AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-11, 09:13   Link #1661
demino_hellsin
That one guy

But Touma's memories won't come back. It's like trying to retrieve data from a hard drive that's been microwaved. e.e
Old 2013-10-11, 09:17   Link #1662
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
But Touma's memories won't come back. It's like trying to retrieve data from a hard drive that's been microwaved. e.e
I do know that a part of his brain was fried. But what if she really could pull that out?

By the way, I recall someone else here stated there are two different types of memories. Could you find that post and read it through? I'm pretty sure it's somewhere in Railgun sub-forum.
Old 2013-10-11, 09:22   Link #1663
Draco Spirit

There also the possibility she made a "backup" of his memories, at least in part. She is Mental Out after all.
Old 2013-10-11, 10:21   Link #1664
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Hasn't Aleister been monitoring him for a long long time?
Old 2013-10-11, 12:17   Link #1665
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
I do know that a part of his brain was fried. But what if she really could pull that out?

By the way, I recall someone else here stated there are two different types of memories. Could you find that post and read it through? I'm pretty sure it's somewhere in Railgun sub-forum.
That's what you wrote once
And the following was my answer, quotes from many posters knowing a lot more than me:
Quote:
And allow me to post following quotes demonstrating that zibi has no clue as to what the difference between ''semantic memory'' and ''event memory'' is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:

That is not quite "memory fixing", that's more "memory transfer". And that's not the sort of thing you should do, unless you're married to the other person or about to die.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
I'm pretty sure that the novels explained that what was destroyed was the part of his brain that destroyed his event memory. Every other bit of his memory such as how powers worked, etc remained unharmed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Event memories, nothing else, those feather were meant to be used on Index to begin with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Nope.
Spoiler for long post, kinda off topic, and also Index spoiler:
There, unless Misaki made a ''back up'' (for what reason would she do that, no clue, that's you people's wild guess), there is no way Toumam could possibly regain what has been destroyed.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
Old 2013-10-11, 21:35   Link #1666
Reality_Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
That's what you wrote once
And the following was my answer, quotes from many posters knowing a lot more than me:

There, unless Misaki made a ''back up'' (for what reason would she do that, no clue, that's you people's wild guess), there is no way Toumam could possibly regain what has been destroyed.
Yeah it just doesn't make sense, why would she have back up of memories Toumas memories? How could she know he was going to have his memories destroyed? All she can do if she really knew Touma before memory wipe is tell him a few things.
Old 2013-10-11, 23:07   Link #1667
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality_Breaker View Post
Yeah it just doesn't make sense, why would she have back up of memories Toumas memories? How could she know he was going to have his memories destroyed? All she can do if she really knew Touma before memory wipe is tell him a few things.
Problem is, he might find it hard to accept. Misaki already mentioned that it's not worth talking "when have he met her" to an 'amnesia' guy like him, and might end up being angry of her because of that 'relationship' thing (sounds like a red string of fate? ). Whether it don't make sense or not, there maybe something that motivates her to do that "memory transfer" thing, if she really had to. Maybe about him "made an important promise with her in the past" or something like that.
Old 2013-10-12, 13:02   Link #1668
Shinhwa
Banned

The promise was that Misaki and Touma was going to get married!

*GASP*
Old 2013-10-12, 13:18   Link #1669
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
The promise was that Misaki and Touma was going to get married!

*GASP*
They are already married... because of academy city laws people can marry as soon as they are biologically capable of reproduction. This increases the number of children born into the city who can be experi .... educated and turned into espers. Touma lost his memory when Misaki was away at a LVL 5 organization meeting and when she got back obviously read his mind to make sure he wasn't fooling around. Not only did she find out he was fooling around with a nun but his head was as blank as a 1 month old....

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
Old 2013-10-12, 14:20   Link #1670
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Problem is, he might find it hard to accept. Misaki already mentioned that it's not worth talking "when have he met her" to an 'amnesia' guy like him, and might end up being angry of her because of that 'relationship' thing (sounds like a red string of fate? ). Whether it don't make sense or not, there maybe something that motivates her to do that "memory transfer" thing, if she really had to. Maybe about him "made an important promise with her in the past" or something like that.
When was this? I read that in a doujin once but I don't think that happened in the actual story anywhere.
Old 2013-10-12, 20:06   Link #1671
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

shouln't she just tell him everything though
Old 2013-10-12, 21:59   Link #1672
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
When was this? I read that in a doujin once but I don't think that happened in the actual story anywhere.
Mind if I give this one to you?
Quote:
(To Touma, from NT 7): "But you are always like this. Perhaps that is the proper form for our relationship ability. No matter how many times I ask or our paths cross, the answer is always the same. Saying this will probably make you angry just like back then, but perhaps that is my punishment for having this power. After all, these repeated coincidences cannot be explained logically☆"
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
They are already married... because of academy city laws people can marry as soon as they are biologically capable of reproduction. This increases the number of children born into the city who can be experi .... educated and turned into espers. Touma lost his memory when Misaki was away at a LVL 5 organization meeting and when she got back obviously read his mind to make sure he wasn't fooling around. Not only did she find out he was fooling around with a nun but his head was as blank as a 1 month old....
Since when? And where did you get this? And no, we want to the real, legit marriage. Tell me if you're being sarcastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
shouln't she just tell him everything though
You knew it may not work this way, pal.
Old 2013-10-12, 22:24   Link #1673
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:

Since when? And where did you get this? And no, we want to the real, legit marriage. Tell me if you're being sarcastic.

You knew it may not work this way, pal.
I apologize, I tried to write something completely nutty and didn't think to put the /sarc thing on it. Nothing in that post was true, It was just a blind crack theory.

As for just telling him there are many reasons for that. She could, like Index, be aware that the Kamijou Touma that she knew is already gone. Or she may not want to burden him with something that couldn't be helped. In this situation he may feel horrible if they were close (rom/nom-rom whichever) and he forgot about her and his actions saddened her. But the feelings and memories are no longer there so the relationship would still be over or starting anew. Given her ability I'm guessing she knows the person she knew is gone but still wants to talk to him because the core of him is still the same. Well that's just another crack theory there are a lot of reasons to keep quiet.

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
Old 2013-10-13, 13:55   Link #1674
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

I'll break dat illusion:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-10-13, 14:03   Link #1675
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
I'll break dat illusion:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
kamijou touMAN.
Old 2013-10-15, 22:39   Link #1676
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Problem is, he might find it hard to accept. Misaki already mentioned that it's not worth talking "when have he met her" to an 'amnesia' guy like him, and might end up being angry of her because of that 'relationship' thing (sounds like a red string of fate? ).
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by From Misaki
Saying this will probably make you angry just like back then, but perhaps that is my punishment for having this power.
Emphasis mine. Maybe we didn't read it the same way, but to me at least, it looks more like Touma got angry with her for saying she consider her life cursed because of her power, or something to that effect.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
Old 2013-10-15, 22:45   Link #1677
Shinhwa
Banned

It looks more like Misaki used her power to change someone's memory or did something in a negative way then Touma got pissed about it.
Old 2013-10-16, 04:24   Link #1678
Draco Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
It looks more like Misaki used her power to change someone's memory or did something in a negative way then Touma got pissed about it.
Well he is pretty much the poster child for Neutral Good and even now she abuses her ability for the most childish of reasons...

How much you betting part of the reason she's keeping closes tabs on him is that she looking for a good opportunity to win him over and 'reconnect' using her ability to save him?
Old 2013-10-16, 09:04   Link #1679
Acer
Death to the infidels!

in Volume 7 Misaki used her powers quite the way we wanted (doing everything with the girl of small boobs) and although Touma complained he was not really angry, he even considered the fact that she use her power to manipulate several people to search spiritual item. Touma understands how useful is her power. I think the problem was much more serious, she must have done something with someone very close to him, if she tried something like this with the Index, she would be beaten (probably)
Old 2013-10-16, 09:21   Link #1680
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
Emphasis mine. Maybe we didn't read it the same way, but to me at least, it looks more like Touma got angry with her for saying she consider her life cursed because of her power, or something to that effect.
So you mean Touma was only angry of her 'curse' she having that made her abuse her 'gift'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco Spirit View Post
Well he is pretty much the poster child for Neutral Good and even now she abuses her ability for the most childish of reasons...

How much you betting part of the reason she's keeping closes tabs on him is that she looking for a good opportunity to win him over and 'reconnect' using her ability to save him?
Well then, I expect this would likely to happen when the alternate world Touma trapped would make him betray everything he believes in, especially his chronic hero syndrome.
Closed Thread