If no, they'll put you down and give you barely enough to survive.
Old 2013-05-19, 04:37   Link #43633
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Feudal hierarchy with power play, eh? Interesting.

Playing this a bit in ST, hence why Ichika refused to join student council at first.
Old 2013-05-19, 04:43   Link #43634
Eratas123

Sarashiki's seem to play it straight: Why in the hell would a teenager be leading the group? This is wholly irresponsible. Unless everyone in said group was younger than Tatenashi/Katana, I doubt they would leave everything to a 16 year old.
Old 2013-05-19, 04:46   Link #43635
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Either play it straight (led to deconstruction) or rationalize it with outside canon reference (led to AU), pick your poison.

So yeah, this is why it's hard to take canon seriously. But that's also a good motivation for many fanfic writer (male ego or shipping aside)
Old 2013-05-19, 04:48   Link #43636
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I'm talking less about the design of each school. But instead, how each sketch is fleshed out. Academy city seems to breathe and feels alive. In comparison, ISA feels kind of stiff and conveniently pulls facilities out of nowhere.
Old 2013-05-19, 04:51   Link #43637
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Again, that happened when 60% of the time the author focus on T&A, and devote 20% more to introduce said facility or new character so we can have more T&A

besides, I'm not the one to hype, but there's clear difference in writing skill too (even though I'm disinterested with Index or Railgun)
Old 2013-05-19, 05:05   Link #43638
Eratas123

You have to remember the differences: Academy City is its own nation state, led by Aleister Crowley "The Wickedest Man in The World", and has enough facilities to declare war with Russia and come out on top. Not to mention their funding and the fact that they're making demigods like Accelerator or Kakine. By contrast, ISA was made by Japan after getting pushed by the other countries. No shit ISA feels stiff; it was made out of obligation and has hormonal schoolgirls as its entire population.
Old 2013-05-19, 05:09   Link #43639
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
No shit ISA feels stiff; it was made out of obligation and has hormonal schoolgirls as its entire population.
.....this is perfect justification

the student has only one day to go out, per week. Not to mention the heavy stigma.
Old 2013-05-19, 05:22   Link #43640
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The thing is that the location itself isn't stiff. Just how it's handled. My god, kamen rider made a normal school seem so interesting. Investing in background people who made things alive. The little things like girls gossiping. A cafeteria which felt like there are people other than main cast. At best izuru just mentions that the cast is in a crowded place. Then suddenly every person disappears until its plot convenient for awkward moment, or some cliche would happen. Give a little more than the cafeteria menu for once @_@ we got these arena numbers but never get told exactly how many there are. Where's the library? You know. The little things?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest